Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

1672173484SPPS218_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 218

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans!  What have we got for you here?!?  Well, several things really!  First, a rare appearance by none other than Nati Batti who will be taking over the Undercard portion of this preview!  Then, an amazing clash as we head to Tokyo and two of the hometown favorites face off, forcing the crowd to take sides as Tanaka Matsuda and Kiryu Kazuma get into the cage for the Main Event of the evening and test their fans’ loyalty tonight! 

Oh, and while we’re at it, we’ll have a little contest for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Championship of the World as Logan steps in for the Co-Main Event to defend against Guy River!  Yeah, the fact that it’s a title fight and they are the Co-Main means that we should expect a bit of a chip on their shoulders and a ton of intensity…and I call that a win for me, Donkey and all of our fans out there!

Hopefully with all that going on this show will continue a streak of great event ratings that we’ve had lately that have propelled Sucker Punch right up the world standings for promotions, as we’ve blown right past the Top 5 worldwide where we’d been lingering and have lately been flirting with the #2 to #4 range overall!  That’s incredible and is in huge part thanks to our managers, fighters and fans out there!  We love you all…the same way we love to give a good kick to the dingle-dangles!  Ya know…the way we show our love round here in the land of cheap shots and low blows, hahaha!

Alright, all that said, it’s time give a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner and then throw this thing over to Nati Batti before Donkey and I step back in for the Main Card!

1670629636AC.gif

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition and let me tell you if you’ve been dragging your feet and haven’t gotten over to their store or one of the many kiosks at the events lately, you’re missing out!  Right now, they have their primary product, “Marvelous Marvin Hagler Energy Injections”, in stock…along with their other good stuff over there!  Shadow Warrior also has “Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  If you’re looking to keep your boys training longer, without as many breaks, these are the supplements you need!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Seemah Feet v Nova Lankinen

Nati Batti’s Take:  The night's first fight will be a welterweight bout between Seemah Feet (hilarious.) and Nova Lankinen. At first glance, it looks like this one should pretty easily be Feet. However, his name is dumb, so we’ll take a closer look. Feet has more experience and a better win rate at 59% compared to Lankinen’s 50%. Their skills just about match up, but it leans slightly in Lankinen’s favor. Not enough to make much of a difference, though. Although Feet is missing a tiny bit of both morale and energy, Laniken is down about 20% in morale so I’d give this aspect to Feet. All in all, it looks like it’s going to be Feet tonight (although I really hope it’s not) and he’ll probably win by TKO since that’s what he does most often.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Futoshi Matsunaga v Peter Petersson

Nati Batti’s Take:  Up next, we will see Futoshi Matsunaga (fun name!) against Peter Petersson (boring.) in a featherweight (aka skinny boy) bout. Both of these guys are very experienced fighters as Matsunaga has fought in 66 bouts in his career and Petersson has 32. (Side note: these guys’ avatars look like they could be siblings. Anyways…) I’d usually consider 32 career fights to be very experienced, so the fact that Matsunaga has over twice that is pretty impressive. He’s been at it a while, I guess. These guys are pretty even across all skills except BJJ, where Matsunaga excels with his black belt. Petersson is missing a wee bit of both energy and morale, while Matsunaga has full energy but is missing slightly more morale. I consider these to even out. This is a tough one, but I’m going to take Matsunaga to win this one. I think it will be by submission (just a feeling). I hate submissions.

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Christophe Dupree v Charon Lehto

Nati Batti’s Take:  The third fight of the night will be a heavyweight bout between Christophe Dupree and Charon Lehto (both of these names are mediocre). At first glance, it’s already looking like Dupree but we’ll see. Dupree has significantly more experience at 73 career matches compared to Lehto’s 13. However, Lehto’s win rate is technically much better at 85% compared to Dupree’s 55%. Although, I’m not sure how fair of a comparison that is just due to the 60-match difference. Lehto has a slight edge in every skill except BJJ, where Dupree has a significant advantage with his brown belt. Like the prior fight, Lehto is missing a tiny bit of both energy and morale while Dupree is missing a bit more morale, so it evens out in my mind. This is another tough one, but I’m going to stick with my gut and choose Dupree to win this. Probably via TKO, since he apparently does that quite often.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Jesse Custer v Benedicte Swanson

Nati Batti’s Take:  Fight number 4 of the night will be a welterweight bout featuring Jesse Custer and Benedict Swanson. Swanson has much more experience overall, but his win rate is much worse. Looking at skills, these two are pretty much dead even in everything except BJJ (BJJ is always the stand-out…) where Swanson has an advantage with his brown belt over Custer’s purple belt. Swanson is missing some morale and a little bit of energy. Custer is also missing a little bit of morale, but not quite as much as Swanson, and he has full energy. I’m going to take Custer for this one. I don’t know why, this pick is just speaking to my soul. He has only ever won by TKO, and I doubt this will be any different.

Undercard Bout #5: Middleweights

Red Jesus Karter v Jun Liu

Nati Batti’s Take:  The final fight of the undercard will be a middleweight bout between Red Jesus Karter (there’s a lot going on in that name) and Jun Liu (his avatar has quite luscious hair). Like the last bout, Liu has more experience but not as good of a win rate as Karter. Karter has a slight edge in muay thai and wrestling while Liu has the advantage in BJJ and boxing. Surprisingly, Liu has both full energy and full morale (ooooooo. aaahhhh.). Karter’s aren’t too bad; he’s just missing a small bit of both. I think it’ll be close, but Liu will probably win this one by decision.

Alright folks!!!  Donkey and I will be with you shortly as we pick up here for the Main Card now and send Nati off to her swim team practice! Give us a few and we’ll be right back, probably about an hour or two!

Main Card Bout #1: Lightweights

Mate Orsic v Marchrius Rossi

098f6be881697a09c6cb3c8630483abe.png

Welcome back folks!  Donkey and I are here to bring you Main Card action and it all starts with this Lightweight showdown between Rossi and Orsic.  Just a beginning taste of a Main Card that is chock full of Lightweight action as these two kick it off, then two fights later we get Holloway and Crenshaw…followed by the Lightweight fight that every other fighter in the division will be watching with keen interest, the title fight between Frankie Logan and Guy River!

Rossi and Orsic are both well prepared for this fight with tanks fully fueled both energy and morale wise! We love that shit!  Rossi will be the better striker this evening, at least on paper, with slightly better boxing and Muay Thai…and, while we’re at it…even a slight edge in wrestling.  But Orsic is definitely the better Jiu Jitsu artist with a black belt over Rossi’s brown.

Rossi comes in off a big win over Kongsangchai earlier this month which he tacked onto a win over Vinicius Verreira back in November.  He’s 3-1 over his last four and looking to start getting his name whispered more and more in MMA household’s worldwide.  Orsic defeated Red Crow in late November via decision and, despite a loss to current title challenger Guy River the fight prior,  he’s on a 5-1 run with one goal in mind…eventually getting that title shot!  He’s a former champ from the Slavic Fight League but he’d like to legitimize that resume by becoming champ in here in one of the top rated promotions in MMA!

Donkey’s Pick: Orsic via Unanimous Decision

Rossi is more or less your power striker who loves to box and loves to whack his opponents in the head!  Orsic is a bit more diverse with an ability to strike for points, go for the finish or even work for a submission.  So that leaves us with a lot of questions about where this fight goes tonight and I won’t lie, your guess is as good as mine!  Given recent records and the only loss coming to Guy River, current Top Contender, I’m going to lean towards Orsic here tonight after we get the word from the judges!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

Craig Watkins v Zawisza Czarny Z Garbowa

feed7c7349408f0b0f9d05329409b037.png

Next up a pair of Middleweights before we head straight back into Lightweight action.  We’ll have…well, I’m only going with the last name here because, well, ain’t nobody got time for all that…so Garbowa taking on Craig Watkins this evening.  Now, I feel like Garbowa has probably made the pick for Donkey a bit easier than normal here this evening as he’ll come into this fight off on morale a bit, probably a little over 10% and a bit shy on energy also.  Combined, undoubtedly Donkey will look the other way across the cage.

Watkins dispatched Kirov Sturmovik earlier this month via a fantastic KO that was a serious contender for ‘KO of the Night’ honors.  Unfortunately, he was summarily dismissed in similar fashion by Red Jesus Karter back at the end of October.  He’s been a bit back and forth since joining Sucker Punch…both with current management as well as prior manager Alex Maniatakos…so we’ll have to see if he can make good on the energy and morale advantage Garbowa has dished up for him this evening.  If he does, expect it to be via a thrilling KO finish!

Garbowa is super dangerous on the ground with sensational wrestling and a red belt in Jiu Jitsu.  That said, he’s really struggled to put it all together since his days as Light Heavyweight champ at Iron Wolf and even his early run at Blaze where he also grabbed the Middleweight belt for a month before losing it the next.  He’s currently on a 1-5 string that spans back to Blaze and includes five fights here at Sucker Punch with just a sole win over James Yarborough via decision back in October.

Donkey’s Pick: Watkins via KO (Strikes)

Tonight is a great opportunity to see which of these fighters can start the big turnaround and perhaps takes those first steps towards the top here at Sucker Punch!  You never know what might happen when you throw a grappler with submission skills into the cage with a striker, so this is a tough call but Hare is correct, I have to go with the more prepared fighter so my hat gets tossed over to Watkins’ corner.  Is there really a corner in an octagon cage though?!?  More like an angle or something I’d think!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Max Holloway v Don Crenshaw

4d702cf440b46dfb2d63bf4cae14994f.png

Back to our Lightweights with Don Crenshaw and Max Holloway set to get to it!  Now, I won’t lie Donkey, this is one I’m looking forward to this evening for a few reasons. 

First, these two just didn’t disappoint, they’re both fully prepared and I’m always extremely appreciative of that…as are the fans! 

Second, both are HIGHLY skilled and while Crenshaw is considerably younger in this pairing he’s shown he can run through some very tough competition which includes wins over Kongsangchai and Urameshi in October and November respectively.  Only a decision loss to Alderidge in early December has stained his recent trips to the cage and frankly Alderidge is one of the best the division currently has to offer!  So no shame there. With a 4-2 run under his belt, 3-2 here at Sucker Punch and an ability to both finish with a KO or take it via points, this man has the tools to get to the top and it may only take him a couple more fights to do just that!

At 34 years old, Holloway is your “grizzled vet” relatively speaking as these two head to the cage.  His run here at SPPS has only just begun, we hope, but he’s been through the war elsewhere and has held the title at Odense more than once previously.  No doubt he’d love to cement his legacy by showing he can do it at another notch up the ladder here at Sucker Punch!  A loss to White Rain spoiled his debut in November but that, much like Crenshaw’s loss to Alderidge, was against one of the very best in the division here.  He bounced back nicely with a TKO victory over Aramix Knox in a match that earned them both ‘Fight of the Night’ honors and thrilled the crowd.  Expect more excitement tonight as he clashes with Crenshaw and tries to take a step forward towards an eventual title shot!

Donkey’s Pick: Crenshaw via TKO (Strikes)

These two have very similar approaches but I feel like this one is going to come down to two aspects…age and experience versus youth and energy…and who can dictate where the fight takes place.  Crenshaw will likely want to keep it separated and use his kickboxing abilities while Holloway may very well try to get in close for some slow dancing where he can really work the dirty stuff in the clinch.  Normally, I’d side with experience. But I just have that weird tingling itch that says the youth is here and looking to make a splash!  Possible ‘Fight of the Night’ or ‘KO of the Night’ right here folks!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Logan vs. River…IV

Frankie Logan v Guy River

06ea33e656bc6264003af30bb32a2269.png

I mentioned in the intro that our Co-Main Event may have a bit more intensity to it than a title fight would normally have…which, normally, would be a TON already…just because it’s not being featured as the “MAIN” event!  And can you blame these guys if they do come in with a bit of a chip on their shoulders about it?  Especially…The Evil Scotsman…and SPPS Hall of Famer…Frankie Logan!  I mean, *best Scottish voice, which isn’t very good at all*, he’s the fookin’ G.O.A.T. after all! 

And Guy River…this man has put in his time…no doubt…and here he gets second fiddle in his second attempt to win the belt from the same man he won it from the first time he was champ?  And it has been a LONG TIME coming in between…you have to admire this man’s tenacity to keep plugging along, despite setbacks at the worst times every time he got sooooo close, and yet this man never gave up the quest to get back to the title fight!  I LOVE THAT SHIT!!!

Logan comes into this off a walkabout to GAMMA where he attempted to pile onto his legacy by taking a Super Fight against Jubei Akechi.  He came up short, losing a very, VERY rare decision earlier in December.  There aren’t many who can match him when it comes to technical striking, and even fewer who can overcome him.  Mediocre did it once. And paid the price in a payback match.  Duvernay did as well, but his manager ran off before Logan could get his revenge in the cage, and instead, he got his revenge by instructing his manager to steal that man to their camp!  Greg Connor…ran off to GAMMA before he ever had to face Logan again, Baptiste…fell off the map a bit and has struggled to come back after hitting his peak.  The list is very short for those who have managed to hang with Logan! 

The one guy who has been there, lurking, biding time…River.  A win for Logan via split decision to retain the title.  A loss by Logan via strikes to have River swipe the belt!  Two months later, Logan makes a HUGE statement and submits River to take the belt back!  And then…a little over a year…almost a year and a half…fourteen fights later…two title runs later…and here’s River again.  Never to be thrown aside entirely.  Never willing to back down.  Willing to look across the cage into Logan’s eyes and respectfully suggest that he can match whatever Logan has prepared after all this time!  That fire and hunger…still burning in his own eyes!  YESSS!!!

THAT’S WHAT OUR CO-MAIN EVENT IS ALL ABOUT TONIGHT FOLKS!!!!  LET’S DO THIS!!!

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Majority Decision

Well damn Hare, I don’t even know what to say!  Wow.  I think I just want to sit here with goosebumps and shivers knowing that we have some of the greatest fights that Sucker Punch has ever seen queued up and ready to go tonight!!!  And there’s more after this!  I’m giving the nod to the great, the GOAT…Logan.  But damn, I respect the friggin’ hell outa River and the thought that one of these greats will accomplish something amazing tonight…yep, you said it…YESSS!

Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Bout

Tanaka Matsuda v Kiryu Kazuma

df4965e18e5f853119480fd8a52accd4.png

And here we are at long last folks!  Our Main Event of the evening and the fight that undoubtedly has had the fans in Tokyo waiting on the edge of their seats!  The two prolific sons of Japan, fighters who I have no question have set houses split down the seams, brothers (and sisters!) at odds with their siblings, towns chanting in support for one or the other and politicians from disparate provinces no doubt engaging in honorable bets with one another in support of their boy!

Kiryu Kazuma, The Dragon of Dojima, favored son of Kamurocho, Japan and FOUR TIME Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Champion of the World…steps into the cage to face Chiba, Japan’s first son, former Blaze Brothers Middleweight Champion and more…another former Sucker Punch Pro Series World Champion…the one, the only, Tanaka Matsuda!!!

Both fighters bring mixed martial arts disciplines and striking abilities to the cage that make long lines of Kazuma’s and Matsuda’s proud!  Kazuma is your consummate power striker…deadly, powerful, shocking and every bit as dangerous as you think he could be!  Matsuda brings a more nuanced striking mastery to the cage with the ability to place his strokes with unbelievable accuracy, but never forget about his ability to unleash a finisher when the opportunity arises as well…and the fact that his study of the arts is so well rounded that if the fight ends up on the mat he can end your night in a dramatic submission to wow the crowd!

Oh, is that all you say?  Oh heck no!  Both of these fighters are on a mission to return to glory…to regain that that was once theirs…and with a win here Matsuda would likely earn that opportunity to go after the belt next time out!  Kazuma is nearly in the same position with likely a Top Contender battle in store for him should he win this evening.  Each just a step or two away from the glory they seek!  Each with a ton on the line and a home crowd that will be torn as they go to battle!  Let the games begin and the night come to a thunderous close!

Donkey’s Pick: Matsuda via Split Decision

I don’t normally go all homer on you guys and jump on Hare’s…well, you get the idea.  But, setting this fight up, the very first meeting between these two amazing martial artists after all this time in Sucker Punch…and in Tokyo no less…a master stroke by Hare!  This fight could go either way and the energy of the Tokyo Bowl is likely to push them further than they’ve ever been pushed in two already highly decorated careers!  It’s a tough pick.  Matsuda has only been finished twice in his long career.  Kazuma is the master of making it happen anyway and that’s a very intriguing thing!  But…I have to lean towards Matsuda managing to drag this one out and get it with technical striking mastery…in a close one with the judges!  One that will undoubtedly leave the fans debating the outcome and wanting more…or so we could hope!

We’re all set and waiting for all the action at the Tokyo Bowl in Japan for SPPS 218 tonight ya’ll!  Hope you’ll be there with us but hell, I can understand if you can’t!  If not, we’ve got you covered with an amazing THREE HOUR PPV that will not disappoint!  We’ve spared no expense and you’ll get three hours of some of the best action and production you could ever ask for!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

1672173484SPPS218_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 218

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Christophe Dupree v Charon Lehto

Nati Batti’s Take:  The third fight of the night will be a heavyweight bout between Christophe Dupree and Charon Lehto (both of these names are mediocre). At first glance, it’s already looking like Dupree but we’ll see. Dupree has significantly more experience at 73 career matches compared to Lehto’s 13. However, Lehto’s win rate is technically much better at 85% compared to Dupree’s 55%. Although, I’m not sure how fair of a comparison that is just due to the 60-match difference. Lehto has a slight edge in every skill except BJJ, where Dupree has a significant advantage with his brown belt. Like the prior fight, Lehto is missing a tiny bit of both energy and morale while Dupree is missing a bit more morale, so it evens out in my mind. This is another tough one, but I’m going to stick with my gut and choose Dupree to win this. Probably via TKO, since he apparently does that quite often.

16667683479904.gif

Parta "Party" Matti

"Parta 'Party' Matti here.

Excellent preview, but I couldn't help but notice only one party weight fight on the card. It's true that their names are mediocre. However! I can definitely vouch that Lehto's party skills are up to scratch.

This is a guy who knocked out current #1 p4p fighter in the whole tycoon universe, Leif Leiffsson, then took 4 years off before starting to fight again recently. 4 years of the prime of his career taken off just to party. What a man! What a chad!

Like mentioned before, I left the FF Forever gym in recent times because Manager Marky Mark had asked me to choose between fighting and party. How Charon Lehto is still there beggars belief. Parta Party #1, but Lehto's Lesiure Lounge was #2 party in all of tycoon. Maybe he ran out of money and that's why he's fighting again? Sucks to suck I guess. Party on!"

"Parta 'Party' Matti here.

The above is what I WOULD have said if my klutz of a manager didn't get too distracted partying hours ago and actually hit the post button. It's now well past the actual event, but would you look at that, I knew Lehto had it in him to defy the preview's predictions. Lehto's Leisure Lounge is getting a workout tonight!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 762x39 said:

Great write up! Hope you were happy with the fight. They went at it like always! 

It was most excellent (best Wayne's World go...) !  Loved it and the outcome was probably shocking for some, despite the hype up!  Wow...congrats on being champ again and evening the record with one of THE BEST ever at 2-2, truly an amazing accomplishment!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

It was most excellent (best Wayne's World go...) !  Loved it and the outcome was probably shocking for some, despite the hype up!  Wow...congrats on being champ again and evening the record with one of THE BEST ever at 2-2, truly an amazing accomplishment!

Logan is a beast. Both of us have a finish and a decision win, don’t think it can get more even than that. You know we will have to do a tie breaker. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 762x39 said:

Logan is a beast. Both of us have a finish and a decision win, don’t think it can get more even than that. You know we will have to do a tie breaker. 

Absolutely and possibly sooner than later!  River has Alderidge up next for his first defense.  In the meantime, Logan is looking at trying to knock down White Rain and prevent him from stepping to the champ after that!  If Logan moves past Rain and River retains, it's on...*ding ding ding*, River v Logan ... V!!!!

• Upvote 2

Ah man!!!! You guys are just totally rocking it!  We've had a string of really solid events over the past few weeks and that is absolutely thanks to you guys, our managers and fighters!  Can't thank everybody enough for their support and efforts!  The top rankings are always fluctuating, but to see us up there in 2nd overall yet AGAIN is friggin' awesome and has me stoked!

42f5a3f8edb32ff3c001e96a6f34d57f.png
As I said, this is totally a reflection of the crew that is here with us and helping to make this fun and successful at the same time.  I won't lie, the move to unrestricted had me more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs (to steal from my grandfather!) and the merger with CFC into our fold definitely posed a lot of challenges, certainly financially, but I think we're on a great path right now and I'm really looking forward to what the future holds for SPPS and our folks with us!

That said, we're really trying to bolster the lower weight divisions, especially Featherweight, and for whatever reason Light Heavyweight seems to be a challenging one to get and retain good, varied competition.  If you've got guys that are looking for a home that will welcome them and treat em well, yell at them for us!

76f3decc642c6e2c040da929a7a4795d.png
And (shameless plug here) if you haven't rated the orgs you have fighters with, whether it's Sucker Punch or otherwise, be sure to head over to your contracts page to do that, it always makes an org runner thrilled to see guys providing feedback, whether good or less so. But if it's less so, be sure to communicate what you'd like to see done better, can't improve if we don't know details!  Thanks all!  Take care, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays!  ~ Hare

FYI, for those who don't know, contract ratings/feedback are given by going to your contracts page, and then clicking on the red X/green check up in the top right!  No obligation to do so folks, but for those who wanted to know!

1a7cfd0d60aa21c7046fd97c1716a7e5.png

• Upvote 3

Well folks, I had planned to get a preview done for SPPS 220 today!  But unfortunately, work has picked up and just hasn't allowed me to get things done.  Here was the intro at least, but I know this doesn't provide the personalized input for each fighter you were hoping for.  I'll try to get the next one done the day in advance folks!

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 220

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans!  Hare Rumpler back with you along with my colleague and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, as we prepare to bring you SPPS 220 this evening from good ole London, England!

Now, truth be told, I’m at that other side gig that pays all the bills today and already short on time before the event kicks off…while also being distracted by silly business folks wanting stuff from me…so this is going to have to be a quick and dirty one today folks.  Sorry about that, but hey, it’s better than no preview right?  I’ll probably go a bit shorter on the Undercard fights similar to what Nati or Risa would do if I had them do those portions and then we’ll see what kind of time I have left for the Main Card once we get there! 

There’s a lot of good stuff on tap for this evening folks!  Put aside the fantastic Featherweight showdown for the title between first time defending champ, Lemme Bang and former champ, Diogo Jimenez, and we’ve got a slew of great fights coming at you before that!  Garcia and Barkley are all set to get down and dirty in the Co-Main Event to determine which of them gets the next Top Contender battle with a Middleweight title shot on the line.  Red Jesus Karter sits waiting for the winner between these two and you can bet your ass he’s probably made the trip to London to check out the action live and size up his potential next opponent!

The last fight of the Undercard as well as the first two in the Main Card are all BIG Heavyweight bouts and those three are followed by Light Heavyweight action between Don Bronson and Wille Thai!  So if you’re a fan of the big boys getting in there and really bringing the BOOM, well, we’ve got you covered!  Bronson and Thai will especially bring the intensity as the winner of their fight goes on to face Radu Dracul for the belt.  Dracul has been sitting waiting a bit longer than usual, so you know he’s amped and ready to get back in there for real! A guy, especially a champ, can only take so much sparring man!  No doubt he, much like Karter, will be on hand tonight to get eyes directly on his potential next opponent!

And a lot more action with the lower weight classes in the Undercard with a Featherweight opener between Kingston and Bickle, a pair of Welterweight contests to follow and Lightweight bout between Red Jesus’ cousin, Jesus Christ Karter as he gets set to throw down with Pablo…Itzp…ppfftt, er, I dunno, just Pablo!

Now, a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

1670629636AC.gif

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition and let me tell you if you’ve been dragging your feet and haven’t gotten over to their store or one of the many kiosks at the events lately, you’re missing out!  Unfortunately, at the moment you’re out of luck, as they are completely sold out including their primary product, “Marvelous Marvin Hagler Energy Injections”!  But you’d be making a mistake if you didn’t keep an eye on them and snatch up that inventory as soon as it refills! 

Enjoy the event folks!

Very sorry that I couldn't actually provide the full preview folks!  Stay tuned for the next.  And if I can (no promises), I'll try to do a post-event cheap shots for this one!

• Like 2

16667683479904.gif

Parta "Party" Matti

"*snore* mimimimi *snorrrre* mimimimi Huh?! What the?!

Hello party people, sorry about that. I was just asleep after that disasterclass. I apologise on behalf of the rest of the card for such a non-party like snorefest. It was so bad poor old Hare had a nap after writing the preview introduction. Luckily he didn't spend that effort because hooley dooley 4 decisions in a row followed by a 5th soon after is NOT a party. Party pooper, not a party starter. Daniel Spongecake and The Devil's Pansy both managed to take a HW fight to a decision, and even my boys Itchy Sinclair and CD Queen couldn't get the finish. At least Diego got a sweet sub. Lemmy Bang will have to go back to Pablo's camp in disgrace. That camp has been collecting belts for fun, and it probably means the camp gulag for Bang for bringing camp Heavy Metal into shame.

Speaking of disgrace, what's going on with the referee and the doctors from my fight? Mr Amir has great heart and a solid chin, but I was tooling him up. Knocked him down early and kept playing whack a mole with his head as he tried to attack my beautiful party body. But then the referee and doctor conspired to stop the fight due to... cuts?! Just after I rocked him? Let him go out on his shield. Amir didn't want this. I don't want this. No one has ever stopped one of his fights for cuts before, and we'd just seen FOUR STRAIGHT DECISIONS before this! Let the crowd see a proper knockout.

The ref and the doctors robbed me of a potential KO of the night bonus as I was lining up to decapitate my opponent who was nearly out on his feet. I would have spin kicked him so hard I'd have taken off like a helicopter flight to Ibiza.

Anyway, onto the next challenge Charon Lehto. We've spoken about him before. His parties were #2 only to mine back in the Marky Mark days. He's a lethal guy with great chin, and he gave up fighting to party after beating Leif Leifsson and also has a win over Baron White. But now he's back, I guess Marky Mark made him choose between party and fight. I choose both and I will show him the way.

Party on!"

• Like 2

Mills fakes a right and follows up with a big left that drops Hawk to one knee - oooooh, he's wobbly! Hawk looks to clinch but Mills throws him off and pummels him into the canvas! Hawk taps out under the strikes! The fight is over!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:38 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Strikes). Edward Mills!
Edward Mills took to the mic in his post fight interview and said 'I was swimmin in da Ocean and it taught me to be da hardest Pickle of them all!'.

ITS PICKLE TIME!!!

We are on the cusp of the Unthinkable. Can The Pickle get three wins in a row.......And The Pickle get his first every submission win.. I'd say submission of the night personally... PARTY ON MATTI!!! At this evenings Pickle Party!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, kfuhrer said:

We are on the cusp of the Unthinkable. Can The Pickle get three wins in a row.......And The Pickle get his first every submission win.. I'd say submission of the night personally... PARTY ON MATTI!!! At this evenings Pickle Party!

Unfortunately Submission to strikes counts as a KO and can't be given sub of the night :(

However, Parta definitely approves of this pickle party!

• Like 2

fail-small.png

8/1/2022

Welcome to the first pop-up edition of your new favourite unsubstantiated source of bullshit - the Daily Fail! We aim to cover current rumours circulating the locality and print it completely unsubstantiated!

Big Pickle making it rain!

Amongst all the rumours of parties in Sucker Punch being funded by Big Pickle, inside sources report that the #1 party animal in all of Tycoon, Parta "Party" Matti, has been subject to backroom envelopes straight from the owner due to the referee/doctor shenanegans of SP 220. To add onto this, the famed "Mr Pickle" himself, Edward Mills, has recently come out of contract and our sources say that his management has LEAKED information about his incoming contracts to interested parties. Let's just say that where-ever he goes, "Mr Pickles" is going to get paid and it's only going to further serve the Big Pickle Agenda.

Big Pharma, Big Pickle, and now Big Parta Party (Big PP for short) all participating in shadowy exchanges of money.

SP HW and past title challenger in legal or addiction trouble?

Further, darker, rumours surround the activities of current SP HW and one-time title challenger, Noah Anderson. He recently came away with a clean KO victory over William Riker at SP 221, but then briefly appeared like he was completely out of contract - instantly attracting interest from competing orgs. This seemed strange to the tycoon world, with handsome passerby Dean "dinoooo" Sutherland quoted asking "did Hare not try to re-sign you?".

The Daily Fail can exclusively reveal that while Anderson has since safely re-signed with SP, for what is rumoured to be a sizeable amount, there were initial reservations about him due to a suspected pickle addiction stemming from his harsh back to back KO losses to Fuentes and then Slam. While this didn't appear to affect his performances given his incredible back and forth win over Andrei Kersikov at SP 205, it's said that this situation may have led to a blackmail and matchfixing scenario.

These claims were further substantiated after a mysterious loss at SP 214 where Anderson put in a lackadaisical effort before the referee and doctors conspired to stop the fight very early in the 2nd round for a cut that was barely bleeding.  A very strange set of controversial events that had many posting on social media with what an upset it happened to be. There were further fears the fix was again in when Noah willingly clinched with dangerous grappler WIlliam Riker at SP 221 when inside sources with his camp claimed he had been instructed to never do that at all. However, as we know Anderson came back to win with a clean KO and perhaps this was the re-assurance SP ownership needed to offer Anderson a new contract. It remains to be seen if the unsubstantiated rumours of Anderson's pickle addiction will have any effect moving forward.

Just what is going on at camp House of 1000 Corpses? Can we trust Hendrik Vermeulen?

Due to advances in teleportation technology in the Tycoon world, any time a jet flies for purposes other than relocation eyebrows are always raised. Imagine this publication's surprise when the House of 1000 Corpses' sole jet was scheduled in for 7 flights between a mixture of their home base of Tokyo, plus Montreal and Sydney. The Daily Fail can exclusively reveal that the passengers booked in for all 7 flights were the same 5, and includes 3 SP fighters including Noah Anderson and #1 Party Animal Parta "Party" Matti. The others include fellow SP fighter Logan Barrengarry, Dynasty MMA 205er Ki "Ai" Ruyjini, and 45 year old veteran Hendrik "The Matchmaker" Vermeulen.

1671521927airbondi2gi.gif

The Air Bondi jet in question.

All five passengers had won fights either today or very recently (with a total of 9 wins coming from the camp in the last couple of days) and are from the same camp, but that's where the similarities end. There are claims from some quarters that perhaps this is an opportunity for suspected pickle addict Noah Anderson to get on a bender away from prying eyes, with questions about Parta "Party" Matti's role in the supply of said pickles. Similar questions have been asked in the past about Barrengarry and Ruyjini who both suffered extremely strange and complete losses of form before seemingly recently turning it around coincidentally at their new camp. But it is the fifth member of this party that raises the most questions, Hendrik Vermeulen.

The now 45yo has been defying his age by remaining elite and competitive in the cage. At one point he was touted as the camp's sharpest hands and still maintains truly elite boxing skills and world class MT and wrestling. Vermeulen gets his moniker "The Matchmaker" from his brief stint in the shortlived Evolution MMA, where he publicly dictated nearly the entire debut card's matchups and got his wishes carried out. Such dodgy dealings merely scrape the surface of what this wiley veteran is capable of, and if claims are to be believed, manager Crazy Horse may be utilising him to undermine top fighters from other camps before 'persuading' them to join House of 1000 Corpses and turn their career around. Barrengarry was the #3 welterweight in the whole universe before mysteriously going on a terrible streak after a rumoured pickle addiction and then now mysteriously seemingly being cured. Ruyjini was one of Camp Chakuriki's top prospects before again going on a form skid correlating with his rumoured pickle addiction, and has ALSO since seemingly turned it around after joining Crazy Horse.

Whatever the case may be, we at this honourable publication hope that the authorities examine all links between manager Crazy Horse, chief kingpin Hendrik Vermeulen, #1 party supplier Parta "Party" Matti, and any other unlucky victims who might see themselves manipulated into torpedoing their own career through pickle addiction only to be oh-so-graciously picked up and saved by House of 1000 Corpses. This turn around in their careers cannot be a coincidence, because as you all know, correlation equals causation when we want it to!

• Like 4

My god! The Pickle trade is perfectly legal and many fighters have seen massive career resurgent's from adding Pickles to their diets. The Daily Fail is pushing some propaganda for sure when it comes to the adverse effects of pickle consumption. That said Mr. Pickle and Parta "Party" Matti will likely need a few days to recover from the huge Pickle party bender that's currently going on. 

Also.........How does someone get invited to this private jet event? That sounds like the place to be.

As for the potential for the Big Pickle MONEY  rumor going around.... Lets make one thing clear. Mr. Pickle is the biggest name in all of MMA Tycoon so of course the man is getting bank 🤑.

Best Make It Rain GIFs | Gfycat

What I'm wondering is why did Hare let so many massive names become FA's? Whos next Akara "King Donkey Kong" Kongsangchai becomes a Free Agent? Hare are the financials in SP safe 😉?

*Also loved the post -  The Daily Fail! Great stuff. I'm a supporter for sure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm not going just say that while pickle use itself may or may not be questionable in practice, derivatives from the trade certainly have had their legitimate use in sports previously!  https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/2000-season-philadelphia-eagles-beat-dallas-cowboys-record-heat-pickle-juice/287-5cf0b518-bcd7-473f-badc-0658bf90943c

We are keeping a very close eye on these rumored Mile High Pickle Parties though!  

As for the recent contract delays and folks being off contract temporarily, rest assured there are no $ flow issues coming into play here at SPPS!  I can neither confirm nor deny whether the responsibility was (very temporarily!) given to Donkey who flubbed it just like the ass he is.  Again, neither confirm nor deny!  That said, when asking about WTF was going on and shit, I may or may not have received a response of, "Hey, just testing their loyalty...and seeing if they can get some ammo to drain a little bit more of that Hare$ from the account in negotiations!"  Yes, as I said...total A$$!!!

Loving the Daily Fail!!!  Unsubstantiated rumors have always been the best source of real information, I've always felt that.  Just have to read between the lines!  It's just like when Kay told Jay to "check the hot sheets", aka supermarket tabloids, for the real truth!  

• Like 3

Teaching Kids Media Smarts During Breaking News | Common Sense Media

Rumors have circulated that Mr. Pickle Edward Mills has signed onto a new six figure contract to return to Sucker Punch!

Many sources have stated that Mr. Pickle was quick to sign after rumors about the ill effects of Pickle Juice on many athletes and the Dallas Cowboys!

Sources said that the Pickle Camp was trying to get a seven figure contract but decided on six figures as Edward Mills thought Seven figures was to confusing. 

Our sources reached out to the Pickle Camp for comments on contract negotiations and about the ill effects off pickle juice but the camp did not comment.

We where able to get a quick call with Edward Mills before his camp cut the line on him!

Here are the comments below:

14232416879438.jpg

Mr. Pickle: Hello?

Reporter: Yes Hello, we are looking for Mr. Pickle Edward Mills

Mr. Pickle: OOOH HOO HOO! I'm da Pickle dats me silly!

Reporter: Mr. Pickle have you heard the rumors about re-signing with Sucker Punch

Mr. Pickle: OOOH ya I did. Me and da donkey where drinkin and he said ta take some money and come back to Suck Nutz Punch.... And I said yup!

Reporter: There has been a lot of media lately talking about the negative effects of Pickle consumption and many sources have linked you to the illicit pickle trade and potential negative attributes that have effected the Dallas Cowboys and Parta "Party" Matti'. Can you please comment

Mr. Pickle: OOOH HOO HOO! Pickles are good fer ya. Day make ya smrter and faster and better. If not fur da pickles I would be quick slow and a bad fighter but look at me im very good at it. Plus Matti is ma friend and he is great on da pickles da problem is da refs who eatch his matches day are bad day need da pickles. I did not no dare where Cowboys in Dallas.... But I'm glad day like pickle... Maybe will help dem wrangle da bad guys and da bad refs.

* In the back group it sounds like KyleF yelling in the back ground * Hang up Pickle!!

The Line goes dead. and the reporter hears the receiver tone!

News Reporter Cartoon Images – Browse 15,971 Stock Photos, Vectors, and  Video | Adobe Stock

You heard it first from *Live Breaking News!, your only source for Live Breaking News! 

The Pickle drama seems to be growing and taking shape! Many wonder how Hare will be able to control this media disaster!

Our reporters will continue to dig into the links between Parta "Party" Matti and Mr. Pickle, the exclusive jet tours and the possible illicit use of Pickles in the MMA World!

• Like 4

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 223

Hey everybody out there in Sucker Punch land!  Hare here, along with Donkey “Dan” as always, and we’re thrilled to bring you the preview of the Main Card for SPPS 223!  Now, I’ve been “told” that Nati Batti is “working on it” for the Undercard…but at the same time, I keep seeing her foraging in the kitchen, talking to her mother, and basically doing everything else BUT MY FRIGGIN’ PREVIEW that she promised to do for me and that she swore she would after she got a pair of earrings she wanted recently!  Imma strangle her folks, seriously!

As for more intro here, do we really need it? Hell, do you guys even read it?  Probably not, so instead, let’s just talk about our sponsor and get to the good stuff!

16735458991584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition now brings you not only their amazing energy loss reduction supplements…now renamed to “Marvin Hagler Marvelous Energy Injections”, but also two new fantastic products!  For those of you out there looking to give the newest members of your stables a leg up in their conditioning and strength so they can truly get the most from their training and take less days off…well, Shadow Warrior also now has “ Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high-end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

Violent Femme v Michael Aalto

a5ea45196e645b8eddef6e5c4d1f0337.png

We move into the Main Card here and up first we’ve got, as my daughters would say, a skinny boy slap fest ready to happen!  But this is no ordinary slap fest!  Oh no!  There is plenty on the line for these two as the winner is likely heading towards a Top Contender battle putting them one step away from a possible title shot!  The opponent?  Likely Baptiste, who recently defeated Cleon Wright and sits waiting for his next challenge.

Both fighters are topped off and ready to get going tonight.  Femme is just a smidge off on morale and Aalto the same on energy but that should be remedied by resting one more session before the fight takes place this evening.    Aalto appears to have the edge in a few primaries, with a black belt over Femme’s brown in Jiu Jitsu and just a tad bit of an advantage in both Muay Thai and wrestling.  I wouldn’t necessarily look to those advantages as a way of determining a winner though.  Donkey might, but I won’t!

Aalto comes in off back to back wins over Da Silva and Kalmisto via armbar submission and unanimous decision respectively.  He seems to have found his groove again of late and we’ll see if he can maintain that momentum!  Femme has a trio of wins in his pocket as he heads to the cage tonight with recent wins over Kowalczyk, Petersson and Greene, all via unanimous decision.  Frankly, this man is a decision machine!

It should be noted that this is the second meeting between Aalto and Femme, with Aalto walking away with the decision victory the first go round back in September.  I’ll let Donkey tell you more and see what he thinks about a repeat…or not.

Donkey’s Pick: Femme via Split Decision

The first time these two fought it was a closely matched contest, just as expected, with a 29-28 score for Aalto by all three judges.  However…make no mistake about it!  Femme’s camp, as well as many, MANY fans, probably felt that this decision was a crock of $h!t because Femme really did get the better of the striking and exchanges throughout the fight.  But we don’t score whole fight here folks, and the judges felt that two rounds went to Aalto.  They’ll get to settle the score tonight and unless one or the other makes some significant adjustments I’m going with Femme to avenge the loss!

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Willy Mataitai v Vernon Creed

145aeac8d93f02a264a1dd3768c94785.png

We move on to the Light Heavyweights and much like the last fight these two have a lot on the line as well!  Creed carried a QFC win with him to Sucker Punch and has continued to win with three straight at SPPS!  He’s now in position that should he win over Mataitai, without a doubt one of the toughest opponents he’s faced in his career, he’ll be ready for a Top Contender battle next with title shot implications on the line! 

Mataitai has stated previously that he wasn’t worried about a title shot currently.  However, a win over Smash Machine, followed by a tough fought draw against Tacoronte and then another win over Grigorian has him positioned well to make a case within the next couple fights!  A win here and who knows, maybe he starts to change his mind and think Top Contender battle after all!

Mataitai has won decisions in the past but his bread and butter is to get into the clinch and really work the nasty stuff for a finish.  He’s more than formidable standing toe to toe outside the clinch as well, so Creed will have to be ready for anything if the fight stays on the feet.  Creed won’t mind any of that, but if he has a choice he’ll keep things out of the clinch and come at his opponent with a heavy dose of noggin’ knockers! 

Donkey’s Pick: Creed via TKO (Strikes)

Both fighters are very well prepared for this fight both with energy and morale.  Fantastic!  So no advantage there.  Creed does have minor advantages boxing and wrestling, but really I think this comes down to whether the heavy shot lands and turns out the lights or not.  Mataitai has fallen to KO’s and TKO’s previously, so I’m going to lean towards Creed’s aggression and power perhaps turning out the lights tonight.

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Frankie Logan v White Rain

b6b8f42bb3c95c0b4bc23cf6b2184ef3.png

There is almost literally no end to the great fights on this Main Card tonight at SPPS 223!!!  Sure, we have a Lightweight battle for the belt waiting for us in the Main Event, but this fight right here will determine the NEXT challenger for the title!  So the question becomes…will the guys fighting for the belt (River and Alderidge) be laser focused on their upcoming fight…and ignore this one that could set up the next contender…or will they be peaking in on things from the back and keeping an eye on the action?

The same questions could be asked of these two!  Once the winner between Rain and the very dangerous, very skilled GOAT, Logan, is established…will they be back there resting and recovering as their trainers would probably like to see…or will they be right back out in time to catch the championship fight and watch what they might have coming?!?  I love it!

Rain and Logan have never faced off in the cage before.  And despite Logan clearly carrying the Hall of Fame pedigree with him, technically Rain is the more skilled at least due in part to his black belt over Logan’s brown.  He’s also coached by a very, very talented manager and has run through three opponents to get to this Top Contender battle after shaking off a couple bumps in the road after first arriving at SPPS.  And he’s dangerous, able to strike and win with a finish, take it to the judges, or…even get a submission as he did via guillotine over Wilhelm Strauss back at CFC last June.

I don’t know what I can say about Logan that hasn’t been said before.  He’s an absolute beast.  But the question I think everybody is asking heading into this contest tonight is...”Is Logan’s confidence where it normally is right now?”  Why would that be in question you ask?  Well, he tried to extend the accolades on his prestigious HoF career by going for a cross promotion super fight at GAMMA in early December, but ended up losing via decision to Jubei Akechi.  Then, upon returning to SPPS to defend his title for the FOURTH time…on THIS run…he stumbled against Guy River who actually found a way to out-decision the ‘Maestro of Decisions’!  So…Donkey?

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Unanimous Decision

No doubt Logan has the determination and desire to get that belt back…but you do have to wonder at what point he might fall off a little bit.  Has that happened, or is it just a fluke and a tough couple fights in December, fights that were fairly close together?  We’re going to find out!  Rain has all the tools…and may still possibly be peaking…even at the same thirty-one years of age as Logan…but I can’t turn my back on the myth and the legend that is Logan.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Bout

Sergey Shipilov v Darwin Zambrano

8b04b21befc0121ad10a4fa4dd26b624.png

Our Co-Main Event gives us another huge fight with tons of potential to shake up, in this case, the Middleweight division.  And, surprisingly, a rare occurrence here as one of my own kids has been making his way up the ladder here at SPPS and may be primed for a title run.  Not something I give lightly to one of my own guys!

Zambrano has won his last fight fights against increasingly difficult opponents to the point where he not only got by Landon McGuire and Holden Gracie, but also took on a highly ranked P J Jones pupil in Manny Johnson over at CFC in a pseudo “super fight” to bump their card’s ratings.  A fight many felt was a setup for a loss by Zambrano, he came out with a surprise rear naked choke submission for the ‘W’!  Now, when I say a surprise submission, that should only be a surprise for those who haven’t watched or seen Zambrano, as he’s been proving to be very dangerous on the ground in addition to his ability to finish via KO.  Want to defeat Zambrano?   You better be prepared to land the shot that KO’s…or win via decision! 

Shipilov will be out to prove that while he’s not much of a decision guy, he’s got the power it takes to get to a guy like Zambrano here in his Sucker Punch debut!  He’s put down more than his fair share of opponents and even has a surprise submission via guillotine over Danjuma Legba (say that fast four or five times, I dare you!) from Combate back in July.  Now, all that said, the downside for his outings seems to be that he’s just as susceptible to falling by the same sword(s) he wields and has struggled to find consistency since his SYN and SFL days.

Donkey’s Pick: Zambrano via TKO (Strikes)

You can try to land the shot that stops Zambrano in his tracks, but it’s risky maneuver as he’s actually only fallen to striking finishes twice in his career, and one of those was due to cuts.  I very, very seldom pick for one of Hare’s kids to avoid being a homer…that, and I question the manager’s strategy skills…but this one looks like Zambrano may have the advantage due to a few intangibles.  And if that proves true, he’ll likely be looking at a title shot after this!  Shipilov can make a huge name for himself fast among SPPS faithful with a win here though and be only a step or so away from earning the shot for himself instead if he pulls off the win!

Main Event:

Lightweight Championship Bout

Guy River v Ranger Alderidge

96d9cd8667f337feb73843d41a152319.png

Our Main Event of the evening sees the Lightweight Championship up for grabs as Guy River attempts his first title defense in his second run as champ!  Both times he won the belt by defeating Logan, something not many have ever managed, which makes Guy a bit of a legend in his own right.  No doubt he’s out to prove he can hold onto it for more than a couple months this time out though!  Which…makes you wonder if he’ll be solely focused on this fight that’s so important tonight, or if he’ll be a little distracted knowing that Logan is trying to earn the shot to come back at him again only two fights before this!

This much I know.  Guy River had better put thoughts of everything else out of his mind and get focused if he’s not already!  Ranger Alderidge is managed by none other than Action Jackson and is a very, very dangerous opponent!  He won three in a row to earn this title opportunity, including a recent win in late December over former champion Mister Mediocre!  A fight that allowed him to avenge a prior loss for the belt. That loss, combined with a submission loss to Furioto the next month, still leaves Alderidge on a 7-2 run overall and 6-2 at Sucker Punch!

We’re going to go to Donkey here for a bit more, but know that if you like a technical striking display, you’re likely about to get it!  If you think River excels in that area, Alderidge goes a step further.  However, River also has surprise flash TKO ability, so better come prepared to defend yourself Alderidge!

Donkey’s Pick: River via Split Decision

Alderidge is a former Dynasty and, before that, Caged Warriors champion at Lightweight.  But let’s be honest, that was in the younger, lesser experienced and developed days and isn’t on the same level as what he’s seen since joining Sucker Punch!  Now, he’s done very, very well here with us…but now he faces somebody who has gone toe to toe with Frankie Logan and split their adventures over four fights.  NOBODY has done that.  River is unquestionably the biggest fight of Alderidge’s career and I suspect he may need just a bit more time to be prepared for the likes of River.  This fight could provide valuable experience in that area.  If he can overcome River, it will shock the MMA world just a bit, but at the same time, validate everything that Alderidge is about.  For now, my pick goes with River…a man who’s run here at Sucker Punch has likely only been stifled from legendary status by the presence of Frankie Logan!

So we’re all set for some amazing action later this evening over at the LA Memorial Colliseum folks!  I hope everybody is as amped up and as ready to go as Donkey and I!  If all else fails and you can’t make it, just know that we’ve got you covered with an amazing THREE HOUR PPV that will not disappoint!  We’ve spared no expense and you’ll get three hours of some of the best action and production you could ever ask for!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Well, here is NatiBatti's (very) brief Undercard Preview!  Granted, I started to do up a bunch of notes for Donkey, got to the very last sentence, and then accidentally hit the back key.  I never do that.  I always work in a Word document first.  But this time I cut corners and it bit me in the ass.  No pun intended.  Grrr!

Anyways, here we go:

Fight #1:

This fight doesn’t even count as it will be a 1 round, 3-minute bout, so it doesn’t get a preview. The fighters will be Brayden Abner and Joose Simpson. 

Fight #2:

The second fight of the night (and the first real one) will be a middleweight bout between Jake Drummond and Leo Bosanac. Both of these guys have some good experience under their belts, and they both have a win rate of about 59%. Looking at their skills, they’re pretty much dead even across the board, with neither standing out in any given skill. Both of these guys are coming into this fight with full energy, so the only major difference is their morale levels. Drummond is missing a little, but it’s nothing compared to Bosanac, whose morale seems to be down about 30%. Due to this, I’m going to take Drummond on this one. Probably by KO.

Fight #3:

In fight number 3, we’ll see Thomas Bolleke against Misak Grigorian in a light heavyweight bout. Bolleke has been in over 3 times as many bouts as Grigorian, so he has a clear advantage here in experience alone. However, Grigorian has a slightly better win rate at 65%, compared to Bolleke’s 60%. Their skills are pretty similar, but if I had to choose I’d say the stats lean slightly in Grigorian’s favor. However, Grigorian is missing about twice as much morale as Bolleke is, which isn’t a small amount. I think this one is going to be close, but I’m actually going to pick Bolleke to win this one. Just a gut feeling. I think he’ll win by decision. 

Fight #4: 

Up next, we will see Abdul Rahman and Bender Mein Armbach (hilarious.) in a welterweight bout. Both of these guys are pretty experienced fighters with similar win rates, so there’s not much to look at there. These guys are pretty close in every skill except BJJ, where Armbach has a decent advantage with his black belt. They’re both missing some energy and morale, but it essentially evens out in my mind. Despite Armbach seeming to have a bit of an advantage, I’m going to pick Rahman to win via decision just because I don’t like Armbach’s name. I said what I said. 

Fight #5:

The final fight of the undercard will be a lightweight bout between Jyrki Sukulaku and Conspiracy Theorist (I’ve seen this dude before and I still don’t like his name). These guys have similar amounts of experience, but it appears Sukulaku has a better win rate (I didn’t do the math 🙂 ). Sukulaku also has an advantage in 3 of the 4 skills, with a pretty good difference in BJJ with his black belt compared to Theorist’s brown belt. Both guys have full energy, but Sukulaku is missing a tiny bit of morale while Theorist also has full morale (good for him!). Despite this, I’m still going to choose Sukulaku to win, likely via TKO since that’s what he does more often than not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2