UFC 249 Ferguson vs Gaethje Pick'em Thread

Before Gaejthe lost to Eddie and Dustin, I would of picked him to beat Tony. honestly wasn't impressive with his win streak as much as others, title shot was not warranted into for the opponents he KO'd... James Vick and Barboza does not shoot you in above Tony, or even Conor in a company sense, But I picked against Tony a few times and he always impresses so I wasn't gonna pick against him this time.

Never been a fan of T-ferg outside fighting style, but damn I feel for the dude. We just got robbed up Khabib vs Tony. We should of seen Khabib vs Tony and then Khabib vs Justin.

I think both would of gave Khabib hell. I also think that no crowd shit impacts people more than others, and feel like some fighters thrive off that energy in the stands, just like others choke when all those eyes are on em.

Think Tony vs Justin would be a different fight under different circumstances, but War Justin. Go decapitate Khabib so we can hear your hillbilly scrapping ass talk a bunch of crazy shit before getting decapitated by a striker like McGregor lol.

Before Gaejthe lost to Eddie and Dustin, I would of picked him to beat Tony. honestly wasn't impressive with his win streak as much as others, title shot was not warranted into for the opponents he KO'd... James Vick and Barboza does not shoot you in above Tony, or even Conor in a company sense, But I picked against Tony a few times and he always impresses so I wasn't gonna pick against him this time.

Never been a fan of T-ferg outside fighting style, but damn I feel for the dude. We just got robbed up Khabib vs Tony. We should of seen Khabib vs Tony and then Khabib vs Justin.

I think both would of gave Khabib hell. I also think that no crowd shit impacts people more than others, and feel like some fighters thrive off that energy in the stands, just like others choke when all those eyes are on em.

Think Tony vs Justin would be a different fight under different circumstances, but War Justin. Go decapitate Khabib so we can hear your hillbilly scrapping ass talk a bunch of crazy shit before getting decapitated by a striker like McGregor lol.

The reason I picked Justin was because of the double weight cut on Tony, Tony's pace is a huge factor in most fights and I figured that his cardio would be damaged a little by the weight cutting. And I thought his chin would be compromised but damn that guy can take a punch. Even without all the variables though, Tony's striking is wild but not technical enough to deal with Justin. And Justin's takedown defense is really good too. Just a bad style for Tony to deal with. Its a bad style for Khabib to deal with as well. I'll be pulling for Khabib but I wont be surprised if Justin stuff's his takedowns and lights him up on the feet. Khabib chin is underrated and striking isn't as bad as people say, but against Justin, he might be in some serious trouble.

Oh I also agree, I think McGregor would KO Justin, too technical and accurate, and most likely Justin would refuse to wrestle at all.

Oh I also agree, I think McGregor would KO Justin, too technical and accurate, and most likely Justin would refuse to wrestle at all.

I think he'd get baited like Eddie. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat CMac, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I also think Tony's cardio looked great. Train a year for a grappler and get Justin instead, big style difference.

justin if fights like last night and stays in a game plan he is super tough to beat -- dont think anyone thought he would come out and fight like that -- now if he would just use some of his wrestling for a takedown here and there his stand up would be even better ---- he is his own worst opponent and i think he would ko conor IF he stays within himself

Tony vs Khabib is a cursed booking. Somebody always gets hurt or stuck in their country and pulls out. I was supposed to see that fight in Tampa in 2016.

BTW Kenlow any reason why you didnt count my prediction? O.o

My bad, I thought it was a quote. I’ll fix it sometime this week.

O well, so there goes all the Ferguson hype. Gaethje came into this fight very calm and took his time. As soon as i say Ferguson consistently standing straight up, i thought this wont end good. He also traded way too much with Gaethje in the first 3 rounds, it was not looking good, his whole body was bust up. Interesting to see if Gaethje can use his wrestling to keep Khabib off him.

Ngannou has beat his last 4 opponents in a combined time of under 3 minutes and it was not against just anyone. He beat Blaydes (who has only ever lost to Ngannou), 2 former champs and a guy that was 10-0.

https://www.uol.com.br/esporte/ultimas-noticias/ag-fight/2020/05/11/werdum-revela-lesao-e-lamenta-falta-de-forca-em-luta-nao-estava-completo.htm

Werdum dislocated his finger right at the beginning of round 1. Appears like his pinkie went 90° and he "tried to fix himself cause if the judge saw that, he could stop it" and thats one of the reasons why he lost some of his submissions (like that kimura, his favorite submission btw. didnt know that)

so overall result : Mcgregor getting to pick his fights and do whatever he wants ... and Uncle Dana gladly agreeing.
It isn't going to be Khabib vs Gaethje for the title next. We all know that. They might announce it at first. But at the end it will be a title shot for Mcgregor first :D

I think Khabib vs Justin will be next, I think even Dana can admit to himself that Conor can't jump the line this time. Conor may fight Dustin or Jorge. If he wins (even if its at 170lbs), he will get a title shot. If he loses his next fight, I doubt him and Khabib will ever fight again. UNLESS Justin ko's Khabib. But even then I could see Khabib retiring anyway if he loses to Justin. Lots of possibilities.

I think Conor would KO Dustin again in a rematch.

I think Jorge would weather the Conor storm, and Jorge would turn it on in the later rounds for a late TKO.

If Conor vs Justin happens before Khabib returns, I think Conor gets to Justin early and gets the KO.

If somehow the Khabib vs Conor rematch happens before Khabib vs Justin, then Khabib rag dolls Conor again. Submission or even late TKO form ground and pound.

Khabib vs Justin... damn idk, such an interesting match up.

Yeah it was a quote from my own prediction from other thread here

Im kinda lazy

fixed now