Ashbourne Events (360k+)

Ashbourne

Mr. Nathan [Advocate of Ivan "Ødelæggelsens Gud" Wong (363490)]

*Tweets*

In case you miss it.

An intense looking Ivan Wong took to the microphone post fight and gave a little speech: "Oh my children, I heard that there is this creepy uncle with dementia looming around our organization. Fear not my children. I shall cleanse him. Joe Biden, you are next!"

Will Ivan get his shot?

#Trifecta.

• Upvote 1

Wrapping Up with the Boss
Helsinki
Things are heating up here at A&E. We all had to wait for what seemed like an eternity for those first few events. Now we get to enjoy Ashbourne Events on the regular. Some of the best fights 360k+ has to offer, coming to you every few days. Once again, we caught up with the boss to get his immediate reaction to tonight's card.
"Mr. Ashbourne, here we are again. Another successful night for A&E?"
"Another successful night for A&E fighters, their managers, their managers' other fighters. Everyone gets to eat because of the show these guys put on tonight."
"And who gets the biggest meal? Who was the star of the show?"
"I mean, take your pick. Terrance Flint does the unthinkable and submits the 4-0-0 Roberto Vieira. Ivan Wong gets an impressive first round finish, pushing himself into pole position to face Joe Biden for the 145lb belt. I think Brilliam Yago has just bagged himself a title shot at 205lbs too. There were some unbelievable performances and then some not so good fights tonight."
"You seem a little disappointed?"

"No no, not at all. Well......maybe a little. But not because of this event. Our ratings have been down this week and that's always a little disheartening. But we lift ourselves up and we push ahead! As for tonight, it started off in stark contrast to the last event and those ten first round finishes. Our first fight was a barn burner, going the distance and I had Junichi Sasai winning it clearly but one judge had it for Donny Jay. It was a good close and tough fight that whet the crowd's appetite for the rest of the card. I think there was a little lull towards the middle of the card but things picked up again at the tail end.
"Kazuo Sakuraba got the win tonight. Of course he was knocked out of QFC Tournament 983 by Roberto Vieira who we also saw tonight, albeit he ended up on the wrong side of the win-loss column. Are you interested in a rematch between these two?

"I'm interested in whatever Sakuraba and Vieira are interested in. I did think about it on the way over here but I'm not so sure now is the right time. There are other options. We have thirty-six fighters in Heavyweight. These guys can call out who their heart desires."

"How about young Joshua Cooper getting the 32-second submission win? That wasn't enough for Sub of the night for you?"

"Five subs tonight. FIVE! And weren't we just talking about how many submissions there were in the last event?! Another new record tonight. No listen, Joshua exhibited some slick BJJ but he was a victim of being further down the card tonight. Somebody had to miss out. I just think what Terrance Flint did in the main event was phenomenal. Joshua Cooper can work his way up though. He's got the skill-set and the kid wants to fight."

"And about that main event, there were a lot of scenarios being played out among A&E fans before the fight, Terrance Flint getting the submission win wasn't a popular prediction."

"No it wasn't. And I don't think people realise what we just witnessed. It still hasn't sunk in. That's a blue belt making a purple belt tap out. And not just any purple belt. Roberto fucking Vieira. Excuse my french. Flint was patient. Calculative. He threw punches. Elbows. Knees. Head kicks. And they all connected. It was a masterclass and hopefully now, we get to see him fight Tyrone Tyson for the heavyweight championship. That's the fight to make. That fight can sell out an arena by itself."
"Keep me a ticket please."
"You'll have to pay a premium. No freebies for that one. I could go on and on but I got more work to do, more fight offers to send out. See you again in a few days, when we get to do it all again!"
Event Rating: 53.90
Attendance: 1,401
KO of the Night: Kazuo Sakuraba
Sub of the Night: Terrance Flint
Fight of the Night: Junichi Sasai versus Donny Jay

• Upvote 5

A&E Spotlight (18/6/20)

15911951802608.png
Peter Woodcock (336868)

"Aaaand we're back! Welcome back ladies and gentlemen. Have you missed me? What's been happening? What's new? Yes yes my podcast with Matt Curtis got cancelled but who cares really. As long as we all publicly admit that it was his fault. I thought we were sitting down for a friendly chit chat and he starts ranting, calling out everything under the sun. He's a large angry specimen of a man. But enough about him, today the spotlight is back where it belongs. Where it should always be. On the fighters of A&E. For first time viewers, this is A&E Spotlight, hosted by yours truly, where we talk to some of the hottest fighters in all of MMA. And some ugly ones too. Every one of today's guests has done something special in their careers. Some of them just last night at Ashbourne Presents: Trifecta. We're very honoured to have them here with us today so without further ado, let's begin episode two!
Peter: "We are fresh off the back of another A&E event with so many talking points but there's one man in particular, who is soaking up the limelight and taking all the plaudits. His path of destruction through the 145lb division has just begun with a two minute demolition of the always game Slim Jimmy. His victory was emphatic. His personality is enigmatic. He's the one......the only......Mr. Ivan Wong. HOWEVER. It's well known that Ivan isn't a big fan of external interviews! He's working on his own fantastic show so he has sent his advocate Mr. Nathan in his place. I was going to attempt to say Ivan's nickname but I didn't want to make a fool out of myself on my own show. Ødelæggelsens Gud? Do you mind sharing with us the meaning behind this, Mr. Nathan?"
Mr. Nathan: "Ødelæggelsens Gud means God of Destruction in Danish. As you mentioned earlier, Ivan believes that he is on a divine path to destroy everyone they put in front of him."
Peter: "I just got chills down my spine, I'm not even joking. God of Destruction. I like it. There was so much anticipation for Ivan's debut fight. In fact, I had many people asking me about it leading up to fight night. Asking me who I thought was going to win and I'll be honest, I wasn't sure. Were you surprised by how well, how quickly he defeated Slim Jimmy?"
Mr. Nathan: "This is exactly what we have anticipate. Slim is a good striker with poor ground game. Once Ivan took him to the ground, I know its over. Do you want to know what Ivan told Slim in the half guard? He said “Bet you were expecting a clinch.” All Ivan’s teammates like to take their opponent down by clinching and pull guard. I believe Ivan surprises Slim when he straight away shoot for a takedown."
Peter: "The gameplan worked perfectly. Now if the rumours are true, it's a huge step up for Ivan next. Joe Biden is the name I keep hearing. Do you have any words for Joe?"
Mr. Nathan: "Ivan will talk about Joe in his upcoming show."
Peter: "You heard it here first people! I mean...you heard it here that you won't hear it here first people! I mean...let's move on. There are some people suggesting that it should be Magomed Magomedov fighting Joe Biden for the 145lb belt and not Ivan. As Dave Ashbourne's good friend, I happen to know a little more about that situation than others do. Without getting anyone in trouble, I believe now is the right time to pit Ivan against Biden for the title. Magomedov has his own issues to deal with first and we wish him all the best with that. If the Biden fight does get made, do you think Ivan enters the fight as an underdog? How does that make you feel?"
Mr. Nathan: "Joe Biden is simply overrated. He knocked out two bums before murdering one Gloucester fighter, and all of a sudden he is the next big thing? He never face someone like Ivan before and he is going to suffer a lot when my client put him down. Luckily, his dementia will help him forget the massacre, so I am not too sympathize with him."
Peter: "I was speaking with a member of your team the other day and he told me that Ivan possesses some serious KO power. It's no secret that he's an incredible grappler, but might we be seeing those hands fly more in the future?"
Mr. Nathan: "You know what they say. A grappler’s best secret weapon is an overhand right. Ivan didn’t really told me whether he wants to use it, but I believe he still enjoy tapping people left and right."

Peter: "And we still enjoy watching it. Mr. Nathan, I've got to ask you as it's my job as a MMA reporter. I guess I can be called such. Ivan and you. Are you in a cult?"
Mr. Nathan: "This is not a cult, This is simply the “right path” and Ivan is our messiah. This is the path that many fighters will soon be following in order to gain the ultimate enlightenment."

Peter: "It's happening again. Chills. That's powerful stuff. I want to thank you for taking the time to be here today Mr. Nathan. Thanks for being present and for answering these questions. Please congratulate Ivan for us on the debut victory and the imminent title shot. I'm already looking forward to it."
Mr. Nathan: "Thank you, Pete. We wish to invite you onto our upcoming show to witness the greatness of the Ødelæggelsens Gud."

Peter: "I'd love to be there. Let me know the details and I'll see you soon!"

"Well. What a start to the show. I dare anyone who says that the 145lb division is weak, to say it to Ivan Wong and his advocate, Mr. Nathan. There's no messing about from those two. It's strictly business and the pleasure comes from the path of destruction they leave in their wake. It feels like something from out of WWE only the pain they inflict is very very real *shudders* I'm all spooked out for some reason. I'm glad I don't have to fight Ivan Wong."
Peter: "Here at A&E Spotlight, we don't only interview fighters that have just fought. Or their advocates. We like to look ahead to the future too. And on Saturday 20th June, we get to see Monty Pyke's much anticipated A&E debut. The Jamaican born American has one of the best, if not the best records in the organisation. Four fights. Four wins. And a QFC tournament trophy to top it all off. Monty, I know you're very busy preparing for this fight, so thank you for taking the time to come and talk to us today. "
25b12.jpg
Monty Pyke: "Yeah absolutely, no problem brother."
Peter: "Let's get right to it. Do you beat Bison Jury at Ashbourne Presents: Plethora on Saturday? Who's getting their hand raised?"
Monty Pyke: "All respect to the man but I not only predict a win, not only a dominant win but a finish, whether on the feet or on the ground, I don't see him winning."
Peter: "Strong words from a strong fighter. You are so close to that Light-heavyweight title shot. Knowing that, does it add more pressure going into this next fight? Or does it serve as motivation, knowing that a win on Saturday could be enough?"
Monty Pyke: "I mean, I am definitely under pressure, my team expects me to win my manager expects me to win, if you're sensible I'm the favorite but motivation is more apt for me I'd say."
Peter: "I want to talk a little about your past if I may. You grew up wrestling but you only started training MMA a year ago at the relatively late age of 24. How has the transition been for you? Do you feel yourself improving in areas outside of wrestling?"
Monty Pyke: "Definitely, I have had such massive improvements so quickly, in both striking and my jiu jitsu and even my wrestling. The transition has been really easy for me honestly, everything just feels right."
Peter: "One thing we keep hearing out of your camp is that you're getting better each and every day and you know what, for once I believe it. We hear a lot of BS in this sport but I believe you are getting an education down there at the Canucks Combat Club in Montreal. We only need to look at the QFC tournament you won. The competition is supposed to get more difficult as the tournament goes on but your performances got more impressive! Started off with a three round unanimous decision win, Then you submit the next opponent in the second round. Then you finish the next opponent in the first round. Then it only takes you 81 seconds for a TKO win in the final. I mean that's...that's an amazing journey in such a short time. And so without giving too much away.....what's the Monty Pyke secret to success?"
Monty Pyke: "I don't know man, us Jamaicans are just built different, y'know it's like my nickname Guzumba, voodoo basically. Jamaican Magic is my explanation."
Peter: "Let's talk after the show about where I can find me some guzumba. It hasn't all been smooth sailing. You've shown that you can come back from adversity too. You lost the first round to Nikica Polen in just your second fight. But you didn't panic. You dug deep and got the submission win. Where does that strength come from? Jamaica? America? Springfield? Montreal? High School? What were you like in high school?"
Monty Pyke: "I mean it's all just me trusting the process, I knew I was better than him, I knew I had the skills to win. And it comes from my upbringing really, immigrating at an early age I must of only been 5 or 6, then being poor for a long time. We didn't really have money until I was getting out of highschool, plus wrestlers are just made to be tough so through that combination of things I was molded to be like this. And to answer that last bit I was always quiet in highschool and honestly, I was B-, C+ student that's why I never went to college."

Peter: "And look where you are now! One more question if you don't mind. It's another prediction. Where is Monty Pyke one year from now?"
Monty Pyke: "Mark my words, one Montgomery Pyke will be the champ at 205 with no end to that reign in sight. How's that for a prediction."

Peter: "Brilliant. Monty, I can't thank you enough for putting your fight preparations on hold to take part in today's show. Thank you for taking the time the talk to us and good luck for Saturday! We're all looking forward to it."
Monty Pyke: "Yeah no problem brother, keep it cool."
"Now for a quick word from our sponsors. This show is brought to you by Convicted Trap House. Convicted Trap House, supplements that will have your fighter's rocked. Convicted Trap House. Have you ever seen the insides of a Turkish prison? Do you want to? Convicted Trap House."
Peter: "I want everyone watching or listening to do something for me right now. If you can hear my voice, do me a favour please. Count to ten. I'm going to do it with you. Count to ten, starting from...now. One......two......three......four......five......six......seven......eight......nine......ten. POW! John PG just knocked out Regulus Westmore. That's it. That's all it took. Ten seconds. A head shot. An uppercut. And a left hook. And now we get to hear from the man himself about how it all went down, from his point of view. John, thank you for coming on the show. How are you feeling right now?"
John PG: "I am feeling great right now. I was able to get the win and now I move to the next one"
Peter: "I've got to ask right off the bat. When you get a win like this, such a quick and devastating win, are you happy that the job is done or does a little part of you hate the fact you trained SO LONG for just ten seconds?"
John PG: "Every fighter in here is here to win. I got the win, I got the winning bonus check, and I got to fly home and get back in the gym right away. I didn't have to worry about being injured or fatigued
Peter: "Sounds like a perfect day! Well I don't think we'll be seeing Westmore again so soon. Us fans love to see such violent knockouts but at the same time I hope all is well with him. I know he and his manager have parted ways. But you know who we WILL be seeing again very soon. John PG! You're on the MARQUEE 2 card! It's unbelievable. It's a heck of a quick turnaround, my research department is telling me only 13 days in between fights, and you're okay with that?! No vacation for the PG family?"
John PG: "It is kind of a quick turn around, but luckily, like I said before, I was able to win so quickly, that I got right back in the gym and started hitting it as soon as my flight landed. So, no. No vacation for the PG family."
Peter: "Can I be real with you for a second. Or ten seconds. Just how powerful are those hands of yours?"
John PG: "Strong! And they are getting stronger by the day. My strength has popped twice since just this last fight. I only have one win, so far. After June 27th, Santiago Ravago will be able to tell you just how powerful they really are."
Peter: "Santiago, if you're listening. Good luck my friend! John you're both a part of a stacked Welterweight division. Rumour has it that it will be the last title to be put on the line. There are talks of a 16-man tournament with seeding, group stages and a knockout phase to crown the first ever welterweight champion. If such a tournament takes place, would you take part in it? Do we get to see your big right hand in such a tournament?"
John PG: "Absolutely. I grew up watching Pride fighting. I loved watching the tournaments they held. It would be an honor fighting in one. Hopefully, at the end of the tourney, my big right hand well be the last one raised".
Peter: "They might need two referees to raise it. John, I want to thank you for coming on the show. As soon as I saw your debut I told myself, I have got to get him on here. Good luck for MARQUEE 2! I can't wait to see you fighting once more. Maybe a little longer this time?"
John PG: "You bet! Good talking to you, and I can't promise anything at this point *chuckles*. Cheers!"
"John PG has really exploded onto the A&E scene. Can I just say how great it is, to see such a talent not lose themselves to their ego after such a meteoric rise. We've seen it time and time again. A fighter has a big win. They become more famous. People stop them the streets. Can we have a selfie? But John PG isn't getting carried away. He knocked a man out cold in ten seconds and he's ready to do it all over again."
Peter: "And finally, we welcome our last guest for today. Here's a guy that is very active on Buzz talking all kinds of smack to all kinds of fighters from all kinds of organisations. He's even called out the A&E Heavyweight Champion Tyrone Tyson and with good reason. He takes absolutely no prisoners. Just ask Jeff Olive who was 1-0-0 before getting knocked out cold by this next guest's left hook. He's big. He's mean. Some say he can't be stopped. Or taken down. It's Las Vegas' own The Requis. How's it going man? Thanks for being here."
The Requis: "No problem, thank you for having me, I’m a big fan of your show, and thank you for such a glowing introduction."
Peter: "Anytime mate, it's my pleasure. Now you go HARD on Buzz. There are so many great moments to choose from. Do you feel like your win over Jeff Olive has proven that you have the goods to back up all the talk?"
The Requis: "Yeah 100%, it’s proven that I’m not just talking to build up my hype, I genuinely believe in everything I say to everybody, and that win showed that I do have the ability I claim to have, and can back up what I say. It was nice to shut some doubters up as well."
Peter: "Any doubts I may have had were quickly squashed. I am all in on The "Big" Requis. But we have to get into this. Your debut was a loss in a QFC tournament to one Jack Shellenberger. Shellenberger was on the same Ashbourne Presents: Aftermath card as you and came out of it on the losing side. Now there has been A LOT of back and forth between the two of you since you fought. Does his loss please you? Do you actually hate the man?"
The Requis: "Look, firstly, I will make no excuses about my loss. I was over aggressive, tired myself out, and lost fair and square. I did, and still do have a lot to learn about the sport. However, I’m not going to sit here and lie to you, I do not like Jack. I feel he has conducted himself very unprofessionally, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t smile a little when I had seen he had lost, just as I said he would."
Peter: "Are you able to share any details on your next fight? Has anything been confirmed? When do we get to see The Requis in action again?"
The Requis: "I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to share on the matter, and nothing has been confirmed yet, but there is a very exciting fight being made for me in, hopefully, the near future. Everything’s good to go on my end, I’ve signed the contract and I’m ready. We’re just waiting on my opponent to sign as well and then you’ll know all the details, and hopefully be just as excited as I am. If it happens, it will be a hell of a scrap."
Peter: "Sign the contract other guy! Get in there. Back to us, let's be dead serious for a minute. Can you beat Tyrone Tyson for the Heavyweight championship right now? Are you there yet?"
The Requis: "Don’t get me wrong, I respect Tyrone as a fighter, he is clearly very skilled, but if you’re asking if I’m ready, the answer is very simple. I am 100% ready to fight for the title whenever Dave wants to make that fight. I’m the best fighter in this division bar none. Dave could call me and say “Requis, we need you to fight Tyrone tomorrow,” and I’d knock his head clean off his shoulders in the first round. So yes, I could beat Tyrone anytime I want, but I’m aware I need to beat some others first to prove myself. Whenever Dave wants to make that fight, even on a day's notice, I’ll be ready."
Peter: "You sound like Dave's favourite kind of fighter. He loves that shit. When you look around this stacked Heavyweight division, are there any other fights that interest you? Who do you want to be locked in a cage with? Get it off your chest. Use our platform to call someone out. Who does The "Big" Requis want?"
The Requis: "Honestly, after I win my next fight, I think I’ll be ready for a top 5 opponent for sure. Aside from the champ, I think Banko would be a great standup fight for the fans, or Beast Beast would also be a fight I would like. The division’s full of great fighters, but I’m looking forward to facing the best of the bunch. I’ll fight whoever Dave puts in front of me, but those two, or Tyrone of course, would be my choice."
Peter: "I would tune into that for sure. I'd set an alarm if I have to. You are always great to have around my friend. Thank you much for taking the time to appear on this week's episode. I know I speak for the entire A&E community when I say we can't wait to see what the future has in store for you and what you have in store for us. Thank you!"
The Requis: "Thank you for having me on Peter, and I’ll keep delivering exciting fights, mark my words."
"And with that, episode two of A&E Spotlight is in the books! I want to take the time to thank all of our guests again. Thank you for watching. I hope you learnt something about what makes A&E and its fighters so special. If you did enjoy this, please do give us a thumbs up so the boss doesn't pull the plug and cancel us *cough* *cough*. I still need my salary for that Conviction Trap House Blueberry Kush. In stores now!
See you again fight fans!"
The above interview answers have come from the fighters/managers directly. None of the content has been edited except for one or two typos.
  • Upvote 5

36w31.jpg

Tourn "#1" King

I went partying with lots of girls. Derrick Jewish? Nah, I can handle the guy even if I don't train for the fight. The guy is a bum.

ezgif-3-c0c6e0825849.png

Derrick Jewish~ "Cant wait mate"

• Upvote 2

18w17.jpg

Beast "Beast" Beast

Derrick Jewish won the fight? What a lucky guy. He was fortunate his opponent has no ground skills. Derrick is trash, I knocked the guy out in under a minute. Knock him down 2 times and in the 3rd time he was unconscious. So, Mr. Dave, what now? You gonna give me that title fight? or you gonna give me a rematch against this bum Jewish?

• Upvote 1

Helsinki
Tonight was the first of our weekend doubleheader. It had a little bit of everything. From dominant performances to shocking knockouts. Here's the boss once more, to break it all down for us."
"Mr. Ashbourne, thank you for stopping by."
"No worries but it's going to have to be a quick one tonight. I was only planning on doing this after tomorrow's event but I've got a couple of things to get off my chest."

"The floor is yours boss."

"First of all, Baba Mahe should feel ashamed. I don't like to call out any fighters but if you come into your A&E debut more than 3lbs overweight then you can't call yourself a professional fighter."

"Yes unfortunately there were only nine fights this evening. That fight between Baba Mahe and Tournament Lord being declared a no contest."

"I just feel bad for Tournament Lord. He does everything right and gets no reward for it. We'll sit down with him and his team and try to make this right."
"There were positives though. Greg Fitzgerald put in one hell of a performance, knocking out Alexander Volkanobski in just over two minutes. During his post-fight interview, Fitzgerald asked for a title shot. What are your thoughts on that?"
"Hey I love the ambition and the drive. But we already have our two 145lbers going for the belt at MARQUEE 3 and that's Joe Biden vs. Ivan Wong. If Fitzgerald keeps busy and impresses then he'll be knocking on the door too. Let me take this opportunity to clear some things up in regards to the title picture. We have our 265lb champ, the formidable Tyrone Tyson. His first title defence will be against Terrance Flint. That's booked. Next week is MARQUEE 2 where we will find out who is our Super-heavyweight (265+) and Bantamweight (135) champions. At MARQUEE 3 we will have title fights at Light-heavyweight (205) and Featherweight (145). MARQUEE 4 will be Middleweight (185) and Lightweight (155). And that leaves only Welterweight (170) which will have a tournament. More details on that at a later time."

"Nice and clear except who will be fighting for that Light-heavyweight title now that the 4-0-0 Monty Pyke lost tonight."
"We have some ideas but there's another very important fight at 205lbs tomorrow between Dolph Lindgren and Davit Jaqeli so let's see what happens there first."

"KO of the Night winner Beast Beast has been active following tonight's event, he's been calling out for a title shot or failing that, a rematch with Derrick Jewish who also won tonight. Do you like that rematch?"
"If they both want it they can have it. I absolutely love it when a fighter calls someone out. Or if Derrick wants to have more time to train, that's also okay. I may have a short notice fight for Beast Beast if he's interested. Let's see!"

"What did you think of - "

"I'm sorry Bridgette."

"It's Jeanette."
"I'm sorry Baguette, the weed's kicking in and I've got to go. I'll catch you tomorrow. Ashbourne Presents: Bloodlust. We'll talk more then!"
Event Rating: 55.60
Attendance: 1,362
KO of the Night: Beast Beast
Sub of the Night: -
Fight of the Night: Bison Jury versus Monty Pyke

Ashbourne: Court of Messiah (21/6/2020)

15w13.jpg

Ivan "Ødelæggelsens Gud" Wong (363490)

Mr Nathan: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages........... I present to you, the Destructor of ignorance, the Enlightener of the misguided, the Messiah of the 145 lbs division..........Ivan "Ødelæggelsens Gud" Wong.

Ivan: *Comes out with a black suit and a title belt* champs%20belt.jpg

Peter: Where ..........how.........did you get that belt?

Ivan: What the hell are you talking about? I am the undisputed 145 lbs champion and I earn the right to carry this belt.

Peter: Shouldn't you be fighting Joe Biden first for the inaugural belt?

Ivan: Let me correct you. I am the reigning champion and I am generous enough to grant Joe Biden a shot at my title.

Peter: That's not how this works. Have you...... stolen Tyrone Tyson's belt?

Ivan: I have no idea what are you talking about. Seems like we have a troublemaker here, Nathan. Chase him out! I never want to see that fool again. From now on, Nathan shall be the only one asking me question.

Mr. Nathan: As you wish, my lord.

Ivan: First and foremost, I wish to address the corrupt nature of the MMA community. Can you believe that Axl Rayne has a higher ranking than me? The person is 1-3, and the only reason he won his last match is because his Gloucester-originated opponent is retarded enough to take him down.

Mr. Nathan: Absolutely disgusting, my lord. But let's not get distracted from the biggest evil in this company, Joe Biden.

Ivan: Speaking of Joe Biden, his last opponent was a bloody moron. I mean.... Freddie Scott was feuding with one of the most defective politician in the world, yet he struggled to give solid trashtalking that would help selling the fight.

Mr Nathan: Excellent point, my lord. It's embarrassing to see that Joe Biden is harassing people left and right, on-stage and probably off-stage, but no A & E fighters dare to do anything about it. Luckily, we have a Ødelæggelsens Gud that can conquer the evilness of Joe Biden.

Ivan: I will dislocate your arms, Joe. I will make sure that you shall not inappropriately touch anyone again with your sinful hands. Dear all of my children, I shall conquer the evil and freed all of you from terror and dread.

Mr Nathan: Please purchase the tickets for Marquee 3 to witness our Messiah combating the atrocious creature known as Joe Biden.

• Upvote 1

Helsinki
We round off the weekend with the last event before next weekend's all-important MARQUEE 2. Let's see if the boss is a little more accommodating and sober than he was last night.
"Mr. Ashbourne, how are you feeling? Did you enjoy tonight's show?"
"Yes and sorry about last night. I don't want anyone to think I don't take this job seriously. I just got a little carried away. It's that Blueberry Kush. It's potent. As for tonight, it was a resounding success for us here at A&E. It was our highest rated show with our highest attendance yet so a big thank you to all the fighters that made it so!"

"That's fantastic! Which performances did you rate highly this evening?"

"It was really difficult picking a Sub of the night winner. We were close to awarding it to Gagong UnEqual because it only took him 41 seconds to choke out Max Finnegan but in the end we went with Roman Ship. There's just something about seeing a 283lb man perform a triangle choke that excites me. Is that...is that weird?"

"Not at all. Maybe. Yes. The other performance of the night went to New Kid who KO'd Stinky Armpits in just over a minute. Did that get your attention? You said just last night you were looking for someone to step up at 205lbs and to separate themselves from the crowd."
"I did, I did. And he did. Just a phenomenal performance by New Kid. We are looking at him versus Dolph Lindgren for that title at MARQUEE 3. That would be a fantastic fight. What do you think? I want to get Ethan Hawk on that card too after his sensational performance this evening, taking down the 4-0-0 Best Best. We just sent out a whole bunch of fight offers. We may have rushed it a little because it's getting late here. We're always willing to listen to the fighters and their needs. We're still a new organisation. Still making mistakes and expect to be called out on it. We want to be the best we can be. Rest assured, we are learning and we are in this for the long haul. We sent these fight offers before we sleep and we'll wake up and send some more."

"That's great to hear. Back to the fights however, what did you like in particular about that Ethan Hawk vs. Best Best fight?"

"They both came to fight. More than sixty head punches thrown, not including the many thrown whilst they were in the clinch. I mean that's more than double of any other fight tonight. Ethan Hawk gets cut in the first round and then goes on to fight like that? Just a great fight between two fighters at the top of their division."
"Moving onto the main event tonight, one of the fighters that you manage was headlining..."

"...yes I want to talk about that. So yesterday was the first event where we used a different formula and strategy to determine the order of the fight card. We employed an external company by the name of Tycoon Tools to help us so that's what that is. Please don't think I'm playing favourites here. I don't even like half of the fighters I manage and they know it. I will happily cut all of them tomorrow if that's what people want. But Richard Betts came into A&E an already popular fighter. I have no idea why. He was getting his ass kicked all around the cage tonight and Nathan Dicass was very unlucky not to come away with the win. Betts should be thanking his lucky stars!"

"He left it very late before getting that submission win. Well boss, I know you've got things to do. It's another big week ahead with MARQUEE 2. Good luck and enjoy the night!"

"Thanks Jeanette, you too. Terry Badmean's event preview will be coming up over the next few days so look out for that. Goodnight everybody!"
Event Rating: 66.85
Attendance: 1,914
KO of the Night: New Kid
Sub of the Night: Roman Ship
Fight of the Night: Ethan Hawk vs. Best Best
  • Upvote 3

Event Preview
A&E's MARQUEE 2
2020-06-27
Helsinki
Terry Badmean here and it's that time again. The greatest event with the greatest fighters. The crème de la crème. It's what the French call their raison d'être. It's A&E's MARQUEE 2. And this time, it's even bigger. Not one but TWO titles are on the line during this prestigious evening. Every single fight on this card has the potential to steal the show. Don't believe me? You will. Let's take a look:
Nikica Polen (1-1-0) vs. YaDarius Queel (2-1-0)
Lightweight - 155lbs
Both 24 years old. Both started their MMA careers taking part in a QFC tournament. Both have a chance to wipe away the stain of their single loss with a big win here. Nikica Polen will have to be careful though. In his loss to fellow A&E fighter Monty Pyke, he was up on the scorecards before losing via submission. Pyke was only a blue belt. Now Polen has to face YaDarius Queel - a purple belt. It's a big ask for the Croatian. A task made even more difficult by the well known fact that Queel, has one of the best chins at 155lbs. Yes Polen is a well rounded fighter but is he intelligent enough to find the pathway to victory. His gameplan will be intriguing. Where does he decide to take the fight? Can he get it there? And can he keep it there?
YaDarius Queel burst onto the MMA scene with a 98 second submission win by way of an Americana. He made it look easy but perhaps more impressively in his second fight, he showed that he can go the distance, defeating Brooke Johnson by unanimous decision. Over 90% of that fight was spent on the ground and Queel - the purple belt - walked away with the victory over Johnson - the brown belt. Johnson may have had the superior jiu-jitsu but Queel has a weapon of his own. Devastating ground and pound. Some fighters have one way of finishing the fight on the ground. Queel has multiple ways. Pick your poison because the man from Sacramento has the substance to win any fight.

Kyler Samuels (debut) vs. John Leo (1-0-0)
Light-heavyweight - 205lbs
John Leo has only had one fight but it was more memorable than most. You've probably seen the knockout GIF circulating on social media with the caption "the uppercut from hell". Never has a punch been so beautiful and sickening at the same time. Artistry meets violence. And now Kyler Samuels has to make his MMA debut against that. John Leo will be the taller fighter again and it will be a tall order for Samuels. He doesn't have the experience. The reach. But he does have superior wrestling skills and that could make all the difference. Sure Leo's last opponent had mediocre wrestling but Samuels' is more respectable than that. John Leo should be concerned. We know that he's taking this fight seriously down at whitey's gym. But will it be enough to get a second win in his second fight? Or will Kyler Samuels have a debut for the ages?

Niko Vaktoria (1-0-0) vs. Fried Slobberknacker (1-0-0)
Welterweight - 170lbs
This is what A&E's MARQUEE is all about. Winners. Two of the best facing off each other and only one of them gets to remain the best. And in this fight, we have two relatively new but still undefeated fighters going toe to toe. Vaktoria and Slobberknacker had two very different MMA debuts. Vaktoria needed only 18 seconds to win via TKO. Slobbernacker went the full three rounds defeating Gary Mongol 29-28 on all scorecards. Both wins were impressive in their own way. It's a story as old as time when the knockout artist has to fight for longer than normal and struggles. No such struggles for Fried Slobberknacker. Will he be able to drag Niko Vaktoria into those deep waters?
Slobberknacker has a good chin and good, he's going to need it. Because Niko Vaktoria has serious KO power. We're talking "is his opponent ok" KO power. That "holy shit what just happened" KO power. The type to silence a crowd. That opponent who got knocked out in 18 seconds? Had an amazing chin. Analysts compared it to granite. But it didn't matter. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Niko Vaktoria gets his hand raised. Fried Slobberknacker will be trying to defy the laws of physics in this one.

Wilhelm Bar (1-0-0) vs. Elder Yanbaev (2-0-0)
Middleweight - 185lbs
Wilhelm Bar the Sub of the night winner. Eldar Yanbaev the first to fight in two consecutive MARQUEE events. It's a fight between two recognizable names. A&E fans will know all about these two after their impressive debuts with the organisation. It's no secret that Wilhelm Bar is a submission specialist. The brown belt only needed four attempts to get his last opponent to tap out. But now he faces Yanbaev who was able to fight off six submission attempts most recently and has a submission victory himself. A full network of mixed martial arts skills will be on display here. It's a true MMA fan's dream. For one of these fighters, the result could be a nightmare.

John PG (1-0-0) vs. Santiago Ravago (1-1-0)
Welterweight - 170lbs
My friend Peter Woodcock described it best in his recent interview with John PG. Ten seconds is all John PG needs to win a fight. The highlight maker holds the record for the fastest KO in A&E. Immediately after that quick win less than two weeks ago, Dave Ashbourne got on his phone and begged PG to be a part of the company's next big event. And here we are. Now John PG is a MARQUEE fighter and he'll be looking to prove that he can do it on the biggest stage of them all and that he's not just a one hit wonder. Santiago Ravago will be hoping he doesn't wake up on the cage floor, wondering about that one hit that sent him there.
The Philippines is a country with a great fighting heritage, spearheaded by the nation's hero - Manny Pacquiao. American journalist Ted Learner, who has lived in the Philippines for nineteen years said the following about it:
"...it has a long and proud history in the Philippines, and the sport is deeply ingrained in Filipino culture...the fighters intrinsically know it, which gives the sport a deep meaning and significance. This is why the Philippines was, is and always will be a serious boxing country that produces, world-class fighters."
Santiago Ravago is the latest in a long line of great fighters from the Philippines. He lost in his MMA debut in a very close fight to the excellent Evgeny Kolesov. He got better throughout that fight, dominating the last round. He connected on 20 out of 23 head punches and 17 out of 19 leg kicks in a highly accurate display. In his follow up fight, he did even better, successfully connecting on every. single. strike. thrown. Not one miss. And that time, he got the W. Can he improve yet again? He will need to, in the biggest fight of his life against John PG at MARQUEE 2.

Principo Adam (1-0-0) vs. John Carter (2-1-0)
Middleweight - 185lbs
John Carter was penciled in to fight for the Middleweight championship belt. You can still see the faint markings of his name in Dave Ashbourne's notebook, the championship fight erased away after his devastating first round loss to Nario Gwan. Many fighters would have given up right there and then. But John Carter isn't most fighters. He's getting right back into the cage against a formidable opponent in Principo Adam. No cherry-picking here. Somebody is going to make a name for themselves. Adam is young and he's going up against someone six years his senior. But Principo Adam has experience in that department. He submitted the 25 year old Carl Ballin, handing him his first, and to this day his only, loss. In that fight, Adam failed to take down Ballin six times, before finally entering the clinch and getting him down from there. The problem for Adam is, John Carter is a better wrestler than Ballin and we know all about his elbows in the clinch. It's all set up to be a great dynamic fight. And with none of their combined four fights making it past the first round, it's going to be explosive. Be ready for this one. Be there for the introductions because it could all be over very soon and in an emphatic fashion.

Denis White (1-0-0) vs. Murad Abdullaev (1-0-0)
Heavyweight - 265lbs
Denis White knows all about A&E's MARQUEE events. It was the first MARQUEE event where White made his debut and what a debut it was! It pushed him up the heavyweight division as he comfortably defeated the 1-0-0 Axl Lors. He'll be hoping that history repeats itself here as he goes up against the 1-0-0 Murad Abdullaev in Saturday's MARQUEE event. Denis' tight relationship with his father is well documented. He mentioned it in the first episode of A&E spotlight. What a moment it would be if he can win again here, on the back of Father's Day.
Murad Abdullaev doesn't care about your feelings. And he will happily ruin your Father's Day celebrations. He seems to have ruined Jason Durant's career. Durant was 1-0-0 going into his fight with Abdullaev. That ended in less than two minutes after the Russian dominated with some vicious ground and pound. Durant hasn't been the same since, he's on a three fight losing skid. Abdullaev doesn't just beat you up, he changes the course of your career. This is a very dangerous fight between two of the best Heavyweights in A&E. Everyone is looking to get their hands on the champ Tyrone Tyson. It's by winning fights like this that get you that little bit closer to the gold.

Ricky Conway (2-0-0) vs. Spencer Wright (1-1-0)
Middleweight - 185lbs
"...Wright counters with a perfectly timed head kick, knocking OcasioCortez out cold! Wow..." that was the call on 5th June when Spencer Wright made his A&E debut. Seconds later he was walking around the cage nonchalantly, as officials saw to his opponent to make sure he was okay. It was an incredible and unexpected sight. It was the night a star was born. The star of Spencer Wright shone bright and it will shine even brighter if he manages to get the win against Ricky Conway.
Ricky Conway is the oldest fighter in A&E. Not over-the-hill. Not ageing poorly. Not declining. He's an experienced stalwart and his best days are still ahead of him. Sponsors love him. Fans love him. And after this fight, we have a feeling even more people will. This fight has Fight of the night written all over it. Two absolute beasts who want to be the best and have every chance of being such. Another fight fan's dream. Do not miss it.

Little Bastard (3-0-0) vs. Ed Sheeran (1-1-0)
A&E Bantamweight Championship - 135lbs
We've had a lot of talk about Tyrone Tyson throughout A&E. In case you've been living under a rock, he's our first and our only champion. He's been on A&E Spotlight. He's been on the mind of nearly every other Heavyweight fighter. They all want to get their hands on him. It feels good to be the champ. And now, after weeks of dominating the headlines, we get our second champion. They too will feel what it's like to have everyone in the division gunning for you. The smart money is on Little Bastard getting the gold. He looks leaps and bounds above anyone at Bantamweight. That's not meant as disrespect to those other fighters, we just all need to acknowledge how special of a fighter Bastard is. They don't come around too often. Enter Ed Sheeran.
Sheeran's record isn't Perfect. One win and one loss. But Don't count him out. When we asked him about being the underdog going into this fight he simply said, "I Don't Care" and we love it when Beautiful People and fighters rise to the challenge like that. He believes his team, with his manager and all of his trainers at Hardcore Wrestling & BJJ is the A Team. He'll be a lot Happier about his record if it comes with a championship win and a champion's contract. He'll be able to afford that Castle on the Hill he's always wanted! There is no doubt that this is going to be a spectacle. Fans in attendance will want to take a Photograph and upload it to Buzz for all of their friends to see. However, we all have the same thing we're Thinking Out Loud and that's...can Ed Sheeran defeat the undefeated and dominant Little Bastard? Ed certainly thinks so. When asked that exact question he said, "Little Bastard, not only am I going to win. I'm going to cause you a lot of pain. A lot of suffering. A lot of damage. I'm going to change the Shape Of You".

Boby Tiger (3-1-0) vs. Jan Nycz (5-1-0)
A&E Super-heavyweight Championship - 265+lbs
Boby Tiger has been in four fights. Boby Tiger has FIVE "of the night" awards. Let that sink in. Four fights. Five awards. He has been a champion before, during his tenure at PL MMA. He's tasted gold and no doubt he wants it again. Nothing about the man makes sense. He's a white belt that has won by way of submission twice. He's a 300lb fighter that has won with a head kick against a fighter that was taller than him. He does what he wants when he wants. Who would take on such an enigmatic character?
Jan Nycz would, that's who. Nycz did the unthinkable in his last fight. He fought in the highest tier of the QFC against a fighter that heavily outmatched him. His opponent was better than him at boxing, muay thai, wrestling and they both were white belts in BJJ. But Nycz won. In the first round. It seemed impossible. It seemed unfair. But Jan Nycz did it. Can he become the face of A&E's Super-heavyweight division? Whoever it is, they will have thoroughly deserved it. These are two titans going head-to-head in the most dangerous of divisions. It's going to hurt. It's going to shock. It's going to be amazing.

A&E's MARQUEE 2

See you Saturday!
  • Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w9.jpg

Toby Keith Yrkje (361206)

Attention, Betts family pissants. I intend to hunt down every single one of you and tapdance on your skulls. No matter where you hide or what you say, I'm coming for you. It doesn't matter if you're in the shower, in the gym, or making sweet love to your cousin-wives. I'll whip the shit out of each and every one of you.

• Upvote 2

14b18.jpg

Punch "Drunk" McDermott

Live from the patio in front of Pho Tay Ho in downtown Montreal, this is your host, Punch McDermott, with another Crunch Time. Four days until Ashbourne Presents: Affliction, four days for my opponent, Frank Hartier, to wonder what he did to so irritate Dave Ashbourne that he has to step into the cage with yours truly. I’d be the first one to tell you that on the surface, it doesn’t seem fair; no not fair at all. But when you think of the word, “Affliction”, it begins to make more and more sense. A great suffering, persistent pain. What could be a better example for Affliction than putting a Cozad-Gym-training, no-winning, tapping-out guy like Frank Hartier in a ring against Punch McDermott? Ashbourne Events has been very good to me and I consider it an honor for my fist to be the poster for Affliction.

Punch takes a bite of Bún Chả Giò and sighs heavily.

Look, I’m not going to lie to you, that was all for show. There’s nothing savage about you except for your expanding waistline. Truth is, I’m not that interested. YOU don’t interest me, Frank Hartier. But don’t worry, I’m a performer. I have a contract and I’ll honor my obligations … but Frank Hartier? Come on. An athlete like me needs to be challenged, needs to be competing against the best so I have something to work for. What is there to work for on the 29th?

… maybe I can win KO AND submission of the Night?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2020-06-27
Helsinki
We're back with another rendition of -

"WOOOOOOOO!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO. LET'S. GOOOOOOO!"
"Mr. Ashbourne, you're in high spirits?"
"Spirits? Which spirits, where's spirits? You got spirits here?"

"Oh...you're..."

"I'm drunk Jeanette. Drunk as a motherfucking skunk, as they say. Somebody somewhere says that. WOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Mr. Ashbourne can we please get your thoughts on a record breaking night for A&E?"
"We made MONEY tonight Jeanette. MONEY! Wait no, that's not right. We lost less money tonight Jeanette. LESS LOST MONEY! Ratings were through the roof. Two new champions. I love it. I love it all."

"Yes we have our first Bantamweight champion in Little Bastard and Super-heavyweight champion in Jan Nycz. They both got the job done with first round TKOs and quite simply, by dominating their opponents. What did you think of their displays?"

"Everyone wants to fight for the title. When you get that call, you take the call, I mean you answer the call, and you talk while you're on the call you know? You talk. On the call."
"Yes."

"Pick up the phone Jeanette. Ring ring. Ring ring."

"Hello? Who's speaking?"

"JOHN FUCKING PG!!!! The guy has had two fights with us. Two fights. Do you know how long those two fights have lasted in TOTALITY Jeanette? 46 seconds. That's math Jeanette. Put down the phone. It's math."
"Another absolutely incredible performance by him tonight. Even with the step up in competition, a truly exciting fighter. And there was so much more excitement tonight. None more so than Ricky Conway versus Spencer Wright, which you gave Fight of the night to. What did you like about that fight?"

"Not many people want to fight Ricky Conway. He's an awkward and hugely talented fighter. But there comes a time in a fighter's career where they have to decide, do they take the chance? There's a fight that 66.66667% of managers would tell their fighters to decline but that's the path Jeanette. The path to the hidden treasure that is the A&E pot of champION'S GOLD. WOOOOOOO I love gold! I love all the colours. And. And. We'll be getting new shiny belts for all of our champions soon enough. Oh so shiny."
"Mr Ashbourne...I think you need to lie down..."
"What like Principo Adam kind of lie down? What like take a quick nap on the cage floor and then get back up and submit your opponent kind of lie down? WOOOOOO! What a fight. What a night. I don't feel well at all...."

"Thanks for being here Mr. Ashbourne...please...ok...oh god...guys...help please...yep he just...over there...and these are new shoes...."

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
Event Rating: 88.39
Attendance: 1,748
KO of the Night: John PG
Sub of the Night: Principo Adam
Fight of the Night: Ricky Conway vs. Spencer Wright
  • Upvote 2

Ashbourne: Court of Messiah (28/6/2020)

15w13.jpg

Ivan "Ødelæggelsens Gud" Wong (363490)

Ivan: Man, Marquee 2 sucks ass.

Mr. Nathan: Probably because they are lacking of something great.....something glorious......like our glorious Messiah Ivan.

Ivan: That's true. Firstly, let's talk about that f*cking idiot YaDaruis Queel. He has superior wrestling and bjj. But when Nikica Polen took him down, Queel proceeded to f*cking lay there and do nothing about it. Like come on......your opponent was dumb enough to take you down, but you weren't intelligent enough to capitalize.

Mr. Nathan: He probably is that terrible that Dave Ashbourne didn't even bother to mention him during post-fight interview.

Ivan: How about that dude Santiago Ravago who did nothing for the whole match except for that lazy uppercut that costed him the fight.

Mr. Nathan: I mean did he plan to counter against Johny F*cking PG? Was he out of his mind?

Ivan: Maybe if Ed Sheran's head movement and wrestling are as good as his trashtalking, he wouldn't have lost. John Wayne can't even corner a good fight. It makes you doubt whether he can actually manage GAMMA: Development League.

Mr. Nathan: I mean......at least Ed scored a takedown.....after the bell.

Ivan: Before I end this court, honourable mention to Murad Abdullaev who likes musicals.

Mr. Nathan: At least, we know Marquee 3 is gonna be way better because our Messiah will be fighting for the 145 lbs title.

Disclaimer: Court of Messiah is purely for entertainment purpose and was not meant to ignite any real life beef with any managers. Congrats to John Wayne for regularly make it to Tycoon Times.

• Upvote 3