Ashbourne Events (360k+)

Ashbourne

Part One

*If you don't wanna read me talking about opinions and feelings, you can skip to part two lol.

1.0 Intro

First and foremost, let me just apologize to all those people who I may have be disturbed or offended. I know that many people dont like drama here. So, the lesson we learn here is to never challenge a 19 year old with your 25 year old. If you asked me beforehand, how confidence am I to win these two matches, I would tell you "20%".

Why do I still take the fight? Probably just for the adrenaline spike. I like the pump of having the odds stacked against me. The worst part about this is to wait for the days to slowly approach knowing well that you are probably ending up with two Ls. :yuck:

1.0.1 Real life sucks

Man, I wouldn't go too deep into this (that's what he says). Basically I lose some interest and real life is busy and stressful bla bla bla.

But make no mistakes, I will still maintain minimal trashtalking but I cannot keep up the volume like before. This may be temporary or permanent depends on how I feel.

Shootout to MightyTJB, that first beef was always fun.

1.1 Joe Biden

I apologize again to Dave because of the rating lol. Basically, I knew what Joe Biden's gameplan but was not sure that I can stop him.

For my predictor slider, I simply set:

100% Counter, 80% Head Punch, 20% Body Punch (I notice that for approximately every 4 head punch he throws, he will mix in 1 body punch)

Due to this reason, I set my slider to 100% too as everyone who rushed Joe fall quickly. This is probably the reason why the rating sucks and I am able to be the first person to bring Joe to round two. As soon that I see Joe Biden starts popping rapidly on his Wrestling stats, I realize that I may not be able to take him down.

1.2 TKY

Vasiliy Kozlov is a fat guy with no cardio lol. I am sure TKY knows that. Kozlov quitting this organization has nothing to do with personal relationship and stuff. I simply plan to sack him myself soon (approx in 3 days) to free one fighter slot.

Although not a fan of his gimmick, I like his trashtalking.

Watch out, guys. You may be looking at the future 170 lbs Champion.

Speaking of future champion, the Welterweight Grand Prix is definitely something that I will be looking forward to (although not participating). Shootout to Ethan Hawk, the dude should talk more.

• Upvote 1

Part Two: My 'Demands' and Future Plan for "Ødelæggelsens Gud"

This is actually more of me begging Dave to fulfill my request lol. Basically I hate how slow this game progress, like I wanna fight all the time. I know a guy who just lose shouldn't be making this many demands, but I am posting this anyway lol.

I hereby make the following proposal:

1. Release me so that I can remain a free agent. By doing so, this make me flexible to fight in both 135lbs and 145lbs on a one fight basis. This also doesn't restrict me to one organization.

2. Whenever a short notice fight is needed, offer me a 1000/1000 contract with no signing offer. Good for business, cost-saving, help you fill the card, and the list goes on. I dont want money, I just want to fight. I am willing (actually preferring) to fight on short notice.

3. I only fight 25 year old within the same ID range, I dont wanna go through fighting uprising stars again lol

4. I love this organization so much, man. I hope that I can ended up holding the record for the most bouts (There's another way to make it to the wall of fame other than beating Joe Biden, who would have thought). Hopefully, I can retire as the Hall of Famer of this organization (while leaving the legacy as the dude who fight anyway)

5. Let me do a speed run through the Betts or John Wayne's fighter, if they are willing to do this.

Whether you agree or not, I still wanna thank Dave and all the others because I did have a lot of fun in this organization.

• Upvote 2

Monday Morning Fighter (on a Tuesday)

Wow. Add Samuel Little's name to the record books because he now owns the record for the fastest KO in a title bout. He did it by beating the man who had the fastest KO in a title bout. Poetic stuff. The record comes with his new championship belt. It wasn't that Little Bastard looked poor inside the cage. He showed up, as he always does. He landed more punches than the challenger. But those heavy hands of Samuel's aren't as Little as a typical Bantamweight's. They can do some real damage.

Danga de danga de dang - Little scores with a four punch combination!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gifBastard is rocked

Both guys came out swinging. You have to wonder whether a rematch would look much different?

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
Little's corner calls for a 1-2. Little obliges with the 1 part as he scores the single shot and moves back out of range.
Little moves his head to the side to avoid a jab but walks straight into a cross.

Would a more conservative approach help Bastard? Or has his glass chin been exposed at this level? He doesn't get hit often. He doesn't get hit often because he finishes all of his fights faster than you can say was-that-a-grumpy-leans-right-politically-pun-back-there?

9l2E5fw.jpg
What next for our new Bantamweight Champion? Well. Let's see if he can hold onto it long enough to have the newly designed belt in his cabinet. It's coming soon and it will be worth the wait. Our favourite designer is working on it as we speak. New logo. New posters. New belts. The lot.

There isn't much competition at 135lbs. The CEO's own son is sitting on a 3-0-0 record but has been banned from fighting for the title, as has every Dave Ashbourne affiliated fighter. With the organisation looking in good stead number's wise, it may be time for all Ashbourne fighters to be released. But then that begs the question...who on earth can beat Samuel Little?

Gagong UnEqual. Can you?

MARQUEE weekends are our absolute favourite. We will keep trying to improve them to make them more of a week long festival of fighting. With thirty fights and three titles on the line, this one was even more special. It certainly did not disappoint. Ash Pres: Bastard vs. Little shocked in more ways than one. It had the highest rating of any A&E event ever. And just like Ron Jeremy, this came on the back of TWO other gatherings! It certainly was a case of saving the best for last.

There are no longer any easy fights in A&E and you have to wonder, can anyone hold on to their title here? You beat one top contender. And another top contender comes right along. It's brutal at the top. Exhibition A: The 205lbs Division. Dolph Lindgren was celebrating a few days ago. He became our first ever Light Heavyweight champion at MARQUEE 3. And now he has to go head to head with Jake Rizzo? Nobody wants to go head to head with Jake Rizzo. He just made 2-0-0 John Leo tap. Rizzo has had two fights under the A&E banner. He has won Sub of the night both times. That's unbelievable. What's even more unbelievable is that this ex-paramedic used to save lives before he changed his life and started hurting people instead. We don't quite know when it will happen...but Dolph Lindgren vs. Jake Rizzo will be mixed martial arts at its very best.

The $2,500,000 Welterweight Grand Prix is already half full. The latest fighter getting in on the action is the 2-2-0 Kaki Mountain who was defeated this weekend in agonizing fashion with only two seconds left in the round. The loss comes in the Lightweight category to the now 3-0-0 Moana Tautua. We know Kaki Mountain can fight and now we get to see him in action where the punches are a little stronger and the pain stings a little deeper as he moves up to 170lbs. He is much better than his record suggests so when the groups are drawn based on seeds/rankings, someone is going to be in a group with the Mountain and there you have your "Group of Death" - the one that every fighter wants to avoid.

There were other great Welterweights in action over the weekend. Marco Paris didn't let getting cut early stop him from knocking out his opponent in the first. The "worst nose in the business" Owen Alvarez had an explosive debut taking out the incredibly talented James Lawrence in a tough fight. No seriously. That nose. It looks like something out of Star Trek but don't tell him we said that because this north east gangsta could kick our ass. And probably yours too! There's still so much more to come from this pair, James Lawrence is far from done. And not forgetting, the "best talker in the game" Punch McDermott fell short this time. He couldn't speak another win into existence against the undefeated and now higher paid Niko Vaktoria.

The welterweight division is alive and well.

Our Rising Stars events allow us to offer fair fights for teenagers and it helps us to keep bringing in new blood into the organisation. 18 year olds have the most potential. The children are our future. We struggled to fill the last Rising Stars card (hence why there was a Dave Ashbourne fighter on there) but we are happy to see that A&E: Rising Stars IV is almost already full.

Thank you all for another great weekend of fights! Rest well. Message us your thoughts. We'll be back with a look ahead to this week's fights later in the day.

• Upvote 5

First time visiting the Ashbourne Events hangout and publication page.. good to see the Paris & Sons Fight Yard boys getting a shout out - Marco Paris and the "worst nose in the business" Owen Alvarez. Both snatching easy victories on the last card.

Here's to the next one..

Parisand-Alvarez.jpg

Marco and Owen celebrating on their flight back from Helsinki

Oh - and while we're here, Owen's bro Tyler Alvarez just snatched the Div 3 155 TWGC World Championship at the weekend with zero prior fight experience. When he's done collecting arms in Catch Wrestling maybe you'll see him winning belts in AE. PEACE

• Upvote 2

A&E's Fight of the Week

The NFL has America's Game of the Week. The NHL has their Game of the Week. And we have this - A&E's Fight of the Week. We're original like that, around these parts.

We love all fights. Every fight is exciting to us. Every. single. one. But there is always that one fight that gets us just a little bit more on the edge of our seat. A little more hair raising. With just a little more warmth in our loins. But enough about our anatomy (or not), let's take a look at this week's fight that we believe will win the heart of the A&E fans:

Featherweight - 145lbs
We mean no disrespect, but this fight is all about Greg Fitzgerald and we'll explain why. Four days ago, Joe Biden knocked out Ivan Wong to become A&E's first featherweight champion. If you're reading this right now, there's a good chance you were watching. You may even have been there at Hayashi's Lounge that night, watching history be made. Greg Fitzgerald was. He had the best seat in the house. Sitting right at cage side, Fitzgerald got to see Joe Biden up close. He watched his every move. He saw the knockdown in the first round. The huge right hand from Biden that caused it. Wong's head getting snapped back. Biden countering with lovely straight rights. The breaking of the clinch. The body work that tired out Wong. The fact that Biden looked more muscular than his last outing. Greg Fitzgerald saw it all.
He's been asking for a title shot since 20th June where he decimated Alexandar Volkanobski in his MMA and A&E debut. Truth be told, we weren't sold. Not at the time. But then he followed it up with another first round finish and this time he made even shorter work of it. 45 seconds of work. That was against a fighter who has been in the fighting game for much longer than Fitzgerald has. Didn't matter. The Birmingham native impressed.
The future of Magomed Magomedov is uncertain. His manager is under investigation in yet another multi scandal hitting the tainted shores of A&E. He's a cheat. Worse, he's a cheat that doesn't even need to cheat because Magomedov is good enough to win a fair fight without outside help. As his nickname suggests, he's a tiger. A beast that came roaring into the organisation with a KO of the night performance at Ashbourne Presents: Initiation. He rocked his opponent in the first with a nasty knee to the face. And it was the knee again that ultimately put his opponent out for good in the second. We can still hear the sound of the impact from those replays! We may have watched it once or twice or fourteen times. 17 out of 17 elbows connected in the clinch. 31 out of 31 knees to the body and 6 out of 6 vicious knees to the head. Magomedov was born in the clinch. He graduated there. He met his wife there and became a man there. Is he going to defeat Greg Fitzgerald there?
Notable Mentions
Heavyweight - 265lbs

This fight will be anything but dull. Neither has been involved in a judge's decision. Nothing but finishes, win or lose. Vieira was one fight away from a shot at the Tyrone Tyson for the heavyweight strap but he lost to Terrance Flint at the last hurdle. How quickly things change because since then. Flint was sacked by his manager and Vieira bounced back with a great win over the then 3-2-0 and now retired Tourn King. These middle of the card fights are very important. They help to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Combine that with two of the most exciting fighters at the most exciting weight division. Burine Banko walked away with the Fight of the night award last time out. There's a good chance he can do it again here. he'll be hoping this time, it comes with a solid victory.

Welterweight - 170lbs

Two fighters that are more comfortable fighting on the ground. This one may be more about defense than offense. Who can last long enough to find that opening? These are two welterweights at the very top of the welterweight game. Andrey Ershov has already signed up to take part in the $2,500,000 Welterweight Grand Prix. Will we also see Ethan Van Vactor there? I bet the other participants are hoping the answer is no. These fighters first entered an MMA gym only two days apart. And to two top gyms. Van Vactor has had the more fights since then. He's improving every single day. In his debut, he dropped a decision to Akamo Kilohana. Eight days later, he knocked Kilohana out in 51 seconds. That tells you everything you need to know about Van Vactor. By the time I finish this sentence, he would have improved again. We will find out whether it's enough to defeat Andrey "Bear" Ershov.

Heavyweight - 265lbs
Koua Kamara has already signaled his intent to leave A&E at the end of his contract. It's a huge loss to the company because we truly believe the man from Cameroon is the hardest hitter at any weight. When heavyweights punch you it hurts. When Kamara punches you it kills. He's that dangerous. His résumé speaks for itself. Two opponents with chins like granite. Two knockouts in under three minutes. He is a knockout machine and it will be a sad day when he leaves us. Enter Ivan Sergeev. The Judo and Greco-Roman practitioner from Siberia, Russia is in for the toughest fight of his career. He was steamrolling through opponents in the QFC before he suffered his first set back in his fourth fight. He quickly bounced back with a Sub of the night performance in his A&E debut. Can he avoid a Kamara knockout and get his opponent to the ground where he wants him? There's only been one takedown attempt on Kamara before. It failed. And that fighter is now retired and forgotten. This fight will be remembered by both men for a very long time because it will prove just how good...one of them is.

• Upvote 2

So, TKY is at it again.

He was helping out Odd Hansen on a building project to make some extra off-the-books dough. Like any self-respecting entrepreneur, Odd brings in most of his laborers from Romania. One of them was Augustin Beniamin Dionisie.

Long story short, they got into it over whose hard hat it was and it ended with TKY tarding out and throwing a pallet jack at Dionisie before being dragged away from the site, kicking and screaming. Now Odd is down two laborers and TKY is clamoring for Dionisie's skull. I hope they can settle it in the cage instead of on the construction site of some kindergarten.

• Upvote 2

We have been busy with a few things behind the scenes lately. Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we're stopping. And now...we are proud to announce the final details of our inaugural tournament.

Who is the best 360k+ Welterweight in MMA?

A&E Welterweight Grand Prix 2020

Seeds

1. Ethan Van Vactor - Managed by Andy Huge
2. Niko Vaktoria - Managed by Gabriel Luque
3. Ethan Hawk - Managed by Xyel Pain
4. Toby Keith Yrkje - Managed by Freako Wimp
5. Pikel Bouldershoulder - Managed by Ragnar Lothbrok
6. David Night - Managed by David King
7. Phin Phorreal - Managed by Kamikaze Kush
8. Owen Alvarez - Managed by Milo Paris
9. Dwight Schrute - Managed by Rob Roy
10. Rod De Minaur - Managed by Igor Peixoto
11. Ferele Athram - Managed by David Septim
12. Henry of Skalitz - Managed by Vincent Valenzio
13. Evgeny Kolesov - Managed by Yury Bagrov
14. Punch McDermott - Managed by Cheorge Guvalo
15. Kaki Mountain - Managed by Jorma Oltsu
16. Warren Jackson - Managed by Scotty Jc

Standbys

1. Mateuz Alphamale - Managed by Matty Fernandez

Group Standings

DIe4Dg8.jpg

Group Matches

ru3h9yN.jpg

Points System

Win by Finish - 5 points
Win - 4 points
Draw - 2 points
Loss by Split Decision - 1 point
Loss - 0 points

The Top Two from each group proceed to a single elimination knockout phase.

Events

15th August 2020 - Ash Pres: Welterweights - Preview | Review
5th September 2020 -
26th September 2020 -
17th October 2020 -
7th November 2020 -
28th November 2020 -

Prizes

Winner = $2,500,000 + 12 months VIP + Welterweight Champion + Custom Trophy
2nd Place = $500,000 + 6 months VIP
3rd Place = $250,000 + 3 months VIP

Fight of the Tournament = $100,000 + 3 months VIP
KO of the Tournament = $100,000 + 3 months VIP
Sub of the Tournament = $100,000 + 3 months VIP

Best Trash Talk / Roleplaying = $100,000 + 3 months VIP
Best Trash Talk / Roleplaying = $100,000 + 3 months VIP

Tournament Lottery* = $50,000 + 3 months VIP

*one lottery every round (so six in total) / even if already eliminated / includes standbys / excludes free agents and retired fighters. To be given only after a fighter is eliminated - as an incentive to accept their remaining fights, if any.

Notes

- visit our tournament page where we will continue to update all tournament related matters.

• Upvote 2

Wrapping Up with the Boss
Helsinki
"Boss boss! Over here, let's have a word!"
"There are no words! Denis White is the NEW A&E Heavyweight Champion of the World! What the fuck just happened?!"

"We're live Dave..."

"Ok but answer me this. What in the actual fuck just happened?"

"Still live Dave..."
"No listen. This is MMA. Anyone can lose at any time. We know that. We are in the most brutal of sports and I'm very glad that I'm on this side of the cage. It was always a possibility that White could win this fight. He's got the heaviest hands in London. But to run through Tyrone Tyson like that? That's shocking. I'm still shocked."

"What do you think went wrong for Tyrone tonight?"

"I think Tyrone doesn't want to fight. Listen. He will always have a place in A&E's history. He will always be one of my favourite fighters. He's our first ever champion. It's too early to talk Hall of Fame but I would love to see him there one day. But the truth of the matter is, we had to beg him to sign a new contract. I don't want to reveal too much but I did have a private conversation with his manager and from our talk...well let's just say they're not pinning all of their hopes on Tyrone Tyson. What he has done in such a short time is remarkable. If he bounces back from this, it will be legendary."
"Denis White is the new A&E Heavyweight Champion..."

"Denis White is the new A&E Heavyweight Champion."

"Is it too early to start thinking about his first title defense?"

"There is an obvious opponent. There is a fight that I would absolutely love to make but it is out of my hands. Denis White hits like a train. So does Koua Kamara. These two in a cage. I can only shake my head. The ground would shake beneath them. But Kamara has only one fight left on his contract and he has confirmed that he will be leaving us after that fight. He wanted to move up to Super-heavyweight to challenge Jan Nycz for the title. We were happy to accommodate. We wanted him to sign a new contract before making that title fight. He refused. It was obvious at that point that he just wanted to win a title and bail. Yes we have an open door policy at A&E but we also try to reward those that like being here."

"So it's safe to say Koua Kamara will not be Denis White's first defense?"

"That is correct. I'm going to send some fight offers out right after this. There's still plenty of good fights to be made, don't you worry!"
"I don't doubt it. Talking of Super-heavyweights, things are looking up!"

"I'm so excited for this division. For the first time since we founded A&E, I see the 265+ division as one of the highlights of a fight card. I love watching these guys fight. Yesterday, Thomas McManus asked us to move up from Heavyweight to Super-heavyweight. We love the move. He has the ability to contend at the higher weight. And now tonight we get the explosive Big Chungus who only needed 29 seconds to get a win in his debut. That right hand is big and nasty and all kinds of violent. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him progress."
"You didn't feel like that was enough to earn the KO of the Night bonus?"
"Did you not see Lindsay Apollo knock his opponent out cold? Listen. I don't only look at quickness for bonuses. I look at which knockout is going to get the most retweets. TKOs are not it. Brutal left hooks are it. Brutal left hooks are what gets you those likes on Buzz. Who doesn't love a brutal left hook knockout?"

"Did you just sneeze?"

"No that's the fighter that...nevermind. Joseph Krakowski had the 45 second submission victory but you gave the Sub of the Night to YaDaruis Queel. Doing it for the Buzz again?"
"Krakowski is a stud. I like what I saw from him tonight. I like it a lot. But anytime a purple belt takes out a purple belt, you've got my attention. Queel did a great job staving off Minamino's attacks on the ground. He stayed composed. He trusted his BJJ. He got the textbook finish and $5,000. "

"We usually don't see you here when your son is fighting. You had two fighters from your camp in action tonight. Your son got the win over Noah Diaz and in the battles of the Williams', yours lost out to Larry Williams. What are your thoughts on these two fights?"

"First and foremost Larry Williams looked fantastic tonight. Despite being in MMA for longer, Liam is not at that level yet. He may never be. Because Larry is looking special. I thought it would be a much closer fight. I thought it would at least get to the second round but Larry Williams doesn't care about what I think. Great fighter. As for my son Dave Ashbourne Jr. he is now a free agent. I want to shoutout Noah Diaz. He helped us fill this card with only days left to go. It doesn't look good on paper because these two fought only a few weeks ago. My son won then and he won again tonight. We were aware that this may attract criticism but we did try our best to get Noah matched with another opponent. We went searching for inactive managers on Discord but we couldn't get it done. Noah was fine with the rematch and we made the executive decision to fill the card at all costs. We're looking forward to seeing what Noah Diaz can do against the rest of the 135lb division."
"You're just going to leave your son unemployed like that?"

"He can wash my car for some pocket money if he likes. No, I don't know. Our roster size is getting lower every day. There are more inactive fighters than there are new 360k+ fighters. It's not a problem for now but it's something we need to monitor. So let's see!"

"Is there anyone else who impressed tonight?"

"No one impressed more than Denis White. This is his night. But all of the winners and even some of the losers. Fried Slobberknacker is quietly putting together a decent streak over decent opposition. One more welterweight to look out for."
"Aha! And that brings us to the perfect segue into the A&E Welterweight Grand Prix 2020. It's finally here!"
"It's here and it's BIG! Over $4,000,000 in cash. More than 4 years of VIP to be won. The groups have been revealed. I have no idea who's going to win this thing. Every fight looks like a Fight of the Night to me and I can't wait to watch every single second of it. Goddamn I'm pumped for this! We're going to be putting a lot of effort into it but before we can, we have something else around the corner..."
"There's nothing quite like a MARQUEE week. We have tonnes planned for this week. Keep your eyes pealed to our official forum! That's what they call a teaser in the business. But for now...I have some fighters to congratulate and some fights to make."

"Thanks as always, Dave!"
"Any time."
Event Rating: 81.63 (5th highest)
Attendance: 1,000 (10th highest)
KO of the Night: Lindsay Apollo
Sub of the Night: YaDaruis Queel
Fight of the Night: Denis White vs. Tyrone Tyson
  • Upvote 5

Thanks for the kind words! We may not be the best in terms of hype and ratings but as long as people are enjoying it here, I'm happy to do this forever.

I've been salty once or twice. I've been down once or twice. But I keep getting nice comments both public and private and it makes it all worth it.

I am looking to hire our first external staff member. The main job description is to expand and keep the records page up to date but there is plenty of room for promotions and other tasks. This will be an "Executive" role.

Executive -> Senior Executive -> Assistant Manager -> Manager -> Senior Manager -> COO

Staff must have Discord so that we can chat/type in real time.

PM me in game if anyone is interested!

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/14/14b18.jpg

Punch "Drunk" McDermott

Round 1 – Crunch Time With Punch

Sitting at a window table inside the filthy A&W on St. Laurent in Montreal’s Milton Park, Punch McDermott is sipping on a Money Inc. Energy drink, absent-mindedly rubbing the cut received from Niko Vaktoria nearly two weeks earlier. Putting his drink down, he looks up at the camera:

Its Crunch Time once again, folks. In two weeks, the eyes of the world converge on Helsinki to watch 15 challengers fight for the right to become the #1 contender to what we all know is rightfully mine; A&E’s Welterweight Championship belt. I’ve been receiving lots of mail about the perceived unfairness of the format and even had one letter asking for CEO Dave Ashbourne’s removal. My response was, “Mom, he’s my boss and he’s doing what is best for the company. It’s like reading the ending of a book before you start it; sure you know what is going to happen, but it sometimes makes the journey that much more interesting.” So I’m okay with not being given the belt outright because the journey will be worth it, trust me. Increased ratings, increased exposure, lots of money padding my wallet.

He takes another sip of his Money Inc. and frowns.

The only thing I’m confused about is my opponent, Niko Vaktoria.

Off-camera: It’s Ethan Hawk

The actor?

Off-camera: Without the E

You can’t spell Ethan without an E, dummy … isn’t Hawke nearly 50? Has his acting career bottomed out or something?

Off-camera: It’s not …

Did you see him in Training Day? *mimicking Jack Nicholson* You can’t HANDLE the truth!

Off-camera: That’s not even …

Well it’ll be good for ratings anyway.

The restaurant manager approaches.

Sir, we’ve warned you many times. If you’re not going to order anything, we’ll have to ask you to leave.

Wow me and Ethan Hawke.

• Upvote 5