Top three favourite MMA fighters of all time?

Crayf

2 minutes ago, Shards said:

1. GSP

2. Robbie Lawler

3. Stephen Thompson (He has a really good YouTube channel)

Love GSP - absolute legend. Probably the GOAT.

Robbie Lawler - not seen much of if I'm being honest.

Stephen Thompson - AMAZING to watch, love his style. If he'd have come to MMA sooner, he'd have been unbelievable.

6 hours ago, Fallen.Angel said:

1. Jose Aldo
2. Tony Ferguson
3. Fedor Emelianenko

Honorable mentions : Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones, Demian Maia

Aldo was NEVER the same after the McGregor demolition job. Hope Tony comes back tonight but couldn't have been given a tougher opponent.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, Crayf said:

Aldo was NEVER the same after the McGregor demolition job. Hope Tony comes back tonight but couldn't have been given a tougher opponent.

He still had a couple of good performances ...
but I agree ...he isn't the same ..but I think it wasn't just because of Mcgregor fight .. i think his prime wasn't at the peak at that time...he came into prime at a very young age and peaked. He is still..what 32-33 ? and some fighters peak in their prime at 30-35
and last night we found out that Tony isn't either ... imagine that Tony fighting Khabib ? man he would have gotten finished, all due respect to Tony.
but there's that window in a fighter's prime .. we don't know when it goes, we find it out when it happens..that's the crazy thing.

#1 Conor - An asshole, but was one of the most entertaining guys to follow in and outside the cage during his prime years, the Khabib fight is the most anticipated in history.

#2 Fedor - He is who got me hooked on MMA in the first place, after watching a random fight on cable. Pride days Fedor + his early USA career (first 3-4 fights), he was awesome.

#3 Jon Jones - Hard to not appreciate his work in the cage, probably the greatest ever, the only question mark anyone has is his drug/PED history. 

1. Lyoto Machida - I got in to the sport via hearing hype about Machida and then watching him destroy Rashad. Still love his style in-spite of the low-volume and sometimes boring results. The fact he nearly beat Mousasi at 41 yrs old is a testament to how good he was in his prime. I wish he had been the one fighting at MW instead of Silva, but it probably worked out the best for their respective styles.

2. Stipe Miocic -  I'm from Cleveland. Watching Miocic-DC 2 at a local bar may be one of my top viewing experiences all-time. The atmosphere was insane especially after the comeback.  It has been a pleasure watching him give my hometown a long-reigning UFC champion.

3. Conor McGregor - I used to hate him, but the Aldo, Diaz, and Alvarez performances made me a big fan...right when everyone else started hating him. He has been an asshole outside of the cage many times, but in the cage, he has a beautiful style and extremely entertaining fights.

8 hours ago, MasterLeader said:

Of all time:

1. GSP

2. Jon Jones (controversially)

3. Anderson Silva

Right now:

1. Kevin Holland (been a fan of him ever since his first fight in May 2020)

2. Francis Ngannou

3. Michel Pereira

Notable mentions - Johnny Walker, Khamzat Chimaev

LOVE BOTH LISTS!

Holland is a beast no doubt about it - got a huge future. Especially after finishing Souza the way he did - absolutely savage!
Ngannou will be the very next HW Champion in UFC - no doubt about it
Pereira is a great call - so entertaining to watch

Chimaev - I hope Edwards knocks his head off, not going to lie mate
Walker - been shown up a few times but very early in his career - needs to sort his weaknesses out first.

1 hour ago, Crayf said:

LOVE BOTH LISTS!

Holland is a beast no doubt about it - got a huge future. Especially after finishing Souza the way he did - absolutely savage!
Ngannou will be the very next HW Champion in UFC - no doubt about it
Pereira is a great call - so entertaining to watch

Chimaev - I hope Edwards knocks his head off, not going to lie mate
Walker - been shown up a few times but very early in his career - needs to sort his weaknesses out first.

Yeah I basically picked the most entertaining fighters for me (which aren’t 155 or below haha). I’m indifferent towards Chimaev’s character but appreciate his talent for sure.

Actually I’d add Jiri Prochazka to my notable mentions list, he was insane on his debut.

• Upvote 1

TJ Dillashaw - I don't like him as a person, but IMO he's the most exciting and fluid striker to watch in MMA other than prime Pettis

Clay Guida - Prime Guida was wild, Greg Jackson ruined him and made him a snooze fighter

Bisping - Made MMA what it is today in Europe

Honourable mentions - Shoutout to some of the OGs like Rampage, Rashad, Nick Diaz. Paul Daley used to be up there from a UK perspective, shame he can't wrestle; and looking forward to seeing where Nathaniel Wood ends up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PRIDE Rampage (almost shameful to admit it now given his post-Liddell career)

Mirko Cro Cop

Nick Diaz

TKZ

Conor McGregor (Irish roots and style)

Shane Carwin

Andrei Arlovski

had to name anybody who would of landed on my favorite fighters list, tough to narrow to 3.

McGregor vs Aldo brought me more joy than any result of a fight in recent memory. Could of been all the money I won on the fight, could be that I root against juiced up cheating Brazilians. They should stick to cocaine and rebelutions, cuz they can't hack it without the sauce.

17 hours ago, MasterLeader said:

What happened to Shane Carwin? That man was a straight killer.

I also remember when he dropped Lesnar and proceeded to pound him until he gassed out and lost. If he just made him stand up Lesnar was dead.

Injuries, unfortunately. Carwin was a beast but his body didn't hold up.