Tycoon tools - It seems the site is offline?

Mentor

11 hours ago, zackmartin11 said:

I'm in deep trouble if I can't use this site. Makes it near impossible to figure out the fight orders on mobile

I came in to ask; does the autosort button not work on the fight pages?

I've not been using it because I'm old and stuck in my ways, but now that I'm clicking it, nothing seems to be happening. The effort of going to firefox, downloading the greesemonkey script for hype/pop and doing the maths will be a bollocks. Not the end of the world or anything but still, if there's a button there am I just not doing something right?

Just now, clydebankblitz said:

I've not been using it because I'm old and stuck in my ways, but now that I'm clicking it, nothing seems to be happening. The effort of going to firefox, downloading the greesemonkey script for hype/pop and doing the maths will be a bollocks. Not the end of the world or anything but still, if there's a button there am I just not doing something right?

I've never used it and I'm pretty sure it just refreshes the page. Maybe Mike could fix it if we bothered him enough 

2 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

The autosort button does not work, Mike said he will have a look at it, but without the auto sort, or a similar option to tycoontools, this will make sorting fights much more difficult and time consuming. Orgs will lose money and it could be pretty serious for most serious organizations out there. 

The autosort button will solve everything, so lets hope it gets fixed soon. 

• Upvote 1

Tycoon Tools is not working for me either today.  I last used it a week ago. This is REALLY bad as it'll make it near impossible to estimate ticket sales, advertising and ordering the events by hype+pop combined is going to be a fucking bear now.  This is REALLY BAD unless it gets fixed and comes back.

1 hour ago, Mentor said:

The autosort button does not work, Mike said he will have a look at it, but without the auto sort, or a similar option to tycoontools, this will make sorting fights much more difficult and time consuming. Orgs will lose money and it could be pretty serious for most serious organizations out there. 

The autosort button will solve everything, so lets hope it gets fixed soon. 

Yeah it's literally just the sorting. I've got my own numbers for production and ads now. Just sort that out and everythings good.

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

Tycoon Tools is not working for me either today.  I last used it a week ago. This is REALLY bad as it'll make it near impossible to estimate ticket sales, advertising and ordering the events by hype+pop combined is going to be a fucking bear now.  This is REALLY BAD unless it gets fixed and comes back.

Yeah and it gets even worse if the org is large, the errors will be very costly.

I tell yous what. If I get a little bit of free time this week, I'll see if instead of my write up app I can create something quick to sort the order of fights. I'll need to figure out what the maths is in deciding how hype/pop of two fighters decided the overall fight hype, but I could probably try to reverse engineer a fight to see.

If anyone considers themselves a hotshot algebra star; what's the algorithm I'm missing;

I have to pick an upcoming fight from today so;

Natalia Pisswater and Natasha Pisswater has a fight rating of 5.93281%

Natalia Pisswater has 2.97012% hype and 2.97012% popularity.

Natasha Pisswater has 2.96269% hype and 2.96269% popularity.

Anyone want to figure out what the algorithm is to get to the fight hype based on their individual hype/pop? Not my strong suit. Once I know however we get to that number, I could probably create a quick app that could give you the order.

23 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I tell yous what. If I get a little bit of free time this week, I'll see if instead of my write up app I can create something quick to sort the order of fights. I'll need to figure out what the maths is in deciding how hype/pop of two fighters decided the overall fight hype, but I could probably try to reverse engineer a fight to see.

If anyone considers themselves a hotshot algebra star; what's the algorithm I'm missing;

Anyone want to figure out what the algorithm is to get to the fight hype based on their individual hype/pop? Not my strong suit. Once I know however we get to that number, I could probably create a quick app that could give you the order.

Wouldnt be easier to open Tycoon Tools script code and debug?

I mean, that math was already done there. You can either just snab it and recreate your own script or try to debug what MMAtycoon server update crashed the script and update that/those line(s)

17 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Pretty sure it's as simple as adding the four hype + pop values together and dividing by 2 to get the average hype + pop for the two fighters.  I would need to use a more complex example with fighters who have different hype & pop to confirm.  These two had both the same hype and pop (not as each other, but their own hype and pop being the same) so I'd need to confirm that they aren't weighted differently in any way when they aren't equal.

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

Pretty sure it's as simple as adding the four hype + pop values together and dividing by 2 to get the average hype + pop for the two fighters.  I would need to use a more complex example with fighters who have different hype & pop to confirm.  These two had both the same hype and pop (not as each other, but their own hype and pop being the same) so I'd need to confirm that they aren't weighted differently in any way when they aren't equal.

Easy as that. There's better examples today but adding those together and dividing in 2 gives the correct answer, which is 5 decimal points, so I'm assuming it has to be haha.

I'll see if I can play about with something later today.