Strikeforce UK TV Deal

anderson007

The title makes it sound to official but basically Strikeforce is going to be shown on Bravo. In the advertisement they where hyping Fedor vs Rogers so I guess that it will be the live event Sunday. Not really got more information then that. Sunday at 9 PM is all I got

Thats interesting, Bravo have a history showing a bit of MMA - if they get strikeforce events live I'll definitely be tuning in.

When the hell is Cung Le fighting again anyway?

To be honest if it was live it would of been very late saturday night. I would have most likely recorded it then watch it Sunday evening anyway because of prior engagements Sunday morning/afternoon so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. Perhaps this is just a feeler for Bravo to test the waters before jumping in head first with a big live tv deal

No idea whether they will ever go live. I believe they were planning on it for Affliction but got blocked due to legal reasons.

From my point of view, I need to watch it live or asap on Sunday morning - I can't spend any time on these forums without finding out a spoiler! :)

Also, Bravo (or anyone's) shows when they put on a tape delay show, are always watered down. They usually cut off an undercard bout or loads of analysis and pad the show out with loads of commercials, because they know how long each fight goes.

It's nice in that I'll be able to get my casual fan mates to watch it but it's so frustrating that they go half way - get the rights but don't show it live... Perhaps that costs more, I dunno.

It does. Broadcast rights are huge. Like runway time at the international big boys, but that's another etc.

We used to love tuning in to Bravo on a Sunday evening, catch the previous nights UFC, as live.

Then Setanta came along, and we used to love staying up 'til 6am watching the fights live.

Then Setanta went, and as yet I've not hooked up ESPN due to drawing the line somewhere.

Pumped about the Fedor fight. Rogers could genuinely catch him, and it'd be all over. Chances are Fedor will take him down and submit him, but punchers chance..........................................

Bloody hope not though.

it would be ever so comical if rogers did beat fedor. Sherdog would meltdown.

Lololololo...

Soooo true.

How is the home of the thick and the site of the abusive idiots...? I barely go on there since...since I found MMA Tycoon!

You post on the 'dog? Whats ur name on there? maybe we've had run-ins before... lol

i think i have posted one it about 15 times over 5/6 years (under different guises as i have enivitbale forgotten the passwords) but i tend to have a quick check through it for news etc. Its still full of people who can't except that fights are a two sided battle and not a procession of man beating another for the pleasure of them feeling smug.

I notice Sky have pit on a couple of cards from challenge UK - perhaps them testing the waters somewhat, the production values of that organisation are really bad though and it also has the Jordon and Alex Reid sideshow to it now as well.

Cage Rage was going in the right direction, aside from the terrible ring announcer - shame it went under.

I notice Sky have pit on a couple of cards from challenge UK - perhaps them testing the waters somewhat, the production values of that organisation are really bad though and it also has the Jordon and Alex Reid sideshow to it now as well.

Cage Rage was going in the right direction, aside from the terrible ring announcer - shame it went under.

Lol, that ring announcer used to make me cringe! The little cockney dude with the tacky jewellery and the irritating voice...makes you appreciate The Buffer...

i think i have posted one it about 15 times over 5/6 years (under different guises as i have enivitbale forgotten the passwords) but i tend to have a quick check through it for news etc. Its still full of people who can't except that fights are a two sided battle and not a procession of man beating another for the pleasure of them feeling smug.

Lol, "Shertards"!

That was the advantage of having Pride/UFC/Pancrase all being around at the same time (when i got into the sport). strikeforce can be successful but it depends how many rights they have signed away for fedor/CBS etc.

I have my reservations as i have now seen, a dozen or so british companies go under (someone will tell me exactly how many), affliction, the other one i can't remember the name of. i will get more interested when i see that they have been able to put 10 or more shows together while still having the media coverage.