2022 Alliance World Championships

Alfred

Hey all. There's still a few months left of the year but as 380k is creeping up on us I have been considering making the 2022 Alliance World Championships at 380k event. 

Initial thoughts is that creation would be whenever the 380k ID turn comes (possibly around October/November?) with the tournament starting sometime in January 2022. That would give ample testing and training time before the first fights and maybe even mean more fighters are kept after the tournament is done. 

Other preliminary ideas are dropping the team size down from 4 to 3 this year but allowing alliances to field multiple teams if they can/wish. This is largely due to the diminishing pool of players and the fact that some smaller alliances are usually automatically excluded. 

Weight Categories = 135lbs, 185lbs & 265lbs (Minimum Weight is the weight. I.e 135lbs is 135lbs, 185lbs is 185lbs & 265lbs is 265lbs)

Other than that I'll pretty much stick to the same rules and format as before (group stage into knockout tournament, 16 days in between fights, 18 year old creations, 1 fighter per manager etc)

Like I said, there's still a way to go before 380k. Just giving a heads up so anyone competing can prepare spots/testing etc. 

Please let me know if your alliance would want to take part. I won't hold anyone to anything at this point but it'll just be interesting to gauge numbers. 

Cheers all

UPDATE (26th Nov 2022)

Forgot to put the new dates up in the first post so doing that now. 

As everyone should be aware, the 380k ID turn hit a couple of weeks ago and thus everyone is free to create, test and train. 

The timeline for the tournament is as follows

JANUARY 1st 2022 - FINAL DAY TO REGISTER YOUR COMPLETED TEAMS AND FIGHTERS

FEBRUARY 6TH 2022 - TOURNAMENT STARTS (ROUGHLY 3 MONTHS OF TRAINING TIME FROM START OF 380K)

Fight Schedules & Groups etc, will be drawn around January 2nd once we know exactly how many teams we have. 

• Upvote 4

Participating Alliances/Managers

KEYBOARD WARRIORS

1536330549F9C4466B-2235-408A-83AD-835C15

(2021 WINNERS)

Team 1:

135) Eh Phuthong (P J Jones)
185) Smash Adams (Dead Disney)
265) Kurt Zweihander (Don Xyel)

Team 2

135) Akio Kurosaki (Louie DePalma)
185) Afa Nbaku (Ethan Downs)
265) Kush Cake (Sonny Muchacho)

THE STEPDADS

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

(2020 RUNNERS UP, 2021 4TH PLACE)

135lbs) Wingers Son (Aydan The Wandering Spirit)

185lbs) Panagiotis Nikolau (Alex K)

265lbs) Jimmy Labradoodle (Billy Arseworth

FINNFIGHTERS

1267303006FF.jpg

(2020 THIRD PLACE, 2021 FIFTH PLACE)

135lbs) Raja Jooseppi (Frank Abbot)

185lbs) Seppo Maki (Jorma Oltsu)

265lbs) Heke Jogert (Marky Mark)

BROTHERHOOD

brotherhood.png

135lbs) Chilli Bloke (Thaddeus Banks)

185lbs) Juha Maenpaa (Frank Castle)

265lbs) Android Eighteen (Raichu Kong)

THE GUARDIANS

1594408431lbxilVR.jpg

135lbs) Slim Slow (Lincoln Hawks)

185lbs) Cathal Doherty (John Daugherty)

265lbs) Mauricio Ascaciba (Matty Fernandez)

TEAM PANDA

1609207374panda%20thumb%203.jpg

135lbs) Otto McBean (Pika Choo)

185lbs) Amazing Billy (Mister Twister)

265lbs) Joseph Henry Pageau (Cope T)

ONE MAN WOLF PACK

1633407793omwp.png

TEAM 1

135lbs) Rudy Beckwith (Optimal)

185lbs) Jules Ann Squirrely Dan

265lbs) Orn Frostulfsson (Andy Down)

TEAM 2

135lbs) Smoke Junior (Butch Harris)

185lbs) Bobby Boucher (Alfredo Gonzalez)

265lbs) Derrick Thomas (Joe River)

CONVICTED INC

1314435049c2.png

135lbs) Charles Eric Cheese (Freako Wimp)

185lbs) Willie Diggs (Chris Karter)

265) Andre Salaam (Jason Smith)

GOLDEN TEAM

16394976373AFF6143-E2D1-4765-A010-F942B3

135lbs) Unang Zemin (Roman Benson)

185lbs) Freddie Hart  (Callum Styles)

265lbs) Zac Zane (Golden Finch)

SUPER SMESH BROS***

1639156873smeshing.jpg

TEAM 1

135) Lester Green (James McCarthy)

replacing - Tim Riggins (Izzy Fisher**) - grounded by parents and not allowed online

185) Adrian Adamos (Scott Bandz*)

265) Marcel Thibodeaux (Dakota Thibodeaux)

TEAM 2

135) Rickson Bravo (Kento King

185) Gord Ryan (Jason Swanson)

265) Danyaal Zahedi (John Wayne)

*Currently under investigation over allegations of manager poaching

**Currently under investigation of accepting bribes and bringing the tournament into disrepute

***As of 27th November 2021 all allegations of wrongdoing were cleared by an independent investigator 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Have been speaking to a couple of people and debating the sizes of each team this year but I have decided to keep it at three (as painfully sad as a three man team is) 

I've also finalised the three weight categories which are listed in the first post. (135lbs, 185lbs & 265lbs)

The 380k turn is getting very close so any teams that want to start finalising themselves, now is an ok time I guess. 

I will have as many testing events as necessary for people but obviously getting the exact dates right is going to be an issue. I'll try to keep on top of it though.  

• Upvote 2

Brotherhood is fielding an open spot for 1 person who wants to run with the king of tournaments (me) and my in game bromigo Joe.

I always fill the heavyweight (265 lb) so you and Joe can choose who has the other spots

Last year we participated with team panda and ended 11th if I'm not mistaken so this year we fielding a team of our own

• Upvote 2

380k is practically here. Looks very likely to happen either today (Sun 7th Nov) or tomorrow (Mon 8th Nov)

Just to reiterate that this season of the Alliance World Championship is an 380k tournament. That means any fighter from 380k onwards is eligible to participate (so long as they meet the other criteria i.e 18 years old and correct weight) 

Some new dates to add to your tycoon calendar. 

January 1st 2022 - Final Entries to the tournament. Gives everyone almost two months to test and train and decide their teams/fighters

February 6th 2022 - Tournament start. This gives everyone around three months to train and gives me a month to prepare fight schedules and all that other good stuff. 

Cheers all!

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, scottxbandz said:

PUT SMESH BROS IN FOR THE TOURNAMENT GOT 3 MEMBERS

My good sir. I will do this the MOMENT you link your manager account to your forum profile. It vexes me greatly. One could even say that it triggers me. 

Otherwise it would be very nice to have the Smesh Bros making their AWC debut.