HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT

clydebankblitz

Highland $6 Million Tournament

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 19th

Round 2   Group A

Novak (Jack King) vs Reznikov (Master Leader)

Round Two starts off with Novak, riding high after his first round victory is wanting to carry that momentum against Reznikov, who is looking to recover after suffering a loss of his own. These men have an incredibly similar style preferring more of a grappling game and possessing matching Blue Belts in BJJ leaving little to the imagination of how this clash will shape up. Novak has a slight height and weight advantage, and might also be carrying himself with a little more confidence heading into the cage. Whether his confidence helps continue Novak's winning ways, or if it leads to complacency in underestimating Reznikov will play out before the crowd that Friday night!

Campbell (Jet) vs Wick (Marius Catalin)

The long lean Wick takes on Campbell in the second match of Group A. Wick is a boxer with a large reach advantage over Campbell who, despite his wonderful wrestling skills, ended up tapping out of his first fight of the tournament. Campbell can match the wrestling abilities of his opponent but combines it with high end Muay Thai skills very effectively. Will Campbell knock out a second competitor in a row, or will Wick put him to sleep. Either way this should prove to be one of the most exciting matches of the evening seeing two skilled strikers squaring off against each other.

Round 2   Group B

Sims (Jimmy Normal) vs Guapo (Rob Devastation)

Group B sees Sims (1-0) take on Guapo (0-1) in what will be the second career match for both men. Sims has respectable boxing skills which led to his first round knockout, which may have been a bit of a surprise considering he possesses a Brown Belt in BJJ making him a dangerous ground opponent. Guapo was stopped in dramatic fashion in the second round which seems to have greatly affected his confidence. Should he be able to rebound psychologically he has the tools to outperform Sims both in boxing and wrestling, which could be the advantage he needs to secure his first win. It will have to wait to be decided in the cage as  there are too many unknowns to call a favorite this early.

Lamez (Maurice Simmons) vs Xeng (Blaze King)

Lamez will be looking to rebound from a first round loss, while Xeng will be looking to extend his own winning streak. Lamez is the larger man, though how much it will come into play remains to be seen as he prefers a ground game with his superior wrestling skills and Brown Belt in BJJ giving him an advantage over his opponent. Xeng meanwhile would rather keep the fight going in the clinch, where he hopes to batter Lamez unconscious with his wondeful Muay Thai skills. This match will come down to location, should Lamez be able to take it to the mat it should pave the way to victory; if not Xeng will be able to have his way in the cage.

Round 2   Group C

Friedman (Rodrigo Rojas) vs Durden (Hector Bautista)

Friedman (0-1) and Durden (1-0) are physically alike, Friedman has a Blue Belt and Durden a Brown Belt in BJJ and that's where the similarities end. Friedman lacks any striking skills but has a solid wrestling background making him dangerous on the ground. Durden's BJJ makes him a threat on the ground despite not having wrestling experience, and couples that with boxing proficiency making him a threat standing as well. Friedman will truly have his work cut out for him to secure the win he needs over Durden to get back into contention in the tournament.

Kashi (Scott Bandz) vs Winner (Shape Shifter)

Kashi comes in to round 2 fresh off of a second round knockout. while the tall, gangly Winner lost after going the distance in his first round matchup. The road to victory is pretty clear for each man in this matchup. Winner will be looking to grapple and submit the smaller Kashi, as he relies on his wrestling skills and a Brown Belt in BJJ. Meanwhile Kashi is going to focus on striking from the clinch where he has control with superior wrestling and Muay Thai skills, though it may be a bit of a challenge to strike the towering Winner in the head for a knockout.

• Like 2

16341082173242.jpg

Jerry "The Officer" Short (379233)

"Sterling Sonnen, man! Do you feel your shit in your tight pants? Pathological junkie who should be in prison now... Holy fuck... Interesting opponent. My wife would beat you in less than 2 minutes. After the fight I will arrest you for sure, and you will go with my friends to the place you should be since long, long time! See you sooon... Bastard!"

• Upvote 1

And just like that we're already onto our final fight card for each group stage's first match up.

THE MATCH UPS

GROUP H

Ryan Rafferty (Mickey Rafferty) Vs Seamus Murphy (Aydan The Wandering Spirit)

Tom Finn (G Wad) Vs Oscar De La Douche (Ben Hornby)

IMPLICATED BETS

G Wad - 50k G Wad at 1/5

EVENT PREVIEW

Group H - Fight 1 Preview (By Jason Swanson)

Highland $6 Million Tournament

Group Stage Matches for Nov. 21st

Round 2   Group D

Malig (Jason Swanson) vs McCallen (Juice Box)

Malig enters the second round of the group stage after his round one victory, while McCallen looks to rebound from a first round loss. Malig will be looking to take the fight to the ground where his Brown Belt in BJJ and respectable wresting skills can be put to use. McCallen is a pure striker, skilled in both Boxing and Muay Thai, and with his reach will be looking to fend off the smaller man. Will this be a repeat of round one where the grappler makes the striker tap, or will McCallen land a decisive shot to change both the match and his momentum in the tournament?

Suzuki (Judo Beau) vs Valentino (Lek Buddah)

Suzuki hopes to continue his win streak against another striker in Valentino, who dropped his first match of the tournament. No doubt in my mind Suzuki will be shooting in for a quick takedown and submission as befits his advantage in Wrestling skill and his Purple Belt in BJJ. Valentino will need to use that reach advantage to land some punishing blows against Suzuki coming in with his Superb Boxing skills. Much like the previous match where the fight takes place will decide the outcome, on the mat or standing.

Round 2   Group E

Thibodeaux (Dakota Thibodeaux) vs Lilja (Gurra Granat)

This second round clash will feature Thibodeaux (1-0) against Lilja (0-1) in an important matchup for both fighters. This should shape up to be a bloody stand up war fought from the clinch, as both fighters are proficient in Muay Thai, with Lilja holding a slight edge. Thibodeaux meanwhile has the advantade in wrestling so could try to control the clinch, or maybe take the fight to the ground for some good old hammerfist action. Either way this should be a stand out matchup between these fighters!

Jack (Thomas Forrester) vs Naarden (Optimal)

Jack (0-1) and Naarden (1-0) square off in the cage for an epic ground battle in this fight. Jack is a bit larger in height and weight than Naarden, and will be looking to use his Wonderful wrestling skills and Blue Belt in BJJ to control the ground game and score a win. Naarden meanwhile cannot match the wrestling skills of Jack, though he is talented in his own right, but will be looking to use his Brown Belt in BJJ to squeeze out a win....pun intended. Let the ground war commence!

Round 2   Group F

Colon (Johnny Lee) vs Einar (Dan Bull)

Colon takes to the cage looking to continue his momentum from round one while Einar hopes to change his fortune as in the first round he came up short. Colon has a strong wrestling game and is proficient at Boxing as he demonstrated making quick work of his first opponent. Einar has Respectable wrestling combined with Wonderful Muay Thai skills that should help him control and punish Colon should he get him in the clinch. That will be the big question in this fight, will Einar make it into the clinch or be caught coming in and become another victim of Colon?

Short (Roman Benson) vs Sonnen (Tristan Finch)

The outspoken and media favorite Short will be looking to enforce his own brand of law against Sonnen in this second round match. Short has respectable Wrestling skills combined with a BJJ Brown Belt to make him a dangerous man on the ground, top or bottom. Sonnen meanwhile has the advantage with remarkable wrestling skill to go with his BJJ Purple belt. This will be another ground war where the outcome could be decided in a second by one small mistake. Will Officer Short continue his winning ways, or will Sonnen be the one to stop the trash talking cop?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Luciano: "first I wanna tank da man above for protection and blessings , next I wanna say tanks to my braddahs at KingsJiuJitsuAcademy for da great camp being there since day 1 , lastly I wanna tank my manager for taking me in and seeing da champion in my blood. das 1 down 2 more to go and I'm in da next round! LETSCRAP!"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

And just like that, we've went through all of the first round match ups. We've seen some big KOs, some upsets and some boring clashes. How has everyone's first round been? Are there any clear favourites breaking out yet?

GROUP A

1632139254-STOCK.png

GROUP B

CAP2.png

GROUP C

CAP3.png

GROUP D

CAP4.png

GROUP E

CAP5.png

GROUP F

CAP6.png

GROUP G

CAP7.png

GROUP H

CAP8.png

Manny “Da Technician” Luciano

• Upvote 1

As quoted from CM -

My predictions after Round 1;

GROUP A 1. Jet 2. Master Leader 3. Jack King 4. Marius Catalin

GROUP B 1. Blaze King 2. Jimmy Normal 3. Rob Devastation 4. Maurice Simmons

GROUP C 1. Scott Bandz 2. Shape Shifter 3. Hector Bautista 4. Rodrigo Rojas

GROUP D 1. Judo Beau 2. Jason Swanson 3. Juice Box 4. Lek Buddha

GROUP E 1. Optimal 2. Dakota Thibodeaux 3. Thomas Forrester 4. Creepy Carebear

GROUP F 1. Johnny Lee 2. Roman Benson 3. Golden Finch 4. Dan Bill

GROUP G 1. Hare Rumpler 2. Kento King 3. Joe Outlier 4. Ben Greedy

GROUP H 1. Aydan The Wandering Spirit 2. G Wad 3. Mickey Rafferty 4. Ben Hornby

*cannot be held liable for any predictions as it is not an exact science. No slight intended to any managers not predicted to win/place in their bracket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, venom09 said:

As quoted from CM -

My predictions after Round 1;

GROUP A 1. Jet 2. Master Leader 3. Jack King 4. Marius Catalin

GROUP B 1. Blaze King 2. Jimmy Normal 3. Rob Devastation 4. Maurice Simmons

GROUP C 1. Scott Bandz 2. Shape Shifter 3. Hector Bautista 4. Rodrigo Rojas

GROUP D 1. Judo Beau 2. Jason Swanson 3. Juice Box 4. Lek Buddha

GROUP E 1. Optimal 2. Dakota Thibodeaux 3. Thomas Forrester 4. Creepy Carebear

GROUP F 1. Johnny Lee 2. Roman Benson 3. Golden Finch 4. Dan Bill

GROUP G 1. Hare Rumpler 2. Kento King 3. Joe Outlier 4. Ben Greedy

GROUP H 1. Aydan The Wandering Spirit 2. G Wad 3. Mickey Rafferty 4. Ben Hornby

*cannot be held liable for any predictions as it is not an exact science. No slight intended to any managers not predicted to win/place in their bracket.

Miracle if I make it through instead of Jack King

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MasterLeader said:

Miracle if I make it through instead of Jack King

I've actually been underestimating Jack since I didn't really know him. Just checked his all time stats and they're much better than I thought. I'd imagined with similar builds you're have the experience edge to maybe steal the fight, but it'll be a close one now.