Manager rating system

Icon73

I'm tired of putting up with abuse from whiney demanding managers so I'm now going to expose those who chose to be an asshole.

EDIT: I have removed the details of this situation as the manger has apologized but my 1 statement still stands

I honestly think managers should be able to get a rating from org owners just like orgs get a rating from managers. Do you guys agree and would you want this implemented?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

• Icon73 changed the title to Manager rating system
42 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

I'm tired of putting up with abuse from whiney demanding managers so I'm now going to expose those who chose to be an asshole.

EDIT: I have removed the details of this situation as the manger has apologized but my 1 statement still stands

I honestly think managers should be able to get a rating from org owners just like orgs get a rating from managers. Do you guys agree and would you want this implemented?

i think this would be a beneficial addition..

2 minutes ago, saklain said:

Lool, I would actually want this. It will make it very interesting. But at the same time, some org owners will just give a bad rating off of not liking the manager.

this is truly not different than people giving 1 star reviews because you offered them a hard fight or just did something in general you may not have liked.. There are some people when i was recruiting that perhaps if they would have had some sort of ratings in place i could have avoided.. anyways. i think there is potential for abuse as well but the idea on the surface is good to me.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, scottxbandz said:

i think this would be a beneficial addition..

this is truly not different than people giving 1 star reviews because you offered them a hard fight or just did something in general you may not have liked.. There are some people when i was recruiting that perhaps if they would have had some sort of ratings in place i could have avoided.. anyways. i think there is potential for abuse as well but the idea on the surface is good to me.

I mean any rating system has potential for abuse. Happens IRL with restaurants Yelp's and such or with banks and people giving them 1 star cause they are in debt.

Thing is there is no counter balance RN. Org owners are basically at the mercy of Managers RN. Ive by experience been held hostage for a release by having 4 of their fighters give me 1s to tank my rating. I have had this happen about 4 times but the worst was just because I told them I didnt feel they were the right man for the job to run Cali MMA because he didnt want to use discord which just wouldn't have fit with what we were trying to do.

He also threatened to beat me up IRL and do so with numerous other managers, his name is @Brocc Ogan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 11/1/2021 at 11:58 AM, Icon73 said:

I truly believe it's up to the org owner to cultivate the culture he wants for his org. Don't want difficult managers in your org? Convince them to meet you halfway or release them if you have to. 

As far as org ratings go, I think word of mouth carries far more power than a few malcontents or trolls trying to tank an org's satisfaction rating. Personally, I'm playing Tycoon to let off some steam from rl bs. I am not trying to let difficult people get in the way of that. Just my dirty two cents.

Considering that some managers are 100% role playing ALL THE TIME and acting like a shit talking maniac (which comes off as rude and is not good for interpersonal communication outside of smacktalking on the forums) I would kind of discourage this kind of thing and I think it's a bad idea because of that. Obviously I'm not one of those managers but what I previously mentioned combined with misunderstandings people have like asking for more training time or negotiating for more money, sometimes org owners develop a grudge for little things that shouldn't really matter and have biases against certain managers even for inter-alliance grudges or even being affiliated with certain alliances that themselves had a bad reputation in the past but has managers within that are actually good and may not even know about their shady pasts.

Anyways I think it's not a good idea because some org owners and managers are whiny bitches (no offense). There are valid reasons for holding a grudge or cutting ties with certain people for sure and Lord knows most managers don't know what org owners have to put up with but if we start a ratings system like this, the petty shit will get lumped together with the legit shit and end up being a shit show. 

So no, please for the love of God no!

23 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Considering that some managers are 100% role playing ALL THE TIME and acting like a shit talking maniac (which comes off as rude and is not good for interpersonal communication outside of smacktalking on the forums) I would kind of discourage this kind of thing and I think it's a bad idea because of that. Obviously I'm not one of those managers but what I previously mentioned combined with misunderstandings people have like asking for more training time or negotiating for more money, sometimes org owners develop a grudge for little things that shouldn't really matter and have biases against certain managers even for inter-alliance grudges or even being affiliated with certain alliances that themselves had a bad reputation in the past but has managers within that are actually good and may not even know about their shady pasts.

Anyways I think it's not a good idea because some org owners and managers are whiny bitches (no offense). There are valid reasons for holding a grudge or cutting ties with certain people for sure and Lord knows most managers don't know what org owners have to put up with but if we start a ratings system like this, the petty shit will get lumped together with the legit shit and end up being a shit show. 

So no, please for the love of God no!

These are all fair points. The incident that sparked this question was fairly legit reason to dislike a manager. I was given a ultimatum of release or title shot from a guy and when I explained with sound logic why he wasn't getting it and need another 2 fights I was met with a tirade of profanity laced insults and told I was handed everything ive ever had and I'm trying to be Dana White.

You are right though, I know a couple org owners who just complain about every little thing managers do. I never understand peoples hate for giving guys more training time when they are not top division contenders who hold things up.

But I will say managers will do a plethora of really annoying or difficult things and yet have no real leway for org owner mistakes.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Icon73 said:

These are all fair points. The incident that sparked this question was fairly legit reason to dislike a manager. I was given a ultimatum of release or title shot from a guy and when I explained with sound logic why he wasn't getting it and need another 2 fights I was met with a tirade of profanity laced insults and told I was handed everything ive ever had and I'm trying to be Dana White.

You are right though, I know a couple org owners who just complain about every little thing managers do. I never understand peoples hate for giving guys more training time when they are not top division contenders who hold things up.

But I will say managers will do a plethora of really annoying or difficult things and yet have no real leway for org owner mistakes.

For sure, that's fair. Some people cannot be reasoned with and don't understand the ranking system. Others are just mentally ill and verbally abusive.

Even I have had fighters that, because I set them to "hype themself" after their fights end up being a top ranked contender in terms of p4p and division ranking but only top 3-5 in the orgs division due to popularity factoring in for top contenders so I have often wondered and even asked/demanded a title shot, not realizing that there are other contenders that have precedence over my fighter. In my mind I just figured that the actual ranking, which is based on hype was what mattered most but when u have more hype and ranking but another is above you in the division due to popularity then apparently that guy has more of a claim to a title shot than the dude right below him even though technically speaking the higher ranking should mean you are actually better.

But that being said, I have never gotten into arguments or verbal abuse about that kind of thing, it's really more of a negotiation or rather just asking when I can have a title shot, if not the next title shot then I'd be next in line so it would come down to taking more time to train and wait or facing another opponent before going for the title. I usually decide to wait it out so as not to jeapordize my chances with a potential loss.

Since recently coming to an understanding about hype and popularity boosts after a fight I probably won't even be running into that issue from now on.

So anyways, at the end of the day the way I see it is that if a manager is bad and has lots of problems with people, for sure people are going to talk about it and you will find out and be warned about it on the forums. If you feel bad about the argument or the abusive language against you, just know that when it escalates to such extremes so quickly then it's more than likely that you are not in the wrong.

And basically I stand with my opinion that it would not be neccessary to have a manager rating system, since we pretty much already have something pretty close with our community on the forums.

34 minutes ago, Lefty said:

In my mind I just figured that the actual ranking, which is based on hype was what mattered most but when u have more hype and ranking but another is above you in the division due to popularity then apparently that guy has more of a claim to a title shot than the dude right below him even though technically speaking the higher ranking should mean you are actually better.

There's a variety of things that come into play for offering title shot.

Ranking and win/loss streaks are usually the priority, mix in fight history, but sometimes that hype+pop combo is a variable X in the formula when matchmaking.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rambo said:

There's a variety of things that come into play for offering title shot.

Ranking and win/loss streaks are usually the priority, mix in fight history, but sometimes that hype+pop combo is a variable X in the formula when matchmaking.

This. You CAN factor in hype/pop because those contribute to the bigger events of course. But matchmaking like that lone is like sticking Conor McGregor in for the belt every time. If I've got a Charles Oliveira on a good win streak more deserving, 99 out of 100 they'll be the one in the title shot.

Head to head record is important too. Nothing worse than forcing two fighters to compete over and over again instead of giving them something new to consider. Keep it fresh.

11 hours ago, Icon73 said:

Yes managers should get ratings. Some managers are very unpleasant. 

On 11/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Mannetosen said:

Yeah, let's give the forums posse another way to do their little witch hunts.

I think its hilarious that you of all people like to bring up a posse or Bullying. When your so attached to the pee little gingers nuts that you are automatically apart of his posse at all times. Not mention you posted a while back about people calling others snitches, yet it's no problem at all when KKKarter brings it up.

See the source image

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

I think its hilarious that you of all people like to bring up a posse or Bullying. When your so attached to the pee little gingers nuts that you are automatically apart of his posse at all times. Not mention you posted a while back about people calling others snitches, yet it's no problem at all when KKKarter brings it up.

See the source image

Who pissed in your cornflakes today?

3 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

I pissed in them, cause there cornflakes. Who eats that garbage?

Fair point. They're really bland.

And I kinda fail to see what the point of your little meltdown was. Even if you think I'm somehow likely to use a manager ranking system for anything at all (I don't use the forums downvote function or org rate function either because I'm not 12), wouldn't that validate my argument that it'd only lead to cunty behavior?

Orienting anything in a game around popularity is dumb as shit in general imo.

I think your talking out of your ass. Congrats, you just hang from Karters nuts, and pretend to be the most normal/harmless person in the room. 

Lets break down where you are getting this info of me Downvoting orgs? Then theres downvoting people, get over it crybaby! It's here for us to use, if I don't agree with something I will let it be known. Same could go for the part of Sat Ratings with org, its there some people use it. I gave SFL a 1 cause of his shady org contract dealings. There just that, shady as fuck. Personally I could care less if either of these two topics, Sat Rating or Upvote/downvote are around.

What else do you got? 

20 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

I think your talking out of your ass. Congrats, you just hang from Karters nuts, and pretend to be the most normal/harmless person in the room. 

Lets break down where you are getting this info of me Downvoting orgs? Then theres downvoting people, get over it crybaby! It's here for us to use, if I don't agree with something I will let it be known. Same could go for the part of Sat Ratings with org, its there some people use it. I gave SFL a 1 cause of his shady org contract dealings. There just that, shady as fuck. Personally I could care less if either of these two topics, Sat Rating or Upvote/downvote are around.

What else do you got? 

I'm not surprised you think these are great functions.

3 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

What Downvote and Sat Rating? There stupid and meaningless and have nothing todo with what i am calling you out for.......... Your a H-Y-P-O-C-L-I-T ok. Who really has the low brain Capacity here? 

Other then that, what are you talking about here Braindead?

So, let's work a little on your reading comprehension.

My entire post was about not giving the posse another tool for their little witch hunts. If you think I'm also part of the posse, that's fine. I have no problem telling people they're being idiots, just like you're being an idiot right now.

What I don't like, however, is passive-aggressive BS. Anonymous downvotes and ratings provide exactly nothing of value. I personally wouldn't give a shit if I got a negative manager rating because it would most likely come from someone like you, and I don't really care what you think about me.

I've seen enough people throw fits over downvotes and org ratings to know how this would end. People would either start abusing it, or someone would get their feelings hurt. Either way, it contributes absolutely nothing positive to the game.

I fully expect you to write more about gingers, cocks and balls, but I'm not really interested in responding to you anymore. Have a nice evening and enjoy your little temper tantrum.

57 minutes ago, Mannetosen said:

So, let's work a little on your reading comprehension.

My entire post was about not giving the posse another tool for their little witch hunts. If you think I'm also part of the posse, that's fine. I have no problem telling people they're being idiots, just like you're being an idiot right now.

What I don't like, however, is passive-aggressive BS. Anonymous downvotes and ratings provide exactly nothing of value. I personally wouldn't give a shit if I got a negative manager rating because it would most likely come from someone like you, and I don't really care what you think about me.

I've seen enough people throw fits over downvotes and org ratings to know how this would end. People would either start abusing it, or someone would get their feelings hurt. Either way, it contributes absolutely nothing positive to the game.

I fully expect you to write more about gingers, cocks and balls, but I'm not really interested in responding to you anymore. Have a nice evening and enjoy your little temper tantrum.

You sound like you give a shit, Karen.

3 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

Same could go for the part of Sat Ratings with org, its there some people use it. I gave SFL a 1 cause of his shady org contract dealings. There just that, shady as fuck. Personally I could care less if either of these two topics, Sat Rating or Upvote/downvote are around.

I gave your mom a 1. too much teeth.

2 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

R.825788730461a5733c951e5e075e22c0?rik=69PVs2nEofCAtg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

how she looked after the money shot

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I gave your mom a 1. too much teeth.

how she looked after the money shot

Mommy jokes already. Looks like Karter is a 12 year old child. So I guess I will stick to talking to him. 

She was a gummer actually, Ask your dad he is the one who told me. I met him when I was searching for my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.