Outlaw M.C.

Bleakardor

Outlaw  -  170 Showdown Round 1  -  Results

1637724703Outlaw%20170%20poster1.jpg

Well Outlaws, round one is in the books of the 170 Showdown and it did not disappoint!  I wasn't planning on doing a write up for both the preview and review, but since we have a few flying the Outlaw banner who seem to like to cry, I figured we'd go the extra distance and try to keep as many happy as possible.  Wearing leather is not supposed to be chaps with naked asses, but I guess a few out there don't like the way real men do things or just don't have a clue how things are done in an org.  They'll learn, or they'll move one.  

Before we jump into the individual fight breakdowns, a quick shout out from our sponsor over at Mile High Nutrition.

1636231442Mile%20High%20.jpg

Hey man, it's simple.  If you want the best supplements you can buy, check out Mile High.  They have everything you can want from Energy loss to Weight gain.  Every product is always in stock and always 160q.  Never pass up the chance to catch a buzz with the cheapest supplements in the game today at Mile High!

And now to jump into the action!

Cole Orion  DEF  Dean Winchester via Submission (Guillotine) in round 1.  (Sub of the Night)

Ok Outlaws, Cole came out talking shit about what he was going to do to Dean, and he backed it up.  The crazy part is, after the fight, we learned that Cole is a bleeder!  I guess we could have seen it coming if we had considered his lost eye.. That had to be a bloody "sight."  

Dean is all about the supernatural, but he has to face his own ghosts after this loss.  Standing, he would have had a good chance at taking this fight by opening up a cut and putting on a show.  But within seconds of the bell ringing, Dean shoots in and scores a takedown which played right into Coles hand.  Cole then worked the ground game and was able to eventually lock in a Guillotine and choke out Winchester.  But, let's give Winchester the credit here.. he's an Outlaw, and he didn't tap out.  

Toke Axelsen  DEF  King Cooper via KO (Punch) in round 2.  (KO of the Night)

I tell you what.. in the future when I say someone knocked the shit out of someone else, you can refer back to this fight to know exactly what I'm talking about.  Because Axelsen came out the aggressor here before Cooper even knew what was going on, Axelsen dropped him to the canvas like a sack of potatoes.  I mean, we're talking about 15 seconds into the fight.  But Axelson wasn't finished and waved Cooper back to his feet.  
It didn't take Cooper long to realize that standing with Axelson was not going to be in his best interest and got himself a takedown just before the first minute.  A few minutes on the ground with a few submission attempts, and a trading off of reversals, but in the judges eyes that knockdown was worth the points and the first round was locked up by Axelson.

After a short pep talk from his cornerman and manager, Axelsen came out in the 2nd round looking to counter Coopers takedown attempts and did so beautifully with an uppercut followed by a cross.  Cooper clung to Axelson's leg in a desperation attempt to get the fight to the ground and avoid more damage, but Axelsen sent Cooper to the ground with a nasty ass right hook, but did not follow.  This time, when Cooper made his way back to his feet, another nasty ass hook from Axelson put Cooper out cold before Cooper even hit the mat for the third time.  Axelson was fired up after the brutal KO and gave all the credit to his coaches and manager for that between round pep talk.

Raining Blood  DEF  Moe Telsiks via TKO (Strikes) in round 1.

Holy shit.. did Raining Blood make it rain or what?  I mean, within seconds, his opponent, Telsiks, was bleeding.   In about 30 seconds later, Blood had focused on that cut and opened it up even more and had Telsiks looking like a used tampon dangling on a string before landing a brutal hook that put Telsiks down in a pool of his own blood.  Then, not to let Telsiks bleed out before having his way, Blood jumped on top of him and started raining down a barrage of strikes that would make Tito Ortiz cringe..  Outstanding job by Raining Blood!  Talk about Show No Mercy!!!

Mohammed Abul  DEF  Beanin Jiet via Decision (Unanimous).  (Fight of the Night)

This fight took fight of the night as it went the distance and overall was a better (two way) fight than the others on this card.  The first round was a hippie hug fest as these two bounced into and out of the clinch all round, and I mean literally all round.  Abul got the better of the exchanges, and scored an easy win with the judges.  

The second round started the same way, both guys super active and beating the shit out of each other but ended up bouncing in and out of the clinch a few times before Abul got cut.  Jiet had Abul rocked and on the defensive but Abul was able to break the clinch and regain his composure before Jiet could do any more damage.  Towards the end of the round, Jiet took the fight into the clinch again and put his knees to work landing a huge knockdown of Abul.  Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time left in the round to take advantage and Abul survived the round.  As far as pure damage done, Jiet dominated the round, but in the overall points on the judges scorecards, Abul outclassed Jiet.  Sometimes, these fights are just fucking crazy!

Third and final round gets under way and it's another clinch fest.  Jiet obviously looking to use his deadly knees to finish off his opponent, and Abul having learned his lesson in the second round wanted no part of them.  When not in the clinch, Abul absolutely picked apart Jiet landing 31 head strikes.  Jiet never threw a punch outside of the clinch, hell, he never threw a punch at all.  He was 100% about the knees and was either going to KO his opponent or lose due to lack of variety.  Landing 11 out of 47 knees from clinch just wasn't enough to score the points and he loses this one to decision 30:27.

Results of the other fights on this card:

Main Event:

Cedric Pollard  DEF  Bogdan Kireyev via TKO (Strikes) in round 2.

Pollard came out in this fight throwing haymakers and looking to finish his opponent.  Truly taking the "Show No Mercy" slogan to heart.  And that's what we love about him!  After the first round, Kireyev took the round as the more efficient striker, but Pollard was out for blood, and out for a finish.   He's not to keen in leaving fights in the hands of the judges.  Those guys can be bought off with a bottle of scotch and  2-bit hooker, after all!

The second round gets under way and looks almost identical to the first, but just before the 3 minute mark in the round Pollard lands a head kick that even though Kireyev partially blocked, still managed to knock him silly and rock him.  Pollard kept applying the pressure and even though he wasn't landing clean shots, he was doing enough damage to drop his opponent and finish Kireyev in just a few seconds over 3 minutes into the third round.

Co-Main Event:

Apollinaire Aury  DEF  Thomas Smith via KO (Punch) in round 1.

Speaking of knocking the shit out of someone, Aury did not want to be outclassed by the brutal KO put on display earlier in the night.  He came out swinging for the fences and from the start had Smith on the ropes.  Smith looking for the takedown, but was not able to get the fight to the ground until he was laying on his back trying to regain consciousness.  Here we are, two days later, and I'm still not sure that Smith knows what hit him in that fight.  If Aury keeps putting on displays like that, he's going to be a feared man for years to come.

Playboi Guerrero  DEF  Enrique Castillo via Submission (Kimura) in round 3.
Manny Shooter  DEF  Angus Morrison via TKO (Strikes) in round 1.
Remco Evenpoel  DEF  Jesse James via TKO (Strikes) in round 1.
Caio Carvalho  DEF  Marty Corninger via Decision (Unanimous).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of inactivity as it's been crazy at work with the holidays and all.  But, I'll be updating the 205 bracket and sending out fight offers for the 2nd round shortly.

I'll go back and do a post even review for the event since I didn't have time to do the initial preview.  

• Upvote 1

1639181989205%20Poster1.jpg

Curly Bill Brocius  DEF  Boko Haram via KO (Punch) (KotN)

When Haram walked into the arena looking like a tribal rebel terrorist hybrid, I was a bit on edge as to what he was going to do.  I sure as hell didn't want to see what he was capable of if he lost.. I mean, seriously, who the hell brings an AR into a MMA arena.  I have later been told it wasn't loaded which is why security let it through.. but really guys, that's a bit overboard on the theatrics, don't you think?

Curly came in with the swagger of a champion just waiting to take care of business.  He had this confident walk about him that was rather surprising for such a young fighter.  But, confidence is a huge boon to a fighter.  And as this fight kicked off, he showed the entire arena why.

Brocius was the stronger of the two fighters and used his strength to his advantage as he physically dominated the fight by pushing it into a clinch and holding it there as he went absolutely ape shit on poor old Boko.  Haram managed to land just one strike from range and was so focused on trying to defend the barrage of strikes from Brocius in the clinch that he wasn't able to get anything but a few half hearted strikes off that didn't even land.  Once in the clinch, Brocius was throwing lefts, rights, shots to the body, head, chest, kidneys and even a few shots to the soul of Haram.  Three and a half minutes into the fight a big shot landed that put Haram on the ground, dazed and confused.  Brocius fell on top of him behind the weight of that massive strike but jumped back to his feet with a smile on his face and waved his opponent to his feet.  Just as Haram stood, Brocius faked a body shot and instead launched a hook that put Haram out cold, earning Brocius KO of the Night honors.

Santino "Santi" Cabal  DEF  MJ Frolich via KO (Punches) (FotN)

Right out of the gate, Frolich initiated a clinch and the entire first round stayed in the clinch as Cabal was happy to oblige.  Unfortunately for Frolich, Cabal dominated in the clinch and took the first round easily.  One thing I like to teach my fighters is if you initiate a clinch, you better be the more aggressive fighter in the cinch!  Otherwise, you're just giving away points!  Round two seemed much the same, Frolich hell bent on keeping the fight in the clinch and even though Cabal broke it a few times, Frolich was right back to man hugging.  And just like the first round, Cabal was the more aggressive fighter in the clinch dominating the points to close out the 2nd round.  Having both the first and second round in the judges books, Cabal knows he can coast through the 3rd round and the pressure is on Frolich to finish at this point.

I guess this is why Frolich decided NOT to clinch in the final round and stay at range where Cabal was able to truly shine.. well, I guess that's not entirely true, he did try to clinch, but Cabal was like a wild man swinging for the fences and circling out of the attempted man hugs from Frolich.  Also, it was apparant that in the 3rd round, Frolich was completely gassed and often trying to catch his breath.  But, Cabal felt a little empathy and wanted to help him out so about a minute and a half into the final round, instead of dancing with the judges, Cabal decided to go ahead and let Frolich take a nap by way of a nasty combo that put Frolich on his heels that he followed up with a couple of powerful jabs that put Frolich to sleep using the cage as a pillow.  I almost told the ref to let him sleep for a little while, but his mom was in the crowed and we couldn't have her too worried about her baby!

Excellent domination of a fight by Cabal, beating his opponent at his own game and then after getting the crowed into it, finishing the fight in highlight reel fashion.  Frolich will be back, for sure, but he may want to talk to his manager about his use of strategy and clinch tactics.  This could have been an entirely different fight... or it may have ended in a quicker finish.  Who knows.

Big Slice  DEF  Woodie Maykit  via TKO (Strikes)

Ok, so sometimes early in a fighters career, they feel the need to prove themselves and go all out.  Sometimes, this leads to them being picked apart and schooled by the judges, other times, it leads to a 1st round KO in brutal fashion and bright lights flashing as the media starts talking of the next big thing... This time.. it's the next Big Slice...

Now, it's hard to call a fight a completely dominated one sided affair when it only lasts 25 seconds, but that's exactly what this was.  Maykit managed to attempt one single takedown and failed at it setting the stage for Big Slice to do a Big Slice of damage.  Slice opened up with a power shot to the keyster and Maykit quickly realized he wanted nothing to do with that power so he went in for the takedown which Slice stuffed easily.  After that, it was a Slice affair.  Slice stuffed and countered the takedown with another vicious shot and followed it up with two more shots, the last of which was an uppercut from the depths of hell that accomplished Maykit's game plan of getting the fight to the ground.  Unfortunately for Maykit, he was laying on his back with the massive Big Slice on top of him pounding him into submission until the ref managed to pull him off.

It's hard to say what could have been for Maykit.  We didn't get to see his skills in action at all.  But man, what a potentially bright future we can start to daydream about for Big Slice.  With that KO, he's definitely one of the fighters to watch as this tournament advances to the semi-finals at the end of the month.

Kane "The Boss" Thoupos  DEF  Kritoff "Salty Boy" Ajer  via KO (Punches) 

And yet, another 1st round finish as these two fighters square off for their shot at that 1 million cash prize and the gold strap that accompanies it.  It was clear Thoupos wanted to set an example and live up to his nickname of "The Boss" as he was dropping bombs.  The dude was swinging with everything he had (probably to not be outdone by Slice) and man, Ajer was just not ready for that.  Ajer didn't want to be at range with Thoupos as he tried to initiate the clinch a few times, and we can all see why.  He took one nasty shot from Thoupos and was already bleeding. The next series of strikes by way of combo finished the job as Ajer went to sleep at some point in the middle of the combo awarding Thoupos the KO (Punches) victory at only 30 seconds into the first round.

Other results for this card:

Henry Dustfinger  DEF  Remco Evenpoel 

Chyenne Little Dove  DEF  Apinya Arthit

Senior Coles  DEF  Charles E. Boles

John Fisher  DEF  Mike Barnes

• Like 1

1639889873Outlaw%20170%20poster1.jpg

Outlaw 9

Ok Outlaws, we are just days away from the semi-finals of the 170 showdown that will feature the future of the 170 division's gold.  Down to the final four, each of these outlaws have a 25% chance of not only becoming the first ever crowned champion in Outlaw history, but also walking away with a 1 million cash prize!  Let's jump into the fight breakdown of these two fights, and a quick glance at some of the other action on this card. 

170 Semi-Finals

Cole Orion (2-0) vs Toke Axelsen (1-0) 

Co-Main Event

Man, what to say about this one..  Cole Orion has been through the grinder, for sure.  His prison accident cost him an eye so he had to get a third eye tattooed on his forehead to compensate.  I can't imagine the pain of losing an eye, but damn does it make him look like a badass.  But just purely on suggestion here.. maybe an eyepatch dude?  In his last outing, the first round of this tournament, Cole looked the underdog but that didn't stop him from talking a big game and backing it up in the cage.  Although he's a standing striker, he managed to take advantage of some ground work to tap out his opponent in what has to be the shock of the tournament so far.  Either that man has some serious luck coming from that third eye, or he's deceptively skilled in areas that just don't show up on paper.

Toke came into this tournament will balls of steel having not tested himself out prior to the tournament.  He could have been a glass joe for all we know, but boy, did he show up for his manager's faith with a brutal KO finish in round 1.  His first round fight, and MMA debut, had him manhandle Cooper from the start.  Displaying some true power and vengeful brutality, Toke will look to carry this momentum into the 2nd round against Orion.  

When you compare these two on paper, they look about as evenly matched as you can get.  With both having focused on the standing striker game, don't expect this fight to go to the ground unless someone gets their lights turned off.  Based off the first round, I'd venture to say that Axelsen won't follow Orion to the ground if he knocks him down.  Seems too much like a trap to do so... just ask Winchester.  But who knows, maybe Orion is baiting his opponent and just giving him more to think about.. you never know with those 3rd eye types.

Outlaw's Pick:  Toke Axelsen via TKO 

This is hard to pick as Orion seems like he's more than capable of winning.  A slight edge in overall stand up skills, but with the power that Axelsen displays, I just think he's going to land that big shot to put Orion on his heels, and from that point on, it's not going to be pretty.  But don't get me wrong, Orion has every bit the chance to win this one too, but there can be only one...

Raining Blood (2-0)  vs  Mohammed Abul (2-1)

Man, what a match up we have for you in this one!  Talk about a slug fest!  Both of these fighters performed beyond measure in their first round victories with lethal force and a true no mercy attitude.  Raining Blood lived up to his name as he made his opponent bleed all over the cage.  Abul took the more technical approach as he used precision and accuracy, along with a good mix of his strikes to score points and take the victory from the judges.  This style seems to be favored of late, but at these fighters early stage of their careers, it's not likely their defenses are up to par enough to completely rely on this.  So I look for Abul to be the more defensive and technical fighter in this one, and he'll need to be because Raining Blood is out for Blood.  

On paper, Blood also has the skills advantage as he appears to be a very quick study of the game.  This looks like it's going to be an uphill battle for Abul, but with manager PJ Jones in his corner, I'm sure he's got a game plan in place to counter Blood's style.

Outlaw's Pick: Raining Blood via KO

Much like my previous pick, I just think Blood's ruthlessness will win the day here.  The man is on a mission and not looking to play pillow fighting with anyone.  He's gonna come at you and come at you hard.  He took to heart the Show No Mercy slogan of Outlaw MC and will ride that into the championship round. 

Main Event

Manny Shooter (2-0) vs  Anthony Ruiz (4-1)

In our main event of the evening, Manny Shooter puts his perfect 2-0 record on the line against newcomer Anthony Ruiz.  Ruiz will be making his Outlaw debut after a 4-1 QFC record.  Both fighters match up pretty well with Ruiz having dabbled in the dark arts of BJJ.  But I don't see this fight going to the ground unless by way of knockdown or knockout.

Outlaw's Pick:  Manny Shooter via TKO

Unless shooter knocks Ruiz down and follows him and gets caught in an armbar, I think Shooter will find a way to finish this one.  The man has been power hungry and looking to fight anyone, anywhere, as fast as possible.  I don't know if he just loves to fight or if he needs to repay a loan shark, but his enthusiasm for the sport is unrivaled.  

Cleetus Miller (1-1)  vs  Bogdan Kireyev (2-1)

In his Outlaw debut, Miller scored his first ever victory via KO.  With that newly found confidence, he'll look to face off with the dangerous Bogdan Kireyev who has no shortage of confidence himself.  Coming off a loss last outing, snapping his 2-0 start, Kireyev will be hell bent to turn things around and get back into the win column.  This, of course, sets up what should be a fantastic match up between these two warriors.

Outlaw's Pick:  Kireyev via TKO

Miller may be good, but Kireyev has shown more in his career so far.  Not to say Miller isn't capable of winning, but I haven't seen enough out of his young MMA career to justify a pick for him over Kireyev.

William H Bonney (1-0)  vs  Thomas Smith (0-2)

This fight looks like an easy one sided affair based on one simple fact.. Bonney comes into the fight well conditioned and with full morale where Smith has not gotten his morale back up since his last fight.  This fight was originally a filler fight to fill up the card, but now is looking like it may not have mattered if there were 9 fights or 10 with this being the 10th.  Smith's manager has been inactive for over a week now, and this likely is the reason for this unexpected turn of morale.  Maybe he'll come back as there is still enough time to turn it around...

Outlaw's Pick: Bonney via KO

Caio Carvalho (2-0)  vs  Playboi Guerrero (1-0)

Well, what do we have here?  A little smack talk on the event thread!  Carvalho made a quote, calling out his opponent in a big way.  

Caio Carvalho Quote : "Guerrero is a good guy. He wants to be the best and I respect that. But he doesn't impress me. In his last fight, he beat a guy that even my grandmother could have beaten... No really, he has no chance against me..."

One thing is for sure, Carvalho is lacking no confidence.  And Guerrero is staying quiet and I'm guessing he'll look to answer in the cage.  Skill wise, this fight is pretty even, but it appears that Guerrero has been working on his standing game a little as Carvalho has stayed true to the wrestling game.  If this goes to the ground, which it almost certainly will, that wrestling edge will make a difference.  But as long as they stay standing, Guerrero will have a slight edge.  That means if this goes to the judges, Guerrero most likely will have the points to score the victory.  This could be a very good fight, or it could be a 40 second quickie.. I guess we'll see this weekend.

Outlaw's Pick:  Carvalho via submission

This fight will end up on the ground and his wrestling will just be too much for Guerrero to overcome.  The fight will eventually turn into a sub spam event which will lead to the eventual tap out. 

Joseph Mama (0-0)  vs  Butch Cassidy (0-1)

This matchup is a striker vs grappler affair.  Mama being a pure grappler and BJJ specialist will look to take Cassidy to the ground and tap him out with a quickness.  Cassidy is a striker and at this stage of his young career likely doesn't have a lot of defensive ground skills trained up, so he'll need to do whatever it takes to keep this fight standing.

Outlaw's Pick: Mama via submission

This is just one of those situations where unless Cassidy has a hidden away takedown defense skill I just can't see it not going to the ground.  And once there, it's pretty much over. 

King Cooper (0-1)  vs  Dean Winchester (1-1)

Each of these fighters were eliminated from the tournament in round one, but find themselves looking for a shot at redemption to work their way into that #1 contenders spot and a chance to be the first challenger to the eventual new 170 champ.  There are a few fights on this card that fall into this category, don't know why this one stood out to me other than I remember the trash talk that took place between Orion and Winchester before their match up and how Winchester was defeated by an unlikely submission.

These two are pretty evenly matched with Cooper having an edge on the ground, and possibly a slight edge standing but every so slight.  It's hard to give either of these guys an advantage in this one if it stays standing.

Outlaw's Pick:  Winchester via TKO?

This is hard.. by logic, I want to pick Cooper.  But from what I know of Winchester's manager, Izzy Fisher, she finds a way to win.  Skill wise, Winchester is the underdog, so it's very likely, hell.. even probable that Cooper will win.  But, my gut is telling me to pick Winchester here, and since I won't get to eat until I'm done with this write up, I'll feed my gut the only way I can for now...

Beanin Jiet (0-2)  vs  Moe Telsiks (1-1)

Another fight that has two fighters eliminated from the first round but trying to earn that top contender spot has Jiet and Telsiks squaring off.  This fight will kick off the night and it will be up to these two fighters to get the crowd going and anticipating the rest of the event.  Jiet is a MT specialist with some Wrestling skills where Telsiks is a Wrestler through and through.  This is a classic striker will win unless it goes to the ground match.  But again, I haven't seen enough out of either of these fighters to know what their true styles will be.  At this early stage, many are still learning what works for them.  So Telsiks could be a GnP guy, or Subs guy.. or could be just building a foundation for a hell of a clinch game down the road.  Jiet, well, he could be a MT striker, or a clinch guy.. but what he is not, is a grappler...

Outlaw's Pick:  Jiet via TKO

This is probably the wrong pick as I almost always go with the grapplers early on in their careers.  But if Jiet can stay back and land some counter power shots to counter Telsiks takedown attempts, he could land that shot to end the fight in brutal fashion.  And that's what I'm going for here.. Counter takedown attempt that rocks Telsiks, allowing Jiet to brutalize him until the ref steps in to stop it.

Show No Mercy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

jWflGB6.png

The title fight is set!  Two outstanding fights that went the distance and both were highly rated by those in attendance.  These warriors did not disappoint.  Toke Axelsen will be facing Mohammed Abul next month in the finals!

I will have a write up of this event done tomorrow at some point.  Outstanding job by each of those fighters.  Tycoon Judas, I'm sorry I jinxed Raining Blood!  I thought you were going to finish that one towards the end!

• Upvote 2

In the semi-final round of this tournament bracket, I was absolutely floored that neither of the final fights ended in a finish.  Both went to the judges and both were an absolute ware.  I predicted a KO or TKO victory in each of these and both proved me wrong, so wrong..

Due to still being under the weather, I don't have a lot of time to spend on these fights, so let's jump into this abbreviated version of our showdown wrap up.

1639889873Outlaw%20170%20poster1.jpg

Toke Axelsen  DEF  Cole Orion

Cole had the upset of the tournament in the first round when he pulled off a submission victory over Dean Winchester.  Toke proved he was one of the alpha males with his domination of his first opponent.  Both fighters were out to earn that gold, and possibly more importantly, that cash prize that comes along with it.
The first round was a close, and very good round between these two warriors.  Each came out throwing punches and neither backed down.  The fight stayed standing the whole time Axelsen took the round via points on the judges cards in a 10-9 display.  Very close round.

The second round started the same way with Orion initiating a clinch just before the one minute mark.  Axelsen seemed to like the way the fight was going from range and quickly broke clinch.  The rest of the round was trading blows between the two fighters as the crowed remained on their feet.  Axelsen landed a nice combo at the 4 minute mark which opened up a cut on Orion's third eye (forehead, perverts...).  All in all, another close round that went to Axelsen 10-9 on the judges scorecards.
In the third round, knowing he was down 2 round and needing a finish, Orion looked to step up his game, but so did his opponent.  There's no defensive fighting in Axelsen's game and he just decided to match aggression.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.. right?  A good mix of strikes from each of these fighters for the first few minutes and another click visit to the clinch and the fight looked like it was going just the same way it had been until we finally got  a power shot landed for Axelsen that knocked Orion senseless.  The crowed was already on their feet as a collective gasp fell over the crowed as Orion staggered backwards, but a roar of cheers as he defended by launching a series of kicks at his assaulter.  Unfortunately for him, it was too little, too late, and the points were already written down.  Unfortunately for Axelsen, he didn't let loose with that killer instinct to finish the fight and was content to let it go on to the judges knowing he had the fight in hand.

Mohammed Abul  DEF  Raining Blood

The fight that I had completely wrong in both type of victory as well as fighter who would walk away with his hands raised, Abul and his manager PJ Jones had no plans on letting this play out as I had predicted.  

Raining Blood was my pick to win via a nasty KO, and don't get me wrong, we almost had that outcome.  After a full 3 rounds of dancing in and out of the clinch and trading blows, Abul was scoring points in bunches when finally Blood landed a nasty jab that rocked Abul.  With just over a minute left in the fight, the whole crowed thought this was the moment where Raining Blood made it rain, well... umm.. blood.  But Abul recovered nicely and made it to the final bell where he would have his hands raised and knowing that he was moving on to the title fight.

I cannot take anything away from either of these fighters as they both let it all hang out there tonight.  Raining Blood was oh so close, but Abul showed he's more than just a ladies man and he's out to be a rich ladies man with a gold strap around his waste.  What a title fight we have lined up next month between Abul and Axelsen!

Manny Shooter  DEF  Anthony Ruiz

I swear, I never expect to see a draw, especially in our main event!  Manny Shooter and Anthony Ruiz duked this one out and two of the three judges had it scored dead even 29-29 and the final judge giving a slight edge to Shooter.  Ruiz did a better job mixing up his strikes in all as Shooter went very heavy on the kicks.  But, neither fighter was able to separate himself from the other and we'll have to see these two guys scrap again in the near future to settle this score.

Bogdan Kireyev  DEF  Cleetus Miller

Finally, a fight with a finish!  And Kireyev wasn't about to let this one get out of the first round.  He dominated this fight from the start seemingly imposing his will on Miller by initiating the clinch, making him bleed, and beating him senseless.  It only took two and a half minutes to inflict enough damage to force the referee to step in and save miller.

William H. Bonney  DEF  Thomas Smith

As I mentioned in the preview, the outcome of this fight was not in doubt.  With a manager who went inactive and a fighter who was not prepared mentally to step into the cage, a quick 43 second knock out was the result of this unfortunate fight.

Caio Carvalho  DEF  Playboi Guerrero

Another fight to go the distance, which honestly is a bit surprising with the amount of trash talking that Carvalho did leading up to this fight.  I would have expected him to come out swinging for the fences to prove his dominance and get the finish.  But, it was not to be.  Our judges got a full workout tonight as this fight looked like a CWC match with oily men flopping around on the ground battling for position.  This was a very close fight as all three judges scored the fight 29-28 for Carvalho.  This is another fight we may see revisited in the future.

Apollinaire Aury  DEF  Playboi Indigo

Another quick finish here (which we love) as Aury came out with a plan and inflicted the pain on Indigo for a full two minutes.. yeah, that's all it took.  After that, he winked as his lady friend and landed a huge right that knocked out Indigo cold.  The man was asleep before he hit the ground.  Huge KO by Aury.

Joseph Mama  DEF  Butch Cassidy

Another fight predicted as Cassidy had no ground game to compete with Mama and once this fight went to the ground (about 5 seconds in) we already knew it was over.  Just a bad matchup but props to Cassidy for accepting the fight to help fill out the card.

King Cooper  DEF  Dean Winchester

Another quick fight, but this time ending with a beautiful Guillotine.  Winchester lost his first fight and was eliminated from the tournament by being submitted.  Now, in his second fight, his path to redemption was cut short by another tap out as he got caught in a guillotine by Cooper.  

Moe Telsiks  DEF  Beanin Jiet

Our first fight of the evening lasted about two and a half minutes.  Jiet came out and initiated a clinch and cut Telsiks within the first few seconds.  It stayed in the clinch for another minute or so with Jiet dominating until Telsilks managed to get the takedown into half guard.  From top position, he was able quickly work in a submission and catch the arm of Telsiks to force the tap out.

This card leads us to the final round of the 170 showdown which will crown not only the first 170 champion, but the first every champion in the history of Outlaw Martial Combat!  And the fighter that straps on that gold will also get a nice little deposit to his bank account of a cool $1 million cash!

There are a few other fighters here that will carry on to the next card as they look to position themselves to become the first #1 contender and challenge for that belt, so make sure you tune in to the final round next month as these warriors continue to put it all on the line for the blood, glory, and gold of Outlaw!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 47Indigo47 said:

(Manny Shooter Quote)- "I want my rematch against Ruiz, I don't give a **** where or when, I should have had that win but it's cool. I'm a man, I can go a second time. Is Ruiz man enough to do the same???"

You've got it!  I figured you'd want that rematch after that draw.  Assuming your opponent accepts, I'll book it on the next card.

As for our #1 Contender bracket, here's a look at the bracket for who will be fighting for that top contender spot to be the first challenger.  Now, I will also offer to add both Raining Blood and Cole Orion to this if they are interested..

joEhe1G.png

• Upvote 2

I posted a poll in the tournament section to discuss/vote on our next tournament.

The format will be a Round Robin style tournament.

The reward will be 6 months VIP.  (or 3 months for 2 tournaments)

The weight class to be voted upon will be 145, 155, 185, or 265.  

Please visit the thread and cast your vote if you would be willing to participate so I can start setting it up!

1641608529205%20Poster1.jpg

Hello Outlaws!

Welcome to the semi-final round of our 205 showdown!  Our Light Heavyweights come ready to throw down in this action packed card to find out what two fighters will rise to the occasion and put themselves in the title fight for the first ever 205 belt and that big 1 million cash prize!

Sponsoring this event will be Mile High Nutrition.  The company that has been bringing you the top quality supplements (160q) for all of your supplement needs.  Rather you need energy, to bulk up, cardio help or to gain/lose weight, they have a full list of 160q supplements at the lowest price around!  Check out Mile High Nutrition for all of your supplement needs in New York with free shipping world wide.  Cheapest prices on the planet so send in your bulk orders today!

Main Event

Big Slice (2-0) vs Kane Thoupos (1-1)

The main event is one of our two 205 tournament fights putting Big Slice against Kane Thoupos.  Kane has already come out and declared himself the winner of the whole thing, so Big Slice will have his work cut out for him.

With a KO victory over Kritoff Ajer in the first round, Kane has all the confidence he needs to end Big Slice's night early.  He's already shown he's got the power to put his opponent to sleep, and now he's got the confidence to go along with it.  He will come out swinging for the fences and if Slice doesn't have the right game plan in place, he could very well find himself on the losing end of an early finish in this one.

Big Slice, however, has also won his first round via TKO over Woodie Maykit.  This makes him 2-0 in his career and he's not going to take Thoupos lightly.  With Tycoon Judas as his manager, and his teammate Raining Blood falling short in this very same round of the 170, you can expect Big Slice to come out and put on a show and try to keep his team alive in this huge fight.

Who will come out on top in this battle of the beasts?

Outlaw's Pick - Kane Thoupos via TKO

Well, his manager already came out saying he was going to win and I don't want to jinx Tycoon Judas again by predicting his boy to win, so I'll have faith in my alliance mate and go with Kane to raise the dead, and raise his arms in victory at the end of this fight sending him into the title fight next month.
Co-Main Event

Curly Bill Brocius (2-0) vs Santino Cabal (1-0)

Both of these fighters have had success early in their careers, but one of them will go home with a loss in this one.  Brocius was not playing around in round 1 where he KO'd his opponent Haram and helped send that fighter and his manager parting ways as Haram finds himself as a free agent after his loss.  Brocius is a real outlaw, carrying on the legacy of his namesake who was known for being in on the assassination of Morgan Earp.  This night, he'll be looking to assassinate Santino Cabal and advance himself to the title fight.

Santino Cabal also put on an impressive display in the first round with a KO victory over MJ Frolich.  He came out with a ruthlessness that earned him KO of the Night honors after that fight and will look to carry this momentum into this semi-final round against Brocius.  If he has spent as much time at the gym as he has the Vegas strip clubs, he could be able to make good on that desire and pull of the win to advance himself to the title fight.

Outlaw's Pick - Curly Bill Brocius via KO

I'm going out on a limb here and picking both Syndicate managers to advance.  I mean, this is Outlaw so how could I pick against a notorious outlaw like Brocius?  No doubt Cabal will be out to prove me wrong and he's very capable of doing so.  But there can be only one....

Main Card

Bartlomiej "Bread" Brett (0-1)  vs  Rock "Mo" Lester (1-0)

Well, what can I say about this one?  I'm sure Rock will come out looking to make it 2-0 and "Mo" Lester his opponent's Bread.  Guess you can say he wants to butter his bread?  I've got nothing...  Lester is a known boxer and will be hard hitting and looking score another TKO victory as he did in his QFC debut.  This will be his first showing in Outlaw so tune into this fight to see how he performs under the lights.

Brett lost his first fight against Rock Lester in the QFC.  These two both are newcomers to Outlaw but are squaring off in a rematch on the big stage.  Obviously, Lester has already proven he has what it takes to win this fight.  Now, Brett will look to even the score as he lays it on the line against Lester again and hopes to prove that TKO loss was just a fluke.

Outlaw's Pick - Rock Lester via KO

He's already done it once, and Brett doesn't look as though he'll be coming into this fight with full morale or energy.  There's still enough time to fix both of those, but I've seen nothing to prove that he will be able to do so by the end of the week.

Muenster Romano (1-0)  vs  Doug Simms (0-0)

Both of these guys are squaring off in Outlaw for the first time, Simms in his first ever professional bout while Romano has already gotten a win under his belt back at a professional sparring bout at TFC: Testing.  Don't read into that fight as it's not official, but a win is a win and looks good on the tale of the tape.

Romano is a wrestler who has started balancing out his striking skills to go along with his wrestling skills as he rounds into a solid MMA fighter.  I'm very interested to see what strategy he goes with in the cage against the unknown of Simms. 

Simms is more of a pure striker but his disadvantage at wrestling could be a huge factor in this fight.  He has the edge in striking, but with Romano's rapid advancement in the striking game, it's going to be an uphill battle for Simms to get a win in this fight.

Outlaw's Pick - Romano via TKO

I just don't see Simms having the gameplan to counter a strong wrestler here.  He could prove me wrong and land that KO victory, but I'm putting my money on the wrestler.

Undercard

Finlay McShane (0-0)  vs  Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov (0-1)

I said 0-1, so no.. it's not that Khabib.  That doesn't mean "The Eagle" won't come out and fight like the original though.  Under manager Marcus Crassus, I know he'll have the experienced gameplan to ge the  job done.  A ground specialist who just needs to work up his morale a little to cap it off before this fight and he should have a great shot at taking out McShane.

We know very little about McShane as he's never fought before.  Under newcomer manager K Britt, however, I don't doubt that he will come out and compete at a high level as Britt was a finalist for New Manager of the Year award.  McShane is also a ground specialist so this will be a grappling match no doubt.  McShane a BJJ specialist and brown belt taking on Nurmagomedov the wrestler.  What a match this could be!

Outlaw's Pick - Nurmagomedov via TKO (GnP)

I have no idea if Nurmagomedov is a GnP or submission specialist, but with his wrestling skills I would expect to see him working the ground game from the top and that usually involves some GnP action.  Against a BJJ artist off his back, Khabib will need to be mindful of potentially getting caught in an armbar if attempting GnP so I could be totally wrong with this pick.

Luke "Blue" Menzies (1-1)  vs  Darius Morgandorffer (1-1)

Both of these newcomers will square off and look to step into the win column after a loss in their last bout.  Menzies was eliminated from his QFC tournament in the 2nd round by submission and will be making his Outlaw debut on this card.  He's a balanced grappler with some wrestling and BJJ skills, but is most proficient in boxing.  His morale is a bit lacking so that will likely be a huge factor coming into this fight against Morgandorffer.

Morgandorffer is a pure grappler with a brown belt in BJJ.  If he keeps the fight standing, he'll be at the mercy of Menzies boxing skills.  However, with no striking skills to speak of, I would expect Morgandorffer to look to take this fight to the ground from the start and work over his opponent.  Both are evenly matched in wrestling, but Morandorffers BJJ brown belt will be a huge advantage in working for a submission once on the ground.

Outlaw's Pick - Morgandorffer via submission

I think the BJJ plays a huge role here, but an even larger factor is the lack of Morale from Luke Menzies.  If you have no morale, you have no chance.  Should be an easy win for Morgandorffer for that reason alone.

Devon Flee (0-0) vs Fookin Bum (4-2)

Ok, so this was a last second addition to the card as Devon Flee challenged Bum and asked for a contract specifically for this fight.  It's not often that an 18 year old project just starting out calls out a 25 year old, but this is exactly what happened here.  Bum, not looking to back down, accepted the fight without hesitation.
Looking over the fighters, I can see why Flee was eager to step into the cage with Bum.  Flee is very early on in his training and not yet very skilled, but he should be able to take out the older, more experienced fighter in Bum for a very simple reason.  Bum is a bum!  

Now I'm not one to talk trash about a fighter, but Bum has 0 morale.  And I mean, NO MORALE!  He's more skilled in all aspects than Flee, but with no morale you're practically a dead man walking.  Change your clothes man!  Work that morale up and give yourself a shot!

Outlaw's Pick - Flee via TKO

I mean.. 0 morale means you have 0 chance in my book.  It's not too late for Bum to get his morale up if he changes clothes daily, but he won't likely get it all the way full by fight time.  He can win this if he gets it close though.. but will he?

Woodie Maykit (0-2)  vs  Kritoff "Salty Boy" Ajer (0-1)

Both of these fighers were eliminated from the 205 tournament in round one, but they each are working the second bracket in hopes for a shot at redemption.  One thing I can say is at least one of these guys will get their first victory!  Ajer is a balanced striker but has practically no ground game to speak of.  He'll look to keep this fight standing and at range if he wants to get a win here.  

Maykit is the exact opposite as he's a wrestler through and through and if he gets this fight to the ground it's all over for Ajer.

Outlaw's Pick - Woodie Maykit via TKO

Again, no clue if he's a GnP guy or a submission artist, but I will always choose  a grappler over a striker if the striker has no ground game to defend.  

"Mustang" Mike Barnes (0-2)  vs  John "Jimmy" Puckett (0-1)

One of these guys will walk away a winner and finally have a smile on his face.  The other, well, it'll be back to the drawing board... again...
Pucket is not quite on full morale and that will be a hinderance to him, but hopefully he'll get that morale up in time for the fight to make this a good one.  He's a balanced fighter across the board, but has no strengths to help him win this fight.  No telling what game plan he'll deploy, but he'll need some luck to get the job done in this one.

Barnes, on the other hand, is in prime condition coming into the fight and even though he's also a balanced fighter, he has focused more on striking and will look to use his MT to earn himself the victory here.  He may work the clinch a bit, but it's still early on in his career and he's still working on strategy.

Outlaw's Pick - Mike Barnes via TKO

I just like the matchup here for Barnes.  On the ground, he could get caught in a submission, but otherwise it looks like he will dominate the fight.

Carey Bolden (0-1)  vs  Jonathan "Perroviejo" Jimenez Jimenez (0-2)

What a mouthful!  What was his mom thinking when she named him?  Jimenez, I mean...  With an 0-2 record you would think this man would be looking to win at all costs, but if the cost of winning is buying new clothes to keep his morale up, then I guess the cost is too high.  He's a superb boxer and strong wrestler, but his morale will hinder him more than his opponent will in this fight.

Bolden also lacks full morale, but he's at least around 90% which is much better than his opponent.  He's a balanced fighter across the board with a slight emphasis on his boxing.  That should be enough to help him take the victory here.

Outlaw's Pick - Bolden via KO

Thanks for tuning in and I hope you are as excited to see how this tournament plays out as we line up another future title fight in Outlaw Martial Combat!  Check back after the event for an updated bracket and post-fight write up!

• Upvote 3

15239900091207.gifAge sixteen: ladies and gentlemen, I have arrived.

I have been kicked out of 15 schools for fighting and I had no home. I then encountered my wonderful manager and he had no reservations about signing me to his roster. He even fronted a month's training fee and rent just so I wouldn't be homeless. My first official fight is on the 19th and while I respect all opponents, I must apologize for the bloodbath I shall bring.

• Upvote 1

1641608529205%20Poster1.jpg

Outlaw 10 - 205 Showdown - Round 2 Review

Another exciting night is in the books as the 205 division is one step closer to crowning their first ever champion!  And, that future champion is one step closer to becoming $1 million richer!!  Not only did those tournament fights show out, but we had some other great fights and great finishes on the card this night.

Fight of the Night
Santino Cabal  vs  Curly Bill Brocius
This was a hell of a fight.  There were several fights to consider for this award, but what ultimately made the decision to award this fight the award was simple.  Brocius rocked Cabal and Cabal recovered only to turn the tables and finish the fight by TKO in the next round.  That's the ultimate "back and forth" as far as I'm concerned

KO of the Night
Kane Thoupos
This award had several nominations too as 5 of our fights ended in TKO victory.  Unfortunately, none were actual KO victories as our judges were being over protective, but a good TKO is just as good as a KO... usually.  None of these 5 TKO's were particularly special, so the KotN award went to the fighter who performed the finish on the big stage under the brightest lights.  With this TKO, Thoupos locked himself into the title fight against Cabal next month.

Sub of the Night
Woodie Maykit
There were two submission victories so it was a 50/50 chance on who would win this award.  Neither one really jumped out at us when watching live, but when a guy gets to take your back and lock in a RNC, it shows he outworked his opponent and had the "show no mercy" attitude it takes.  Woodie won this award for his effort and ruthlessness.

We're going to try doing this a little different this time.  Normally, I start off with the Main and Co-Main events followed  by the rest of the card in reverse order of the fights.  But, we're going to mix this up and go in order of the fights, saving the best for last.

Undercard:

Carey Bolden  DEF  Jonathan Jimenez Jimenez via Unanimous Decision
Our opening fight of the evening had two fighters struggling to get started in their careers as they both were searching for their first win.  Bolden got the early takedown and started spamming submission attempts on JJJ that had the crowd booing to close out the first round.  Not exactly how we want to start off an event, but it is what it is.  In the 2nd round, JJJ initiated a clinch in which didn't slow down Bolden from getting another takedown.  JJJ got a nice reversal but I'm not sure anyone even noticed while hearing the announcement from back stage that JJJ had eaten all the pies!  What in the hell?  We had 15 pies on hand...   At least in this round, it was a bit more of a balanced fight and the crowed stopped booing, but still nothing exciting.  The third and final round, however we got to see something new!  JJJ came running across the cage and got a shoot takedown on Bolden!  Of course, Bolden didn't seem to mind as he fell into a submission attempt and they started doing their typical sweaty man hugging from the ground.  The fight went to the score card where all three judges scored the lop sided victory for Bolden.  Just to note, the only point JJJ scored the entire fight was his takedown.  He didn't score another point the entire fight.  Bolden, however, mixed things up on the ground and scored several points.

Mike Barnes  DEF  John Puckett via TKO (Strikes)
Our second fight of the evening should have been the one to kick the night off.  This fight had the fans on their feet and jumping and they were talking about it after the event was over.  Not even making it to the one minute mark, Barnes beat the snot out of Puckett with a good mix of strikes.  He was super aggressive and Puckett wasn't able to get a single shot off and failed at his only two takedown attempts.  Barnes, however, was a perfect 100% accurate with his strikes and he mixed them up well.  Only 56 seconds into the round, an overhand right dropped Puckett and Barnes showed that killer instinct and no mercy to finish off the fight.

Woodie Maykit  DEF  Kritoff Ajer via Submission (RNC) - SotN
And how do you follow up a quick fight like that?  Well, you don't.. not really.. but Maykit did his best to follow that up by showing what the first fight should have brought to the table on the ground.  Just over a minute into the round, Maykit lands his takedown into side control and quickly took Ajer's back.  In one of the quickest takedown to transition to submissions you'll ever see, Maykit locked in the RNC and made quick work of his hapless opponent!

Fookin Bum  DEF  Devon Flee via TKO (Strikes)
This fight started off with Flee showing some aggressiveness from range and working some jabs towards Bum's head.  Only landing one, however, before Bum took the fight into the clinch, it was all over from there.  Once in the clinch, Flee tried to work the body and go heavy on the elbows, but he looked like he was throwing them at ghosts as Bum was able to avoid all 16 elbow attempts.  On the flip side, Bum landed 17 of 27 strikes to Flees head which did it's job and finished flee off just over 2 minutes into the first round.

Darius Morgandorffer  DEF  Luke Menzies via TKO (Strikes)
Another in this stretch of first round finishes, this fight had a few impressive moves and a beautiful finish that was runner up for KO of the night.  After a missed head kick, Morgandorffer countered with a takedown into side control, but was unable to do anything with it as his opponent quickly escaped to hsi feet.  So, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.. and seconds later, Morgandorffer countered into another takedown, this time into guard.  Unable to escape, Menzies instead attempted a triangle and almost locked it up until Morgandorffer did his best Khabib impression and picked him up and slammed him back into the mat to break the hold!  A little more wrestling between these two until Morgandorffer took mount and started dropping bombs and rocked Menzies.  After a huge elbow landed and had the whole crowd gasp, the ref quickly jumped in to stop Menzies from getting brain damage.

Finlay McShane  DEF  Khabib Nurmagomedov via Submission (Triangle Choke)
One thing I've noticed is that fans don't have an appreciate for grappling in the MMA as much as they do in Catch Wrestling.  McShane came out of this fight with a gameplan and wasted no time putting it into play as by the 3rd ring of the bell he was already across the cage and into Nurmagomedov's half guard.  He started working every angle to lock in a submission but Nurmagomedov did a great job fighting off the attempts... until he didn't.  At the 3 minute mark, McShane locked in a triangle  that Khabib couldn't get out of this time and tapped out before going to sleep.

Main Card:
Muenster Romano  
DEF  Doug Sims via Unanimous Decision
And our main card starts off with another 3 round fight between Romano and Simms.  Coming into this fight, it was reported that Romano had been working on his cardio and was a cardio machine, so I guess he was ready for the duration.  Simms obviously wanted to keep the fight in the clinch, as did Romano, as all fight long he kept going back to it, but once in the clinch all he did was try to spam takedown attempts.  Romano was having none of it and landed a perfect 100% of his punches from clinch, but didn't manage to land any elbows or knees .  After 3 rounds, we went to the judges for the unanimous decision victory for Romano.  A dominating victory for the youngster.

Rock Lester  DEF  Bartlomiej Brett via Unanimous Decision
Oh, look!  Another decision!   I kid, I kid.. it is what it is.  If you can't lay the pipe down, then do your best to score points and bribe judges!  The first round was ack and forth with Lester dominating the round in points.  The second started off with a bang as Brett was rocked by a combination from Lester, but Brett was able to recover.. probably due to Lester's non stop combination attempts instead of waiting to land the big finishing blow.  Brett, after recovering his senses, did manage a takedown attempt that kept the fight on the ground for a couple of minutes, but at the end of the round a huge combo knocked down Brett, but instead of finishing the fighter off he waited a few seconds for the bell to ring and end the round.  Not sure if that was strategy or fear of going to the ground with Brett again, but no way a championship quality fighter would let that opportunity go to waste.  These guys are still young though, and this will be a learning experience.  The 3rd round got to the point where you start to wonder if Lester was just playing with Brett.  Opening up a cut and throwing a ton of combinations like he was working over a wall mounted punching bag.  Bouncing in and out of the clinch throughout the final round, combo after combo, the judges had an easy time awarding the decision to Rock Lester.

Co-Main Event:
Santino Cabal  
DEF  Curly Bill Brocius via TKO (Strikes) - FotN
And now, onto our co-main event!  This whole event was put together for these final two fights as the next two fights will set up the upcoming title fight and tournament finale next month!  Enter Cabal and Brocius, where only one man can advance.  This fight won the Fight of the Night award and both of these warriors came at it with everything they had.  Just over 3 minutes into the opening round, Brocius scored a nice counter jab that rocked Cabal.  He then attempted to move into the clinch but Cabal was able to push him away while staying offensive.  Somehow, he bought himself enough time to regain his senses.  Another in and out stint in the clinch and that was the end of the round.  Despite Cabal being rocked, he was the more aggressive fighter that opening round and the judges had him scored as a dominating round.  The second started the same way, Brocius taking the fight into the clinch for a couple of minutes before breaking.  Back and forth these two warriors traded blows until just before the end of the 2nd round, Cabal landed a counter punch that rocked Brocius and put him on his heels.  Brocius attempted to stay aggressive but Cabal was able to dance around and keep throwing counters until a big right put Brocius in real trouble as the ref jumped in to end the fight.  Great TKO victory for Cabal, and an absolute war between these two gladiators!

Main Event:
Kane Thoupos  
DEF  Big Slice via TKO (Strikes)  - KotN
And our main event of the evening!  The other fight to award the other contender for next months title fight!  The granite chinned Slice taking on the heavy handed Thoupos, and this one lived up to the billing as well!  It's worth noting that Thoupos has already declared himself the eventual winner of this tournament and upcoming champion, and he's put himself in position to do exactly that.  You would have thought this was Abu Dhabi as this fight lived in the clinch.  Each fighter had the desire to push the fight into the clinch and that's where 95% of the fight took place.  More of a dirty boxing match than a Muay Thai match though.  
Thoupos was no doubt the more effective fighter in the clinch working the head and body over with punches while Slice was head hunting with both punches and elbows.  unfortunately for him, he was only able to land 2 elbows and an underwhelming 9 of 28 strikes on head.  On the flip side, Thoupos dominated with just over 50% strikes landed with 43 of 81 strikes landed from clinch.
Just over the 1 minute mark into the 2nd round, Thoupos landed a huge right that dropped slice.  And, as the commentators said it best, that killer instinct kicked in and Thoupos finished off his opponent with a barrage of strikes from mount.  An absolutely dominating finish for Thoupos which earned him the KO of the Night award and a ticked punched to the title fight next month in the finale against Cabal!

I'll be looking forward to setting up next months card and booking this title fight.  Some of these fighters are already chomping at the bit to get a 2nd chance at this and will continue to fight for that #1 contender fight.  But, our first ever title fight at 205 has been set and it will be Kane Thoupos taking on Santino Cabal for the $1 million cash prize and that gold strap around his belt, and the right to call himself king of the mountain!

• Upvote 1

Outlaw 11 - Shooter vs Ruiz 2

1642552904ezgif-3-9d2df2f47a.gif

Hello Outlaws!  We have another exciting one coming to you from Wild Bob's Bar in Las Vegas tomorrow night, and this one is headlined by two fighters who look to settle a score that was left in the cage a few weeks ago as Shooter and Ruiz duked it out to a draw.

We haven't heard anything from camp Ruiz, but camp Shooter is chomping at the bit to get back in the cage and put down any speculation that Ruiz is his equal.  Also on tap, several other bouts between some young guys who are looking to establish themselves in the org early in their careers.

Unfortunately, a couple of the managers of some of the participating fighters have not been around  to work with their fighters, so we'll be taking  a look at those fights and watching to see if the fighters can adapt to the lack of management in their corner.

Before we jump into the fight breakdowns, a quick word from our sponsor...

New Standard Sports Nutrition
Mile High has rebranded into New Standard.  With the best products on the market at the lowest prices, it's time we set the standard with New Standard Sports Nutrition.  At only $100 per unit for all 160q supplements you could ever want, visit New York to stock up on all your supplemental needs.  Offering sponsorships to fighters of all levels, skills, and experience, New Standard invites you to test out our products with a sponsorship and free sample of supplements of your choice.  If you don't live in New York, it's fine!  Just order in bulk and products will be shipped directly to you or your manager in only 3 days, free of charge!
So if you want to be your best, take the best of the best by the best from New Standard!

Undercard:

Jesse James (1-0)  vs Frank WooWoo (0-2)

This fight already looks like a mismatch.  James comes into the fight prepared with full morale and energy while his opponent WooWoo looks like he just got WooWoo'd in the rear.  His morale is sitting at about 70% and his energy is nearly as low.  If this is how he comes into all of his fights, I could understand why he's 0-2 to start his MMA career.  We can only hope his manager steps in to help him regain as much energy and morale as possible before the fight.  If he's able to do so, he should have a decent shot against James if he can get the fight to the ground where he's got a significant advantage.  If it stays standing, especially with the morale and energy deficit, this fight could be over in short order.

Liam Mcgregor (2-1) vs Charles E. Boles (1-1)

Mcgregor is coming off a big win in his Outlaw debut over Senior Coles.  He won via decision but looked good throughout the fight.  He's fully energized and ready to go in this one, however there is one small hickup he's facing.. it appears that his morale is not up to par.  Sitting at about 70% morale, he'll hope to get that up another 10-15% before fight time if his manager can fix the situation.  

His opponent, Boles, is coming into this fight full morale and coming off a loss to Senior Coles who McGregor just defeated.  Boles would love to bounce back with a win here to prove the fight against Coles was a fluke.  He'll need to top off his energy before the fight, but there's plenty of time for that.  Both of these fighters are strikes, but Boles appears to have the edge in his striking prowess, however giving up the edge in a big way on the ground.  Mcgregor does have a win from submission, so he most likely will try to take this fight to the ground to finish off Boles and advance his record to 3-1.

Serghei Vasilescu (1-2) vs Johnny Ringo (1-1)

Man, what is it with these low morale fighters tonight?  Vasilescu comes into this fight on low morale and if he doesn't turn it around he may find himself at 1-3 after this fight.  To make matters worse, his energy is at 50% and no doubt Ringo will gas him out early in the fight and look to KO him in short order.  Vasilescu is a more balanced fighter with some ground skills, but his best skill is his Muay Thai.  Unfortunately for him, Ringo's strength is his Muay Thai so Vasilescu will probably need to get this fight to the ground to have a chance.. and guess what folks... that takes energy.

Remco Evenpoel (2-1)  vs James Butler Hickok (1-1)

Evenpoel comes in with a 2-1 record and a knack for finding a way to KO his opponents.  Coming off a loss to division standout Henry Dustfinger via decision, Evenpoel will be looking to get back into the winning ways as he faces off with Wild Bill Hickok.  Boasting wonderful Muay Thai and respectable Wrestling, Evenpoel could use his hands, feet, or the clinch to take it to Hickok in this one.  Ole Wild Bill better be on the lookout for that dirty clinch fighting!

Hickok is nearly the same build as Evenpoel but giving up the edge in Wrestling by a few points.  He does have a little more boxing experience in his arsenal, but if he gets into the clinch he'll likely be outworked by Evenpoel.  Don't expect to see this fight go to the ground as both of these guys like to stand and brawl and I have a feeling this fight won't go the distance.  All three combined wins between these two warriors come via KO and that's not likely to change tonight.

Keenwah Graines (0-0) vs Ian McGregor (1-0)

McGregor comes into this fight undefeated at a monster 1-0 record!  Oh, wait.. that was a QFC fight.  He'll be making his Outlaw debut tonight as he squares off against Graines.  Grains makes his Outlaw debut, but also his MMA debut.  He is 0-1, but that was a TWGC fight so as far as the MMA world is concerned, he's 0-0 as he walks into the cage.

Grains is balanced down the board with a little Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling, but he's a brown belt in BJJ and that will be his bread and butter.  No wonder he tried out TWGC first!  Not a surprise as to what he's going to be looking to do as he'll want this fight on the ground where he can lock in a submission and either snap or put his opponent to sleep.

McGregor also will be making his Outlaw debut but he's got the momentum of a win in his QFC debut and will hope to carry that over.  He's more of a striker with strong Boxing and competent Muay Thai, but he definintely gives up the edge on the ground in a big way.  One thing that stands out is his lack of morale.  Now it's not terrible, but about 80% is not idea going into the cage with any fighter.  The fact that he's got low morale after a win can only mean his manager and he have a disagreement of when to change clothes, or he caught his girl cheating on him recently.

Herpes McPenicillan (2-0) vs Gordon Andrews (1-0)

McPenicillan is 2-0 and was well on his way to a dominating start in his young Outlaw career.  With a win in his Outlaw debut back on Outlaw 7, McPenicillan now finds himself without a manger as his manager has gone MIA over the last month.  This is very unfortunate as his manager was a finalist for the new manager of the year award and looked to have a promising future.  We can only hope to hear back from Fisher again soon.

His opponent, Andrews, is also without a loss and making his Outlaw debut.  Normally, this would be a difficult fight for him but with having a manager at your side and being full energy and morale, this turns the tables and puts him as the favorite.  He's a grappler, brown belt BJJ, and no doubt will look to take McPenicillan down and tap him out in short order.

Main Card:

Cedric Pollard (2-1) vs Gic Panda (1-0)

Well folks, this might be the most boring fight of the night... I don't even know what to say here and there is no excuse for this one.  Pollard comes into the fight with no, and I mean NO morale.  We're talking 5% tops.. that's not gonna get it done.  Normally, that would guarantee you a loss.  But his opponent, well, his opponent is so tired he can barely stand up, let alone throw a punch!  The man has been training and working himself to the bone to the point where 1 shot to the shoulder would probably put him to sleep.  I'm not even going to say anything else about this one, these managers need to step it up!

Apollinaire Aury (2-0) vs Jose Castellanos (0-0)

Finally!  A fighter who's ready to go with a manager who's ready to show!  Aury comes into this fight locked, cocked, and ready to rock.  He's balanced across the board, but has a good mix of striking and ground skills.  He's a striker, but his ground defense is shaping up pretty well and he's put himself into the drivers seat at being the top contender in short order.  Already one of the top talents in the division, it's a shame we didn't see him in the tournament for the title.  But that's ok, he's at the top and if he gets the win here, he'll be the top contender and looking to take a crack at the belt once the new champ is crowned in a few weeks.

His opponent is making his Outlaw and MMA debut in this one and he will be facing a tough opponent.  He does give up the advantage in boxing and BJJ, but his Muay Thai and Wrestling match up very well against Aury.  Both of these fighters have solid managers, so this should be an outstanding fight.  And should Castellanos defeat Aury here, it would send him up the rankings with only 1 win under his belt from the hype gain he'd get.  Very exciting stuff!

Co-Main Event:

Bogdan Kireyev (3-1) vs Killer Return (5-1)

Our co-main event has two of our more experienced fighters squaring off with Kireyev bringing his boxing/wrestling mix into the cage to take on Return's Wrestling/Boxing mix!  These guys have the same skills, essentially, only Kireyev is focused on his boxing while Return is more focused as a wrestler.  If this fight goes into the clinch, it could be a solid fight with no telling who will get the edge.  Return should be able to control the action, but Kireyev will be more proficient with his striking.  One huge factor is that Return doens't have full energy and will need to rest up to get that as close as possible to maxing out before the bell rings.  Because if he doesn't, no doubt that Kireyev will take full advantage of that and finish Killer Return and leave him to his own nickname; Dead.

Prediction: Kireyev wins via KO

Main Event:

Manny Shooter (2-0-1)  vs Anthony Ruiz (4-1-1)

And now, for the main event of the evening!  The moment camp Shooter has been waiting for, and the reason many of these fans are in the seats tonight!  The rematch between Shooter and Ruiz to settle the untallied score as a result of the draw in their last bout!  These guys didn't want to wait, specifically Shooter as he went public with saying he was the better fighter and was disgusted with himself for not winning that first fight.  He's promised to make things right in the rematch and finish Ruiz off in a big way.  With both of his wins coming via T(KO), I don't doubt for one second that he's able to do just that.  He's a hard hitting boxer with some solid wrestling skills to back it up and knows how to end fights early.

But his opponent, Ruiz, has quietly amassed 4 wins.  The only downfall, they were all in the QFC.  His debut in Outlaw was the resulting draw against Shooter in their last fight.  Ruiz will look to prove Shooter wrong and get that 5th win, but he'll definitely have his work cut out for him in this one as his morale isn't quite up to par.  He matches up pretty well against Shooter in striking, though he prefers to use Muay Thai over boxing and BJJ over wrestling.  The overall edge goes to Shooter in skills alone, but he took it to a draw once before.  So we'll see what he can do this time.  We've had no word out of camp Ruiz about this fight, so maybe he's looking to be labeled as silent but deadly.  He is the hangman, after all.

Prediction: Shooter wins via TKO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for tuning into another preview presented by Outlaw M.C.  We strive to bring you great fights each and every week and bring new talent to the cage as often as possible.  In the works this weekend after this event will be the first ever rankings.  It's still early, so we may have to wait until the results of our title fights in the 205 and 170, but I'm going to start putting together a ranking order and we'll go from there.  More to come on that in the near future!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Manny Shooter quote- "So where the **** is my title shot? If beating the #1 pfp in Outlaw who happened to be in my weight class along with, 3 wins in a row. The first two being a week within each other. I don't know what does. Let's make this happen, the fans can get it done for me."

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2