SENSEI FC - smack talk thread

Curix

49 minutes ago, Bynum said:

I loved the write-up, but have to correct about Mellios that he is from the small European nation of Luxembourg.  It's a nation, not a region of Germany.

Everything else about the write-up is great, and everything else about Mellios is correct from the background information he asked for from which to write.

I think if you'll look closely at my edit, you'll see that I'm now denying having made that mistake 🤣

I whispered the main event fighters from the most recent event to get their input on how they view their fighters. I will be carrying the information that I gleaned on  Mellios into future write-ups to give him a cohesive story as his career progresses. If you want your fighter to have a background in his next preview, please feel free to whisper me in-game with anything you have.

But one disclaimer is that I will pull pieces out of your words, I won't quote you verbatim. I've had people tell me that their fighter is some elite master assassin that humbles himself by fighting down at the level of their opponent or is a former gold medalist or some other stuff. If your fighter has respectable wrestling, I won't write that he is a former Olympian lol typically I refer to anything below "wonderful" as being a former amateur.

You can send me your fantasy for how you view your fighter and I will do my best to put it in context though. I had one guy that was known for being a little over the top in his smack talk thread activity give me the most over the top responses for his fighter's background... rather than quote it seriously, I wrote it as though it was his kind of insane answers to an interview.

So yeah give me your material and I will translate it :) Also assume I'm a dumb American that doesn't know the difference between a city and a country. Sorry again K Britt!

• Like 1

And as for names... your fighter may be named something like "Kratos Tha God" but I will never write that you are the actual God of War. I'll simply say that your name is a coincidence or is a nickname a la Kimbo Slice. :)

I once had to write for a guy named "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" I just referred to him as a simple man that couldn't give his real name. And I wrote his name as Aa Aa.

• Like 1

16316851348012.gif

"Gloomy" Yasuda Takahiro (380343)

"It was a good perfomance. I did a lot! I did a lot to get the win, not maximum! Judges did a great job! I know my next opponent, so feel really excited bout that! I will rip your head off soon, mate! Remember. Keep your guard high and don't let me kill you, bastard! HEAD HIGH, GUNZ HIGH, GUARD HIGH, HIGH AS FUCK, MOOOOTHHHAAAFFFFUCKKKAAA!"

• Upvote 1

1636285481sensei-fc-raw7.gif

SENSEI FC 12: Mellios vs Andrade  was a mixed martial arts event held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 19, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

16441643191SJQUNr.jpg

[Undercard Bouts]

(Middleweight Division) Aki Nakatani (0-1) versus Shaun Wallace (0-2)

Round 1 – As our first fight of the night began, Shaun Wallace took the early lead. Circling on the outside, he began working long punches and kicks to keep Aki Nakatani at bay. Nakatani continually pushed forward but without throwing any strikes. As Wallace came forward to strike, Nakatani pushed forward and clinched. The two fighters circled and jockeyed for position in the center of the cage; Wallace fired off a couple of short punches to the midsection although Nakatani did well to smother the assault. Wallace broke free and circled away. Nakatani pushed forward and the two clinched up again. Wallace dominated in the clinch this time, pushing Nakatani against the cage and punishing the fighter with punches. For the majority of the rest of the round, Wallace dominated every facet of the fight both in the clinch and at range. Midway through the round, Wallace caught Nakatani with a big right hand that staggered him! Wallace followed it up with a lunging left hook that knocked the man out cold. Shaun Wallace def. Aki Nakatani via KO (Punch) at 2:44 of round 1!

CZGLWa6.png

(Middleweight Division) Shane Fergusson (0-1) versus Kojuro Kano (0-1)

Round 1 – Scottish Shane Fergusson came out to the soothing melody of bagpipes and drums which is always a popular sound in a crowded arena full of drunken fans of unarmed combat. We were promised a high level kickboxing match in this fight and these boys delivered. The entire opening round was spent fighting at a feverish pace. Punches and kicks, these boys brought it all. Although Kano seemed to have the higher output at times, Fergusson was landing the arguably heavier shots in this round.

Round 2 – This round was more of the same as both fighters were bringing it. Fergusson did well in the opening minutes but seemed to fade as time slowly ticked by. Meanwhile Kano seemed to catch a second wind and come on stronger.

Round 3 – Ferguson did well countering in this round but it just wasn't enough to overcome the volume of Kano. Kojuro Kano def. Shane Fergusson via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

e4DmX7g.png

After the fight, Shane Fergusson released this statement: "Congratulations to Kojuro Kano for his victory. He managed to handle his fight well... but I hope to have a rematch in a few months."

(Welterweight Division) Harley Bird (1-0) versus Vernik Dahl (0-1)

Round 1 – In this battle between two strong Jiu-Jitsu fighters, Vernik Dahl wasted no time in shooting in on the legs of Harley Bird. Vernik Dahl clearly dominated the grappling but Harley Bird defended well for three hard minutes before being caught in the fight ending armbar. Vernik Dahl def. Harley Bird via Submission (Armbar) at 3:20 of round 1!

IRXxjsn.png

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Callum Adams (0-1) versus Niven Grier (0-0)

Round 1 – Niven Grier wasted no time in shooting a telegraphed double leg takedown but Callum Adams easily avoided the shot. As the two fighters reset in the center of the cage, Adams threw a half hearted right hand that Grier avoided with some swift head movement. As the two fighters came forward at once, Grier landed a nice uppercut. Adams shook the punch off and reset before coming forward with a jab. Then another jab, followed by a right cross! Adams landed another jab and then tied Grier up against the cage. In the clinch, Adams dominated with short range punches. One minute in, Adams rocked Grier with a big uppercut. Adams smelled blood, going in for the kill with more punches. As Adams fired off more punches, Grier went down against the cage and the referee stepped in to stop the fight! Callum Adams def. Niven Grier via TKO (Punches) at 1:17 of round 1!

563RMHT.png

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Petr Sirotek (2-1) versus Dave Sub (0-0)

Round 1 – The two fighters met in the center of the cage and Petr Sirotek clinched with Dave Sub right away. Sirotek started working uppercuts in the clinch. Despite his early success, Sirotek broke the clinch. Seizing his opportunity, Dave Sub immediately scored a double leg takedown into the guard of Sirotek. Sirotek tried to wriggle free but Sub passed into half guard. Dave Sub postured up and then rolled for a leg lock! Sirotek popped his leg out and climbed into the top position, landing in guard on top! Sirotek postured up to start dropping ground n pound and Dave Sub immediately went for an armbar! Sirotek submitted to avoid harm. Dave Sub def. Petr Sirotek via Submission (Armbar) at 0:50 of round 1!

c1NQq0h.png

[Main Card]

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Max Planck (1-0) versus John Kowalski (1-0)

Round 1 – Max Planck wasted no time pushing forward and throwing a big power jab that busted open a cut over John Kowalski's right eye. Kowalski fired back with a body shot and tried to fire off a double jab but Planck slipped both shots. Planck came back with a big overhand right that knocked Kowalski unconscious! Max Planck def. John Kowalski via KO (Punch) at 0:09 of round 1!

9LIvnuq.png

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Shozo Amisaki (1-0) versus Pablo Asprilla (0-1)

Round 1 – The two combatants opened up right away trading strikes. After a fairly evenly balanced exchange of strikes for the first minute, Amisaki engaged Asprilla in a clinch. From this position, Asprilla dominated the remainder of the round.

Round 2 – Asprilla opened the round by throwing a wild hook that missed by a mile, then a jab that snapped the head of Amisaki back. Amisaki fired back with a chopping leg kick and avoided a jab. Amisaki clinched and worked his short elbows, but Asprilla quickly took control once again. Against the cage, Asprilla worked heavy punches and shoulder strikes while easily nullifying the offense of Amisaki. As Asprilla was working more big punches, Amisaki grabbed the Thai plumb and landed a huge knee to the face of Asprilla! Pablo Asprilla pulled back, covering his face with his arms, and Amisaki cracked him with a big body kick, and then another! Then, as Asprilla went to cover his midsection, Amisaki nailed him with a head kick that knocked him out! Huge comeback victory for Amisaki! Shozo Amisaki def. Pablo Asprilla via KO (Head Kick) at 1:31 of round 2!

zdDlNBx.png

(Middleweight Division) Nathaniel Lewandowski (1-0) versus Bob Allen (0-0)

Round 1 – Bob Allen started this fight by clinching immediately, but Nathaniel Lewandowski reversed and began pressing Allen against the cage. Allen tried to pull guard but Lewandowski controlled well. Midway through the round, Lewandowski broke the clinch and cracked Allen with a big body kick! Allen stepped back to take a big, deep breath. For the remainder of the round, Lewandowski put on a striking clinic against the untested Allen.

Round 2 – More beautiful striking from Nathaniel Lewandowski as he rode his bicycle, forcing Bob Allen to come to him. About thirty seconds in, Lewandowski dropped Allen with a big head kick! Lewandowski jumped into mount on top of his wounded, bloodied opponent. Although he didn't do much with the position, Lewandowski dominated the round, landing just enough punches to maintain the mount.

Round 3 – Bob Allen did well to defend himself in the early goings here. Although he managed to clinch briefly, Lewandowski quickly broke the clinch. Allen tried to shoot in for a takedown but it was stuffed with ease. Lewandowski began landing with regularity again. Midway through the round, Lewandowski dropped Allen with a big head kick! This time, Allen was allowed to regain his feet. As Allen pushed forward to clinch, Lewandowski landed a big hook that put him down! Lewandowski began raining down punches on his felled foe until the fight was gracefully stopped. Nathaniel Lewandowski def. Bob Allen via TKO (Strikes) at 2:45 of round 3!

yuqYXlx.png

[Co-Main Event]

(Featherweight Division) Yasuda Takahiro (1-1) versus Jevon Grimson (0-1)

Round 1 – An early clinch from Yasuda Takahiro started off our co-main event. Jevon Grimson wanted desperately to get back to range but Takahiro just kept nailing him with short punches and elbows. After nearly two minutes, the referee separated the fighters and a striking exchange ensued but for a moment as Takahiro clinched once again. This time, Takahiro stalled and controlled for the remainder of the round.

Round 2 – Second verse, same as the first; Takahiro dominated the fight using his clinchwork.

Round 3 – More of the same; Yasuda Takahiro holding Jevon Grimson against the cage and hitting him with punches, knees, and elbows to dominate yet another round. Yasuda Takahiro def. Jevon Grimson via Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25).

tISNdsU.png

[Main Event]

(Middleweight Division) Gabriel Mellios (3-0) versus Todd Andrade (1-0)

Round 1 – Our two main event grapplers met in the center of the cage, both looking to wrestle immediately! Todd Andrade shot in for a takedown that was stuffed by Gabriel Mellios! Again Andrade shot in for the legs of Mellios and again his efforts were for naught. The two fighters collided and Andrade tried to clinch but Mellios shoved him back, ducking under his arms to score a takedown into guard! After passing into half guard, Mellios began dropping punches! Body, body, head for Mellios who quickly followed it up by passing into full mount! Mellios postured up and began dropping big shots on Andrade, who quickly covered up and rolled to his side until the referee stepped in to stop it! Gabriel Mellios def. Todd Andrade via TKO (Strikes) at 1:55 of round 1!

y3zRYta.png

[After Action Report]

Fight of the Night: Kojuro Kano vs Shane Fergusson

Knockout of the Night: Shozo Amisaki

Submission of the Night: Dave Sub

Active Winning Streaks (2+ consecutive wins within SENSEI FC)

Gabriel Mellios (185) (4-0) [2/19] +

Viatus Enormis (135) (3-0) [1/29]

Shozo Amisaki (205) (2-0) [2/19] +

Yasuda Takahiro (145) (2-0) [2/19] +

Nathaniel Lewandowski (185) (2-0) [2/19] +

Vladamir Fedetenko (265) (2-0) [2/5]

Manuel Requina (135) (2-0) [2/5]

Pops Ceballos (145) (2-0) [2/5]

Lazor Kwiatkowski (265+) (2-0) [1/29]

Nikolai Kaspersky (185) (2-0) [1/29]

Juan Martinez (205) (2-0) [1/29]

Ant Thrax (170) (2-0) [1/29]

Izak Jeppesen (265) (2-0) [1/22]

Jin Mori (170) (2-0) [1/22]

Toby MacAlister (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Christopher Boyd (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Charlie Crucifer (155) (2-0) [1/15]

Joshua Whitlock (145) (2-0) [1/15]

Sugawara Ichirou (185) (2-0) [1/15]

• Upvote 4

On 2/19/2022 at 10:59 PM, StrayMMA said:

39w14.jpg

Shane Fergusson : "Congratulations to Kojuro Kano for his victory. He managed to handle his fight well... but I hope to have a rematch in a few months."

43b1.jpg

Kojuro Kano: "We may yet have that chance, and if we do, I hope Shane remembers that he asked for it"

• Upvote 1

SENSEI FC 13: Enormis vs Requina is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 26, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

1644760764B2bjDhJ_d.webp

[Main Event]

(Bantamweight Division) Viatus Enormis (4-0) versus Manuel Requina (2-0)

In our main event of the evening we have two excellent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitors duking it out to determine who will go on to fight for the championship gold. Viatus Enormis is a man that came from a troubled upbringing; bullied by his peers, he has found a new life in martial arts. Thanks to his fighting experience, Viatus is the picture of pure confidence and raw determination. He has declared himself the biggest star on the SENSEI FC roster and it's easy to see why: he is the #3 ranked fighter in the organization by most accounts, the #1 ranked bantamweight, and this writer has him ranked on his own personal unpublished list as the #1 bantamweight by way of accomplishments in the cage. Additionally, Enormis comes in second place for most fights and most victories in the organization. He is tied with two others for most submissions in the cage.

Viatus “Bee Cha” Enormis is originally from Greece but currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he trains for his MMA career. He made his MMA debut in the QFC arena against fellow submission fighter Max Denbow. In their bout, Viatus did all the work: he scored the early takedown, landed a dozen unanswered blows, and finally submitted Denbow with an armbar. An interested party sat in attendance, looking to recruit a future star from the event. Upon seeing the potential in the kid from Greece, a deal was made to bring the future star into the SENSEI FC cage. At SENSEI FC 1, Viatus Enormis made himself known on the national stage with a first round destruction over striker Bruce McGregor. Not long after, Viatus pounded out fellow BJJ purple belt Jaro Caro with brutal ground n pound at SENSEI FC 5.

His most recent appearance came at SENSEI FC 9 where Viatus submitted undefeated kickboxer Zombie Lee.

Originally from Belize City, Belize, Manuel Requina currently trains out of Los Angeles, California, USA. Representing the Hollywood Superstar MMA Gym, which boasts two active and four former world champions. Both of Manuel's fights have taken place in the SENSEI FC cage, where his name has become synonymous with brutal ground and pound.

He made his first appearance at SENSEI FC 4 and right away you knew you were dealing with a different wrestler. His opponent was former collegiate wrestling star Levan Luddington. Right away, Requina set the tone for the fight when he dropped Luddington with a big punching combination. After hurting his opponent three times inside of two rounds, Requina knocked Luddington out cold in the second round.

At SENSEI FC 10, Requina was paired up with kickboxer Daiki Takahashi. Requina put on a striking clinic against the man, cleanly countering his attacks while circling on the outside. Just one minute in the opening round, Requina hurt Takahashi with a right hand before finishing him with a barrage of punches that put him down and out.

[Co-Main Event]

(Welterweight Division) Nissho Sakurai (1-0) versus Dylan Fobbs (0-0)

Nissho Sakurai comes from a fighting family; his grandfather earn a medal in the Olympics as a boxer, his father was an elite MMA fighter. Nissho began his martial arts career as a Kyokushin karateka. After a shaky tenure taking unsanctioned underground fights for the Yakuza, Nissho signed with proper management that brought him into the world of legitimate MMA competition.

Nissho Sakurai is still a kid by most counts; at 19-years-old, he has a world of potential. Well rounded, Nissho is adept at kickboxing, technical boxing, and submission grappling. He made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 6 against fellow striker Travis Henderson. Although the fight was fairly even at range, Sakurai dominated Henderson in the clinch en route to a unanimous decision victory.

Across the globe in St Petersburg, Russia, Dylan Fobbs has prepared to make his MMA debut. His origins are a bit of a mystery: he claims to be from Pakistan but also claims to be from Johnville, New Brunswick. Known as “El Raton” or “The Rat” due to his shady business history, he fights for money as well as for the family name. Fobbs trains out of The Gulag mma gym. This will be Dylan Fobbs' MMA debut which puts immense pressure on him as he heads into this co-main event. By all accounts, Fobbs has reportedly been seen with zero energy as well so that's a thing.

(Welterweight Division) Raphina Mbembe (1-0) versus Matt Murdok (0-0)

Raphina “Ravage” Mbembe is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Raphina trains out of the PSE Elite gym in London, England. Raphina will be making his promotional debut at this event after having fought his first fight in the regional circuit. In his professional debut he faced catch wrestler Felix Hood, winning the fight via second round submission.

Matt Murdok is a 25-year-old boxer; originally from New York City, he relocated to Sydney, Australia to pursue his MMA career. Murdok trains out of the public Hyperbolic Time Chamber MMA gym. Hopefully this Murdok has twice the visual acuity and at least half of the fighting ability of his comic book doppelganger.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Maximus Meridius (1-1) versus Razan Hase (0-1)

Training out of the exclusive Elite MMA Training gym in New York, New York, Maximus Meridius is a hard chinned Muay Thai stylist. Fighting out of the same prestigious camp as Pat Garret, Maximus trains alongside five former world champions. Maximus made his MMA debut at the interesting Outlaw Test 3 event against Aleksandre Nadareishvili. After the single three minute round had completed, Maximus lost the judge's decision. After taking time away to train, Maximus made his SENSEI FC debut at SENSEI FC 5, stopping boxer Kazama Chikage with strikes midway through the second round.

Originally from Nagoya, Japan, Razan “Razor” Hase is a 19-year-old boxer. Currently living in London, England, Razan trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. He made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 6 against Ronan Frost. The fight would last less than a round, but it would be a closely contested one as both men would be bloodied and exhausted midway through. Frost badly hurt Hase with a head kick, taking him down shortly after. On the ground, Frost submitted a wounded Hase with a guillotine choke.

(Middleweight Division) Peter Markov (0-1) versus Skafti Brynjarsson (0-1)

Peter Markov is a 21-year-old former amateur boxer from Moscow, Russia. Currently training out of the illustrious Cozad MMA gym in St Petersburg, Markov has competed once in MMA. At SENSEI FC 6, Markov faced Ikku Kurokawa. Although he landed some decent punches, Markov's wild aggression cost him when he was taken down and submitted with a first round kimura.

Skafti Brynjarsson is perhaps the doppelganger of Markov's career. This Helsinki native trains out of his country's Cozad gym and specializes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His pro-debut also took place at SENSEI FC 6 where he was stopped by Muay Thai stylist Kin Kouma. As incapable as Markov is at wrestling, Brynjarsson is a pure grappler.

[Undercard bouts]

(Middleweight Division) Pat Garret (1-2) versus Kenjiro Oka (0-1)

There's a new “Sheriff” in town; Pat Garret is a nineteen year old New Yorker that dresses like a member of The Village People. Adept at kickboxing, Garret has fought three times in MMA. He trains out of the Elite MMA Training center, an exclusive gym that boasts five former world champions on its roster. Pat made his MMA debut at Outlaw Test 3 where he faced another kickboxer. The rules of this promotion were... interesting, which is the nicest thing I can say about it. In his second test fight he displayed a lot of heart and continued fighting as a result. After taking some time off to train, he signed up to fight at SENSEI FC 5. His opponent was ill prepared kickboxer Aki Nakatani. The fight would be all Garret as he dominated Nakatani both in the clinch and at range.

Fighting out of London, England, Kenjiro “Oak” Oka is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu focused fighter that trains out of Gym Goroshi London. Oka made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 5 against Brendon Rownie. Although he would hold his own on the ground, Oka struggled against the pressure of Rownie and would ultimately lose out on the judge's nod after fifteen minutes of action.

(Featherweight Division) Ajin Heceda (0-0) versus Masayuki Araki (0-0)

This is a battle of two MMA newcomers. Ajin Heceda is a world class wrestler that comes from a fighting family; both he and his brother have yet to make their professional debut. Ajin trains out of the exclusive Old School Training gym in Hilo, Hawaii. Heceda is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Like his opponent, Masayuki Araki is a BJJ purple belt that is debuting at this event. Originally from London, England, Araki currently lives in London, England, where he trains out of the Gym Goroshi London center.

(Welterweight Division) Jaden Tufalo (1-1) versus Jack Oneal (0-0)

Having competed two times within the SENSEI FC cage, Jaden Tufalo is confident that he will be finding success in this his third appearance. Jaden is a striker by trade but he possesses excellent defensive grappling skills, compliments of his time training at the Simply The Best gym in Tokyo. Jaden's training center boasts three active world champions including undefeated Dean Howard of BELLICOSE fame. Jaden made his pro debut at SENSEI FC 2 where he stopped Patrick Hall early in the opening round with strikes. Next Jaden fought at SENSEI FC 6 where he became the only man to win a round against undefeated promotional star Fredrik White. This would also be the only time an opponent took White the distance. Unfortunately Jaden Tufalo would come out with his first defeat as White walked away with the judge's decision.

Jack Oneal is a newcomer to the sport of MMA. He is reportedly a striker that is training out of Cozad's in Los Angeles, California, USA. Oneal's management could not be reached for comment.

(Lightweight Division) Adolfo Uchiha (1-0) versus Idle Wise (1-1)

In this battle of two boxers, Adolfo Uchiha is a well balanced mix of striking and grappling. Hard hitting and durable, Adolfo displayed heart and patience in his MMA debut. At SENSEI FC 5, Adolfo survived early adversity when his opponent repeatedly took him down, coming back late in the opening round to knock his foe out.

Idle Wise is a striker with some defensive wrestling. After a successful MMA debut in the regional circuit, Idle signed with SENSEI FC. At the organization's 6th event, Idle came up short against fellow striker Wesley Valentine. Despite the loss, Idle Wise displayed a great display of tenacity in surviving being rocked midway through the fight and still surviving to the final bell.

(Lightweight Division) Wesley Valentine (1-0) versus Efim Gracie (0-0)

“Lord” Wesley Valentine made his fighting debut at SENSEI FC 6 where he dominated hard chinned boxer Idle Wise utterly and completely in a lopsided decision victory. Valentine currently trains out of Cozad's MMA in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Efim “The Future” Gracie is an MMA newcomer that trains out of the Sprawl n Brawl gym in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He is reportedly a high level striker which is no surprise considering he trains alongside three current world champions including two undefeated title holders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Slo Moegan: Ladies and gentlemen give it up for an exciting fight. That was good display of wrestling and bjj Ajin my man.

Ajin Heceda: Thank you Slo.

Slo Moegan: So talk us through a bit of the fight.

Ajin Heceda: So in the first round I stuck to the game plan that I said in the interview and that was to utilize my wrestling for the takedown and to transition to finally getting his back where it would give me the advantage with him being at bjj a lot longer than me I'm sure he's better at it than I am but it's the most dominant position to be in. Then I just overwhelmed him with offensive pressure we both knew from the moment I got his back I would be going for the RNC. He kept fighting me off and I kept going for it. Then second round hit immediately took him down again and quickly took his back and he started to defend and then just broke from the pressure and gave up the choke and tapped.

Slo Moegan: Well it was certainly an impressive display and way to stick to the gameplay. So how good did it feel to get your first professional fight win tonight?

Ajin Heceda: I mean it feels great. It's not only my first professional fight win but it's also the first time I have ever won a fight in my life. My father doesn't call this style of what I want to do fighting. He believes if you aren't striking you aren't fighting and I'm not that good at striking at least not yet. So every fight I have had until now I have lost. I know this is just one win and won't prove him wrong but hopefully I can continue to win and prove to him that this is a style of fighting and that it does work.

Slo Moegan: Well good luck with that my man. What's next for you?

Ajin Heceda: Well this was my first fight at 145 so what's next for me is to have my first fight at 155.

Slo Moegan: I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say goodluck and can't wait to see you back in here.

Shane Victorino: Welcome to another podcast with the Flyin Hawaiian. I have the Hawaiian native Ajin Heceda on the show today.

Ajin Heceda: Hi Mr. Shane. 

Shane Victorino: So you just won your first MMA fight and first fight at 145. Tell us a bit about that.

Ajin Heceda: Sure thing. It was against BJJ practitioner Araki. Given how long I had his back in the first round and he was able to defend me off his purple belt has to be legit and really knows his stuff. I'm a bit surprised he's only a purple belt to be honest. Finally I was able to take his back and get the choke quick in the second.

Shane Victorino: Were you a bit nervous?

Ajin Heceda: I was completely nervous. Here I am a wrestler who has recently started learning BJJ going against a legit BJJ practitioner and in my first professional fight when I have never won a fight in my life before.

Shane Victorino: While you haven't won a fight in your life until your MMA debut you certainly have been pretty good at wrestling and a big time competitor right?

Ajin Heceda: Yeah I recently won the Jr Olympic Gold medal freestyle 143 lb division and the Jr Olympic Gold medal Greco Roman 148 lb division. And have been wrestling since the fourth grade and haven't lost a wrestling match yet. Not sure why or anything I just kind of took to it.

Shane Victorino: You recently just signed for a fight at 155 is that right?

Ajin Heceda: Yeah I just signed to fight Lucky Hollow.

Shane Victorino: What do you know about him?

Ajin Heceda: He's a well rounded young fighter. He slightly prefers stand up and is 0-1 but I think has a lot of promise. I know the gym he trains at is pretty expensive and coming from the regional circuit I feel like the gym prices might be a little too expensive for him so I talked to one of my sponsors Nutritional Shaved Ice to send him a nice good sponsorship offer and they agreed to. I just want a good match.

Shane Victorino: Wow that's amazing.

Ajin Heceda: It's nothing really I just want to show what I can do and face the best competition I can. I hope I can measure up and do well come fight time.

Shane Victorino: Do you think you will be making any significant improvements by fight time?

Ajin Heceda: I will be better than I am today, but it won't be as significant as my first fight. I'm going to continue to get better though.

Shane Victorino: How do you see the fight going?

Ajin Heceda: Well I hope it goes with me getting the takedown moving to a dominant position quickly and finishing the fight. Hoping to make it fast with not much effort. I won't be surprised with him being way better at striking and a much bigger guy that he knocks me out.

Shane Victorino: What is next for you after the fight?

Ajin Heceda: If I win the next fight will be at 145 and hoping it will be against a top 3 or 5 guy in the division. If I lose hopefully I still get someone in the top 10 at least. I want to push myself in both weight classes.

Shane Victorino: Sounds great Ajin and good luck to you.

• Upvote 1

SENSEI FC 13: Enormis vs Requina was a mixed martial arts event held by SENSEI FC, in conjunction with Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) on February 26, 2022 at Hayashi's Lounge in Tokyo, Japan.

1644760764B2bjDhJ_d.webp

[Undercard bouts]

(Lightweight Division) Wesley Valentine (1-0) versus Efim Gracie (0-0)

Round 1 – As the first fight of the night began, Wesley Valentine circled on the outside popping off with pot shots at Efim Gracie. Jab, jab, jab, and a one-two that opened a cut on the face of Gracie. Efim Gracie tried to push forward with a wild combination but Valentine simply side stepped and tagged him to the body. As Gracie came forward once more, Valentine rocked him with a left hook. When Gracie wobbled, Valentine pushed forward with more punches that put Gracie down! Valentine stood over him dropping bombs on his face and only relented when Gracie tapped out, prompting the referee to step in. Wesley Valentine def. Efim Gracie via Submission (Strikes) at 0:21 of round 1!

(Lightweight Division) Adolfo Uchiha (1-0) versus Idle Wise (1-1)

Round 1 – Idle Wise really tried to keep up with Adolfo Uchiha in this round but was relegated to the role of punching bag for the opening five minutes of this fight.

Round 2 – More of the same as Wise switched from looking to counter to pushing forward with more wild strikes. In both instances, Adolfo beat him to the punch (and kick) each time.

Round 3 – The house of cards began to crumble for Idle Wise in this round as the dominance of Adolfo Uchiha became too much to contend with. For Adolfo, this was the biggest round of the night. Adolfo managed to turn up the heat in the latter minutes, punishing Wise for the audacity of being in the cage with him. Adolfo Uchiha def. Idle Wise via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Welterweight Division) Jaden Tufalo (1-1) versus Jack Oneal (0-0)

Round 1 – A wild exchange of sloppy strikes started us off. Jack Oneal pushed forward with a wild flurry of punches and Jaden Tufalo tied him up in a tight clinch. After pushing Oneal against the cage, Tufalo began to open up with Thai style elbows which opened a nasty cut on the face of Oneal. Tufalo created some space and landed a BIG elbow that hurt and bloodied Oneal even further! Sensing his opponent's vulnerability, Jaden Tufalo began pouring on more strikes! Oneal went down and submitted to avoid further punishment! Jaden Tufalo def. Jack Oneal via Submission (Strikes) at 1:43 of round 1!

(Featherweight Division) Ajin Heceda (0-0) versus Masayuki Araki (0-0)

Round 1 – Immediate takedown for Ajin Heceda! He lands in side control on top but Araki immediately pulls a sneaky transition to get half guard on the bottom. Heceda tried to control from on top but Araki was threatening with a submission from the bottom. Heceda began fighting for a submission of his own. Heceda passed into mount and control of the fight shifted completely into his hands! Heceda took Araki's back and fought for a rear choke but Araki defended himself well to avoid the attack and we spent the remainder of the round in this position.

Round 2 – Heceda avoided the early punches of Araki and scored a takedown into guard. Just like the first round, Araki passed into half guard but soon found himself mounted and floundering. Heceda took his back and this time sunk in the fight ending rear naked choke! Ajin Heceda def. Masayuki Araki via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:23 of round 2!

(Middleweight Division) Pat Garrett (1-2) versus Kenjiro Oka (0-1)

Round 1 – As this fight started, Pat Garrett immediately started circling on the outside. For his part, Kenjiro Oka pushed forward with strike after strike, but came up short on each attempt. Garrett initiated a clinch and went to work with short range shots to the head and body of Oka, who seemed to break early from the assault. A big shot from Garrett wobbled the legs of Oka. Garrett pushed the advantage, landing a barrage of strikes that put Oka down, prompting a referee stoppage! Pat Garrett def. Kenjiro Oka via TKO (Punches) at 2:09 of round 1!

[Main Card]

(Middleweight Division) Peter Markov (0-1) versus Skafti Brynjarsson (0-1)

Round 1 – Peter Markov opened with high aggression, landing ample punches on Skafti Brynjarsson. Brynjarsson tried to fire back with shots of his own but ate counter shots for his trouble. Sensing he wasn't going to win the standup battle, Brynjarsson changed levels took Markov down, landing in guard on top. Markov tried to fight his way back to his feet but Brynjarsson controlled the position. The activity of Markov kept Brynjarsson from doing much with the position and soon the referee forced a standup. Markov resumed pounding on Brynjarsson from the outside but soon found himself taken down again. This time, Markov immediately popped back to his feet. Brynjarsson tried to chain together multiple takedown attempts but Markov did well to stay on his feet. Late in the round, Brynjarsson scored a third takedown and although Markov rolled to the top position, Brynjarsson attempted a few submissions with his remaining time.

Round 2 – Peter Markov dominated the opening seconds of this round before succumbing to a takedown, landing with Brynjarsson in his guard. Markov defended well for some time before exploding to his feet. Markov stayed on the outside, avoiding the aggressive wrestling attempts of Brynjarsson. Although Markov landed some decent shots from range, he fell victim to another takedown. This time, Brynjarsson fell into side control on top! Brynjarsson submission spammed for the majority of the round to no avail. Markov escaped to his feet and landed a few shots but was soon taken down and controlled for the remaining seconds.

Round 3 – The opening minute of this round belonged to Peter Markov, who did well to remain standing and punish Brynjarsson. One minute in, Brynjarsson scored a takedown into the guard of Markov. However after a full minute of inactivity, the referee stood the fighters up. Markov did some damage as the time passed by in this round. Brynjarsson did score a late takedown into half guard before passing into mount and threatened with submissions but just didn't do enough to own the round. Peter Markov def. Skafti Brynjarsson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Maximus Meridius (1-1) versus Razan Hase (0-1)

Round 1 – This round was extremely even with both fighters landing ample punches, occasionally trading blow-for-blow in the center of the cage. Razan Hase landed a few big shots that busted open the face of Maximus Meridius early in the round. As the minutes ticked by, Hase turned up the heat although Meridius started finding a home for his jab. While Hase chipped away at him, Meridius seemed comfortable just jabbing away to the head and body.

Round 2 – Meridius seemed to be well on his way to dominating in the opening seconds of this round but as we rounded past the first minute, the pressure of Hase turned Meridius into an offensive wrestler. Hase nullified the grappling as evenly as he defended his opponent's strikes and resumed picking away at Meridius. As this round passed by, Meridius returned to circling on the outside and picking at his opponent with straight punches.

Round 3 – The damage on the face of Hase became apparent as Meridius picked him apart with his long jab. In this round, Meridius started to throw in the right hand heavily with his shots: jab, jab, cross for Meridius. Slowly Hase began to fade and Meridius took the initiative, pouring on more shots and claiming the center of the cage as his own. When the round ended, an energized Meridius celebrated with his corner and an exhausted and beaten up Hase rested with his hands on his knees. Maximus Meridius def. Razan Hase via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

(Welterweight Division) Raphina Mbembe (1-0) versus Matt Murdok (0-0)

Round 1 – Matt Murdok opened this fight with a big one-two on the button of Raphina Mbembe! Mbembe responded by immediately taking Murdok to the ground- he didn't SEE that one coming! From side control, Mbembe was happy to control the position while looking for his opportunity to advance. Mbembe began threatening with a far side kimura but Murdok seemed to be defending well. We remained in that position for several minutes until suddenly Mbembe really cranked on it with all of his strength and Murdok was forced to submit! Raphina Mbembe def. Matt Murdok via Submission (Kimura) at 2:55 of round 1!

[Co-Main Event]

(Welterweight Division) Nissho Sakurai (1-0) versus Dylan Fobbs (0-0)

Round 1 – Nissho Sakurai came out like a wild man, taking the center of the ring against his untested foe. Nissho threw a hard leg kick. Fobbs looked a little worse for the wear already. Nissho with a body kick that really seemed to suck the life out of Fobbs. Nissho tied Fobbs up with a Thai plumb and cracked him straight up the middle with a big knee! Fobbs went down but popped right back up. Sakurai poured shots on Fobbs against the cage but Fobbs managed to circle away on rubbery legs! Sakurai landed another big leg kick and Fobbs reached down to grab it. Sakurai feinted a leg kick and this time, when Fobbs reached for it, Sakurai lept into a flying knee that knocked Fobbs out cold! Nissho Sakurai def. Dylan Fobbs via KO (Flying Knee) at 0:31 of round 1!

[Main Event]

(Bantamweight Division) Viatus Enormis (4-0) versus Manuel Requina (2-0)

Round 1 – Both fighters circled tentatively, showing a great deal of respect for each other. Requina opened up with some big punches and Enormis attempted a doomed takedown. Enormis attempted two more takedowns and on each occasion, Requina slipped a big counter punch in there to punish him. Requina showed his striking prowess, circling around and cracking Enormis with a big shot. After more punches from Requina, Enormis scored a takedown two minutes in, landing in half guard. Enormis controlled from the top position for the remainder of the round.

Round 2 – Enormis really telegraphed his opening takedown attempt to start this round off. Requina answered with a big straight right hand! Enormis tried to push into range to shoot on his opponent but ate another right hand for his troubles. Frustration began to show on the face of Enormis as another takedown attempt was foiled by his opponent's defenses. One minute in, Requina began pushing forward with strikes but a nearly successful takedown put him back on the defensive. As we rounded the two minute mark of this round, Enormis shot in for a takedown and ran into a straight right that dropped him to the canvas! As Requina began dropping hammerfists, Enormis covered up! Enormis was floundering, reaching for the legs of Requina when the referee stopped the fight. Enormis protested the stoppage in the moment but was congratulatory after. Manuel Requina def. Viatus Enormis via TKO (Strikes) at 2:13 of round 2!

[After Action Report]

Fight of the Night: Maximus Meridius vs Razan Hase

Knockout of the Night: Nissho Sakurai

Submission of the Night: Ajin Heceda

Active Winning Streaks (2+ consecutive wins within SENSEI FC)

Gabriel Mellios (185) (4-0) [2/19]

Manuel Requina (135) (3-0) [2/26] +

Viatus Enormis (135) (3-1) [2/26]

Nissho Sakurai (170) (2-0) [2/26] +

Pat Garrett (185) (2-0) [2/26] +

Adolfo Uchiha (155) (2-0) [2/26] +

Maximus Meridius (205) (2-0) [2/26] +

Wesley Valentine (155) (2-0) [2/26] +

Shozo Amisaki (205) (2-0) [2/19]

Yasuda Takahiro (145) (2-0) [2/19]

Nathaniel Lewandowski (185) (2-0) [2/19]

Vladamir Fedetenko (265) (2-0) [2/5]

Pops Ceballos (145) (2-0) [2/5]

Lazor Kwiatkowski (265+) (2-0) [1/29]

Nikolai Kaspersky (185) (2-0) [1/29]

Juan Martinez (205) (2-0) [1/29]

Ant Thrax (170) (2-0) [1/29]

Izak Jeppesen (265) (2-0) [1/22]

Jin Mori (170) (2-0) [1/22]

Toby MacAlister (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Christopher Boyd (155) (2-0) [1/22]

Charlie Crucifer (155) (2-0) [1/15]

Joshua Whitlock (145) (2-0) [1/15]

Sugawara Ichirou (185) (2-0) [1/15]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

SENSEI FC Extra 1 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by SENSEI FC on March 4, 2022 at The Underground arena in Tokyo, Japan.

1645430836SFCE1.jpg

[Main Event]

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Shozo Amisaki (2-0) versus Dave Sub (1-0)

Shozo “Showtime” Amisaki had big dreams: he wanted to be a professional baseball player. He made the trek to try out for his local professional team because the first step on your journey to success is just making the effort and sometimes dreams really do come true. Unfortunately for Shozo, life is not a Hallmark movie and his dreams were shattered when no professional teams would touch him due to his general lack of fitness and natural talent. Shozo was told in no uncertain terms “you will never be a baseball player”. I have to give him credit because following your dreams is hard. I always wanted to learn to juggle but never had the balls to try. Anyways, unshaken from his perceived destiny, Shozo decided to get into shape to prove that he could be everything he knew himself to be. He began training at a Muay Thai gym in Sapporo, Japan with the goal of getting into shape to play ball. It quickly became known by his new teammates exactly what his desired career would be and he was teased about it by some. They sarcastically dubbed him “Showtime” for his dreams to play in the big leagues. However when it became time to actually lace up some gloves and spar with Shozo, nobody was laughing: the man can hit. He may not have much form when you put a bat in his hands, but he carries a chip on his shoulder and he puts it into every punch and kick that he throws. A visiting MMA manager came to Shozo and with absolutely no sense of irony told him that he should look into professional fighting because he has a natural athleticism and talent for the sport. Shozo just wanted to play baseball but instead he found himself locked in a metal cage at SENSEI FC 5, fighting former amateur boxer Rick “Big Man” Bells from Ireland. After being dragged into an all too familiar clinch battle by his opponent, Shozo put his newfound talents to work, pulverizing Bells against the cage. Eventually a doctor stopped the fight due to the amount of cuts and bleeding on the face of Rick Bells. Fans in attendance described it as a scene from a slasher movie. Shozo Amisaki had arrived in style but he wasn't done.

At SENSEI FC 12, Shozo Amisaki was paired up with former professional Muay Thai kickboxer Pablo Asprilla. This man had fought professionally doing everthing Shozo had been training for fun. The opening round was a wakeup call for Amisaki as he was cleanly out struck for the first time in his short martial arts career. However Amisaki saw this challenge as an affront to his dreams: if he loses here, he may never get the fame needed to transition into his baseball career. In the second round he came out with a fury and overwhelmed Asprilla in the clinch, hurting him and eventually finishing him with that home run head kick that dreams are made of.

At the end of the day, when the fans were done cheering his name, all he could think was how sweet it would have been to run to home plate after securing the win.

Looking to play the spoiler in Shozo's Cinderella man story is grappling sensation Dave Sub. This 26-year-old Swede started his career with an appearance in the TWGC grappling tournament where he lost a close judge's decision against world class wrestler Jack Reaper. Shortly after, Sub decided to ply his craft in the mixed martial arts cage. He began training out of the London MMA Club to prepare himself for what was in store ahead. At SENSEI FC 12 while his opponent was securing the biggest comeback win of his life, Sub was paired up with BJJ blue belt Petr Sirotek. After eating some shots in the clinch, Sub managed to bring Sirotek to the ground where a transition battle ensued ever so briefly before Sub could live up to his name. Sub caught Sirotek in an armbar and forced the tap just fifty seconds into the opening round proving that he is a man you do not want to grapple with.

[Co-Main Event]

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Seiji Tanikawa (1-0) versus Richard Mahn (0-0)

Originally from Osaka, Japan, Seiji “Seige” Tanikawa currently resides in London, England where he trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. Seiji made a big splash when he arrived in the organization. At SENSEI FC 11 he faced Muay Thai specialist Ronan Frost in a fight where this writer gave Frost the overall advantage on paper. To my surprise, Tanikawa made Frost look like he was standing still; Tanikawa pushed the pace early, peppering Frost with crisp punches before darting out of range of his opponent's counters. Tanikawa would face some adversity when he ran into a head kick that put him down and seemingly out, but Tanikawa survived and recovered. Wobbled and bleeding, Tanikawa returned fire with a fury and soon it was Frost that was down from a big strike. One thing about Tanikawa is that when he has you hurt, he goes for the kill; this was on full display when he swarmed a wounded Frost, cracking him with big punches until the referee stopped the fight.

The perfect foil for Tanikawa's striking may just be Richard “Rich Man” Mahn. Born and raised in Hollywood, California, Richard moved back to his family's ancestral home of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to get in touch with his roots and begin training as a martial artist. Rich is reportedly an adept Muay Thai striker that looks up to Wanderlei Silva as a role model, so that bodes well. Rich has aligned himself with the Besta-Fera Training Center to prepare for this match which will be his professional MMA debut.

(Welterweight Division) Marinho Macedo (2-0) versus Larry Down (3-1)

25-year-old Marinho Macedo is living the high life in his short MMA career. He is undefeated, seemingly unstoppable, and one win away from potentially main eventing his own fight card. Originally from Sao Paolo, Brazil, Macedo currently lives in New York. This heavy handed brawler never anticipated that he would one day be living the high life, becoming a staple household name in a Japanese MMA promotion. Macedo has fought both of his professional bouts within the QFC arena before this, knocking out Karate Durling and Vittor Lia in one-sided portraits of barely restrained violence. He will be making his SENSEI FC debut here but already his name carries some weight to it as fans anticipate the brutality he brings to the table.

Undisturbed, unaffected, and unimpressed stands 25-year-old Larry “Diker” Down. This Tokyo resident trains out of the local Cozad MMA gym there. For a time, Larry Down was the underground king of the local QFC arena. There he was known for his brutal knockout power and first round finishes. In his professional debut he retired and knocked out boxer Niels Bohr. Next he brutalized kickboxer Nelson De Leon with a quick stoppage against the cage. In his third appearance, he knocked out BJJ brown belt Oumarou Zula in under a minute. Following these three victories, Down parted ways with his management and aligned himself with John King from Los Angeles. Under this new management team, he took one final QFC match; fate would not be on his side in this instance, as he stumbled against well rounded grappler Dao Bosu. Like his opponent, he is making his SENSEI FC debut for us here.

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Callum Adams (1-1) versus Sammo Zhou (0-0)

Callum “The Spazmoid Hunter” Adams is an 18-year-old Muay Thai striker and MMA prospect. This kid from Ribble Valley, England, trains out of the exclusive gym known as The Nonce Hunters in London. After a less than stellar professional debut in the QFC arena, in which he dropped a fight against Powder Puff via doctor stoppage, he signed with SENSEI FC. His promotional debut came against boxer Niven Grier at SENSEI FC 12. Unlike his QFC appearance, Adams made a tumultuous debut in the Japanese show. After dragging Grier into a clinch battle, Adams dominated the man with strikes before finishing him against the cage just past the one minute mark.

“Razor Blimp” Sammo Zhou is a Chinese striker that admits he only got into martial arts to lose weight and better himself. This has led to him moving to Tokyo, Japan, to receive real MMA training out of the Advanced Fitness Inc. gym. Should he win this, his professional debut, he intends to put Wing Chun back on the map.

(Featherweright Division) Pops Ceballos (2-0) versus Tykas Wong (0-3)

Kicking off our main card, we have the return of undefeated brawler Pops “The One” Ceballos! This longtime member of the exclusive Indigo Nation Training Station gym in New York, Ceballos has fought both of his professional bouts within the SENSEI FC arena. Ceballos made his pro-MMA debut at SENSEI FC 5. His opponent was BJJ blue belt Jajami Omate. Despite doing his best to make the fight up close and ugly, Omate failed to make an impact. Ceballos dominated the fight everywhere it went, out striking and out wrestling his opponent to win a landslide unanimous decision victory. In his most recent bout, Ceballos was given Miguel Daez as a dance partner. With a known boxer in Daez, Ceballos was excited to have the opportunity to put on a show for the fans. Ceballos showed how well rounded he is when he took down and pounded Baez, stopping him with a second round TKO.

Attempting to halt the hype train of Ceballos is the ever durable 19-year-old Tykas Wong. This longtime resident of London, England, trains out of PSE Elite. Wong made his MMA debut in the QFC regional scene, facing off against BJJ blue belt Alexander Gatic. Despite scoring all of the takedowns, Wong struggled to keep up with the grappling of Gatic; ultimately, Wong dropped a unanimous decision. Some time later, Wong was picked up by the upstart promotion SENSEI FC; Wong made his promotional debut at SENSEI FC 3 against boxer Carl Frampton. Wong struggled with the striking and defensive wrestling of Frampton and would once again drop a judge's decision to his opponent. This would be Frampton's lone MMA appearance to date. Wong's most recent appearance was at SENSEI FC 9. His opponent was fellow promotional veteran and BJJ brown belt Zlatko Dedic. Once again, Wong would be utterly and completely dominated both on his feet and on the ground, succumbing to a first round submission.

[Undercard Bouts]

(Lightweight Division) Himayalan Cheetah (0-0) versus Oskar Arnasson (1-0)

The amusingly named Himalayan Cheetah is making his MMA debut at this event. Originally from Nepal, Cheetah has sprinted over to Tokyo, Japan, where he trains out of the world famous Cozad MMA Tokyo gym. Cheetah is reportedly a pure striker that has been training his defensive wrestling.

Attempting to catch the speedy Cheetah will be Oskar Arnasson. The 25-year-old Icelandic grappler holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Known affectionately by teammates as “Super Snake”, Oskar Arnasson began his MMA career in the QFC arena, submitting Jax Van Buren with an opening round guillotine choke. Very soon after, he competed in the “Riocore Pro Grapling” event, hosted by the thankfully correctly spelled Riocore Pro Grappling organization. At this event, Arnasson was paired up with BJJ brown belt Eddie Ryan, suffering a defeat via triangle choke.

(Welterweight Division) Ichiro Sato (1-1) versus Tigor Nainggolan (0-1)

Ichiro Sato is a Japanese kickboxer that currently resides in London, England, where he trains out of the Gym Goroshi London training center. Ichiro made his MMA debut at SENSEI FC 6, knocking out BJJ brown belt Vernik Dahl in under a minute. With a ton of hype behind him, Ichiro was paired up with former professional boxer Bert McAlroy at SENSEI FC 11. Whereas Ichiro won his debut via first minute knockout, in this bout he was the victim of a first round stoppage.

Standing across the cage from Ichiro Sato will be twenty-one year old BJJ blue belt Tigor Nainggolan, who made his MMA debut in the QFC arena. His debut opponent was kickboxer Nick Peterson. After having all of his takedown attempts stuffed, Nainggolan was stopped just past the one minute mark of the fight.

(Bantamweight Division) Artemis Bray (0-0) versus Lee Kuwabara (0-1)

MMA newcomer Artemis Bray is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that trains out of the illustrious Simply The Best gym in Tokyo, Japan. While it's impossible to predict how Bray will perform in a live fight, with his team's history he is a safe bet in this pro-debut.

Lee Kuwabara is a freestyle fighter that specializes in kickboxing and BJJ. Lee trains out of the IMMAC Training Facility in Las Vegas, which is the home of reigning GAMMA: Contenders super-heavyweight champion Earl Lee Grace. In his lone MMA bout, Kuwabara was submitted by BJJ purple belt Louie Spicoli.

(Bantamweight Division) Saw Ba Nyein (1-1) versus Hideki Suzuki (0-1)

Saw Ba Nyein is a Muay Thai kickboxer from Amarapura, Myanmar. Training out of the exclusive Deathsquad MMA gym, Nyein is a blue chip prospect in the bantamweight division. Nyein made his MMA debut with the RISE Fight League promotion. At the RISE 4 event, he bested fellow kickboxer Teddy Kozlowski, winning via unanimous decision. Following this victory, Nyein became a free agent; he promptly signed with SENSEI FC. At SENSEI FC 10, Nyein was submitted by BJJ purple belt Suk Chong.

Hideki Suzuki is a Japanese mixed martial artist; on paper he specializes in kickboxing but in his lone MMA bout he showed great wrestling prowess as well. In the QFC arena, Hideki faced QFC professional jobber Trike Quicky. Although Suzuki dominated the wrestling aspects of the fight, he ultimately fell to a submission from the 2-12 fighter.

(Welterweight Division) Beanin Jiet (0-3) versus Willy Johnson (0-2)

When we tried to report on the location of Beanin Jiet, we were informed that he is from “Bacon Egg Cheese” which sounds delicious. This Helsinki native specializes in Muay Thai and has been working diligently to improve his wrestling. At nineteen years old, Beanin has fought three times already but has found little success in the cage. After making his pro debut in the QFC arena, he signed with Outlaw M.C to compete in their welterweight tournament. In the opening round of the tournament, Beanin faced future title challenger Mohammed Abul, ultimately losing the fight via unanimous decision. Beanin's most recent bout took place at Outlaw 9, where he was submitted by wrestler Moe Telsiks. This fight will be Beanin's SENSEI FC debut.

Also nineteen years old and also coming from a striking background, “Big” Willy Johnson made his MMA debut in the QFC arena where he was submitted by Jamar Afar. Willy next signed with Commonwealth Fight Federation, taking on Harry Alonzo Longabaugh. Despite being the stronger striker on paper, Johnson would ultimately fall to a first round knockout. Like his opponent, this will be Willy's SENSEI FC debut.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

goro_1.jpg.8c43bd2f2696ddee9b759cbd1cffb86c.jpg

GORO MAJIMA: "今夜のイベントのプレビューがないのは残念です。マリオキンテロとのこの戦いは、これまでで最も厳しいテストになるでしょう。"

(Direct Translation: "It's a shame we don't have a preview for tonights event. This fight with Mario Quintero is going to be my toughest test yet.")

• Upvote 1

Leeroy Brown: All you happening cats and foxy ladies out there tuning into Bad Bad Leeroy Brown the baddest man in the whole damn town's show tonight we have a special guest Ajin Heceda who might possibly be the baddest 17 year old on the planet. Say hello to all the people listening Ajin.

Ajin Heceda: Hey everyone.

Leeroy Brown: You have a fight coming up April 2nd against fellow 17 year old Lucky Hollow is that right?

Ajin Heceda: Yeah that's right. He fights strictly 155 and is a much bigger guy then me. He's currently 0-1.

Leeroy Brown: Well I'd imagine he's much bigger than you since you fight at 145 as well as 155. And given that he's 0-1 should be an easy night for the 1-0 two Jr Olympic Gold medalist Ajin.

Ajin Heceda: You might think so but I wouldn't be so sure. As far as stand up goes there is no doubt he has the ability to knock me out and with his major reach advantage on me I have quite the path in front of me to get inside. With that said we both know once I am inside if I want to take him down I can do it at anytime I want. It's the getting there but that is why he has been working so hard on bjj. When we signed the fight he was a blue belt and his hard work definitely shows as he is now a purple belt along with me. So he has been clearly training hard for me taking him down.

Leeroy Brown: So how do you see this fight going?

Ajin Heceda: I see me taking him down, transitioning to his back and choking him out via RNC.

Leeroy Brown: What is next for you after this fight?

Ajin Heceda: Well after this fight assuming I win my next fight will be at 145 and I would like a top 3 guy in 145. If I lose still my next fight will be at 145 but someone in the top 8. I'm not here to coast by I want to challenge myself and go against the best I don't care how old they are or any of that stuff. Just simply you're a top guy? I want to fight you.

Leeroy Brown: You had mentioned previously that you come from a fighting family but your father views wrestling and grappling as not real fighting. How much does going against the best and trying to show that it is and works does that factor into it for you?

Ajin Heceda: Look our family ran dojos in Japan since the Edo period and boxing gyms in Mexico since the 1900s. So I have a long lineage of warriors to live up and huge history or striking dominance but it's just not what I'm good at. So proving that my way and my style is effective and that it works and to be accepted by my family and not the disgrace of it means everything to me. And I'm not going to be proving just by doing well. I need to do well and do well against the best.

Leeroy Brown: How many fights do you think not counting the one next week do you think you are from a shot at a title?

Ajin Heceda: Well I don't know that's not really my call to make, but I think since I fight 2 weight classes it's a bit different than if I fought 1. I'd say assuming I win next week 3 fights away. I'd say if I win next week and my next fight after that puts me fighting 145 and if I win that I'm at 3-0 in MMA but 2-0 in the division and fight after would be 155 which you could argue then but I'd only be 1-0 in that division even though 3-0 in MMA. So if I win that one I'm 4-0 in MMA and 2-0 in two divisions that I'd probably get a shot at 145 glory by then.

Leeroy Brown: Well all you happening cats and foxy ladies that's all we have time for today.