fight offer

TheGreatBear

2 hours ago, TheGreatBear said:

I have an opponent that is sitting on a fight offer.  What is the benefit of doing this?  Are they planning to decline if they don't like the matchup as we get closer?

Some guys like to mull the fight over before accepting. Maybe seeing if they can formulate a plan sliderwise with their mentor before accepting. I've let some sit until I come up with a gameplan. I'm always gonna make the best choice for my fighter before I give a damn about anyone else. 

Meh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, Sprooch said:

Some guys like to mull the fight over before accepting. Maybe seeing if they can formulate a plan sliderwise with their mentor before accepting. I've let some sit until I come up with a gameplan. I'm always gonna make the best choice for my fighter before I give a damn about anyone else. 

Meh.

well said

• Downvote 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, CelticStryder said:

I guess this is yet another benefit of VIP that when you have a fighter somewhat stuck in limbo waiting to see if you have a fight or not that you would potentially have 9 other fighters to manage?

Not sure if it would be considered a benefit, but more a matter of choice. I find when I am offered a fight I know within a half hour of looking into my opponent if I will be accepting or not and why (which I generally provide if I am turning down a fight offer). I like being done with the offer one way or the other, while some managers are more comfortable having some time to mull over their decision. 

If you are wondering about the benefits of VIP there really are many, it adds a lot to your ability to analyze your fighter's training and more. Totally worth it in my opinion regardless of the bonus of having more fighter slots, which are very nice to have if you enjoy keeping a bit busier in the game.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:15 PM, venom09 said:

Not sure if it would be considered a benefit, but more a matter of choice. I find when I am offered a fight I know within a half hour of looking into my opponent if I will be accepting or not and why (which I generally provide if I am turning down a fight offer). I like being done with the offer one way or the other, while some managers are more comfortable having some time to mull over their decision. 

If you are wondering about the benefits of VIP there really are many, it adds a lot to your ability to analyze your fighter's training and more. Totally worth it in my opinion regardless of the bonus of having more fighter slots, which are very nice to have if you enjoy keeping a bit busier in the game.

Can you elaborate on what VIP features you use to analyze a fighters training? Only a couple weeks in here and having a tough time trying to figure out the right mix of training physicals and training secondaries to have one of them POP. Havent had any luck yet but perhaps I am just not being patient enough as I dont know how long it takes to POP one of these.

7 hours ago, CelticStryder said:

Can you elaborate on what VIP features you use to analyze a fighters training? Only a couple weeks in here and having a tough time trying to figure out the right mix of training physicals and training secondaries to have one of them POP. Havent had any luck yet but perhaps I am just not being patient enough as I dont know how long it takes to POP one of these.

The visibility for how close things are to popping for progression is much easier to see with VIP as your skill will range from the number with a -- rating up to a ++ before popping. There is also a method a little long to explain here to determine your fighter's learning speed if they are a younger 16-18 build. I recommend getting a mentor as soon as you can to help guide you in the right direction for your builds and explain things in more detail. They are a great resource of knowledge and are very open to sharing it with new people to help them better enjoy the game. Good luck!

On 11/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, Sprooch said:

Meh.

If you even have to think about it, if it isn't obvious from within 10-15 minutes of looking over the other fighter's profile that you have just about no chance to win, then the only answer is "Accept."

It's rare that it's okay not to accept if the creation date is within a couple months (this first part is almost always true in an ID org) and the fighter's "age" is within a couple years.

Early on in an ID org, you might rightfully turn down a fighter who's several years older but was, given how id orgs operate, created nearly the same time.  There eventually reaches a point, maybe 6 months after creation, where ages are pretty much balanced, and as it gets more like 9 months or a year, then often the younger fighter with a similar creation date has a large enough advantage that might justify refusal; but very rarely is it likely to be unfair when both the age and creation date are similar.

If every manager only takes fights that they think they're more likely to win, then very few fights will take place, because every matchup one fighter is going to be more likely to win than the other.  So if both managers look at a fight and they both will refuse it if they think they aren't likely to win, then one of them will refuse any fight, which will bring fights to a screeching halt.  And if I accept easily and opponents duck freely, then I'd end up disadvantaged all the time, which will force me to start ducking, just to avoid only having fights where I'm at a disadvantage.

Early on I thought all the talk about "cherry picking" was org owners thinking that any match they made, no matter how unfair, should be accepted.  I'm realizing after having about half the fights I accept the past couple of months declined by my opponent, org owners are right  Scummy managers cherry pick a LOT more often than org owners offer unfair matchups, at least in id orgs.  Those scummy managers who cherry pick mess up the game, and are close to forcing me to decline more myself, because it will either be that or only fight at disadvantages because opponents will decline if I'm not at a disadvantage.

If it isn't obvious at a quick glance that it's not a fair matchup for your fighter, you should feel bound to hit "Accept."   The only reason a matchup should sit there for days without response is if something happened in life such that you can't log in for several days, or can't with 10 minutes to look over the matchup

• Upvote 2