Red Belt BJJ question

teyoken

Hey I’m kinda confused about how to get my fighter a red belt, or if it’s even possible with him. If you have a black belt bjj guy, and his stats are almost near max wrestling/bjj wise how do you get a red belt for him? it says black belt is BJJ (15), so can it go higher? if someone could help me out that’d be great, thanks!

6 minutes ago, teyoken said:

Hey I’m kinda confused about how to get my fighter a red belt, or if it’s even possible with him. If you have a black belt bjj guy, and his stats are almost near max wrestling/bjj wise how do you get a red belt for him? it says black belt is BJJ (15), so can it go higher? if someone could help me out that’d be great, thanks!

probably 15++

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, teyoken said:

so it’s basically like a chance thing? should I be actively sparring to help in achieving it?

I dont know about chance as I havent checked it using script to get exact number, but I assume the red belt threshold is just over 15+ as I have a fighter who has 15+ (never been 15++) who fluctuates between black and red but his number stays at 15+

and yes you should spar to get there or maintain. Secondaries related to BJJ will help as well, but sparring will give biggest bang for your buck

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, teyoken said:

It should stick honestly, once you achieve a belt in some form it’s not like you lose it

Belts may not be lost IRL if u don't practice a skill but your actual skills do if you do not keep active and train them.

I originally lobbied for Mike to only make physicals deteriorate when a fighter begins their decline as IRL it makes no sense that primary and secondary skills go down. The only thing that begins to lack IRL seems to be the physicals that would begin to decline due to injury, wear and tear and aging etc.

But alas it's an overrall skills thing so they all decline at a similar rate, I think physicals at a slightly higher rate.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Belts may not be lost IRL if u don't practice a skill but your actual skills do if you do not keep active and train them.

I originally lobbied for Mike to only make physicals deteriorate when a fighter begins their decline as IRL it makes no sense that primary and secondary skills go down. The only thing that begins to lack IRL seems to be the physicals that would begin to decline due to injury, wear and tear and aging etc.

But alas it's an overrall skills thing so they all decline at a similar rate, I think physicals at a slightly higher rate.

didn’t know that about the decline, thanks for letting me know. good info to know in the long run

59 minutes ago, teyoken said:

didn’t know that about the decline, thanks for letting me know. good info to know in the long run

Decline isn't something that you need to worry about too much. If you are like me and like to track the skill progress of your fighters, it's a bit jarring at first when you see it slowly going down. But it's so slow that it takes quite some time before it actually hurts performance. It's not like dropping of a cliff, just that he is a slightly bit worse than, say a month ago, when you fought last time.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:45 AM, teyoken said:

Its 146 as far as stat value i believe.. once your fights hits 15+ he's close and some point he will crossover to red in between 15+ and 15++. If you use the tampermonkey script the skill snapshot page is much more informative in that regard in letting you know just how close you truly are to red belt without all the guess work.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this still the same, I remember way back when it was mentioned that other attributes apply as well. Not sure if this is still the case. Meaning Sub offense, and sub defense had to be at a certain level. But man things could have changed, this is just me remembering something read. If I remember correctly. Levels were not linear I think it said if I remember correctly.