Nominations: KT Fighter of the Year 2021

saklain

On 12/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, bjornmma1 said:

Dub Dub had his number though..

Always gotta throw that little jab out instead of keeping your mouth shut Bjorn lol

Silva fought 18 times in 2021 compared to Dub’s 9. You knew a third fight was inevitable and smartly retired at the top. 

Great fighter, but don’t diss Silva, no need to discredit others or try to influence people to vote for you that way.

5 hours ago, stpierrecanada said:

Always gotta throw that little jab out instead of keeping your mouth shut Bjorn lol

Silva fought 18 times in 2021 compared to Dub’s 9. You knew a third fight was inevitable and smartly retired at the top. 

Great fighter, but don’t diss Silva, no need to discredit others or try to influence people to vote for you that way.

The nature of the beast, sorry 😃

I agree that Silva had a better year. I only regret now having retired Dub Dub, but he had cleaned out the division (twice) by that time and my try to get his p4p rank higher got nowhere as with every win, his rank stayed the same, while the top KT hype was with the heavy guys. So there was no point in continuing in my opinion, certainly combined with how average his skills and physicals were (even we he fought). 

On 12/18/2021 at 2:42 AM, Leviathan said:

Durand is kind of a glitch hunter, fighting in shw with 205 pounds, in org that doesn't even have hw. I mind its legitimate if owner letting him do that, but definetly doesn't deserve oty award. And I will only mention that all of real elites kts are in other org

AKF is doing great building, but yeah, Durand was the only top 20 ranked fighter who’s manager chose to go to AKF instead of Proud FC when we merged with 8Limbs. 

I would have personally loved to see what Durand could have done in ‘21 had he stepped up. Still a respectable run though... 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SonnyMuchacho said:

AKF is doing great building, but yeah, Durand was the only top 20 ranked fighter who’s manager chose to go to AKF instead of Proud FC when we merged with 8Limbs. 

I would have personally loved to see what Durand could have done in ‘21 had he stepped up. Still a respectable run though... 

Call it well managed, haha. Francis Predator just called him out for march, the condition is he goes from shw if he lose. Let's see what happens :-)

On 12/18/2021 at 5:42 AM, Leviathan said:

Durand is kind of a glitch hunter, fighting in shw with 205 pounds, in org that doesn't even have hw. I mind its legitimate if owner letting him do that, but definetly doesn't deserve oty award. And I will only mention that all of real elites kts are in other org

Both 8L & AKF org owners reached out to me to have Durand compete in both divisions. I made it clear he's not a true HW anymore (at one point he was) but both org owners still wanted to move forward with putting him in both divisions. Just to clear that up.

As far as competing at a "high level KT" org, if you go to Proud FC's records, Durand is still in the top 10 most wins in the org despite not being on that roster for an entire real life year. He held belts from that org through all of its previous incarnations: Rio Heroes, AKT, & Eternity (w/ exception of SYN-K1 & Proud as he wasn't there). Its roster has largely remained the same.

Towards the end of 2020, I had Durand lose weight to fight at LHW to fight some new faces & competition. That being said in 2021, the main champs at Proud for LHW were Riley Knox & Carlos Spiteri both whom Durand already defeated before he exited the company as LHW champ after the org owner of Eternity went MIA.

Since then he's won every title in both divisions for all active open ID KT orgs. In 2021, he went 14-1 w/ the 1 loss avenged via KO. Every fight was a title fight & he was primarily the #1 P4P KT fighter for all of 2021.

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2021 at 3:44 PM, BuffMinion said:

Both 8L & AKF org owners reached out to me to have Durand compete in both divisions. I made it clear he's not a true HW anymore (at one point he was) but both org owners still wanted to move forward with putting him in both divisions. Just to clear that up.

As far as competing at a "high level KT" org, if you go to Proud FC's records, Durand is still in the top 10 most wins in the org despite not being on that roster for an entire real life year. He held belts from that org through all of its previous incarnations: Rio Heroes, AKT, & Eternity (w/ exception of SYN-K1 & Proud as he wasn't there). Its roster has largely remained the same.

Towards the end of 2020, I had Durand lose weight to fight at LHW to fight some new faces & competition. That being said in 2021, the main champs at Proud for LHW were Riley Knox & Carlos Spiteri both whom Durand already defeated before he exited the company as LHW champ after the org owner of Eternity went MIA.

Since then he's won every title in both divisions for all active open ID KT orgs. In 2021, he went 14-1 w/ the 1 loss avenged via KO. Every fight was a title fight & he was primarily the #1 P4P KT fighter for all of 2021.

Well if I'm going to be completely fair, buff is definetly manager who can not be accused for not going at top contenders. But in my opinion Durand haven't earned it this year

• Like 1