TUF Season 2 - Presented by Blaze Entertainment (COACH Teyo Ken vs COACH Mikey C)

saklain

57 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

Teyo said he followed the guidelines you gave him bro but his fighter doesn't seem to fit the entry requirements you listed. 

this is literally the first thing you said on this thread: ( i enlarged the bits his fighter doesn't fit so there is no misunderstanding)

YOU are required to CREATE a fighter from 250-270lbs, nothing more or less.

And we enforced that rule lol. That's why Teyo Ken's fighter must be close to 270 for the fight on October 13th to happen.

We spotted it late but as soon as I knew that Teyo's fighter was overweight, I messaged him immediately. I can make the rules but I cannot buy a weight loss supplement and apply it to Teyo's fighter for him lol. 

come on bro, i highlighted the key issues to avoid confusion. 

HE didn't CREATE a fighter, forget the weight for a second. in a creation tourney each individual has to create his fighter. it says so on the first line of this thread. the letters i highlighted clearly indicate that bro.

let's try one more time:

YOU (Teyo in this case) are required to CREATE (make from scratch) a fighter..... 

that is how this thread begins bro.

that is how all creation tourneys work also as far as i can remember but i could be wrong on that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MikeyC said:

Just to be clear, Teyo's fighter must be 270 or below for the fight to happen. Not "close to 270" as was stated in the above message. I made that explicitly clear in the negotiations with Saklain after Teyo's fighter missed weight the first time, and he said Teyo agreed. 

My apologies, I miss-typed. He must be 270 for the fight to happen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

come on bro, i highlighted the key issues to avoid confusion. 

HE didn't CREATE a fighter, forget the weight for a second. in a creation tourney each individual has to create his fighter. it says so on the first line of this thread. the letters i highlighted clearly indicate that bro.

let's try one more time:

YOU (Teyo in this case) are required to CREATE (make from scratch) a fighter..... 

that is how this thread begins bro.

that is how all creation tourneys work also as far as i can remember but i could be wrong on that.

I agree Teyo should have made his own fighter. I honestly didn't know his fighter was not created by himself until people in the forums began mentioning it. 

8 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

but he said he followed the rules you gave him bro, it doesn't add up. at least one of you is being stingy with the truth...

There's no special rules I gave him lol, he must've misspoke. 

Also, if I have a bias towards Teyo Ken, then I would not be thinking about cancelling the fight between Mikey C and Teyo Ken and allowing Mikey C to automatically advance to Round 2. 

i'm not one to ask for him to be disqualified bro, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of this mix up. had Teyo not tried to put some weird blame on Mikey then this whole can of worms would not have been opened in the first place.

in this thread we have Teyo saying he checked with you it was all cool (more than once) and we have you saying you didn't know he didn't create his own fighter, add to that you are teammates so you can see why it all looks a bit iffy from the outside.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ramirez said:

i'm not one to ask for him to be disqualified bro, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of this mix up. had Teyo not tried to put some weird blame on Mikey then this whole can of worms would not have been opened in the first place.

in this thread we have Teyo saying he checked with you it was all cool (more than once) and we have you saying you didn't know he didn't create his own fighter, add to that you are teammates so you can see why it all looks a bit iffy from the outside.

Let me get this straight, I DID NOT know that Teyo picked up a free agent to use in the tournament until it was mentioned to me from the forums recently. If I did know, I would've told Teyo that he couldn't do that. Why would I just let Teyo get away with something like that as it is so obvious for other people to know whether he created it or picked it up through FA. As for Teyo saying that he checked with me about that, I have never seen that message and if it is out there, please show me. 

Why would I ruin my whole tournament to help my alliance mate win?? What benefit does it give our alliance? If anything when the whole weight fiasco happened, I kept in full contact with Mikey C and asked him what he wanted and was okay with and we made an agreement to have the fight take place because Mikey C WANTED to (huge respect to Mikey C for keeping the tournament alive). 

Also, let's please not take everything Teyo Ken said in the interview literal. It's obvious that he wants to have fun by trash talking and by creating a persona. 

I don't care about alliances when it comes to these tournaments. I created this tournament so that I can have fun and something the MMA Tycoon community can look forward to. I hope there's someone who goes back and reads the forums because of the intense trash-talk. Mikey C and Teyo Ken were chosen as team captains because they were the top 2 ranked managers who signed up for the tournament at the time, those were the rules. I am not biased towards any manager and I know some of this tournament has been a mess but overall it's been very entertaining. And if you guys still don't believe me then look at how my plan is working: Team Mikey C dominated Team Teyo Ken in the first round lol. Anyways, I hope we have a successful rest of the tournament and best of luck to all of the competitors still fighting in the tournament.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:43 AM, teyoken said:

Isn’t it a bigger advantage to have 4-8 slots to roll with then picking the best one? For the record the guy I picked up was NOT scotties best fighter of his pool, he was gifted to me so this tournament can function as it should. I have 1 slot and would’ve spent money releasing I didn’t have. We can all sit here and whine but if you played your cards right and had the slots to roll with it’s even game! Saklain is an alliance member of mine but to suggest something shotty is just an insult to his good reputable name and that’s preposterous. If there was any issue he would’ve stated it to me and if he didn’t want me to compete he would’ve told me that. He wanted to make it so the tournament was possible and im glad we did

this wasn't in the interview bro, it does imply that you had no issue with him being "gifted a fighter by Scottie". that is probably why i thought you were in the know.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, teyoken said:

As he was contracted, and saklain knew my fighter wasn’t my creation and someone on Team Teyo’s so there seems to be no problem. If there was he would’ve informed me, are we trying to bend the rules here fellows?

here is another time Teyo said you knew he didn't create his fighter but are ok with it.

what's going on Saklain? someone is telling porkies that's for sure, i'm curious to find out who it is after all this.

19 hours ago, saklain said:

Let me get this straight, I DID NOT know that Teyo picked up a free agent to use in the tournament until it was mentioned to me from the forums recently. If I did know, I would've told Teyo that he couldn't do that. Why would I just let Teyo get away with something like that as it is so obvious for other people to know whether he created it or picked it up through FA. As for Teyo saying that he checked with me about that, I have never seen that message and if it is out there, please show me. 

just to make it clear you are saying the opposite than Teyo i posted your last quote.

the intrigue continues...

3 hours ago, Ramirez said:

here is another time Teyo said you knew he didn't create his fighter but are ok with it.

what's going on Saklain? someone is telling porkies that's for sure, i'm curious to find out who it is after all this.

Teyo needs to come in here to clarify. I DID NOT know that his fighter was not his creation. 

I really don't know why Teyo would say that. The frustrating part about all of this is that I have no way to prove that I am telling the truth but you can check my background and see that I have good reputation with other managers and have never been involved in shady shit.

And for all those who think that I am being biased to my alliance, I will leave Super Smash Bros right now.

3 minutes ago, saklain said:

Teyo needs to come in here to clarify. I DID NOT know that his fighter was not his creation. 

I really don't know why Teyo would say that. The frustrating part about all of this is that I have no way to prove that I am telling the truth but you can check my background and see that I have good reputation with other managers and have never been involved in shady shit.

And for all those who think that I am being biased to my alliance, I will leave Super Smash Bros right now.

Also, I do not want to send shade at Teyo. Maybe he assumed that since I never said anything about it, that I knew about his fighter not being his own creation and that I was OK with it. 

21 minutes ago, saklain said:

to be honest the guys in Yabai that have interacted with you have said you are a good guy and i concur after the interaction on this thread bro. it seems more like Teyo needed an extra edge in this tourney and unfortunately you ended up with half the shit. for the record Teyo is not a bad guy either but he should now man up and admit he pulled a fast one, or possibly by some misunderstanding somewhere down the line. 

the silver lining on all this is there will be way more hype, way more eyes watching this tourney. i will most definitely be following the rest of the rounds!

• Like 1

Dealing with some semi severe health issues as stated above but I’ve logged on to clear up one final thing, Saklain did not know that my fighter was not created by me. I assumed he did but I guess he did not. Saklain gave me no special rules or whatever, I meant if he felt I violated his set rules he would’ve messaged me about it which I didn’t get any message from him other than the weight cut message. I get how people could see I “violated” the rules, I’m sorry if I dragged any of the fun out of the tournament and anyone coming for Saklain with any accusations toward him is just doing the same thing. I don’t think my fighter will make the weight cut, maybe 271-272 on the night. I’ve tried to make this tournament fun and very interactive by talking trash and making a persona out of being a coach but people really took everything I said literally and if I may say, acted like Karens.  Out of respect for the tournament, and for Saklain I will be dropping out of the tournament and allowing Mikey C to advance to the next round. Although I feel my fighter has the capability to beat his guy and go far in the tournament I won’t let it stall round after round because of a few pounds, plus with the health issues I'm dealing with id rather just step aside. I pulled no fast one, wasn’t trying to gain any advantage, simply just wanted the tournament to go on and Scottie made the fighter at 280 and not 270. Learn to be less sensitive guys, it is a game in the end of the day. Best of luck :):) 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, teyoken said:

Dealing with some semi severe health issues as stated above but I’ve logged on to clear up one final thing, Saklain did not know that my fighter was not created by me. I assumed he did but I guess he did not. Saklain gave me no special rules or whatever, I meant if he felt I violated his set rules he would’ve messaged me about it which I didn’t get any message from him other than the weight cut message. I get how people could see I “violated” the rules, I’m sorry if I dragged any of the fun out of the tournament and anyone coming for Saklain with any accusations toward him is just doing the same thing. I don’t think my fighter will make the weight cut, maybe 271-272 on the night. I’ve tried to make this tournament fun and very interactive by talking trash and making a persona out of being a coach but people really took everything I said literally and if I may say, acted like Karens.  Out of respect for the tournament, and for Saklain I will be dropping out of the tournament and allowing Mikey C to advance to the next round. Although I feel my fighter has the capability to beat his guy and go far in the tournament I won’t let it stall round after round because of a few pounds, plus with the health issues I'm dealing with id rather just step aside. I pulled no fast one, wasn’t trying to gain any advantage, simply just wanted the tournament to go on and Scottie made the fighter at 280 and not 270. Learn to be less sensitive guys, it is a game in the end of the day. Best of luck :):) 

Hope you make a speedy recovery man. The game is just that, a game, so take care of yourself.