Possible idea for VIPs without companies

MMATycoon

OK, so I don't want too many companies, especially ones created by people who are just doing it so they feel they "get the most out of VIP", so I had an idea yesterday.

You can have a max of 2 companies already.

How about if I give out an extra 1 day per week VIP to people who don't have a company? So e.g. every Friday it has a look to see if you have a company or not and if you don't then it gives you 1 free day VIP, so 14.3% extra free, which is 50 days free per year. Maybe even give 0.5 days free per week to people with only 1 company too.

Does that sound like a good idea to prevent excessive company creations?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe you can add additional fighter slots to those VIP's that don't want to own companies. I'm no VIP but I thought I'd share my opinion on the matter

That's tricker because if they got e.g. 11 fighters and then decided to get a company, they'd have to ditch a fighter.

yeah but the thought of getting an extra fighter weighs more to some players than running an org or business. Especially when there are already established orgs in the game

I like the free VIP idea because I am a VIP that doesn't own a company.

But it might be more straight forward if you just offer two levels of VIP one that costs 5 dollars less per year and you aren't allowed to make a company (VIP1), and the more expensive VIP2 that can create a company. This will also give you the ability to put a cap on how many companies are made because you can stop offering the more expensive VIP2. You could even set it up down the road that only someone who has had the VIP1 for a year is allowed to put their name on a list and once a slot comes open for VIP2 it is offered to the people on the list.

Actually that would be a lot more complicated rather than straight forward :D

The thing I'm saying is about 5 lines of code in one of the scripts that runs daily whereas having two different types of VIP would be about a week of work :)

Sorry, I meant more straight forward for the users to understand and gives you the control of how many companies can be created. In my opinion, nothing about the programing you have to do is straight forward.

how about this, everyone's vip begins without the ability to start a company and 10 fighters... 4 months in, you have the choice to add another 5 fighters to your roster, OR to attain the ability to start a company.. and at the 6 month point you have the option to start a second company.

I personally dont see the incentive of an extra few days of vip to be enough to deter people away from the ability to start a company unless they had already decided that they wouldn't bother messing around with companies in the first place. With the idea mentioned above.. the only people who are able to reach the 15 fighter vip, or entrepreneurial vip are the ones who have bought more than a 3 month vip and who have actually been playing the game for at least 4 months. If you've paid for that length of vip and have played for that long, chances are you're fairly involved in the game and are far more likely to be making smart decisions. Our problem is people making companies for the sake of making companies right? well you first give them the choice of having another few fighters rather than companies... but if they're so completely determined to have the companies... well four months into the game, they should have a fairly good idea of how things work and a decent game plan/ business strategy for when they do create the company. Slightly more complicated to implement... yes... more effective, I think so.

I think not letting someone create a company for 4 months is a great way to piss people off actually. 2 weeks maybe but 4 months is longer than anyone (apart from me), has even been a member of this site.

I think having like a test when you are about to create a company will deal with bad gameplans more than just banning people from creating companies.

maybe don't let people sign up for VIP till they have played for a few weeks, or a month. That way their fighters are fighting, and they get the feel of the game before paying, and something really will need to be done, or you will wind up with a bunch of pissed off ORG owners and such, who go broke, and then the fighters connected to them get pissed, IE DUEL FC, and it's a whole fucking mess at the end.

maybe have a time limit to when you can start an org? like start something else first, get a grip on it, then 3 months later, you get the option of starting an ORG

but who knows, this thing is a baby still, and and just may grow up into a monster

What we need are more types of companies.

When fighters are getting paid $10k a fight what are they going to spend it on? Gyms already have elite trainers, the supplements are already pretty damned good. You can only own so many T-shirts. Not soon, but in 6 months or so fighters are going to have thousands and thousands of dollars just sitting in their bank account.

There should be companies that could help take some of that cash off their hands.

gyms have a long ways to go in terms of training quality, and there are a lot of companies in the works if I remember correctly. And perhaps 4 months is a long time to wait... perhaps 2 months and 3 months? I dont think I would be overly concerned with an inability to create companies for the first couple months.. but that could just be me

What we need are more types of companies.

When fighters are getting paid $10k a fight what are they going to spend it on? Gyms already have elite trainers, the supplements are already pretty damned good. You can only own so many T-shirts. Not soon, but in 6 months or so fighters are going to have thousands and thousands of dollars just sitting in their bank account.

There should be companies that could help take some of that cash off their hands.

Maybe incorporate some type of media machine that the fighter can pay into for a popularity/hype boost. Also, there really needs to be sports psychologists. Two of my fighters are manic depressive.

Not sure. I also thought about it being automated. You put in money (lots of it) and get a small hype boost.

How about in a similar way to supplements, the company could hire a marketing expert of X hidden skill level, which may or may not be any good. They then charge whatever they like to the fighter. It's then down to the managers to determine who is doing a good job.

Open to ideas on this one. I think it's a bit too thin to have as a proper company unless we can think of other things to add to it.

What about making having a housing company or something? The VIP can create a dormitory or something for housing fighters. They can add luxury items like a pool, hot tub, basketball courts etc. The better the dormitory the more impact on a fighters morale or something. Probably wouldn't be viable until fighters start getting thousands of dollars for fights. But I don't know....I think it would be kinda cool.