Age and Training gains

XxxtremeT13

Alright, so I know that as the fighter ages training gains decline...with the exception of physicals...but, does that also include when training with a conditioning coach? So, will a 29yr old training physicals through his conditioning coach get the max level of gains, or will those decline as well?

17 hours ago, XxxtremeT13 said:

I'm referring to gains, not declines...do physicals gain at the same rate if you are training with a conditioning coach vs weight training or cardio or yoga?

So if my statement didn't spell it out for you.. let me try again...if the physical training speed doesn't decline over time that means by the transitive property that means gains don't change. Physical gains remain the same throughout career, only skills training speed declines. 

14 hours ago, Carciofi said:

No data to back up any claim, but I did pick up an older FA before who seemed to struggle with stamina gains. It was slow enough that I dumped him because of it (along with the de-pops in primary skills). 

Was his physical training gains enough to bypass the attrition due to old age or hitting his randomly generated drop off age, or hitting the random skillcap that results in skill deterioration? Could be a mix of all of those factors as to why he didn't gain much.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, Sprooch said:

Was his physical training gains enough to bypass the attrition due to old age or hitting his randomly generated drop off age, or hitting the random skillcap that results in skill deterioration? Could be a mix of all of those factors as to why he didn't gain much.

Tough to remember, but I think it was something like 12 cardio sessions to jump from remarkable to wonderful. Another player was helping me monitor and agreed something was up. I don’t really get into crunching too many numbers and his skills weren’t jaw dropping, so I can’t pin point the cause - it was certainly noticeable though.