Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Okay so I recently one a fighter IQ test from the spin and win but really wasn't sure if I should save it or use it on a fighter I currently have....

Correct me if I am wrong but I should def use it on a young fighter no older than 20-21 and ideally an 18 yr old but I am unsure if I should wait till they fight a certain amount of fights before using it or not lol

So ya I Need a rundown on what to do with my IQ test

Use it on a fighter you know you're gonna keep long term (because he's good, not because you like his name/avatar). If he shows some good hidden eg granite chin on his tale of the tape, you know he's got potential. Doesn't matter how old he is, although 18 yr old creations have the best future career ahead of them, with most time to grow and their fastest learning speed for longer. After 20 or 21 learning speed slows down.

• Upvote 1

Use it on a fighter you know you're gonna keep long term (because he's good, not because you like his name/avatar). If he shows some good hidden eg granite chin on his tale of the tape, you know he's got potential. Doesn't matter how old he is, although 18 yr old creations have the best future career ahead of them, with most time to grow and their fastest learning speed for longer. After 20 or 21 learning speed slows down.

Yeah I definitely am not one to keep a guy or like him because of his name or something like that lol Shit if that was that important I would just name a new creation the same name or something haha but thanks for the input on the subject

It's a personal choice issue but I would use it on a young guy, specifically on my ground build guy's as intelligence seems to be weighted more towards that style of fighter. When you use it is largely irrelevant however it's worth saying the result from testing the same fighter twice can differential 10 points either away (I think) so its not 100%.

thanks for the input guys, greatly appreciated

I believe 142 is quite a bit above average. Just keep in mind that the tests usually vary by 10 points or so.

Okay thanks, so when you get the score back it's basically like a persons credit score lol 3 different scores that are usually within 10 numbers

Do you happen to know how the scoring breakdown is set up for the tests or know if it is listed in the wiki? I was unable to find it but I could have just missed it or something

What is the best way to set up a training schedule? Trial and error?

Depends on what do you want to do with your fighter:

- start fighting early - train a lot physicals and spar a bit(imo not good in long term)

- project fighter - build the secondaries you want to elite then start training primaries and physicals - needs at least 3 months before he could take a fight

- fighter at his peak - do some sparring and train physicals because they dont have cap for now.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best way to set up a training schedule? Trial and error?

No need for trial and error, the best way to set up training would be to focus on either 1 or 2 skills at a time. You could have all your 12 training sessions for Punch Technique, so your progress will be way faster, but if you want to add sparring sessions, make sure to never spar twice in a row, meaning that a maximum of sparring sessions per week should be 6, either all AM or PM sessions.

Afaik 150 is the highest possible.

Not necessarily. Mike has said that the IQ scores in the messages are converted from the "hidden" score into "human" scores. So while 150 is the highest you can have in a hidden, it's not necessarily the highest possible for a human. The highest I've seen is 147.