Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Total skills cap goes down with every birthday and also with injuries.

You can reach the cap even at younger age - 25 for example. If you continue training, your fighter will gain points in the skills you are training, but gonna lose same amount of points in other skills(starting from the highest ones) in order to fit the total skills cap.

That's much more sparring than I'm doing with my projects. Do you always do that? Only Boxing sparring I reckon?

I ease them in. Towards the end of their 1st year they might be doing a couple a week (eg if they have MT to start with then I will give them a boxing and a wrestling or a wrestling and a BJJ). When they're 19 they might do three a week. By the time they're 20 they are doing at least four spars a week, one of each discipline. That'll go up to five a week if I want to focus on something (eg 2 x boxing, 2 x MT, 1 x wrestling for a standup focus). Up to six spars a week for my capped out or near as guys. Seven spars a week is for pure sparbots! (I haven't used sparbots for a long while now, my older fighting guys just spar loads to help out the youngsters.)

• Upvote 1

Hey was just reading that flying for a fight wasn't required due to teleportation being in effect. Just wondering if this is still happening or if Mike turned teleportation off?

Did you pick a mentor from the mentor page already and they just have not accepted or declined the request?

Hey there, I am new, I have picked up 3 fighters. I have glanced through a lot of things. I just need a few tips and tricks. How long for a mentor to respond? I am self motivated and a fast learner. Look out for a bro. :pootling:

I've noticed that my fighters rarely pop in the afternoon. Most of their improvements are really early in the morning (I am guessing from the morning training) but then in the afternoon nothing almost. Am I doing something wrong? There is this Priority option that I have 0 idea what it does. Any help is welcome, I am training with double and triple elite coaches and 1 fighter per class (1v1). I believe I am doing something wrong. I used to see a lot more popping back when I was in multiple gyms with 2+ fighters per coach. It should be faster/better to train in my private gym no?

I've noticed that my fighters rarely pop in the afternoon. Most of their improvements are really early in the morning (I am guessing from the morning training) but then in the afternoon nothing almost. Am I doing something wrong? There is this Priority option that I have 0 idea what it does. Any help is welcome, I am training with double and triple elite coaches and 1 fighter per class (1v1). I believe I am doing something wrong. I used to see a lot more popping back when I was in multiple gyms with 2+ fighters per coach. It should be faster/better to train in my private gym no?

There's no difference between am and pm sessions! You need to check what time of day in your own timezone the training takes place (8:30-8:34 GMT) and have a look just after to see what's happening. It sounds like you are just being paranoid! It's possible you are seeing less pops because your fighters are growing up. Skills are learnt much faster from low levels. By the time things are mediocre or respectable it takes significantly longer for pops to happen. I'll have a quick glance at your gym to see if I can spot anything..

And coach priority is only to put them in order on the gym page, purely cosmetic.

Edit: gym looks fine. 3 triple elites is a bit extreme but if you can get away with it for now why not, it's luxurious! You only actually need a triple elite to train clinch, so you might be better off sacking two of them and making another punch MT or another wrestling BJJ, or another CT. As you have a private gym there should be no excuse for training 2:1 ever. It's almost as good as 1:1, but "almost" isn't perfect is it? Keep sparring high as well, minimum 5 but up to 9 if possible.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys, yeah I'm being paranoid. Just realized my crazy popping days were when I had 4 fighters on the Island and was just training physicals like crazy :) I picked up a few veterans next and yeah you are right those are capped most probably.

Oh I learned something today : I honestly thought (from the wiki description) that sparring was in groups of 5 fighters ... if I had say 6 fighters training boxing they would be separated in 1 group of 5 (the best boxers) and 1 noob sparring all by himself.

I understand better now that as long as I respect the 5 minimum criteria all 6 will get trained properly (that is it right? all 6 will benefit from the boxing sparring?) Is there an optimal sparring number?

Another noob question: I noticed that in creation tournaments managers focus on their primaries really fast. Is this because primaries determines for example which fighter will prevail in say boxing? Here is an example to better illustrate my question:

Manager A has a fighter with (11) Boxing and (13) Punches and he goes against Manager B who has a fighter with (13) Boxing and (11) Punches [just for the sake of this example let's not take into consideration striking defense ok?] .. which manager has the upper hand? Does primaries trump secondaries?

Thanks guys, yeah I'm being paranoid. Just realized my crazy popping days were when I had 4 fighters on the Island and was just training physicals like crazy :) I picked up a few veterans next and yeah you are right those are capped most probably.

Oh I learned something today : I honestly thought (from the wiki description) that sparring was in groups of 5 fighters ... if I had say 6 fighters training boxing they would be separated in 1 group of 5 (the best boxers) and 1 noob sparring all by himself.

I understand better now that as long as I respect the 5 minimum criteria all 6 will get trained properly (that is it right? all 6 will benefit from the boxing sparring?) Is there an optimal sparring number?

Another noob question: I noticed that in creation tournaments managers focus on their primaries really fast. Is this because primaries determines for example which fighter will prevail in say boxing? Here is an example to better illustrate my question:

Manager A has a fighter with (11) Boxing and (13) Punches and he goes against Manager B who has a fighter with (13) Boxing and (11) Punches [just for the sake of this example let's not take into consideration striking defense ok?] .. which manager has the upper hand? Does primaries trump secondaries?

you must have at least five people sparring and if you have more than nine then they'll get split up in two groups. to get maximal gains the average group's worth must be 20% higher than the fighter's.

I could be wrong but from my experience primaries trump big time. in your example I believe Manager B has the upper hand. Even with the secondary lower I believe you could still do well. for punches MT also play a role and I have no idea how much of a role it is though. this applies to other secondaries that are affected by two primaries.

wow that's high. makes me feel better about myself.

That decision win was mostly sliders+secondaries. When you know you cant finish your opponent, especially at lower weights, you can set 70-80% aggro + full accuracy and get an ez decision win. Recovery at lower weights is damn high + power is damn low, this is why it is boring to fight there since everyone spams aggro and accuracy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That decision win was mostly sliders+secondaries. When you know you cant finish your opponent, especially at lower weights, you can set 70-80% aggro + full accuracy and get an ez decision win. Recovery at lower weights is damn high + power is damn low, this is why it is boring to fight there since everyone spams aggro and accuracy.

Thanks for the input. I've noticed aggro + accuracy is highly effective for good fighters with good chins but I didn't know it was as spread a tactic at lower weight as you make it sound to be. I love seeing my fighters score a counter strike in the pbp but may be time to use less counter.

Man I have tried many times to get a KO at lower weights, but most of the times you end up losing by decision. The engine works in a way that you have to get energy advantage in order to score a KO and with the strong energy recovery at 135-155 lbs it is almost impossible to do it. I am still trying it cause it is damn boring to spam aggro/acc in every lower weight fight but 9/10 times most you can get is rocking your opponent, then his heart hidden triggers and he becomes even stronger. I even moved Sackett from Syn 135 champion to 155 lbs. because I got bored with decision sliders in every fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh shit that's good to know guys (about the lower weight classes). I mostly build or pick up guys at 170 lbs and more because honestly those are the fights that I like watching in real life. So happy to have a roster mostly of heavys now that I know how the engine works.

135,145 for me usually means its time to take a smoke break when watching the fights with my friends :) (although that MM slam into armbar was epic I must admit).