Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Is "See how it goes" Slider also effective in defending Takedown/GroundStrike/Submission??

• Follow my orders vs See how it goes: During a fight, your fighter will assess how well he thinks he is doing in each area of the fight (standing, clinch and ground work). Depending on how intelligent and experienced he is, he may decide to change his gameplan. However, if you don't want him to change his gameplan at all, you can say so using this tactic slider. The only exception is if you tell your fighter to never do something (e.g. never go to the ground). If that's the case, no matter how badly he's doing in the other aspects of the game, he won't take it to the ground.

How often do you usually get fights and also how many fighters can i sign been trying to sign free agents 2days now. My first fight is also tmr Soap Killer in Quick fight league amsterdam

How often do you usually get fights and also how many fighters can i sign been trying to sign free agents 2days now. My first fight is also tmr Soap Killer in Quick fight league amsterdam

Best advice I can give you is to stop creating fighters/trying to sign free agents. Get yourself a mentor first:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/mentor.php

A mentor can help you with the basic stuff, but don't create crappy fighters without getting to know the basics of the game, because u would have to wait to release them.

• Upvote 2

It depends qfc fights can give you the quickest fights and you could probably look at 3-4 fights every 2 weeks that way. But if you want real competitive fights join an org (heavily recommend listening to ovoxo, before even attempting this) and your fighters will generally fight every 2-6 weeks.

Do get a mentor the way you made your first fighters seems practical in real life but really don't work that well in this game. EVERYONE HERE HAS DONE IT! Once you see why it makes sense.

I think I've asked this before: Is it bad to train the same skill morning and evening? For example: punches + punches

I know sparring all day is bad but not sure about secondaries.

Some people say it's no problem but just joined a gym that advertises not doing this so I'm asking again.

no problem to train secondaries/physicals back to back

• Upvote 1

thanks Kendrick :)

Another noob question: What makes a grappler a red belt ? I noticed my guy Farfy was a red belt when i picked up from FA. he has lost a bit of points but overall still showing as Elite on BJJ . But he is now a black belt.

Man I love grapplers but having a really hard time winning w him :( with escapes the way they are letting an opponent take me down is no longer an option and I gotta build his TDD up. I really hope Mike and the group fix grappling. It's just crazy unrealistic having such a skilled grappler and not being able to submit anyone lol I have tried soooo hard but it just doesnt happen :( He is highly intelligent too.

thanks Kendrick :)

Another noob question: What makes a grappler a red belt ? I noticed my guy Farfy was a red belt when i picked up from FA. he has lost a bit of points but overall still showing as Elite on BJJ . But he is now a black belt.

Man I love grapplers but having a really hard time winning w him :( with escapes the way they are letting an opponent take me down is no longer an option and I gotta build his TDD up. I really hope Mike and the group fix grappling. It's just crazy unrealistic having such a skilled grappler and not being able to submit anyone lol I have tried soooo hard but it just doesnt happen :( He is highly intelligent too.

I have quite a good success rate with subs and I can say now after all this time, that it's as much down to the manager (opponent) and how he/she has their sliders as it is the skill levels of the fighters (with an exception of massive skill gaps). High level managers can do a lot with decent defensive secondaries (negating your ground game by good control; getting lots of ref stand ups and escapes). I deduce that a low activity opponent will require a high level aggression whereas a high activity opponent (like a GnP guy) will require less activity: higher counter or high transitions (subbing once in a while).

I use a variety of different approaches with grappling whereas there seems to be less options striking at range. While standing there are the two main sliders damage/accuracy and aggression/counter whereas on the ground you have 3 main sliders. How they all work exactly remains a bit a mystery, but I will say that your options are narrowed down by the measure of your opponent. Eg there are only 1 or 2 options against a defensive grappler whereas there are many options (to how you set your sliders) against an active grappler. You have an excellent KO record. If you could tweek your ground game, you could have one the best finishing rates in the game.

What strategy do I follow to keep morale high? the morale of the fighters goes down and I have no idea how to upload it

Buying and applying clothing to your fighters. Standard magic whites suck so over time you must actually buy clothes from clothing companies. These clothes will deteriate over time as well they start at 150 quality (magic whites start at 100) generally you want your clothing over 130. Also quality of gym equipment effects morale as well, so it's good to keep your fighters in gyms with pristine gym equipment.

A and B are Fighter A and Fighter B. Fighter A is red corner, B is blue corner.

S = points earned at standup for Points Breakdown Graph, C is points in clinch, G is points on ground. It is still split for Fighter A and Fighter B

Zone time Graph - time of the fight spent at Standup, clinch and ground

Energy graph shows energy for both fighters in the beginning and in the end of the fight

Rest 3 graphs show hype and popularity change for fighters after the fight and also manager hype changes for both managers after the fight.

• Upvote 1

Fight rating is something like how exciting was the fight. But to be honest, it is random AF. Not sure if it plays any significant role for the fighters or for the event rating but I doubt it. Never paying attention to it. You should know that winning with more aggression gives your fighter a slight popularity boost. Anyway, better focus on winning the fight and dont build your gameplan looking for popularity increase instead of looking for a win. Popularity value matters mostly for the org income and the contract offers your fighters will be getting. But the important value for the fighter is his hype because it determines his P4P and weight class rankings.

• Upvote 1

tHE FIGHT RATING GETS a lot OF REAL ESTATE on the page.

Energy must be tricky. Two fights that went less than a minute show 0 bars at all for energy. A fight that lasted a few minutes shows 100% (in two different colors) for both fighters.

Could the second fight be a QFC-tournament fight, because there right after the fight energy gets filled back to 100%? If you want link the fights.

• Upvote 1