Noob Questions

MMATycoon

In clinch: Pull guard vs takedowns?

The way I understand it is that pull guard is a bit easier but you land in bottom position on ground, takedown is a bit harder but you end up on top. Do I understand it correctly?

Also: control vs finish?

When you're offensive ground fighter I get it, but when you're defensive, how does this slider affect transitions, counters and escapes?

Control is more, get to dominant position and stay there. Very wrestling, Jon Fitch style. You can still transition when controlling, you just won't look to put in a fight ending submission or hit really hard Jeremy Stephens vs Godofredo Pepey ground and pound.

The aggressive counter slider affects this, usually if you're going against like a crazy BJJ kid who is sub spamming, you could counter and transition into mount on his submission attempts (as long as you don't get submitted) and then GNP from there.

Escapes the slider or skill? The skill is useless (do not waste points on it) but if you want to escape, from being on the ground. I use transitions and a high stand up rate. Not too high.

• Upvote 2

In clinch: Pull guard vs takedowns?

The way I understand it is that pull guard is a bit easier but you land in bottom position on ground, takedown is a bit harder but you end up on top. Do I understand it correctly?

Pull guard relies more on BJJ belt then does TD's from clinch

Also: control vs finish?

When you're offensive ground fighter I get it, but when you're defensive, how does this slider affect transitions, counters and escapes?

A control is only a control where a finish is further divided into sections like : advance/sub/GnP

say you are 50% control/finish and 50% on sub-strike/advance and also 50% on ground strikes/subs

That means that out of 20 moves on average you will do this:

10 controls

5 advances

2.5 GnP

2.5 subs

• Upvote 2

Could someone point me in the direction of a good Hall of Fame so I can see fighters that have been successful in the past.

You could also try clicking 'rankings' on the right hand side of your profile page and see the current highest ranked fighters/ most successful fighters at the moment.

Hello! Im i bit curios about my training what to focus on.

If i have got it right your fighter cant be elit on everything but how good can he get?

well if your going by skill cap i think the best you can get to is 2750 duphus i think told be that ages ago but don't quote me but you can peak way before that .I have a fighter for example had all his physicals or elite five elite secondary and 2 sensational .For primaries 3 of then or elite with the other sensational an his skill cap 2640 .So to some up your better off focusing on what type of fighting you what to be and get the relevance skills to at least sensational level before your try to diverse your skill .Hopes this helps

well if your going by skill cap i think the best you can get to is 2750 duphus i think told be that ages ago but don't quote me but you can peak way before that .I have a fighter for example had all his physicals or elite five elite secondary and 2 sensational .For primaries 3 of then or elite with the other sensational an his skill cap 2640 .So to some up your better off focusing on what type of fighting you what to be and get the relevance skills to at least sensational level before your try to diverse your skill .Hopes this helps

This is correct as far as I know, I have one fighter at 2750 but that just depends on their skill cap % which can be anywhere from 76 to 80% of the 3450 total skills available.

so around 2622 to 2760 is pretty much the range, not including being to slow to ever get capped, injuries, age or other things that will lower his cap % over time.

Subs are strong at the beginning of the game, when you're more likely to see a lot of skill separations. I just picked one of my fighters without subs, doesn't mean they don't work just harder at the top level. Basically you need around 4 to 5 useless skills to be elite everywhere else.

Does this mean (and this may mean I run into trade secrets here so ignore me if I do) that there is no inherent disadvantage being useless in something compared to being generally inferior in several areas?

For instance, if you came across someone with elite elbows and they caught you in the clinch and proceeded to land a handful of elbows your fighter would not suffer more than if he is facing a puncher who is elite/elite against someone who was sensational/sensational.(I think that is the right progression levels).

Do strikers still dominate this game? Been awhile since I played here.

Obviously I am no expert but it certainly looks to be the case.

The vast majority of guys in the top 10 lists are sensational or elite in the first three disciplines and a brown belt in BJJ, Now that doesn't tell (well doesn't tell me at least) what that level is but it must be lower than the other average stat line as there is black and red above it.

Does this mean (and this may mean I run into trade secrets here so ignore me if I do) that there is no inherent disadvantage being useless in something compared to being generally inferior in several areas?

For instance, if you came across someone with elite elbows and they caught you in the clinch and proceeded to land a handful of elbows your fighter would not suffer more than if he is facing a puncher who is elite/elite against someone who was sensational/sensational.(I think that is the right progression levels).

Even being elite in MT but without having elbows or knee's, he will likely be less stars on MT then a sen/sen guy with high elbow and/or knee's so he's still likely to get hit with an elbow or knee.

I doctored this photo to change some skills slightly so you can't tell which fighter of mine it is, but this will give you an idea of a top 20 P4P fighter

http://i.imgur.com/Mm4dxoW.png

I've had quite a few top 10 P4P fighters and only one of them have had skills like that. Hiddens are much more important than skills in my experience. Hell, look at Womba. He's retired now so I don't mind sharing this.

http://i.imgur.com/awYfYsA.png

I've had quite a few top 10 P4P fighters and only one of them have had skills like that. Hiddens are much more important than skills in my experience. Hell, look at Womba. He's retired now so I don't mind sharing this.

http://i.imgur.com/awYfYsA.png

Total training sessions 0?

. Hiddens are much more important than skills in my experience.

i agree with this statement -- hiddens mean a lot -- here is gein's skill level and he had crappy confidence hidden -- his confidence hidden was so low and bad that he actually would not gain any moral from winning a fight -- he probably would of been a major beast if had any confidence at all -- he did lose some skill level to degrading he was higher than this

have thought about bringing him out of retirement for a fight or two but not sure how huge degrading would hit him since been retired for long time now

Karl Denke was by far my highest skilled fighter ever when i cut him -- think he was at 82% or something like that

http://oi58.tinypic.com/33210li.jpg