Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Hi seniors, my fighter George got an important fight but do you seniors see George have any chance winning?

George has useless boxing, useless MT, wonderful wrestling and BJJ purple belt.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=247930

His opponent has proficient boxing, useless MT, remarkable wrestling and BJJ purple belt.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=229911

That means his opponent can totally outclass George in standup area but George just has a very slight advantage with his ground game. So does George have any chance winning this fight? Thanks in advance.

Yeah of course. You'll get it to the ground eventually, just don't over commit to the takedowns and become too predictable with them. If your accuracy is high you'll have more chance of landing the tkd. Then hopefully on the ground you are better than him (def grap, trans, gnp, subs, even strength) Smash him and sub him like you want to. You'll have to be brave but there's your advantage.

I lost my second ever fight on the game to your opponent, the fighter not the manager, so I hope you destroy him! I forgot to set my sliders that day so didn't help my boy out...

I personally rest mine once they drop below 85% and usually don't start them again until 90%+, but it will also depend on the sessions they have coming up in the next few days and the distance until their next rest session/weekend.

Remember that sessions like Circuit Training and sparring (I think) use more energy than a regular skills coaching session.

Shit Krad u let them go to 85%? I always stop at 90% unless its an important sparring session

• Upvote 1

When it comes to a clothing store do you have to stick to the items in the templates or can you create other items like hats, bandanas, gym bags, ect?

I think all images would function the same (top/bottom)

I've heard a lot of numbers thrown around for ideal %'s.

In my case it just comes down to how frequently/infrequently I want to dick around with my training. 85% tends to be the sweet spot where my new fighters can train skills, CT and spar as well as rest twice a week and I'll only need to stop their training to rest a couple of times before conditioning hits the point that they will always remain >85%.

Yup, generally once they get up to conditioning (10/11) I will take them down to 1 rest session than at (13/14) I will make it all week training.

Again, it depends on the types of sessions (sparring and CT particularly) and the energy loss supps (if any) that you're using.

How did you know we're all old?

And there's no such thing as 'one-on-one' sparring, other than having the same two guys in the same sparring sessions. With sparring ideally bigger groups are better, and the more high skilled guys in that group the better.

If you have a 1 star boxer training with a 5 star boxer, your 1 star will get great benefit. Even more if there's 10 of the 5 star boxers training with him.

• Upvote 1

How did you know we're all old?

And there's no such thing as 'one-on-one' sparring, other than having the same two guys in the same sparring sessions. With sparring ideally bigger groups are better, and the more high skilled guys in that group the better.

If you have a 1 star boxer training with a 5 star boxer, your 1 star will get great benefit. Even more if there's 10 of the 5 star boxers training with him.

I use the word "senior" just for saying you mates are more experienced than me, or am I using a wrong word?

Thanks for your answer mate because I saw some threads in this forum are about "sparring one-on-one" so I thought there is such thing.

• Upvote 1

Use whatever word you want mate, I am just joshing ;)

It is possible they were referring to one-on-one coaching for individual secondary skills. This definitely improved the training you receive.

For example your guy is the only one in the Punches class.

• Upvote 1

I had thought sparring sessions were split into groups of six depending on the skill level???

If 12 are sparring the lower 6 spar with each other while the higher 6 levels spar in a seperate group.

I was also under the impression that sparring with a star level no more than 2 stars above you was best?... Was I mistaken here?

I couldn't say. I've heard this (or similar things) said but the Wiki doesn't mention it at all. I just take a 'more is merrier' approach, both to group sizes and skill levels.

• Upvote 1

hey guy, i just wanna ask..what is the best position for submission???

now that a proper answer to your question has been slated I can now say something like: Having the name Shelldor will get some of us laughing so hard we would submit pretty easy. (big bang theory fan, here) :yes:

• Upvote 1

Re. sparring, you can do one on one sparring if there's just your guy and another guy sparring the same discipline in the same session. If you have more than one of your fighters in the same gym they can spar together no probs as long as you've assigned them to the same session.

I believe you get the best sparring if your partner(s) is two full stars better than you. So a one star sparring with three stars is as good as sparring with five stars. Even if your guy is better than your sparring partner you'll still get benefits from it.

Like K Rad said the more partners the merrier. The classes do get split up if there's loads of you sparring together, the best five spar together, then the next best etc etc, all automatically assigned. The optimum I believe is your guy and four other guys who are five starred in that discipline.

PS boom, brown belt.

• Upvote 1

Re. sparring, you can do one on one sparring if there's just your guy and another guy sparring the same discipline in the same session. If you have more than one of your fighters in the same gym they can spar together no probs as long as you've assigned them to the same session.

I believe you get the best sparring if your partner(s) is two full stars better than you. So a one star sparring with three stars is as good as sparring with five stars. Even if your guy is better than your sparring partner you'll still get benefits from it.

Like K Rad said the more partners the merrier. The classes do get split up if there's loads of you sparring together, the best five spar together, then the next best etc etc, all automatically assigned. The optimum I believe is your guy and four other guys who are five starred in that discipline.

PS boom, brown belt.

This actually makes me wonder, say the group size is 5(it was said to be 5-6) if you have 6 people would the top 5 spar together and the lowest skilled fighter walk away with nothing or can I assume the game is smarter then that and would break it up differently, say 2 groups of 3? If so it appear having sparring only go up in intervals of 5 would be ideal to ensure you get 4 training partners.