THE LAST SHOOTING STAR II PREVIEW

Icon73

1 hour ago, Jet said:

Solid event but I noticed one thing, why did Combate fighters outright DOMINATE SYN fighters in almost every fight? It reminded me a lot of the Bellator vs Rizin card where one side completely swept and dominated the other, which in this case was Combate crushing SYN. Surely this would make Combate the rightful winner of the org of the year award for 2022 considering that when it came down to when it matters most they won with ease on the biggest event in the second half of the year with a majority of the fights being crossovers? I don't mean to offend any SYN associates but this was straight up embarrassing.

I find this take really dumb for a bunch of reasons.

1. There were tons of super fights with Combate and syn this year where we won. Multiple times where we swept them. If it all came down to one night then that kinda dismisses the entire year. Overall including this event we are 6-6 against them (6-4 if you disclude Rod, 6-7 if you include Bird vs Todd) 

Either way you slice it you can't say they dominated us over the year.

To top it off SYN fighters took 5/8 Gold medals in the Olympics. Combate had 1. Should that determine it? I would also say no but its just to point out how these things aren't the end all be all

2. Since you brought up Bellator and rizin, much like Kyoji Horiguchi representing Bellator while having made his bones in UFC and Rizin Rod was brought up in Cali and syn well before ever going to Combate.

3. Jake bird just lost to exotic, why is that not counted? Why count the champ vs our contender?

4. Adam Puno is a dynasty fighter not Combate.

5. Overall we had way bigger shows, write-ups, posters, rankings, just a consistently bigger and better org. End of the day we benefit from this. All these guys are syn guys. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jet said:

Solid event but I noticed one thing, why did Combate fighters outright DOMINATE SYN fighters in almost every fight? It reminded me a lot of the Bellator vs Rizin card where one side completely swept and dominated the other, which in this case was Combate crushing SYN. Surely this would make Combate the rightful winner of the org of the year award for 2022 considering that when it came down to when it matters most they won with ease on the biggest event in the second half of the year with a majority of the fights being crossovers? I don't mean to offend any SYN associates but this was straight up embarrassing.

Judging by your way of thinking i should be voted manager of the year, due to performing really well during the past month. No need to take into account Billy's, or Carter's, way more consistent performances all year long.

• Upvote 2

On 1/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, AlexManiatakos said:

Judging by your way of thinking i should be voted manager of the year, due to performing really well during the past month. No need to take into account Billy's, or Carter's, way more consistent performances all year long.

How much did you get for this write up?

• Downvote 4

12 hours ago, Jet said:

How much did you get for this write up?

No offense mate but your opinion is extremely biased. You seem to have a beef with Keyshawn that clouds your judgement. The claim that Combate is better than Syn, just because Combate fighters happened to prevail in one event, is way too simplistic.

Combate is fine, i ve had a few fighters there. Balagot Liu was Combate's Champ and 145lbs fighter of the year for 2021.

Syn has been the most competitive and well organised org for 2022. Two levels above everyone else. Period !

No, need to comment on your last post. Will take that as a joke. lol

• Upvote 1