Did Tale of Tape mistake cost my fighter match?

left21

My fighter Ronaldo Gomes {380705} is a Black Belt. On 1/21/23 he fought 

Tayaen Porfirgo {371297} who is a brown belt. But if you look at the tale of the tape

for Gomes he is listed as a brown belt not black belt like on his page. Gomes was 

had to tap out to Porfirgo after trying to submit him on the ground. My question is 

beside the obvious tale of tape error is did this have an effect on the fight as it made his Bjj

even with Tayaen as opposed to better Bjj. Gomes has submission skills and  is not just a black belt.

I am not an expert but here's my take on this situation.

Belts / Primary skill Values of a Martial Art do not tell you what their secondaries are.

Any Belt/Martial Art may be a " secondary-defensive" Belt/Martial Art

or

Any Belt/Martial Art may be a "secondary-offensive" Belt/Martial Art

It is entirely feasible for a Brown Belt to more dangerous on the ground than a Black Belt due to secondary skills so you cannot assume that because your fighter has a black belt they beat a brown belt.

That's why you should look through at least their past few fights to try & gain an understanding of how they fight & what their weapons of choice are.

The in-game equivalent of "watching tape" or recordings of your opponents prior bouts to help decide on your fight-plan.

I understand what you a saying about scouting your opponent and I appreciate the response to my question. But my

fighter is a Black Belt and they are listing him as a brown belt in the tale of the tape. They are taking him down a belt

making him equal to his opponent rather then above which he is. Can a brown belt beat a back belt? Of course I understand

that but my question still is because they are listing him wrong it might have cost him the match. I would please like somebody

who controls the game to fix it so it says he is a black belt, not brown. It is an error. 

• 1 month later...