Leon Edwards blasts UFC president for Colby Covington title-shot push

CelticStryder

Gotta agree with King Leon....... No way Colby should be next in line after a year a half off. Colby clearly doesn't want the fight against Chimaev so thats the fight I am making him take if he wants a title shot if I am Dana. Belal should be next and Colby should have to beat Chimaev or Shavkat before he gets the shot.

• Like 1

I agree with Leon on this one, and the "weigh in" by Colby was a theater piece to give Dana a slight pretext. Had a fighter missed weight he would have not fought, not that there was much chance of that.

Leon beat Usman twice & Usman beat Colby twice, and on paper / form Colby is a slighly lesser version of Usman.

I think Dana wanted Masvidal off the hook for the court case & Colby leveraged it for a title shot, either that or Dana wanted to do another Trump fan a solid right as Trump starts his next run for office.

I think contender should be:

Winner of Colby V Belal

or 

Winner of Burns V Masvidal

Chimaev might be in the picture but his huge 9lb weight miss looms over that.

Rakhmonov is just outside those guys, but has a good case to fight one of them.

i feel like Chimaev will struggle in later rounds with the gas if he's going wild like he did against Burns, but if he can control himself and fight smart, Chimaev could beat Leon, Pereira and Jamal too, become a triple champ, make history but the chances of happening this are very small

also, Leon rejecting a fight against Colby is the right decision, if Dana strips Leon cuz of that, the UFC fans wont react that nice, but this 100% wont happen, there was no fight offer, the talk could be overturned by the money

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...