OVERRATED, UNDERRATED, PROPERLY RATED

Jumba

I thought this would be a cool game, the rules are simple. I'll explain it and include an example

I will put down a subject (any subject) and the next person will say whether they view it as overrated, underrated, or properly rated. After that, they will then put down a subject of their own below it for the next person to rate.

Example:

Jumba: MMA Tycoon

Person 1: Underrated (Explanation optional)

Bananas

Person 2: Properly Rated

Chick-Fil-A

and so on...

First Subject: MMA Tycoon

• Upvote 2

Overrated - There are better curries with nicer flavour in my opinion (especially if we're talking UK Vindaloo) and also better food options in general if you just like heat. I consider my spice tolerance closer to the extreme end of things, so vindaloo doesn't even tickle that part of the palette. Although I absolutely adore really hot food, it has to add to the overall enjoyment/flavour profile and I feel a lot of vindaloos don't contribute more than some other types of curry and just add heat. It's the same reason some of the hottest chillis in the world do not appeal, because it's just raw heat that add no taste. However, if you use something like ghost peppers as part of a stewed/created hot sauce with other ingredients to give it a better flavour profile while maintaining the uber high scoville units, then that's fine. It's why bird's eye/chilli padi and habanero are so popular - they actually taste good while being hot.

MMA Tycoon Elbow Secondaries

• Upvote 2

Under Rated - I don’t use them that much I haven’t been around the game long enough to train them onto one of my fighters for him to use in a fight. From what I have read they are the best way to open up cuts which makes sense and sounds like a good thing. I do feel that other things like kicks and punches will always overshadow them but knees and elbows in the clinch seem kinda forgotten to me at least. 

Willie Diggs being the next goat

Properly Rated - I think everybody can see Willie Diggs is a problem and will continue to be a problem. It's only a matter of time before he reaches #1 P4P MMA. He's only 26, hasn't lost since he was 19 years old (19 fight win streak), never lost a title fight, he's apart of an elite family gene in the Diggs family, and is at one of if not the top organization in the entire game now. I don't see this reign of dominance stopping anytime soon, and it'll be cool to see his story continue to unfold.

TWGC/Grappling in MMA Tycoon

Underrated - though it has its issues & I am yet to fully participtae so am as guilty as anyone, I think the TWGC format is good - I would love to see the round timers expanded upon and I would also like to see some grappling that doesn't exclude ground striking like the slapping seen in combat jiu jitsu it's still good & I love the no energy loss so its perfect for your in-training development fighters to get some money & ticker resets.

Beer.

Overrated-has turned into a corporate holiday where money is the king, either that the most a company can bring in or how big a present somebody can get.

Reality TV

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kenlow73 said:

Reality TV

Properly rated

Does anyone actually rate reality tv in general? There's not many ways you could justify it as a whole as underrated and to overrate something, you have to have some people thinking highly of it in the first place. Even people who consume it and are likely to overrate it are generally aware it's generally a guilty pleasure and trash tv. However, there are occasionally some with a pretty interesting premise like Alone or Jury Duty which raise the overall bar a little bit, so being apathetic towards reality tv doesn't count as overrating it.

Crocs (as in the footwear)

Overrated - My friend has a pair of Shrek crocs that are pretty cool and all lol, but personally I only wore crocs when I was like 6-12 years old and I'd put all the little pins of turtles or superheroes or whatever in it to accessorize it. That was the last time I "enjoyed" wearing crocs. They aren't really even that comfy from what I remember and you can't really run in them with the whole "sports mode" part of it. It would only end up making my heels hurt. It's not that serious, but it is to me DAMMIT

Starbucks

Overrated - MFs be going to Starbucks like if they don't have it they will literally die and fall over at the spot if they don't have 3 pumps of pumpkin spice half a pump of vanilla with a caramel drizzle. A shit ton of places make coffee but I feel like the people that go to only Starbucks give them self placebo that Starbucks is the best and they can taste the difference when they really cant they just see a different logo and assume its shit.

Gatorade 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Overrated - liked it as a kid but in reality it’s more bad than good. Lots of sugar and there are plenty of better options for rehydrating. I don’t think most kids even drink it as a form of rehydration but simply as another sugary drink, I know I did. Still better than prime though that stuff tastes terrible.

Running(as a form of fat loss)

• Upvote 3

Every fibre of my being hates this, but running is properly rated for fat loss (particularly sprinting) as long as the training is consistent. Conversely, I feel that a weight training routine is often underrated for fat loss. The effects of a strength regiment has a long lasting impact on your metabolism which continues to burn calories well after the days’ session is finished. 

Professional Basketball

• Upvote 2

Properly Rated - If you are talking about the stuff in the can I use to eat it very often as I lived in Hawaii the gas station across from my school had Spam Matsubi that we would go get for lunch a lot of the time. You have to add it with something else if you don't its just a salty mess that really isn't that great. Not great but not bad if you cook it correctly.

Legos

• 3 weeks later...