Submissions

Fireballer34

Is which submission you get just RNG or do your skills affect it? Like, if you had really good flexibility, would you be more likely to get some subs that in real life require more flexibility? And does the same apply to the person being submitted? Like, if the person has low flex, are they more likely to tap out quickly then try to fight it? Also, does heart affect how early you submit as it does with knockouts? Thanks for the help

Flexibility is more related to kicks though it might play a role, as far as which subs a fighter gets I am pretty certain it's entirely RNG though certain moves are absolutely rarer than others, such as the TDPW (Triple-Decker-Pecker-Wrecker) being probably the least seen.

Here's what Chris Carter had to say on Flexibiity:

[Flexibility] "Impacts BJJ skills (specifically sub offense) and head kicks. Probably has a role in def grappling too.

Any physical that increases or gains pts when you train a secondary or primary, is tied into that skill."

For a few examples (not an exhaustive list) I have personally seen training the following secondaries raise the following physicals, so it follows logic that those physicals improve the function of those secondaries.

Kicks balance    
Takedown Off.   agility  
Def. Grappling     flexilbility
Transitions   flexibility  
Escapes     agility

3 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Here's what Chris Carter had to say on Flexibiity:

[Flexibility] "Impacts BJJ skills (specifically sub offense) and head kicks. Probably has a role in def grappling too.

Any physical that increases or gains pts when you train a secondary or primary, is tied into that skill."

For a few examples (not an exhaustive list) I have personally seen the following secondaries definitely raise the following physicals, so it follows logic that those physicals improve the function of those secondaries.

Takedown Off. agility  
Def. Grappling   flexilbility
Transitions flexibility  
Escapes   agility

Man where do you keep getting these Chris Karter quotes? I might need to study them of something lol

Just now, Fireballer34 said:

Man where do you keep getting these Chris Karter quotes? I might need to study them of something lol

Chris may currently be banned from the forum but he is still keen to share what he's learned, he let's me know useful info via PM's & I am not the kind of asshole to pass off his veteran knowledge as my own so I quote him directly.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Chris may currently be banned from the forum but he is still keen to share what he's learned, he let's me know useful info via PM's & I am not the kind of asshole to pass off his veteran knowledge as my own so I quote him directly.

Chris Karter is the Tom Brady of MMATycoon. You know what’s funny, when I first started playing this game, this may apply to you also, since we started around the same time (and yet your so much better than me) but Chris Karter’s name in game was Papi Rojo, and that’s pretty much what I knew him as for my first few months playing.

• Like 1

Just now, Fireballer34 said:

Do you think Mike would consider unbanning him? I mean, has anyone approached him about it?

/Shrug I have no more idea what Mike thinks on this topic than anyone else, I just help out as a forum mod and that's mostly doing very little except when we have idiot farms spamming account creation to post stupid shit.

Plenty of players have openly asked for CK to be unbanned on the forums & in Discord.

The decision is 100% Mike's though.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Chris Karter is the Tom Brady of MMATycoon. You know what’s funny, when I first started playing this game, this may apply to you also, since we started around the same time (and yet your so much better than me) but Chris Karter’s name in game was Papi Rojo, and that’s pretty much what I knew him as for my first few months playing.

Chris is very knowledgeable and has made a laundry list of improvement suggestions in good detail, the Tom Brady comparison is warranted.

I'm not better than you, If I've had better results that's probably down to a combination of luck & a lot of reading.