9 members have voted

1. 1. Which tournament should happen?

• Wheel of Finishes
    • Level 10
    • Death Spiral
    • Wheel of Death
    • AWC 2024

Option 1: Wheel of finishes

A wheel that decides which finish needs to happen each round. As an option is selected, it is taken off the board. Round robin format, points for a win, extra points for win+selected finish. After group stage 1 final matchup that goes on until the selected finish happens.

option 2: Level 10

all fighters start on level 3. A win brings you up a level, loss brings you down. If you lose on level 1 you are eliminated. Once you win on level 10 the tournament is over. If a fighter has nobody else or an odd number on their level they fight the person closest level to them with the same issue.

(this one definitely will run into some formatting issues, would need someone to help out with that 

option 3: Death Spiral

(copy n paste of post in other topic via Bob slay)

16-Fighter, 25 year old Creation, round robin.

Each round is reduced by a day as the tournament progresses.

Scoring: Loss 0 pts, Draw 1 each, Decision Win 2, Finish Win 3

In the event of a points draw for a ranking position the least amount of fight duration is judged to be the highter positioned fighter.

A 14 days rest

B 13 days rest

C 12 days rest

D 11 days  rest

E 10 days rest

F 9 days rest

G 8 days rest

H 7 days Rest

J 6 days Rest

K 5 days Rest

L 4 days Rest

M 3 days Rest

N 2 days Rest

P 1 days Rest

Option 4: Wheel of Death

3 stage tournament, this one could get hectic. Would need a lot of fighters for it. Would be all of the first three options combined, each as one stage of the tournament, each eliminating a version amount of fighters until the final stage.

Option 5: AWC 2024

Format of the last AWC (I don’t know it, but if this is picked I’ll dig it up) it’s alliances competing against each other to see which is the best. This could be a fun tournament if all the alliances agree to it.

I think I've run three or four AWC tournaments now and have had anywhere from 3-5 fighters per team. All come with their own issues. 

Personally, I think for legitimacy, it should be five fighters per team but then most alliances wouldn't be able to field that unless you allowed some managers to have two fighters each

Three fighters per team is probably the most realistic but even then you might have to allow two fighters per manager. Four fighters is fine but then depending on the format, you open yourself up to ties. 

Wouldn't recommend allowing multiple teams per alliance however. More teams are always better but in my experience this was the biggest mistake I've come across. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Personally, I think for legitimacy, it should be five fighters per team

Personally, Team Georgia would have still won no matter how many fighters!

(but yes listen to Alfred on tournaments, he has run a wide variety of good to great ones)

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

I think I've run three or four AWC tournaments now and have had anywhere from 3-5 fighters per team. All come with their own issues. 

Personally, I think for legitimacy, it should be five fighters per team but then most alliances wouldn't be able to field that unless you allowed some managers to have two fighters each

Three fighters per team is probably the most realistic but even then you might have to allow two fighters per manager. Four fighters is fine but then depending on the format, you open yourself up to ties. 

Wouldn't recommend allowing multiple teams per alliance however. More teams are always better but in my experience this was the biggest mistake I've come across. 

Looks like we have enough votes for the AWC, Alfred if you want to work with me on this I would love some help from a more experienced person in this field. I’ll take a look at former formats but I’m leaning towards three managers per alliance.