In-game robberies

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1148827

Despite the fact that my fighter won, I don't think he should've lol. The stats imply that this guy landed more open range strikes (that should probably count more than clinch punches), and at face value it seems like the dude got robbed. Still though, there is some ambiguity in the sense that we don't really know who landed the more damaging strikes (maybe soderblom had pillow hands) and we don't necessarily know what counts more. Maybe there should be more clarity on this? I'm sure this happened several other times. 

33 minutes ago, Rando88 said:

Despite the fact that my fighter won, I don't think he should've lol. The stats imply that this guy landed more open range strikes (that should probably count more than clinch punches), and at face value it seems like the dude got robbed. Still though, there is some ambiguity in the sense that we don't really know who landed the more damaging strikes (maybe soderblom had pillow hands) and we don't necessarily know what counts more. Maybe there should be more clarity on this? I'm sure this happened several other times. 

I'm curious, how come you aren't using your prior forum profile- EEPUS?

52 minutes ago, Rando88 said:

A few things

1) Damage I feel definitely factors in to some extent, not just volume

2) Robberies do actually happen. The commentator is usually a pretty decent indicator of what's going on, but the judges will wild out on occasion. You can win most rounds per the commentary and then get 45:50'd still by a joke of a judge.

3) The above though I don't think is an example of this. I think this is just a factor in a 10 point must judging system - you're judging each round. He clearly won the first, but then large portions of the 2nd and 3rd rounds were in the clinch where he did absolutely nothing and you did. Doesn't matter if you win the round by an inch or a mile (well it does, but 10-8s are super rare), a round win in a round win. Large portions of 2 out of 3 rounds were in the clinch which your guy won. Thus, he edged the scoring in both those rounds and won more rounds overall and got the decision. If the judging was set to overall, then it could very well have been a different result (a win for the other guy or even a draw).

1 minute ago, Daudy said:

A few things

1) Damage I feel definitely factors in to some extent, not just volume

2) Robberies do actually happen. The commentator is usually a pretty decent indicator of what's going on, but the judges will wild out on occasion. You can win most rounds per the commentary and then get 45:50'd still by a joke of a judge.

3) The above though I don't think is an example of this. I think this is just a factor in a 10 point must judging system - you're judging each round. He clearly won the first, but then large portions of the 2nd and 3rd rounds were in the clinch where he did absolutely nothing and you did. Doesn't matter if you win the round by an inch or a mile (well it does, but 10-8s are super rare), a round win in a round win. Large portions of 2 out of 3 rounds were in the clinch which your guy won. Thus, he edged the scoring in both those rounds and won more rounds overall and got the decision. If the judging was set to overall, then it could very well have been a different result (a win for the other guy or even a draw).

Lot of what you said is true and I don't think this is a DEFINITE robbery, but what I'm more saying is that we don't necessarily know which features count more. I would rather take a bunch of potentially smothered strikes in the clinch than open range punches which have a higher potential of knocking you out if you take them cleanly. It was a close fight definitely and there can be an argument for either side, but we don't necessarily know how to score fights either. If there was a damage meter for example, we would be able to see which fighter's shots were more effective and we wouldn't be forced to speculate about these things. I just slightly lean towards soderblom, but a damage meter would add a lot more clarity and a better visual.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1150529

Check this one out - my guy landed 0 shots, didnt atttempt any TD's or clinches - he also absorbed 6 strikes from the opponent - and somehow won this fight haha

I think the judges we're favouring the org owner here

He either got rewarded for defending the opponents clinch attempts (It shouldnt be rewarded but maybe the game does reward it?) or just a straight up robbery

22 hours ago, Carraz22 said:

Check this one out - my guy landed 0 shots, didnt atttempt any TD's or clinches - he also absorbed 6 strikes from the opponent - and somehow won this fight haha

He either got rewarded for defending the opponents clinch attempts (It shouldnt be rewarded but maybe the game does reward it?) or just a straight up robbery

That's a head scratcher for sure. I have to assume this means attempted striking scores more than clinch attempts. Or, it could be robbery. 

23 hours ago, Carraz22 said:

Given that the winner landed no strikes and loser landed 6 strikes it for sure looks like a robbery if judging should prioritise damage.

Commentary seemed massively biased through the whole fight too.

Maybe the Mafia rigged this one and your guy was always set to lose unless he scored a ko.

On 3/10/2024 at 1:19 AM, Rando88 said:

Lot of what you said is true and I don't think this is a DEFINITE robbery, but what I'm more saying is that we don't necessarily know which features count more. I would rather take a bunch of potentially smothered strikes in the clinch than open range punches which have a higher potential of knocking you out if you take them cleanly. It was a close fight definitely and there can be an argument for either side, but we don't necessarily know how to score fights either. If there was a damage meter for example, we would be able to see which fighter's shots were more effective and we wouldn't be forced to speculate about these things. I just slightly lean towards soderblom, but a damage meter would add a lot more clarity and a better visual.

kenny was set to 25% dmg, round 2 and 3 are extremely close. If the text written is correct, I think kenny lost round 2 by one punch, kenny also worked Smith first 2 minutes of the third before the clinch, round 3 ending pretty much even in strikes. 

Also, if the commentary just isnt fluff it looks like Kenny landed the heavier shoots in round 2 and 3. Guess it was one of those fights. 

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

Given that the winner landed no strikes and loser landed 6 strikes it for sure looks like a robbery if judging should prioritise damage.

Commentary seemed massively biased through the whole fight too.

Maybe the Mafia rigged this one and your guy was always set to lose unless he scored a ko.

My guy won haha

Yeah straight up robbery unless the game rewards defending clinch attempts and strikes? It shoudnt, as it doesnt in real life but maybe the game does reward defence?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carraz22 said:

My guy won haha

Yeah straight up robbery unless the game rewards defending clinch attempts and strikes? It shoudnt, as it doesnt in real life but maybe the game does reward defence?

But thinking about it, it cant be a robbery because even the commentators thought my guy was winning the fight comfortably. So im thinking the game was definitely rewarding him for something - which can only really be clinch defence i think?

Strange one

2 hours ago, Carraz22 said:

But thinking about it, it cant be a robbery because even the commentators thought my guy was winning the fight comfortably. So im thinking the game was definitely rewarding him for something - which can only really be clinch defence i think?

Strange one

Could be the engine was rewarding positional dominance, but damage should trump that, something's whack.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:25 PM, Carraz22 said:

maybe his aggressiveness 67 to 43 strike attempts weighed more than the 6 successful strikes... hahaha... robberies do really happens in real life MMA though... 
i also posted this before where my guy lost one round (round 3) even though he clearly won all rounds... https://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1144618