Headkick the spambots

Suggestion: Headkick the spambots

Suggestions Description: Forums are no fun to use lately and real player activity dropping. Some of the functions described here may help, I'm thinking the cloud content analysis for example should be able to pick up on the posts in russian:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/475095-new-spam-prevention-features/

Do we still have 15 people reading the forums able to give this an upvote to trigger a notification for Mike?

Pros:

• Get rid of spam

Cons:

• It has to be a headkick since that's the only kick that can ko them..

• Upvote 6

Perhaps if it was to remain a purely manual task maybe getting some help for Bob from other timezones could help. e.g. As of me posting this, there has been a new wave only 19 minutes ago, but I dare say Bob may be tucked into bed unless he's having a late night.

Doesn't even have to be a proper moderator, just "King Spam Eater" or something.

I have noticed that the Russian Spam is coming from "old" accounts, these have been "Joined in January 2023" all the way back to "Joined in October 2022" so far, so that might explain how there are so many accounts at one time since these are already in the MMATycoon Forum user database they sidestep all the measures added later on.

There could potentially be hundreds of accounts they have already registered on the forum.

Maybe we need a purge of ALL historical registered accounts with 0 posts to combat that? Everything older than six months maybe.

• Upvote 1

If you do it once you might as well make it auto-repeat as one of those periodic servers tasks. One to select accounts X months old without posts or fights and send them a pm/email to warn about pending deletion. Another with same criteria but X+Y months to delete them.

3 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

If you do it once you might as well make it auto-repeat as one of those periodic servers tasks. One to select accounts X months old without posts or fights and send them a pm/email to warn about pending deletion. Another with same criteria but X+Y months to delete them.

Shouldn't be necessary to repeat it as the extra steps now prevent mass-creation of accounts far better, and I wouldn't bother with a warning for accounts with zero posts, use it or lose it.