Unusual manager demands

Mentor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oddest request I had was some scrub fighter refusing to fight anyone but the top competition. He was 1-0 and my champ was 3-0. I didn't think he was worthy, although I could tell he would become a halfway decent fighter.

That fighter was: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=19431

A talent scout I am not, obviously. :)

To be fair he got beaten by this guy http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=15773 how good could he be? :)

In the short time I ran an org I didn't run into many unreasonable requests. "Worst" was one guy claiming 1500 across was standard for 1-0 fighters. I think he was a top 50 or so manager though, so it's quite possible that was what he was used to getting for his 1-0 fighters. I had little problem signing 0-1 and 1-1 guys to 300-400 across though, and 1-0 isn't that much more valuable, especially not than a 1-1 guy coming off a win.

Well on the flip side, I got an offer yesterday for my fighter Steve Austin. Steve is a former #1 P4P and started his career on a 10 fight win streak. The offer was 200/200/200 for 200 fights expiring on March 1st 2010. How he figured Steve would get 200 fights in in 2 months is beyond me :)

i agree i have a great org owner (2 of my guys fight for MIFC) both are top prospects one with a huge win streak but the other just lost his fight and he is a kid with 2-1. im not a top rich manger and i cant sponsor the money for 2 fighters (i have another unsigned project which i want to invest in). i told him i might need a favor in the future to help me with cash since the guy that lost had a small contract, but nothing to urgent and he immediately sent me 2k without me even asking him. Brian Robertson u are the man and im glad to be fighting for u

Just wanna throw my consensus in here. Brian is really doing a kick ass job with MIFC.

Rofl, funny shit.

I never have that weirdo stuff, although I do some of that the other way arround :)

Because most of the numbers in the contract are completely irrelevant except for the weight class.

So I sometimes offer contracts with 250 fights, or 60 day inactivity clause just for the fun of it. And I actually got one who accepted a 250 fight contract :D, several who are severely underpaid, and most run out december 2010.

I toss the underpaid some cash every know and then.

The oddest request I had was some scrub fighter refusing to fight anyone but the top competition. He was 1-0 and my champ was 3-0. I didn't think he was worthy, although I could tell he would become a halfway decent fighter.

That fighter was: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=19431

A talent scout I am not, obviously. :)

You are a moron, so I'll break it down for you again.

Guerrero was #2 ranked LHW in your org and 1k p4p overall, by COV standards he wasn't a scrub since NY was just created at the time. I asked you if a title shot was in his future and you said Guerrero's last fight rating wasn't high enough to qualify for a title shot, that his build was no good because he had no KO power, and that you were giving it to a guy that was further down in rank because you did not believe in MMA TYcoon's rankings and that you made your own. Yea you knew he was going to be a halfway decent fighter alright lol. Like they say 3 strikes and your out or in this case my fighter is out of your org.

I should have known your org was absolute shit when a guy named Bo Dayshus writes this:

"Cult of Violence MMA is the fight org for the mature. If you have a ridiculous fighter name (e.g. Tea Bagger, Chuck Lidell, Sylvester Stallone, etc), we won't hire you. Forums up at www.covmma.com/forum"

I gave you back the signing bonus after you released him like we agreed upon, so will you please kindly shut your mouth?

Karma is a bitch and no other org owners have had a problem with me.

Juice - dude - chill out!

He was saying how what he thought was a ridiculous request at the time turned out to be for a guy who ended up as the #1 P4P fighter in the game. If anything, he was making fun of himself...

Juice - dude - chill out!

He was saying how what he thought was a ridiculous request at the time turned out to be for a guy who ended up as the #1 P4P fighter in the game. If anything, he was making fun of himself...

He is making it sound like it was a cordial conversation and that he was encouraging my fighter to push harder because he was on his way to bigger and better things lol. It was the total opposite.

Guerrero was #2 ranked LHW in your org and 1k p4p overall, by COV standards he wasn't a scrub since NY was just created at the time. I asked you if a title shot was in his future and you said Guerrero's last fight rating wasn't high enough to qualify for a title shot, that his build was no good because he had no KO power, and that you were giving it to a guy that was further down in rank because you did not believe in MMA TYcoon's rankings and that you made your own. Yea you knew he was going to be a halfway decent fighter alright lol. Like they say 3 strikes and your out or in this case my fighter is out of your org.

I should have known your org was absolute shit when a guy named Bo Dayshus writes this:

"Cult of Violence MMA is the fight org for the mature. If you have a ridiculous fighter name (e.g. Tea Bagger, Chuck Lidell, Sylvester Stallone, etc), we won't hire you. Forums up at www.covmma.com/forum"

I gave you back the signing bonus after you released him like we agreed upon, so will you please kindly shut your mouth?

Juice, did you even read what he said, or did it get all twisted in your head....wow nice overreaction

iv had a few fighters at CoV in the past and i think its a very good org

Dude I was calling myself out for being a retard.

I told you at the time that I had no doubt in your abilities or knowledge as a manager, but I didn't swear by MMA Tycoon's rankings for 1-0 fighters. NY was still very young and there really was no way to run an org besides going by your own internal power rankings. I gave a title shot to someone that had been in the org longer and wasn't willing to give a title shot to a 1-0 fighter no matter what his ranking was. That's all it came down to plain and simple. I don't recall ever bringing up Pedro's build or the fact that he has no KO power, what would that matter to me?

I'm not going to argue this any further, though. I was making fun of myself.

I only want fights every 6 weeks, that is realistic, as you need to train to get better, and if you fight every 3 weeks or some shit, then good for you, cause my guys will eat you alive

Just wanna throw my consensus in here. Brian is really doing a kick ass job with MIFC.

+1

MIFC is great org. I only have one fighter there now (Ala Potku 7454) but in future I would like to get more in. Things just work well there.

I had 2 fighters in EPIC (LV) and I can totally understand why some managers prefer 20-25 days inactivity clause. It was very boring to wait 35 days until my fighters got out. Org isnt consider inactive if org owner just visits this site for 1min or smtg. Thats wrong IMO.