Warning: crap sponsorship offers

bc

Just wanted to give newbies a "heads-up" that Axel Holmström (#19065), owner of MMA Pro Gear (#1187) out of London is offering ridiculously low sponsorships. He offered my 8-1 fighter a $10 sponsorship for 30 days (no freebies). He's a newcomer to the game, so this may not be nefarious but just a misunderstanding of what is a reasonable offer. But I want to warn newcomers that this sort of offer is ridiculous.

I know in the past that the old owner of Afflicted was taking advantage of newbies by offering $1 sponsorships, and I want to help avoid something like that happening again.

I've gotten low ball offers for established fighters in the past. Some are just hoping that your fighter has enough money and you are willing to help them out since they are new.

I did something similar when I first opened. I PMed managers of top fighters and asked them if I could sponsor them for free in exchange for custom outfits. IMO, he should have pm'ed you first and asked if you were willing to help him out.

Did you discuss this with him at all?

I did write him explaining the offer was ridiculous, but I haven't heard back. Like I said, I don't think it was necessarily an attempt to take advantage as much as a newbie mistake -- but I wanted to put it out there so a new manager wouldn't get taken advantage of (intentionally or otherwise).

I just started my company, and I've been offering 0-0 or 1-0 fighters like $100 for 30 days with 1 free something, more established around $300 - 30 days with like 2 free - are those decent offers? Also what is a good sponsorship offer for someone who is 8-1 or around there - you know what, maybe we should make a new thread about that, "What sponsorships your should offer and why"

I just started my company, and I've been offering 0-0 or 1-0 fighters like $100 for 30 days with 1 free something, more established around $300 - 30 days with like 2 free - are those decent offers? Also what is a good sponsorship offer for someone who is 8-1 or around there - you know what, maybe we should make a new thread about that, "What sponsorships your should offer and why"

That's not bad. This was discussed a while back...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7587

I don't see why people need you to 'warn' them about his. a little dramatic maybe?

If you don't like the offer someone shoots you, it's easy enough to decline and say what you think is fair.

If someone wants to help out a new company and accept a small (even next to nothing) offer then it's up to them. And more power to the fighter/manager for helping out by boosting hype.

When you're 50k in debt it's hard to give away cash like it's candy. But it's also necessary to sponsor fighters if you don't always want your company to be on the bottom, so what are gonna do?

I don't see why people need you to 'warn' them about his. a little dramatic maybe?

If you don't like the offer someone shoots you, it's easy enough to decline and say what you think is fair.

If someone wants to help out a new company and accept a small (even next to nothing) offer then it's up to them. And more power to the fighter/manager for helping out by boosting hype.

When you're 50k in debt it's hard to give away cash like it's candy. But it's also necessary to sponsor fighters if you don't always want your company to be on the bottom, so what are gonna do?

A lot of crap went down with a similar situation not so long ago...not sure you were here for it but it got pretty ugly. I totally understand where OP is coming from on warning the sponsorship sender and noobs alike.

I've gotten low ball offers for established fighters in the past. Some are just hoping that your fighter has enough money and you are willing to help them out since they are new.

I did something similar when I first opened. I PMed managers of top fighters and asked them if I could sponsor them for free in exchange for custom outfits. IMO, he should have pm'ed you first and asked if you were willing to help him out.

I used to help my brother with this shit. The way you gotta do it. If somebody has 20,000 they don't need to milk that sponsorship unless the company is loaded with cash, they should just take a $1, 30+ day deal to help boost the hype of a newer company that's just started out that they like.

I own a nutrition company and am heavily in debt and have resorted to doing write ups to make the cash to pay off my loan and maybe do a project fighter or two. The people who moan and complain about low offers get on my nerves, how can a company 20000 - 30000 $ in debt be throwing around hundreds of dollars at a time to sponsor fighters. I sell my product (q123+ stamina) at $15, so i need to sell 7 items to make $105. Im then supposed to offer fighters maybe with 3 - 4 wins on their record some great deal. I think some managers need to take a reality check. I get messages asking to sponsor people to help them into elite gyms etc. lol :suicide_anim: i cant even afford to send all of my fighters into these gyms. Now when i look through my sales anyone spending a little bit with me i may offer one or two of there fighters sponsorships involving mainly freebies. The game is just like the real world, im a struggling company owner just trying to survive.

I own a nutrition company and am heavily in debt and have resorted to doing write ups to make the cash to pay off my loan and maybe do a project fighter or two. The people who moan and complain about low offers get on my nerves, how can a company 20000 - 30000 $ in debt be throwing around hundreds of dollars at a time to sponsor fighters. I sell my product (q123+ stamina) at $15, so i need to sell 7 items to make $105. Im then supposed to offer fighters maybe with 3 - 4 wins on their record some great deal. I think some managers need to take a reality check. I get messages asking to sponsor people to help them into elite gyms etc. lol :suicide_anim: i cant even afford to send all of my fighters into these gyms. Now when i look through my sales anyone spending a little bit with me i may offer one or two of there fighters sponsorships involving mainly freebies. The game is just like the real world, im a struggling company owner just trying to survive.

+1

all those illiterate that think they are getting screwed over should learn to read what is in the contract, and should learn to think what they are about to lose.

Where is the problem if somebody offers you a low contract for 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, like you are about to lose that 100000 billion sponsorship that you had in the back. As if you would lose anything by using that free sponsorship slot that was rotting on your fighter anyway.

Now when you are able to read, read the sponsorship contract, and decline in a mannered way. If you can't read then you get what you deserver.

And what you get is nothing, and Oh boy, what you lose is nothing.

Well, Pro MMA already got 60% hype, so this tactics seems to be pretty successful :)

But to be honest, there's nothing wrong there. If you accept such low contract, that's your problem. People who accept offers like that don't care about money. I personally would not offer so low offers unless I got a "yes" from the manager before.

I agree. Just decline the offer and move on. I just got one the other day for 10$ for 365 days. I just laughed, sent back a decline with a funny sarcastic remark and went on about my business. I dont feel the need to babysit and look out after every other person im competing against on the game. At some point its up to a person to read an offer and use some common sense.

Good luck

Shawn

• 4 weeks later...

I bought about 18 recovery products from a company in amsterdam.

A couple Days later I emailed him and asked he could sponsor my Fighters in amsterdam.

He Responded with " I wish I could but those XXXXXXX are throwing around a lot of money and I cant keep up with them, Shoot me an email next month if things get better I will sponsor as many as I can"

When I got the email from him.

I told him to send all my fighters $1- 30 day contracts to help him.

He did.

the 30 days flew by.

he sent me from free stuff later on and he didn't have to, and it's all good.

My guys dont have a lot of money but you gotta give to get.

Lately I have been trying to give out as much as I can. I get a good amount of mail requests and do my best to honor all of them. The good thing is I am in a position to do just that now that my loan has been paid and sales are regularly consistent. If anyone has a problem with any offer I send and they wish to re-negotiate it, I am always open to that, though it has never happened and I have only had a handful of people decline.

Lately I have been trying to give out as much as I can. I get a good amount of mail requests and do my best to honor all of them. The good thing is I am in a position to do just that now that my loan has been paid and sales are regularly consistent. If anyone has a problem with any offer I send and they wish to re-negotiate it, I am always open to that, though it has never happened and I have only had a handful of people decline.

I'll Sport your gear :smile_anim: Send my guys some offers