Is Steel Penn a Multi?

Is Steel Penn a Multi?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Steel Penn is a multi based on the evidence presented?

Wow, are you guys still going at it?

And expect Mike to waste his time on reading through this crap to find the important parts?

Do you also expect this to speed up the ticker removal system he's working on?

Seriously?

The expected outcome of all this useless crap?

1 less RL manager playing and the updates pushed back even further...

Fucking GREAT,, riiiiight...... :OMG:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mike has complained about these kind of threads several times, saying they take time away from programming for the game.

Well, to all you guys wasting his time,,, thanks <_<

I'd be surprised if Mike has even looked at this after day 1. So honestly, I'd be very surprised if this is taking any time out of Mike's coding. And this thread will go on forever because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends........

2) Having been a former SP member I can tell you I always thought there was something fishy about his activities, but in a fair and unbiased statement I did run a gym he co-owned at the time. This was prior to he and I's falling out. That being said I can't imagine anyone who wasn't his multi would want to own a company for him, because I, for one, found it to be impossible.

I did, several times.

To be honest I'm assuming Mike has the intelligence and initiative to ignore much of this thread. I think he gets the idea of what the thread is about from page 1.

Grasman should post 3 more posts saying how the more posts are posted the more Mike is distracted.

Smacks of a cunning ruse from another SteelPenn initiate to me.

OK, right, let's put this to bed so I can get on with some work, without thinking about this any more. It's taken up all of yesterday with reading through stuff and thinking about what to do.

I have no doubt that I will have talked to SteelPenn a couple of years ago but I have no idea what I will have said at the time. I have been consistent in what I have said to people sharing IPs with family for as long as I can remember and that's been, stay out of the same gyms (so you don't look like sparbots), don't fight eachother, particularly in your own orgs (for obvious reasons) and don't share money with eachother (for obvious reasons). Essentially, don't give anyone reason to believe you're a multi and manipulating something and you'll be fine.

Now, I'm also not stupid. I know plenty of "family" will not be family at all and will be the same person having a couple of accounts. There's not really anything I can do about that, without blocking genuine family members from playing, which I don't want to do. So with that said, there's obviously a grey area where someone being sensible about it could have more than one account and nobody would be any the wiser.

In this case, we're crossing a line. Clearly we're fighting eachother and on the multi front there's too much "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck". It's not always a duck but seriously, I don't think many people actually buy that these are 3 different people. If it was a court of law and the burden of proof was on the prosecution, SP would probably get away with it but we're not a court of law and we can be more pragmatic. Maybe it was a brother in the first place but I don't believe for one minute that YoungWhite is anything other than a bog standard multi now. The other one, maybe it's someone different but very doubtful. SP is adamant that it is but I find it hard to believe.

As for what to do, that's the hard part.

It's absolutely correct that I can't afford to just delete paying accounts flippantly. If I'm gunna keep working on the game as a full time job and hire another full time programmer, as I have done since the start, it needs to generate enough money to justify that. I already makes well below what I would make doing a proper job. As I said before, I'm not stupid and I understand there are probably a fair few multi accounts. However, I have been clear about not fighting people on your own IP address and interacting as little as is possible.

Irrespective of real world requirements for a proper income, I don't like deleting people, especially those who have been around for a long time.

So after pondering on this post for another hour or so, I think the sensible thing is to just get rid of the backpionts and YoungWhite accounts and try and move on from this, so I can get on with more important things. I'm sure that will prove to be a solution that doesn't really please a lot of people but I'm sure those same people would appreciate it's a difficult call to make.

As for whether I read these threads; I have to read them. If I didn't I'd get all sorts of grief off people and have been told in the past that failure to deal with this sort of thread was the reason some people left the game. I don't mind dealing with this as I accept that's just part of the job but I would then like to move on once it's been dealt with and a decision has been made.

Thanks!

• Upvote 6

OK, right, let's put this to bed so I can get on with some work, without thinking about this any more. It's taken up all of yesterday with reading through stuff and thinking about what to do.

I have no doubt that I will have talked to SteelPenn a couple of years ago but I have no idea what I will have said at the time. I have been consistent in what I have said to people sharing IPs with family for as long as I can remember and that's been, stay out of the same gyms (so you don't look like sparbots), don't fight eachother, particularly in your own orgs (for obvious reasons) and don't share money with eachother (for obvious reasons). Essentially, don't give anyone reason to believe you're a multi and manipulating something and you'll be fine.

Now, I'm also not stupid. I know plenty of "family" will not be family at all and will be the same person having a couple of accounts. There's not really anything I can do about that, without blocking genuine family members from playing, which I don't want to do. So with that said, there's obviously a grey area where someone being sensible about it could have more than one account and nobody would be any the wiser.

In this case, we're crossing a line. Clearly we're fighting eachother and on the multi front there's too much "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck". It's not always a duck but seriously, I don't think many people actually buy that these are 3 different people. If it was a court of law and the burden of proof was on the prosecution, SP would probably get away with it but we're not a court of law and we can be more pragmatic. Maybe it was a brother in the first place but I don't believe for one minute that YoungWhite is anything other than a bog standard multi now. The other one, maybe it's someone different but very doubtful. SP is adamant that it is but I find it hard to believe.

It's absolutely correct that I can't afford to just delete paying accounts flippantly. If I'm gunna keep working on the game as a full time job and hire another full time programmer, as I have done since the start, it needs to generate enough money to justify that. I already makes well below what I would make doing a proper job. As I said before, I'm not stupid and I understand there are probably a fair few multi accounts. However, I have been clear about not fighting people on your own IP address and interacting as little as is possible.

Irrespective of real world requirements for a proper income, I don't like deleting people, especially those who have been around for a long time.

So after pondering on this post for another hour or so, I think the sensible thing is to just get rid of the backpionts and YoungWhite accounts and try and move on from this, so I can get on with more important things. I'm sure that will prove to be a solution that doesn't really please a lot of people but I'm sure those same people would appreciate it's a difficult call to make.

As for whether I read these threads; I have to read them. If I didn't I'd get all sorts of grief off people and have been told in the past that failure to deal with this sort of thread was the reason some people left the game. I don't mind dealing with this as I accept that's just part of the job but I would then like to move on once it's been dealt with and a decision has been made.

Thanks!

I don't really agree, if you remove YoungWhite account you should also removed CKellprun "brother" account, he used it for fixed fight to boost his alliance ranks, and it's not really believe about CKellprun. And god only know how many others accounts should be removed.

About steelpenn it's like you say , you believe him or not... hard to act based on believes.

Also i find it unfair to take decisions only when someone create a big thread and do nothing when you know (and are absolutely certain) someone else is cheating, like when you steal 1M from my account just because of a thread on the forums without looking anything else, especially not looking the rules of your own games and contradict your own words, contradicts some excuses you gave to justify some of your acts.

You should either stick to the rules either doing nothing, wich i think you should do in this case: doing nothing (but program what was planned instead of dealing with that).

An other point is you always make decisions in favor of Gable, so if it's the case there is no need to write a big text about it, just say you took the decision to favor Gable.

If anyone you should hire is someone that would create some rules for the game.

• Downvote 3

Thanks!

I really think that multi-million dollar empire that was built should be reduced down to what he made and anything that was donated from managers from his same IP address should be taken out of his account and sunk back into the game. I still have no respect for Steel Penn but as the owner I respect your decision and I'll leave it alone past this point.

I hate myself for even acknowledging anything this ass clown types.

I don't really agree, if you remove YoungWhite account you should also removed CKellprun "brother" account, he used it for fixed fight to boost his alliance ranks, and it's not really believe about CKellprun. And god only know how many others accounts should be removed.

Pepe Le Pew get off my nuts. You throw out one ridiculous allegation after another. You're jealous of me because I am better than you at this game and I'm the KO King with 500+ legitimate knockouts while you have to hide in orgs, duck fights, and pad your record. You're a tick to this game, and you should of been deleted after your B.S. stunt with Petro. I think I know what causes your infatuation with me: http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=416966

Nabijos quickly switches position and commits to an armbar! It's a big risk for Nabijos but it's paid off an Stealer is forced to tap! Nice work by Nabijos.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:59 of round 2, we have a winner by way of Submission (Armbar). José Nabijos!

José Nabijos looked relieved post fight as he said the following; 'Who is stealing whos hype now? No matter how many multi accounts you have you can not win, my slider fu is that much stronger than yours.'.

1-0 against the legendary duck quacky can. The KO King chose to submit the pest to show how much stronger his slider fu was. You're an inferior speciman. Get over it. Anybody with the slightest common sense knows that you're hiding behind fake broken english nonsense.

Like I said, make a thread, gather any evidence of your said accusations between Tony's account and mine (there is none what so ever), and maybe slit your wrist or jump in front of a car while you're at it. The world's over populated as it is, so the sooner you bite the curb the better. Tony took a hiatus from this game, but still signs on occassionally. How often, I don't know. It'll show as a different IP than mine when he signs on. We're not in the same gyms and most of his fighters are inactive or on the verge of it. Have I signed in to his account? Absolutely. I'm not breaking any of the rules that are set in stone* so kiss my ass and suck my dick and while you're at it ask your fighter Hype Stealer how my piss taste :angry:

* laundered some money out of the Conviction store on 2 seperate occassions:

$700,000.00 / 2012-12-19 09:54:36

$230,000.00 / 2012-07-05 01:09:37

P.S. Don Marciano will kill Afro Samurai.

:us:

Mike should prolly nerf a lot of that money, but even doing anything about it is worth a pat on the back. For what it's worth I'm lookin forward to his future changes, just hope he gets them right the first time and we don't end up with any ridiculous bugs.

Edited by CKeppelrun
  • Downvote 1

I really think that multi-million dollar empire that was built should be reduced down to what he made and anything that was donated from managers from his same IP address should be taken out of his account and sunk back into the game. I still have no respect for Steel Penn but as the owner I respect your decision and I'll leave it alone past this point.

Ahaha, I noticed after I posted this that Steel Penn tucked all of his money underneath his Steel Penn Fighting Temple pillow case for safe keeping. Lol.

"With similar grammar, syntax and spelling errors". Really? Now this is what your proof comes down to? Even in the face of being made a fool your still going to grasp at anything around you?

Run with it, when Im still here and playing months from now you will be the one with egg on your face.

yeah....look at all the egg on our face now......

All I can say is I am very disappointed in this action and very sorry to my costumers for interruption in services.

I already have my one company Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160 replaced and up and running and will have the other company replaced by tomorrow with both having new managers proxy them for me.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Steel Penn Alliance

Steel Penn Fighting Temple

Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160

Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160

Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160

• Downvote 4

Maybe so, but:

A.) Tycoon money is pretty easy to come by, so it's not that big of a deal

B.) He's been exposed and anyone who isn't trolling or blind knows it

C.) He can just buy ingame cash again with RL money

Does anyone think this guy built this 'empire' legitimately? He likely used RL money to buy his way up. Either way, what little respect he gained back from his previous tomfoolery has been lost again.

Let it go

• Upvote 2

Allowing people to buy extra business slots, just as they can buy extra fighter slots, would reduce instances of things like this while also bringing more RL money in as profit for Mike.

• Upvote 1

It's been done where people could have more than one company and it doesn't work. Hell, there's only one example left that I can think of that still owns 2 companies. I think it's Captain Lou. I wasn't around when it happened but I've read TONS of old forum threads on it. It oversaturates the market with orgs leaving fighters spread far too much to make most orgs useful and people tend to avoid gyms, supps and clothing companies.