Major Skill vs particular skills?

Hello!

I dont know how a masterskill like boxing affects the particular skills like punches?

For exapmle:

i create a fighter, set his majorskill boxing to useless but his particular skill punches to elite.

Will he be a god striker or a bad one?

If i train punches, does this effect the over all boxing skill too?

What is more important to do succesfull kicks? To be a good mt overall or just to have good kicks?

would be great if someone could give me some infos on this.

greatings

it all works together --- what you talking about on boxing will not work until you get his skill level up towards the tech level. but its has other things also such as agility comes into play -- with MT your flexibility comes into play with kicks. so its an overall thing -- physical, skill level and tech level all work together.

Hello!

I dont know how a masterskill like boxing affects the particular skills like punches?

For exapmle:

i create a fighter, set his majorskill boxing to useless but his particular skill punches to elite.

Will he be a god striker or a bad one?

If i train punches, does this effect the over all boxing skill too?

What is more important to do succesfull kicks? To be a good mt overall or just to have good kicks?

would be great if someone could give me some infos on this.

greatings

read the wiki and it will answer about 99.9% of all your questions and help you create a much better fighter

read the wiki and it will answer about 99.9% of all your questions and help you create a much better fighter

i've done this, and i know that they work together, but i have no idea how they do this.

for example: boxing vallue is 10

punches is 20.

are my punches now 20, 10, something in between (like 15?)

@PBR: can you explain the skill lvl vs tech lvl thing in detail pls, i dont understand it yet.

There are no exact numbers. However, overall skill, specific skills, and physical attributes all play a vital role. None of these areas should be ignored.

not sure what you asking but i will take a shot here

boxing - punches, striking defense - agility

mt - kick, elbows,knees,clinchwork,striking defense - flexibility

wrestling - clinchwork, gnp, takedown off and def - speed, balance

bjj - sub off, defense grappling - flexibility, balance

strength and conditioning is part of it all -- they all play together but maybe you can get something out of the above -- im sure there is stuff i missed also

• Upvote 1

I guess he's asking the age-old question: who would win, an elite boxer with useless punches or a useless boxer with elite punches.

No one can give you the exact answer but they do work best together. Guess it would go something like boxing skill * punches * physical attributes = punching. With other variables and more stress on certain attributes.

@ royp777 and Makrilli: Yep, thats what i wanted to know :D My bad english didn't allowe me to formulate a clear question, sorry :(

thx for all the help so far. I would like to got some more opinions :D thx

I think he's asking is the formula weighted more toward the primary skills (Boxing) or the secondary skills (Punches). I'm curious myself. Does anyone have any experience on which impacts a fight more?

No one has an answer to this question. Any answers will be just conjecture. Its probably somewhere in the middle.

boxing - punches, striking defense - agility

I think we can definitively add speed and balance to the list of physical attributes that boxing employs, too, at least to a minor degree. One of my guys popped both of those this morning after doing Boxing sparring.

I myself was wondering how much a secondary effects the primary.. For example I have a predominatly stand up fighter that had ( - ) on his Wrestling and (++) on his takedown def. Now his takedown def is quite a bit higher than his wrestling. I recently popped in takedown def, and my wrestling popped.

I dont understand why. I understood that the wrestling secondaries effect the wrestling skill ( takedowns, takedown def, etc.. ) but my takedowns are garbage, as is my wrestling. Not really sure why it popped. I mean, I didnt get better at wrestling, I got better at avoiding a takedown.

Having some boxing in the main attribute makes sense, rather than just having the individual skill of punching. But, you could have excellent punching skill, excellent muay primary and as long as speed, balance, and agility were still balanced you would still have an excellent striker through punches.

It's just like real life, if you have a boxer who is ok at throwing punches but has excellent speed and finesse and movement he may not hit with as much power or as frequent but may be a better boxer than against someone who has awesome punches but no balance or speed or agility.