Official Ascension Thread

EzekelRAGE

Thanks a lot guys!

Great write up as always, James! Just a few details, the champion is David and Vanilla didn't come from the merge, he was an UPG fighter before but came to Ascension way before the merge :P

Haha, changed it. Don't know why I stuck with "Davis", and for the merge, I just took a guess, wrong one I guess :P

Congrats to our new Champs

Vanilla ice gets a KO win to take the 135 belt - Rafa Silva will be his first defence early in January.

Ji Liu claimed a decision win over Beltach to claim our 155 title. And is on course for a collision with Red Fox after he fights Otso at EVO on Xmas Day. There have been Rumours that Beltach had a rematch Clause that will be unveiled over the next day or 2.

Liu is still in coma cause the after show party was the total knockout, but as his proud crapulous manager i can say that it was our biggest moment in Tycoon and noone wears the belt with more pride than Liu. We've talked with Betlach's manager after the fight already and - even if the contractual situation is a bit dusty, from our side there are no doubts that there should be a part 2 at some point, sooner or later, we keep that in the hands of Scott and Luan. Red Fox would be a dream fight also of course. Let's boogie!

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpg

Ascension: Rule the world, with MMA Hype's well known hosts!

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett and Jared are in London to cover Ascension: Rule the World, that will be held at the Wombley Arena in London, on December 22nd. The Super Heavyweight title will be on the line as Antonio Manoel will be defending the belt against Stack Shillings, in a fight that will most likely end in a first round finish.

Here is Brett and Jared.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hello all MMA Hype and Ascension fans from all around the world. Another event from Ascension here in London, and we are here me and Brett to cover this great event.

Hey Brett, how’s that tan going for you?

Brett Clarke: My tan, I see you’re jealous I’ve been spending a lot of time in Hilo lately, that’s the fun of being on the road my friend!

Like Jared said, another big event for Ascension on December 22nd! The Super Heavyweight title is on the line! Antonio Manoel is defending his belt, after failing to strip the Light Heavyweight title off Taj al Din. It should be a real slugfest, because there’s no way this fight goes past the first round.

Jared: It’s really hard to say who will win though. Yes, they will bang, but Stack Shillings is a bigger fighter, and man can he hit.

Brett: They both can hit, and they both enjoy the KO victory over anything else. If you look at the records, Manoel has been back and forth between wins and losses recently, it could play in his head a little bit, but his 3 last losses are coming from the hands off Taj al Din twice, and Yance Sackett. These are top fighters in the world Jared.

On the other hand, Shillings is just tearing everything apart lately, with a 10 fight win streak, which the last 6 are first round KO wins. He will be coming into this fight hungry for the title, and will leave everything in the cage.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke’s predicition of the fight (Antonio Manoel vs Stack Shillings)

Brett: It’s a fight that’s really hard to predict, because both fighters will swing until one falls. Even though Shillings has been fighting in K-1 pretty much all his career, I’m giving him the edge.

Shillings by KO in the first round.

-- -- --

Jared: Another fight that we’ll be having a close look on, is the co-main event. It’s going to be an Heavyweight clash between two contenders, Caiaphas Caine and Xiomar Halo, who will have to prove themselves and show us who’s the best Heavyweight contender.

Brett: This will be another great fight, and what I like about this one is, they are complete opposite fighters. You have a BJJ wizard going against a KO artist, those are the fights that can go either way. What impresses me about Xiomar Halo, is that he’s won his last fight, after almost a full year off. This is crazy. He’s going to show the world that he’s still got it in him, and he’s going to be a huge threat for Caiaphas Caine in this fight.

Caiaphas, like I said, is probably his complete opposite. It’s always fun to see a big heavyweight grapple, and he does it in the best fashion you can imagine. I like to call him a ground wizard, and he kinda is. His chin has been the big problem throughout his career, and we all know it, but as soon as the fight reaches the ground, this is where he works his magic.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke’s prediction of the fight (Caiaphas Caine vs Xiomar Halo)

Brett: When speaking of Heavyweights, it limits the chance of going to the judges, and that’s what we like to see. I have to give the edge to Caine, since Halo may still be rusty.

Caiaphas Caine by submission in the second round.

-- -- --

Jared: There you have it, Main and co-main event of Ascension: Ruling the World. We have a few tickets to give out right here for fans of Ascension. If you would like to assist the event, and don’t have any tickets, Brett will tell you how you can win them.

Brett: Get your phones ready people, if you want those tickets, you will have to listen to these hints, and tell me who is the celebrity I’m talking about. We have him here with us backstage, since he spent the day here with us, and he wants to personally give you the tickets. We will take the first 5 correct answers, those will win 4 tickets each. Easy? Let’s go!

1st hint: He is an actor.

2nd hint: He was born in Hammersmith, London, England, UK.

3rd and last hint: He’s famous to the MMA world for his MMA movie he made back in 2011.

Jared: Wow, the phone is ringing Brett! I think we have a few winners, unfortunately, only the first 5 wins.

Alright, our phone technician has given me the list of names who got the correct answer. You guys, it was easy wasn’t it? The answer we were looking for was indeed, Tom Hardy!

Brett: Congratulations for those tickets! I have Tom Hardy with me right here.

Hey Tom, You’re going to make a few happy persons here in London when you’ll be giving them the tickets.

Tom Hardy: I feel like I should keep those tickets to myself, those are actually better tickets than what you guys gave me!

Brett: Haha, that’s true Tom. We are really loyal to our fans here at MMA Hype. We give them only the best of what we can, that’s why they love us so much!

Tom Hardy: That’s a good thing. I’ll go distribute those tickets, keep up the good work guys!

• Upvote 1

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1387826014asc-prime.png

Ascension Xmas Street Party @ Wombley Arena in London

MMA Hype is live in the street in front of the Wombley Arena in London, for Ascension’s Xmas street party. The event “Our Prime Time” on December 25th, will be the biggest event of the year, if not, the biggest event of Ascension’s history! Title fights, super fights, tournament’s final, everything the fans love, it’s all there.

The whole street in front of the Wombley Arena is currently closed, so fans, celebrities and staff are walking around. There are tables setup for fighters to sign autographs, and we have a few entertainment spot all around the street.

Brett and Jared are in London, to cover this amazing event.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: Hello, fellow MMA Hype and Ascension fans! We are live, at Ascension’s Xmas street party for a crazy event coming up. There are a lot of common faces here in London today, it’s nice to see everyone contributing to this success.

Jared Asante: I agree Brett. I feel a little tipsy right now, was there any alcohol in that punch?

Brett: We’re not at your nephew’s 12 year old birthday party Jared, of course there’s alcohol in the punch.

Jared: Man, I have to stop chugging that thing, but it’s so good! My hat’s off to you, whoever made that brilliant liquid.

Brett: Speaking of brilliant, Ascension is celebrating Xmas this year in a brilliant fashion. The staff have been working hard to put up an event out of the ordinary, and it will be big enough to end the year with a big BANG!

Jared: That’s right Brett. This is the biggest event I have ever witnessed, and I thank Ascension for that, plus being part of it is an honor, no doubt about that.

Brett: The main event will be Carl Creel vs Ethelbart Takahashi, then for the co-main event, Matt Murdock will be defending the middleweight title against Gary Player. We also have the chance to see the LHW tournament final, which a lot of you have been waiting for this for a long time! Neno Pejovsky and Scotty Bennet will be going at it, to finally crown a winner to the tournament, and make a multi-millionaire out of himself.

To make the event even bigger, we have another huge star who will be fighting, and I’m talking about Rafa Silva, coming from the UPG merge, who will be facing Gary Bunn, who’s the best featherweight on the planet as we speak. Is the event big enough? It is, but to top that, we have 2 more title fights to air, which will be the light heavyweight title, where Taj Al Din is defending his belt against Ernie Els, then we will see Travis Bickle try to take the welterweight belt from Ricardo Gracie.

Jared: Man, it’s almost impossible to have a bigger event than this. This is simply… sorry, I have no words for it, it’s just unbelievable.

Brett: Jared is starting to be a little tipsy, cheap drunk? What ever.

We have Luan Dovik with us right now, the CEO of Ascension. Hi Luan, how are you doing?

Luan Dovik: Hey Brett, I'm feeling great! It's been a great year here at Ascension and we're glad to do such a big event to top all of it. Glad to have MMA Hype with us as well.

Brett: It must have been fun, and pretty demanding at the same time, to organize such a big event?

Luan Dovik: Definitely. We couldn't do it if it wasn't for the great managers we have here. We had an idea of making a huge event to top all of them this year, but everything had to be perfect for it to happen. We were able to make sure our fighters were healthy and the right fights had the perfect timing. And it did. After all the work and joy for it, we just have to let all of the fans enjoy this amazing event.

Brett: This is, without a doubt, the biggest event of the year. Did you guys talk about the possibility to do more of these in 2014?

Luan Dovik: Yeah, we're already planning future events. Of course that there's the Anniversary event. We plan on making the next one the biggest yet. But besides that, we're planning to make some stacked events every now and then to make it even better. We've been here since last May, so there could be a special event to mark that date as well. One thing we can guarantee the fans is that 2014 will be the best year yet. Big events, big fights and all of it here. MMA Hype is another important part of it and the fans can know everythings that's going on when they tune in the show.

Jared: Hey Luan, I had a call from Scott Davies earlier this week, and we had a chat about Taj al Din, the current Light Heavyweight champion who’s fighting in the big event. Scott told me that Taj will be retiring after the fight, no matter what’s the outcome. He has been inducted in the Hall of Fame already, he’s been part of Ascension since the early days and he’s been hell of a fighter. Can you tell us more about the legend he is to the organization?

Luan Dovik: He's been around the org way before I had the chance to join it and I was still a fan of the sport who had no relations to the mma business. It's sad to see such a legend of the sport walk away, but it's still a big fight in a big event. He has the chance to do it with a victory and retaining his belt. I have nothing but respect for what he did inside the cage and he's already a hall of famer so... That's pretty much what I can say about him. I hope he manages to have a good performance regardless of the result and that's what we're all waiting to see that night.

Jared: Yeah, a fight I’m looking forward to. Here is what Scott had to say about Taj. We have it on tape, let’s have a look at this.

Recording of Scott Davies: What can I say about Taj? Don't think you have enough time mate. The guys a warrior who has been at Ascension since day 1 and has stuck with Ascension. His fights with Yance Sackett will always be remembered as total tear ups. It's going to be a sad day that Taj is fighting his last fight with Ascension and ever worse his last fight in MMA.

Taj along with his manager Chris Karter deserve a special send off and we hope this huge card will be a nice send off. My fair play to the kid he'd fight anyone anywhere I’m asking, as long he's healthy. We wish Chris and Taj the very best in the near future and hope he changes his mind about retirement. If not though, hope he attends our future events.

Jared: Scott has so much respect for the guy, it was really nice to chat with him about that subject, it shows how dedicated he is to his org and to all his loyal fighters.

Brett: Thanks for being with us Luan, we have a busy day, as I’m sure you have, so we’ll let you head to your things. Me and Jared are going to walk through the street to see what we can find for the fans.

-- -- --

A big crowd is gathered in the middle of the street, where a guy is holding a boombox on his shoulder. Brett moves in closer and sees a guy breakdancing in the middle of that crowd.. and it looks like it’s Dj Crabby Jef! Brett waits until it’s over, then goes towards Crabby Jef.

-- -- --

Brett: I knew you could fight, but that was an impressive performance! I guess you’re having fun here today, how are you?

Dj Crabby Jef: Crabby is fantastic right now. It's been a while since I've done that. I usually like to keep the physical expression in the cage, but I just wrote this new song that has me pumped even more than usual. That's what my crustacean friend was bumpin through the boombox. I'm excited about everything right now. I can't wait to get back in the cage!

Brett: Being part of the big event must be an accomplishment for any fighter, plus, you’re in charge to welcome Hal Jordan to Ascension, who’s coming from the recent merge with UPG: Vegas. Do you think a win here will put you on the Middleweight ladder so you can make a run at the title?

Dj Crabby Jef: I certainly hope so. I've been fighting the best and coming up just short of late. I'm just gonna keep on grinding. Hal is a tough opponent, but when I get my claws on him and drag him to the ground he may as well be in the ocean. That is my home. He won't be able to stop me in my home.

Brett: Well, thanks for your time and enjoy the rest of the day! Make sure you don’t get injured doing that breakdancing, you got a big fight coming up!

Dj Crabby Jef: Whatever. I remove and regenerate my limbs stronger than ever every molt. I have a great nutritionist and the best molting coach in the fight business! Lobstaar! DJ Crabby! Ascension! Victory will be mine.

-- -- --

Jared trips over a cable on the sidewalk and Matt Murdock catches him before he falls face first in the street.

-- -- --

Jared: Oh dear god, thanks a lot Matt, close call, that would have been shameful.

Matt Murdock: Easy buddy - I thought I was the one who was blind, haha.

Jared: While I have you here, what do you think of the street party we organized for the special event?

Matt Murdock: These functions that Ascension often puts on are always top notch. It is great to have the opportunity to mix and mingle with the fans and media. Just make sure you keep the bar stocked for Creel.

Jared: Biggest event of the year, featuring some of the best fighters on the planet, how does it feel to defend your title as the co-main event of the night?

Matt Murdock: It's an honor. The fact that the fans still want to watch me in the cage is very humbling. I hope to put on a great show for them.

Jared: I’ll move along, watch out for those cables on the sidewalk, they can be dangerous! Thanks for your time Matt, always a pleasure talking to you.

Matt Murdock: Increased senses buddy, increased senses. The pleasure was all mine.

• Upvote 2

On the eve of Ascension's mega event, Chan Sung Jung and his manager,

Ilya Berler sat down for a brief Q&A.

Q: "What are your thoughts on the event itself, and the matchup between

Jung and Kiedis, and also facing the always masterful tactician Moyses

Mattos?"

I.B.: "Ha, well, I'll say this--my guy, Jung, is on the undercard, which

to me, speaks volume about the quality and the magnitude of this event.

It's going to be an uphill battle, facing Moyses Mattos; my record is

0-2 against him, both losses suffered at the hands of Rafa Silva. The

first one was a slugfest that saw several knockdowns, as both Ice Cold

and Silva hit the canvas, with Silva eventually coming out on top via

3rd round TKO. I think our strategy there was a bit on the aggressive

side, and I take the blame for that, however, just as that fight showed

holes in my gameplanning, it also showcased Ice Cold's talents.

The second loss was a Jung-Silva 5-round decision loss. To be honest, I

do have my doubts facing Mattos, as I feel I am still learning the ins

and outs of fight-planning, while he seems to have it down pat."

Q:" Mr. Jung, this question is for you; what are your thoughts going

into this fight, and being on the undercard?"

C.S.J.: "The undercard doesn't bother me, in fact, I'm honored to be a

part of such an event. I'm looking to mingle with all the greats, maybe

pick up some wisdom. I'm a fan of those guys myself, hopefully I won't

end up being a fanboy and a nuisance. Fighting Kiedis--I think it'll be

a barnburner; it'll be difficult to vie for a fight of the night award

with all these monsters throwing bolo punches, but we'll do our best to

steal the show, and we'll get the undercard started the proper way."

Q:" Would you mind sharing a little more; what's been your camp like,

and if you are up to it--what's your gameplan heading into this?"

I.B.: "As you'd see in the tale of the tape, the two fighters are

significantly different in their physical aspects, there is a 30cm

height difference. With that kind of reach disadvantage, I don't think

it won't be a huge secret that in order to negate that, we'll be looking

to avoid prolonged exchanges standing up. With that said, it isn't our

plan to shy away from trading while standing, it's just that we'll be

looking to mix it up, and if the opportunity presents itself, we'll be

looking to explore out possibilities on the mat. "

C.S.J.: "My approach is typically the same--push the pace and

incorporate some power shots, whether standing or on the ground; I like

to be aggressive with my submissions and advancing positions; I don't

see any need to approach this fight any different."

Q:" Anything else that either of you would like to add?"

I.B.: "Do any of our readers know Which ocean is Christmas Island in?"

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpg

Another success for Ascension, Brett and Jared’s post event.

Full event results can be found here: http://mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=788553

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett and Jared are back from London, where they assisted Ascension’s last event: No Excuses.

It was another success for Ascension, where they crowned a new Super Heavyweight champion, James Proudstar, who, without a doubt, is one of the most dangerous fighter in the world at the moment.

Here is Brett and Jared.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Jared Asante: Good day ladies and gentlement, and welcome to MMA Hype! I’m here with fellow host Brett Clarke, to do a little mash up of Ascension’s latest event. Before we start, we had a quick chat with the two main event fighters before the event, so here is what they had to say.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Jared: We’re on the phone with Ascension Super Heavyweight champion, Stack Shillings, how are you Stack?

Stack Shillings: *A party of females can be heard having what sounds like a great time in the background.* Aw I'm great Jared! Just having a Mimosa on mah way to the weigh ins in the Ascension Limo. The Perks of being a Super Heavy! How ya doin Mah Friend?

Jared: Big fight coming up this Sunday, you’re set to fight a really tough opponent in James Proudstar, who’s looking to get the title from you. Do you think this will be the biggest challenge of your career?

Stack Shillings: Only challenge will be keeping the fight standing so we can fight like Men. Not trying to get humped for 25 minutes unless Mrs. Proudstar is in attendance! Oh! But seriously, I have no reservations. .. HAHAHAHA.. Get it? Cuz He's Indian?? ... about Fighting James. Anybody in the Know of the bidness'll tell ya there's more to this than just a title fight. It's like this Jared. I am the Vietnam War. Proudstar is Lieutenant Dan. Neo Kable is Forrest Gump. Ya Follow? Yea sure ya do. Look, The War is gonna leave Redskin Dan a few pieces short, and Neo Gump is gonna keep Run-Nang and Run-Nang. They're Alliance mates, so It's the Minion's job to step in and Keep the Herculean Hero, and I know ya cant see me, but I am flexing heroicly for emphasis. It's inspiring Awe around me, take my Word, your's Truly, frum reaching the Final Boss. But I'm coming.

Jared: I’m very impressed by everything you’ve accomplished to date, I mean, you started as a MMA fighter, you then went to K-1 for quite a while, and you transitioned back to MMA lately, now 8-0 since the move. Was it hard to make the transition back to MMA from K-1?

Stack Shillings: I appreciate ya bringing that up! Really Thank you! I don't think I get enough credit... Is it any surprise? Hah! I'm the Super Heavy Weight Champion of the World, in the most dominant Organization of the World, Not only as a WHITE BELT in jiu jitsu... but having NEVER taken a class in my life. I'm over here throwing MMA back into the Dark Ages ya Dig?! The transition from kickboxing back to MMA was WAY easier than going from a short MMA career into rookie kickboxing. In kickboxing Everyone is trying to punch you in the face. In MMA maybe half of them are. Hah!

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Jared: After the conversation with Stack Shillings, I gave a quick call to James Proudstar to get his point of view on the fight, and that’s what he had to say.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Jared: We have James Proudstar on the phone with us tonight, hey there James, how are you?

James Proudstar: Me good thanks. Big fight soon.

Jared: You went 15-0 until your last fight, where you lost a Majority Decision on December 25th. I’m sure you were disappointed about that loss, but you have the chance to prove that the loss was a fluke by taking the Ascension’s Super Heavyweight belt with you on sunday night, right?

James Proudstar: Me no understand that fight. Warpath punch and kick a lot and other guy hug and squeeze and win. Stupid.

Jared: Being a very well rounded fighter, 6 wins by (T)KO and 7 by submission, do you like to pick a gameplan and stick with it, or when you step in the cage, whatever feel right, you go for it?

James Proudstar: Warpath just fights.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Jared: Shillings had this to say to Proudstar before the fight: "Jiu Jitsu is for Pussies. Let me Bang Bro. Bring your blanky and "Nigh-Nigh" clothes."

Proudstar simply replied: "Warpath like Stack's Mohawk."

What Shillings said may have changed Proudstar’s gameplan a little bit, since a few of us expected to see the fight going early to the ground.

Brett Clarke: We all expected the main event to last longer than this, and some of us even thought the fight was going to have a lot of ground game, but ended too fast to see any of it.

Jared: It was an impressive quick KO win by James Proudstar, who looked really, really good. I have to admit, he’s kinda and strange and awkward to talk to, but when he gets inside a cage, watch out, he’s going for the kill.

Brett: Other than the main event, it was a really good show to watch. We watched it live and were glad to be there. The Wombley Arena was so loud, you had to be there to even understand how crazy it was.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1390049564asc-heist.png

Ascension: The Heist live Weigh ins with Brett and Jared

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett and Jared are at the Wombley Arena in London, for the live weigh ins of the event, Ascension: The Heist.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the live weigh ins of Ascension: The Heist, brought to you by MMA Hype and Kaiser Fightwear.

We are currently midway in the weigh ins, for those who were not present during the first half, here is the results of the under cards:

Arthur Meighen (166.7lbs) vs Ronnie Wayne (164.2lbs)

Karl Denke (177.4lbs) vs Dj Crabby Jef (179.9lbs)

Tyrone Biggums (193.9lbs) vs Rick James, Bitch! (198.6lbs)

Johnny Kiedis (138.5lbs) vs James Potkukelkka (140.1lbs)

Dice Thunderborn (250.2lbs) vs Ameri CanChopper (226.2lbs)

Brett Clarke: There was no surprises in the undercards weigh ins, everyone made the correct weight, and we saw the big size difference between Dice Thunderborn and Ameri CanChopper. A big 25lbs difference, and a 20cm height advantage, it could play a big role for the outcome of that fight.

Jared: We now move on to the main cards, starting with the fight between The “Old Spice” Guy vs Hal Jordan, who are looking to make the cut at 185lbs, but it shouldn’t be a problem at all.

-- -- --

The “Old Spice” Guy takes off his shirt and pants, and steps on the scale. 168.4lbs! He steps aside.

Hald Jordan walks in, strips down to his underwear and steps on the scale. 175.8lbs! He walks towards The Guy for a quick staredown.

-- -- --

Jared: The Guy hasn’t gained much weight since he made the move to Middleweight. He could still easily fight in the Welterweight division.

Let’s move to the next fight, a Middleweight bout, between Antonio Hong and “Sweet” James Jones.

-- -- --

Antonio Hong walks in with a mean look on his face. Takes off his shirt but leaves his shorts on. He looks confident he will easily make weight. 177.9lbs! He steps aside.

James Jones takes off his shirt while walking towards the scale. I’m guessing he’ll be eating a lot after the weigh in, he looks baked. 182.6lbs! He walks towards Antonio Hong for the staredown. They get separated after 10 seconds. Looks promising.

-- -- --

Brett: Wow, they had to separate them, they were just staring at each other with so much hate. This is going to be an interesting fight to watch.

Jared: Yeah, I don’t see those guys aiming for a decision win, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a finish in the first round for either fighter.

On to the next fight, we have “The Baton Rouge Butcher” LeRoy LeBlanc going against “Portuga” Antonio Manoel, in a Light Heavyweight bout.

-- -- --

LeRoy LeBlanc walks straight to the scale and doesn’t take a single piece of clothe off. I guess he’s confident about making the cut. 193.1lbs! He steps aside.

Antonio Manoel jogs his way towards the scale, strips down to his underwear and steps on the scale. 201lbs! He walks towards LeRoy for the staredown and stops his face at like an inch of his. They stare, shake hands and part ways.

-- -- --

Brett: LeBlanc is on a 5 win streak, and looking to get, what could be his last run for the title in his career. Ascension is probably the best place to do so, we’ll see what he can do in this fight.

On the other hand, Manoel lost his last 2 fights against 2 of the best fighters in the world, so he will need a win in this fight to prove that he still belongs among the top fighters in the division.

Jared: They are 2 elite fighters, desperately looking for a win, so it will be a great fight to watch.

Next fight is the co-main event. Two of the best welterweights in the world, who are now fighting at Middleweight, will go in a war. They both lost to the Middleweight champ, so they will be looking to get back on contention track with a win tonight. Here are Gary Player and Bill Batson.

-- -- --

Gary Player walks in, looking calm and confident. He takes off his shirt and shorts, and steps on the scale. The scale is pretty much unnecessary for those 2 fighters, since they pretty much make weight at 170. 171.5lbs for Gary Player! He steps aside.

Bill Batson walks in and strips down to his underwear on his way to the scale. He doesn’t look like he had to cut any weight at all, he’s pretty lean. 168.3lbs for Bill Batson! He walks towards Player for the staredown. They both are in a boxing stance with a fist next to each other’s faces.

-- -- --

Brett: They could of fought at 170, but I guess their goal is the Middleweight title, since they both lost to Matt Murdock, they will be looking for the same objective, get a win here to get another shot to avenge their loss.

Jared: It’s not time for the weigh in of the main event! Those guys fought each other a while back, so it will be the second time they face each other, and the same thing will be at stake, the 135lbs title! Vanilla Ice Cold vs Rafa Silva, where Silva stripped Vanilla from the title a while back with UPG, and he will be looking to do the same thing here, with the Ascension title.

Brett: This fight is really important for both fighters, as they are currently #1 and #2 ranked fighters in their weight class. The winner takes the #1 spot and wins or retains the Ascension 135lbs championship belt. Let’s go to their weigh in.

-- -- --

Vanilla Ice Cold walks in, clearly showing his sponsors logos, Cold Blooded Kemists and Merciless Gladiators. He takes off his shirt and shorts, but keeps his hat and chain around his neck. The scale man requests that he takes off the chain, which he does. 124.9lbs for Vanilla Ice Cold! He steps aside.

Rafa Silva jogs his way towards the scale. He stops in front of the camera to show his sponsors, Hellbent and The Big Kabosh. He strips down to his underwear, steps on the scale while flexing the whole time with a smile on his face. 128.4lbs for Rafa Silva! He walks towards Vanilla for the staredown, they touch their foreheads together and stare at each other for 10 seconds. They get separated and step back from each other.

-- -- --

Jared: That was Ascension: The Heist’s live weigh in, I hope you guys will enjoy this event, because we will for sure. We’re looking forward to those fights. Thanks for tuning in, and we’ll see each other again next time!

• Upvote 5

Do fighters not cut weight in MMA Tycoon before the fight so they can make their fight weight?

I don't understand the question exactly but for example a normal fighter weights 189 lbs and fights at 185. He wouldn't cut it to less than that limit, though he can cut to 170 for example. Wouldn't make sense. If what I understood from the question is right, that weight cut means how much he can cut so it helps understand what weight classes he can be on.