TWW News, Edition 6

ArtieBanks

Steel Penn merges with Heroic!

Steel Penn has sold his org to Heroic in a dramatic turn of events which confused many of us to why the richest man in tycoon was selling, and shutting up shop. The final sale price for the org was 15million tycoon dollars, which may seem like a lot but I’ll get onto that later. Rumourville was turning out stories about how Steel Penn was planning to buy Evolution using real cash, to the sum of hundreds of dollars. These rumours hold no substance and are denied by owner Mega Jug. Now another major talking point was why the hell did Steel Penn shut up shop? We asked the man himself who announced that he was busy with other projects and couldn’t focus on the org.

Now let us get onto the price, 15mil dollars for the talent in Steel Penn’s org was wayyyyy over-priced. Wilson though has played a blinder and picked up a bargain in my mind though. If you consider that Steel Penn Fight Temple had over 20mil worth of arenas booked. The true fact is Steel Penn the tycoon extraordinaire in our books has made a huge mistake. He has basically given his org away with 5mil in the bank. Wilson merged his org into Steel Penn now coming in the power rankings for me at #3. Wilson has moved Heroic not only in my opinion made it and broken into the area of the top 2. Bravo Wilson, Bravo.

Jax Strikes Again!

Jax who is also a mod on this forum has done it again. He screwed Manfred, he screwed Louie and now its Meats turn to be screwed over. To take it back to the first screw over, he sold Manfreds feeder org HBCC to a friend of his before leaving the game shortly after taking a lot of heat for it. He came back and sorted things out and Manfred told us to give him a second chance. He came into the Blitz family and helped with Sauna Fights before it closed down when Paul Fairbairn quit. After this he went to help at the Syndicate before he was given the org to hold for Louie. Shortly after taking over the org, he sold it to Steel Penn for the sum of $400 dollars I believe and 2mil game cash. He gave Louie 1mil of the game cash and ran off with the rest. He has now came back again and as he squirreled his way into positions of relative power, such as Mod on the forums and Mod on chat. He then partnered up with Meat to run Ascension Europa. During this time he held a gym for Meat and done very little else despite claiming 50% ownership of it. He then passed this gym onto King and promised him 6 months VIP which Meat was not aware of. He then told King to just close the gym and keep the cash inside of it. Now since then it has been presumed that he has quit. He asked Meat for $1mil tycoon dollars and has given that along with the jet away to a mentee of his. Considering past transgressions this could have been for real life cash again, that is just a speculation and not hard evidence. The rest though of this story is true. So in case Jax returns once again to the tycoon world, please be reminded that he is a snake who cannot be trusted.

Scottie Power Interview!

Chris: I'm Chris Garcia, again for TWW with special guest. Man that took the top spot and made sure that it belongs to him. Man that jumped all over the ranks and made his presence felt. Man that has all the arguments to be one of the best ever, if he plays it right. He's my good friend and alliance mate - non other than, Scottie Power. Known as one of the best managres that fighters can get, but on the other side - a lot of rumors and talks about his work. We are here to clarify some of this stuff, so let's get things started. Welcome, Scottie.

Scottie: Thanks, glad to be here

Chris: So, what I would like to start with, is your impressive career as a manager. Showed up on a scene not too long ago, year and a few months and already made an huge impact, being best manager for quite a while. Any secrets to your success?

Scottie: Not really, I just spend a lot of time on this game. And I am always seeking to improve myself as a manager.

Chris: And you are doing amazing work. But as always, when someone starts to win and be famous, people start to talk about it, look into it and try to slow you down. And that's same case, isn't it? For a longer while you were under the microscope, some people say that you ducked your way to the top. You picked easy fights for you fighters and set them against fighters that simply can't win against your crew. Also rotation in your roster was brought up, as many fighters joined your team and were released quickly. What's your take on those opinions?

Scottie: Well so is life, when you start to do well people get jealous, people look at your flaws and say he's no better than me. And hell they may be right. There are a lot of good managers on this game we just mostly hear about the ones who self promote on the forums, or others promote them as great managers. As for winning easy fights, well I started the game with fighters 199.5k+ and had them fight in 195k orgs, and I have beaten some great managers along the way. As a relatively new manager I have mostly fought new fighters, but I have decided to take a few higher levels fights for fun, and that has worked pretty well too, sure just yesterday I beat the former #5 LHW fighter, managed by none other than Chris Karter.

Chris: And as far as roster rotation goes? Cleaning up there bank accounts became yet another chance for people to hit you, for what they consider shady or abuse of your position.
Scottie: Well I am guilty of that, but so are many other managers. Who wouldn't take free money, if it's perfectly legal and it's not harming anyone else? Again it's mostly about jealousy, as I let the fighters go again, all that happened was the fighters lost 1 week of their careers, which is nothing imo, and their cash.

Chris: You earned yourself some fans, same as with recent fights - turned people to drop the acusations. But there is still a group, that even if they don't attack you directly, still doubt you. What would you say to them? Because it seems like you don't care much about them, thou you did write some sarcastic things, using things they have said about you.

Scottie: There's always going to be haters. I think personally it gives me fuel to be an even better manager. Like Stu_Pidasol, is going to hate on others no matter what, and that's fine. But I think there can be a lot of fun in that too, I like a little smack talk. But I mostly just do it for fun in the smack talk threads but little stewie decided to target me for who knows what reason, and that has provided a little more fun for me, as showing the mmatycoon world that he is nothing but a pussy after all his shit talking is pretty funny.

Chris: Ever thought about doing "Scottie Vs The World" Challenge? Just to prove them wrong, by beating them?

Scottie: Haha nah i'm Scottie Power not Scott Pilgrim

Chris: Nice that you got that reference. You mentioned beating Chris Karter, Thor Omega is your best guy now. Ranked #9 at LHW as we speak. Any plans to leave CWFL and go for ASC or EVO belts?

Scottie:Thor is stated on my profile page as being my best fighter, as he has the most hype, but as for what I consider my best fighters, he is not even top 3 on my roster. I only originally picked him up for his cash, and decided to keep him around as a sparring bot and then got a offer to fight against Barnabas Sackett, a great manager imo, and took the fight just for the fun of it, everyone thought I would lose, hell I thought I would lose. Same as the fight against Jose, as Jose had beaten Thor just a couple months ago. And definitely had a skills advantage. Too bad Thor wasn't like 28-29 not 34. Thor has great hiddens, but he doesn't have the skills to be the best sadly.

Chris: Looking through your roster, I can see bunch of guys on a roll. 7-0, 11-0, 11-1, 22-4...and for people not familiar with you, that aren't into this case - but only knowing what they read in forum, that really looks like cherrypicking fights for your guys, to keep them on top. What part of theirs - and at same time, yours - success is asking for specific fights, or setting set of rules for matchmakers as part of contract negotiations?

Scottie: I call out guys for specific fights sometimes, but once I reach champ I have to fight whoever is next in line. People think it's all about Cherry picking, but tbh it's more about knowing your divisions that your fighters are in, and training specifically who you'll likely be fighting next which helps a lot. Also studying opponents weaknesses and strengths and so on. Some people realize that and that's why they say i'm still a new manager and once I start fighting top level fighters in top orgs, especially if it's fighters with max skills, then we'll see, and they are right, so we all just got to wait and see. I am working my way up, and I will be fighting in the top orgs long before the year is over.

Chris: So, Scottie Power is on the rise. Armed and ready to fight his way up? What you expect to happen in upcoming weeks? Do you plan to use your rank and pick good FA, which can help you get to those big orgs and fight there sooner, or you want to go there with your own creations?

Scottie: No offence to Lance Templeton, more as an honor imo as he is thought to be the best manager by many if not most, he is known for picking up good fa's/fa's with potential and making them great, that's what I am trying to do atm. I originally wanted to have all my own creations, as it does give a little more satisfaction, when I win. But what I am doing atm I call it improving my roster Lance Templeton style. My roster is much different than it was 2 months ago, and will be much different 2 months from now than it is atm.

Chris: Any final words to all the haters out there, waiting to create another thread about your actions?

Scottie: Don't wait just do it

Chris: It was pleasure to talk to you, thanks for your time and good luck in your upcoming fights.

Scottie: Thank you. I will probably need that luck

Great Fights to look forward to this week!

Belleville: Welcome again, from TWW Studio, Ben Belleville and Scott Levy here, once again providing you with informations about upcoming fights - and we have two good ones for you tonight.

Levy: Exactly. We are going to Syn' 284: Bad Break with two headliners with gold straps hanging in the balance. Light Heavyweight champion Scotty Bennet will defend his title against Otto Jokinen and before them Lightweight king Garry Bunn will take on always dangerous, Michael Patton.

Belleville: Amazing fights, let's start with lighter one, ok? We have 2 of the best lightweights on this planet, going against each other. I would love to say it's gonna be explosive...but that's not exactly the word Im looking for to describe Bunn.

Levy: Lack of knockout power really hurt his career. That's why he don't have as much fans as he should. But he overcame that problem, by mastering control - if you are stepping into the cage with him, be sure to know what you are doing, because Garry will dictate everything that happens in this fight.

Belleville: Problem with Mike is, he won't let anyone push him around. He loves to show that he is the alpha male in there, doesn't break under pressure and has one of the best all-around game in the division. Normally grapplers show their skills early in their careers, but Patton got all of his 4 submission wins in EVO, against top competition. What that means? Don't leave your arm loose, or he's gonna take it home with him.

Levy: And here we meet first problem. Bunn isn't type of fighter that will finish you - only 6 of his wins ended before time expired - and even being on top won't award him with easy win. Mike will look to lock something for sure and he doesnt care if its leg, arm or your neck. He's gonna get it.

Belleville: Both guys are highly respected black belts in BJJ world, I had a chance to watch Patton's grappling work outs and believe me - he has top notch partners, yet he still submits them. I would say there is no one on this planet, that this guy can not submit.

Levy: Possible. He's hands are also lethal, plus they come at you at amazingly high pace with amazing accuracy. He moves a lot, uses all the crazy angles you give him and thanks to his footwork and head movement he avoids over 50% of opponent's strikes.

Belleville: Bunn has similiar rate, but his offence is focused on busting your face. While Patton works the body, Bunn looks to inflict as much damage to your head as its possible. He also uses his kicks more, making sure you stay at bay - because getting leg kicked by him, is like getting hit with baseball bat. Not something you would like to feel.

Levy: On paper that fight seems to favor Patton, but if you look into it - it's not that big of a gap. Yet still I'm gonna go with Patton winning the belt by way of submission.

Belleville: You were wrong last time and it won't be any different this time. Bunn will add another decision to his resume and retain his title.

Levy: What about main event then?

Belleville: They are so evenly matched...that's for sure fight to have your eye on, if you are light heavyweight. Bennet is a beast inside that cage and his perfect 25-0 record shows that. To stay undefeated for that long at 205lbs? That division is nasty, yet still no one can beat him thus far.

Levy: He jumps to the pool, head first to take on dangerous vet in Jokinen. It will be interesting to see what they gameplans will be. Bennet thus far showed himself as a striker, maybe not signle tracked - but still he prefers to stand up and he does what he can to keep it that way and knock you out. Jokinen is more well-rounded, showing he can wrestle, he can strike and he can roll with you.

Belleville: And that could give him a chance that he needs. If he can prove that Bennet can't wrestle or can't play the submission game, he will get easy win there. But that's easy to say, right? It's not like Jokinen is taking people down left and right. Once fight goes down, he can handle his buisness - but he usually sometime trips people from the clinch. Not really wrestling-focused game.

Levy: But that may be enough. Everything he may need is a takedown. One takedown He proved a few times that, one takedown is everything he needs. But Bennet's takedown defense is sitting at 78%, that's no joke. Dude is training with really elite level wrestlers and they have hard time taking him down.

Belleville: It's important, but will it be crucial? He has dynamite in his hands, so he may just stand there with Scotty and look for opening, hands down, or counter strikes...he may just go there and try to take Bennet's head off. And most crazy thing about - he may get it done.

Levy: You may get a KO or TKO if you can time your strikes. One kick or punch can change everything, especially when you talk about guys with over 200lbs on them. That weight generates serious power. Which one of them will be able to use it to his advantage? We will see on fight night.

Belleville: Bennet is really good at mixing his punches with his kicks, he doesn't throw a lot of combinations at you - he pick slower, more accurate power strikes, than fast combination that are sometimes easier to avoid.

Levy: And here again is common thing for them, becuase Jokinen's striking is similiar to that. They doesn't throw as much strikes as other guys - becuase they don't have to. Their technique, timing and power makes up in damage, what they are losing in speed. Like we always say - technique over strenght.

Belleville: This fight is even more tricky than lightweight one...but at the end of the night, I see Bennet as 26-0 with another KO or TKO on his record.

Levy: Way of win same in my eyes, but that will be Bennet whose lights will go off. We will crown new champion at that night.

Belleville: Hope to beat you in predictions again, but for now that's all the time we had. We hope all of you will join us and cheer for those guys - because they are doing it for your entertainment.

Levy: I wish all of you good night and can't wait for those fights!

Stock Exchange!

King here bringing you another addition of the Stock Exchange, where I showcase a few fighters that stock is on the way up and a few that have seen a severe drop in value. A true fighter can always bounce back from some losses so if a fighter makes it on our fallers list you should count them out.

The Risers

"Warpath"James Proudstar-James took out the hype train known as Neo Kable in his last fight, a feat that no one thought that could be done, and for that Proudstar has seen his stock raise enough to currently hold down the number 7 pound for pound spot. He suffered his one and only career loss on Christmas day, but has since moved up to Super Heavyweight and pulled off two huge wins. James currently holds the Ascension Super Heavyweight Title, but there have been no plans on who his next opponent will be......

"Deus de Guerra"Pluto Palhares-Pluto had his 12 fight win streak broke against Alexander Valentine in the Evo Fighter of the Year tourney, but has since then bounced back with 3 straight including avenging that loss in his last fight taking out Valentine. That win seen Pluto break back into the top 5 pound for pound, and with a record of 30-3 he is sure to have some great fights ahead of him. He currently hold the Cage Wars Welterweight and Middleweight Titles as well as recently capturing the Evo Middleweight crown, he will be defending the Welterweight crown on the 10th of this month against M J Shain and a win in that one could see his stock on the move again.

Michael"Nuts of Wonder"Patton-Since dropping two straight fights back in October and November of last year, this Opa Jokinen managed fighters has won 5 straight including a big win over Dennis Wise. Michael had been fighting in the Evo Welterweight division and had a recent stop at Lightweight in Claymore Elite Combat, but has recently signed a deal with top org Synchroncity. He will be taking on number 3 pound for pound fighter Gary Bunn in his next contest, and what could be an early pick for fight of the year.

The Fallers

Dr Gonzo-This one is prolly past due but I figured it was worth a mention, Gonzo was a middle of the road fighter until Stu Pidasol rage sacked him and then he met Scott Daviess and together they broke into the top 10 pound for pound rankings. Since then Gonzo has had a rocky road, but looked to be back on the right path having won three in a row in Cage Wars, but has since then drop his last two which has seen him have another change of management. Now he has joined forces with Dead Disney and it will be interesting to see if this lighter weight pioneer get back on track.

"Latino Heat"Hector Cabrera-The 38 year old 62 fight veteran has dropped 5 of his last 6, and for that Hector's stock has been falling. Hector has fought some of the best in the world, and has always fought in the toughest promotions so its late anything to be ashamed of. He has a fight scheduled on the 22nd against Sebastien Linne and hopefully he'll be able to pull out a victory, but you have to know that him and his manager Marky Mark have been discussing how much more this veteran has left in the tank.

Mitchell"Alfauros"Stehling-The Former number ranked Heavyweight in the world has hit a rough spot dropping his last three and 4 of his last 5, and that has seen his rank drop down into the 300 pound for pound area. Mitchell has a fight against Nigel York on the 5th of this month, and he may be able to get back on track and keep his hopes of getting back on top alive. He is contracted with Evo, and has fought for them the last 16 fights so its not like he has been facing the easiest of competition but him and his manager Opa enjoy the challenge.

Rising Stars!

Hello fight fans, King here bringing you another addition of Rising Stars where we showcase some of the stars of tomorrow. These are the fighters that I picked that are making waves already, and still haven't even reached their prime yet. So lets get this started.....

Jameson"Guinness"Connemara(183015)-This 25 year old Klatz Matz project has been tearing through some mid tier orgs lighter weight classes, he has fought the majority of his career in the Bantamweight division but has recently been making the move up to Featherweight if he feels there is a challenge there. He is currently 15-0 with 9 of those fights being by knockout, and that is a testament to his Elite Boxing skill and his aggressive nature. Jameson is currently unsigned after a 1 fight stint with Aggressive Damage, so we'll see if he decides to make the jump up to the big leagues as I am sure that some of the top Orgs are chomping at the bit to get their heads on this guy.

Timmey"Grecko"The Gangster(197459)-At only 23 years old Timmey is off to a fast start to his career with an impressive 13-0 record, and currently holds the Rising Sun Bantamweight and Featherweight Titles. After his last fight he moved into the top 200 pound for pound, and with having two titles now I am sure that he will be staying pretty busy. He has a very well rounded skill set, but the one downfall of Timmey's seems to be his lack of finishing ability having only 2 stoppages in his 13 contests. With his active Striking game, and having landed 82% of his career attempted take downs Timmey is going to be a hand full for any of his opponents.

Raekwon The Chef(182529)-Raekwon recently signed with Feral vs Galaxy-New Era, and was able to capture the Lightweight title in his last fight. Currently at 15-1 with 12 of those victories coming by way of knockout, Chef has seen his pound for pound ranking sneak into the top 200. He has natural knockout power in both hands, and he throws all of his punches with bad intentions and is able to land over 75% of those strikes. Chef is a Hilo native fighting out of the Lucky Lefty camp so you know that he has some good help in his training camps. His next fight is scheduled against a lot lesser known fighter in Mike Ross and will be looking to earn his first title defense.

"The Serial Killer"Kyle Stanley(188309)-Kyle is a 14 fight veteran of Siberian Fight League, and currently holds an impressive 14-1 record and has avenged his one loss with two victories. He is currently fighting at Heavyweight and even holds the title there, but is extremely undersized walking around at 215lbs. Kyle is extremely well rounded having won 7 fights by way of knockout, 3 by submission, and 4 by decision, but if one area stands out it would have to be his high level Black belt. It'll be interesting to see how much longer Kyle and his manager Active Serial Killer decide to stick around the mid tier org scene before moving up in competition.

Colin Croft(185869)-Colin has dominating the second season of the International Team Fight League, and will soon be released into the Free Agent market as his manager Matt Cave has announced that he will be retiring. Colin relies on his Sensational Boxing and Muay Thai to punish his opponents, and up until this point of his career has 8 knockout victories under his belt to go with his impressive 14-0 record. Colin has already closed in on the top 200 pound for pound, and I'm sure once ITFL is over he will be a top Light Heavyweight contender. It will be interesting to see how Colin reacts to a change of managers, but I don't think that will stop this 25 year old from doing big things in the Tycoon world.

There you have it folks these 5 fighters are guys you will want to keep an eye on in the coming months, as they are all sure to be making a big name for themselves soon.

That Raps up this weeks tycoon, as always if you want an interview please contact Mr Chris Garcia, if you want anything else mail me. Goodnight!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1