Tycoon Forex (Unique idea)

Mentor

This thread made me think:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43376&page=2&do=findComment&comment=552402

Although that idea is not the best (ie selling Tycoon cash for VIP money), there is a massive market where people want to buy and sell in game money for VIP time. The problem with how it is done now is that we rely on a forum post + trust between members. This means what?

#1 Most members in the game will never even see that thread

#2 Due to the trust factor, many people wont want to risk trading with someone

#3 That thread does not make Mike any money

Solution?

Creating an official in game forex!

Basically what is this? It will be a place where players can make their offers. Someone can post an offer to buy or sell either VIP time or in game money. The way it will work is a player will make an offer and the resources will get frozen. The offer will stand for a week (or 2 weeks-10 days), but he can repost the offer again. The best offers get posted on the top.

This will be an improvement on what we have now because more transactions will occur, the best price will be guaranteed, it will become an integral part of the game mechanics and things will be more open and secure.

The person receiving the VIP will always pay a fixed fee in terms of VIP time for the transaction (not very large, maybe something like 5-7 days). This is VIP time he bought with Tycoon money though, so it is not as if he is spending his real money for it. This will help Mike fund this addition and make it more worthwhile.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I think a "Market" would be the best option. The main issue I have is the trust part. Some members are decent&have a good rep and after all it is only ingame money which if you work for it you can make back fairly quickly but it's always going to be their unless their is a trustworthy 3rd party (i.e. mike or the game itself).

• Upvote 1

I have not had any problems with people in terms of trust, although I know that there are some people you can't trust with it.

Why would mike not make money when a person buys someone else VIP?

Scooby is right here. Mike will still be making the money, due to someone in the deal paying real money for the VIP time.

The forex would be a great idea. It means that if you haven't discovered the thread on VIP for Tycoon Cash, you can still take part in it.

Dude, that is the whole point. With this you wont need to trust them. It is bought directly through the in game forex/,market

Just to be clear:

It would be an agreement where:

Player A offers to buy 3 months ($10) VIP for anyone for a fee of 300k

Player B clicks Accept on the offer, having 300k taken out of his account.

Player A then buys VIP for Player B, VIP time is added to Player B's account.

Once it is shown that Player A has bought VIP for Player B, the 300k taken out of Player B's account, will be put into Player A's account.

There is a time limit of 3 days set when Player B accepts the offer, where upon, if Player A does not purchase the VIP time for Player B, the 300k gets returned to Player B's account.

Pretty much an explanation of how it would work or is there something else to it?

• Upvote 1

Much more simple that that actually.

Player A posts an offer for a specific amount selling either VIP time/Slots or tycoon cash. (As soon as he posts, those resources get frozen until the offer expires).

Then Player B which is interested and has the resources mentioned can accept the offer and the deal is completed.

Mike receives a fixed fee from the seller in terms of VIP time.

Note: buyers will also be allowed to post offers in the same exact way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like this. +1.

All the credit is yours for the idea, but I hope you don't mind if I give an alternative opinion on how it might work in practice?

1. Seller does not necessarilly need to buy VIP because his VIP offer is deducted (in advance) from his own VIP account. Of course, this will usually mean a player wanting to sell VIP for game-cash will have to buy some more VIP anyway (unless he has a stash of VIP). Either way, the VIP has been paid for in advance before it can be offered on the trading system. VIP could perhaps be only traded in 30 day "units". You can sell any number of units and set your own price.

2. I dont think there is any need for a sellers fee. Dont charge people for spending real dollars! Any transaction fee should be in game-cash and paid by buyer. I think a % in line with the manager-to-manager fees would be good, for example. This takes game-cash out of the game and helps battle the (slow but relentless) inflation we suffer. The price of VIP will adjust according to supply and demand. This could really help make cash more valuable again.

3. Seller can now set his price and number of units, and post his VIP offer. It remains for one week and if unsold at the price offered the VIP returns to his manager account. He may re-offer at a new price, try again at the same price, or keep the VIP.

4. An option could be for the seller to specify a manager ID, meaning that only that manager can buy his VIP units. This allows friends to make private deals and use the system as a fast way to transfer. While still paying the game-cash transaction fee, it allows for people to offer favourable terms if they wish.

5. Buyers can browse all current offers. When they spot an offer they like, they simply buy the VIP for game-cash and the cash and VIP are exchanged automatically. Having the VIP paid for in advance alows a completely instant, no negotiation, transfer to be automated.

6. Remove the "buy for another user" option on the VIP page. If someone really wants to gift VIP to another player, they can use the the "specify ID" option and price some VIP at $1. This way, the trading system will always levy a transaction fee in game-cash. If you try to avoid the fees by paying outside the system you will pay manager-to-manager fees anyway. There is a way around this if you XXX X XXXXXXX XXX, but that loophole should be closed anyway.

7. Its instant and no-fuss to use. Trust is not an issue because arrival of VIP is guaranteed.

8. Mike always gets paid, and once its set up, he doesnt need to do any extra work.

9. If its done this way it becomes a money sink.

• Upvote 2

The above suggestion is mainly an expansion of the original idea which i am fine with. However you removed the Mike fee which basically means he does not get anything out of this. I think there should be some nominal fee, but if Mike will add this without it, even better :-) Technically he will be making more money anyway if people are buying and selling VIP for in game cash.

• Downvote 2

The above suggestion is mainly an expansion of the original idea which i am fine with. However you removed the Mike fee which basically means he does not get anything out of this. I think there should be some nominal fee, but if Mike will add this without it, even better :-) Technically he will be making more money anyway if people are buying and selling VIP for in game cash.

Draining money from the game should in theory lead to even more cash/VIP trades and more VIP bought. Money becomes scarcer and VIP is the only way to buy some. Taxing people who are spending real money seems unfair to me, but thats Mikes call.

Yes, the first thing I said was credit to you for the idea!

• Upvote 1

I think both ideas (The Original and Timmy's expansion) are both top notch ideas that would work very well in the game. It would make the game easier for newer players and for older players and would bring the inflation of money somewhat into context.

• Upvote 2

Draining money from the game should in theory lead to even more cash/VIP trades and more VIP bought. Money becomes scarcer and VIP is the only way to buy some. Taxing people who are spending real money seems unfair to me, but thats Mikes call.

Yes, the first thing I said was credit to you for the idea!

Yeah, i think that either way this will increase VIP spending irrelevant if Mike makes more money because people will be trading in it.

• 1 month later...

Another Business Idea .....

If clothing and laundry stores were separate we could all finally get customs again

Clothing stores would have to charge expensive prices for shirts/shorts to make any money

But it would once again be a competitive business

If laundry stores were different businesses that would bring another competitive business option ...... could even sell a laundry but make each item of could cost $10k

500 sales thing could still be done but for a "laundry store rating" ... each laundry could be done simply without someone getting 500 useless pictures that fill our fighters clothing stock

I hope some people agree something needs to be done, for the good of all :-

Designers wanting a store

Tycoons wanting to do laundry

Managers wanting great products for their fighters

Even the rankings for each countries businesses is up the wall with all this laundry goin

Would it be that hard to add another store just like the clothing/nutrition stores

Good Idea ???

• Upvote 1

BTing you have already posted that in a thread you made. Please keep it to the one thread.

I am surprised Mike has not weighed in on this Forex idea. Would be easier for everyone, and would allow people who don't use the forums to avail of the VIP-Tycoon Cash trade business.

I think that there should be a tax on cash-for-VIP transactions that is even higher than manager-to-manager transfers. Perhaps something in the neighborhood of 25%. This would suck excess cash out of the system. People who don't want to pay such a high fee for a safe, guaranteed exchange could simply do it the old-fashioned forum way.

I think that there should be a tax on cash-for-VIP transactions that is even higher than manager-to-manager transfers. Perhaps something in the neighborhood of 25%. This would suck excess cash out of the system. People who don't want to pay such a high fee for a safe, guaranteed exchange could simply do it the old-fashioned forum way.

This is unfair on the newer players. YES their are players with MILLIONS on this game but the new guys don't have that. Some of us work hard in contributing to the game with write-up's, avatars, posters etc. and scrape up every piece of money to pay for VIP and it would be an unfair tax to apply to those who've been here for a less amount of time. I agree their needs to be a money sink of some kind (or maybe just new ways of spending said Tycoon $) but I don't feel taxing people who buy/trade VIP (by any more than the M2M transfer rate) is the way to do it.

To add to that: As long as Mike gets the real life currency in the end for VIP what does it matter whether its by transfer or brought for self.

This is unfair on the newer players. YES their are players with MILLIONS on this game but the new guys don't have that. Some of us work hard in contributing to the game with write-up's, avatars, posters etc. and scrape up every piece of money to pay for VIP and it would be an unfair tax to apply to those who've been here for a less amount of time. I agree their needs to be a money sink of some kind (or maybe just new ways of spending said Tycoon $) but I don't feel taxing people who buy/trade VIP (by any more than the M2M transfer rate) is the way to do it.

To add to that: As long as Mike gets the real life currency in the end for VIP what does it matter whether its by transfer or brought for self.

The struggle is real.

• Upvote 1

50% of the good ideas came from Mentor actually :shades:

Let me share this with you.

Just pretend mentors walking down the street with someone and points out a $50 note just laying on the ground in front of them both. Mentor turns to his acquaintance and say to them that they can have the $50 note. As they go to pick up the note Mentor arse rapes them.

If that person complains, Mentor would proclaim his innocents, tell everyone that this person is now $50 richer and then Note: Last post here.

This post has nothing to do with the thread but has everything to do with Mentors character

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1