TWW News - Christmas Edition

GBK16

So welcome to the Christmas edition of the TWW News.

This year the TWW Awards were handled by Wolf, as I had my exams to do. GBK once again spotted a bit of shady shit. I shall be breaking down the news that has happened in the past few weeks. There is also a rant involved in this, I have assurances from the others who do the TWW that if it is at all edited, deleted or even touched by Marky O’Sullivan, this will be the last TWW ever done and we can all go back to reading how someone had an awesome training session. In the January edition of the Tycoon Times we shall be doing a year in review, so expect a nice long winded review of 2015.

Well first off was a day which sent me into mourning as the legendary Syn was passed on to Bjorn. Bjorn and JLP will now be doing the day to day business in Syn. I don’t really want to say much more on the transfer of it since not much has happened, but wish them every success in the future.

Since I do enjoy my history a little bit, I suppose I could break down a little bit of Syn’s more recent history. I’ll go back to when Dark Soul first sold Syn on, I was offered the chance to purchase the org from him. I had not long joined Evo, and got paid a shit ton for doing next to nout so I decided against it. I contacted Shortfuse with the possibility of him owning Syn. It may shock a few people who see me and Shortfuse have a verbal sparring match at times, but we generally get along.

Syn at the time was in a sorry state of affairs, a lot of big contracts for guys with little to no hype, a very old roster and shallow rosters through-out. The money involved in bringing Syn back from the dead would have been mind boggling. Me and Shortfuse sat in chat for an hour discussing what would be the best solution to the problem. I had my eyes on Silent Fighting Championship as they had some of the best prospects in Tycoon at the time. Shortfuse came to a deal with Jeff and KC, I have no idea what the particulars of it were (couldn’t have been very favourable for Shortfuse though since he got passed up to own Syn when Jeff gave it away).

It wasn’t long before Shortfuse started working his way through other possible orgs to merge with the new youth of Syn, there was a 200k ID org in Hilo which was then bought over by Shortfuse which housed Lil Wayne if my memory serves me right (I currently have no internet access at the moment and doing this from memory). Shortfuse shortly after that purchased AMS as a feeder org for Syn; It is now been rebranded UPG by KC and thriving in Amsterdam as a standalone org.

What I am really trying to say here is that the re-emergence of Syn was a lot to do with Shortfuse’s hard work and dedication which deserves a tip of the hat. Good luck to Jeff and his new addition to his family also; I am sure you will be begging to go back on Tycoon after many sleepless nights.

The Tycoon Olympics

Unless you have been hiding under a rock, then you will have noticed that the Tycoon Olympics is now in full swing. It has been a tournament of huge upsets as a lot of favourites to win were knocked out early on in the competition. The top of the P4P chart has been fluctuating dramatically with fighters being knocked off the top spot. It is a testament to the competitiveness of the Olympics and with this one going really without a hitch, it finally looks as though the format has been nailed on the head.
There have been some epic fights and big upsets through-out the tournament, I’ll break down the top 3 upsets in the tournament so far, in no particular order.

Jameson v Robertson was one in which many including myself expected to be a mere formality that Jameson went through to the final. The pair had matched up at Evo 200 with Jameson taking a lopsided decision. The fight started off with the Jameson popping off some light shots as Roberson was clearly looking to land that one big shot to end the fight. Jameson was clearly getting the better of Robertson until one big shot late in the 2nd round shook Jameson to his core and put him on his ass. Jameson got up looking to push the pace again but another counter shot put his lights out. A rubber match will no doubt be arranged in the near future.

Croft v Ugor was another upset as the underdog came through in a big way. In similar fashion to Jameson v Robertson, both fighters had matched up previously at Havoc’s big event. The fight was close in the first round before Croft came through and knocked out Ugor in the second round; as many prior to the fight expected and expected the same again. Ugor came out with a similar gameplan to the first fight between the pair but this time managed to avoid Croft’s big shots. There were three close rounds but the judges seen the fight 50-45 to Ugor. Once again a rubber match should be arranged for some time in the New Year.

The last one was difficult as you had Little Wayne and Ricky Rocker both get upset against tough opponents; I went with Bowtrie’s brain fart against Cody. Now the first round was a close one which surprised me but Bowtrie took the round. In the second round Bowtrie got taken down but popped straight back up which gassed Cody in the process. Then in what can only be seen as the most retarded decision of all time in Tycoon, Bowtrie pulled guard against the BJJ Blackbelt. Bowtrie managed to reverse the position but fell into Cody’s trap as he slapped on a triangle before switching it to an armbar and making Bowtrie tap. It left me shaking my head when I read the fight.

ITFL
The ITFL team phase came to a close with Team Conquer who dominated the regular season won in the finale against the Misfits. It was a great tournament enjoyed by all; despite a few hiccups.

Wolfy’s part

TWW of the year awards

Fighter of the Year – There have been many stand out fighters in 2015. From the likes of Donny Donowitz dominating in his old age to Rinky Spider still dishing out beatings on a regular basis. However there is one fighter who sought out the toughest fighters in his weight class and beat them up. The man needs no introduction, Leonardo Ferreira. It one of the rarest feats in the game, he retired whilst #1 p4p after proving his dominance over Rinky Spider. His 9-1 record of 2015 may not be the highest record but the competition he has faced has been amongst the best the division has to offer, he also avenged his loss of the year with a 1st round KO.

Manager of the Year – No surprise here as Dean Sutherland has been #1 for the vast majority of the year and when he hasn’t been he is close behind. He has consistently been great this year.

Org of the Year – EVO has the best roster at the start to middle of the year but have slacked a bit towards the end and have allowed their competition to even up the rosters. But overall they still take the best of the year.

Knockout of the Year – There have been lots of great KO’s this year but when taking into account the level of the fight, Leonardo Ferreira KOing Rinky Spider in their rubber match takes KOTY. I wonder if Leo ever got that biscuit?

Submission of the Year – I chose this award based on the ‘WOW’ factor. Lil Wayne was undefeated throughout the year, dominating everyone in his path and was without doubt the favourite to win gold at the Olympics. Ron Lemieux looked to be another stone in Lil Wayne’s path and after 2 rounds it looked that way. He eventually got a takedown in the third round and locked in a tight triangle to crush the spirits of Wayne. Massive upset for Ron.

Fight of the Year – The Olympics is where the top fighters battle it out, so it’s not surprising to see another award that took place during them. Ugor Makinwa vs Flagon Sackett was a back and forth brawl for 5 rounds, Sackett was winning on the scorecards up 3 round to 1, although Ugor gave as good as he got. With seconds left in round 5, Ugor launched a combo that turned the lights of for Sackett. A fantastic way to cap off an amazing fight.

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year – This is a tough one to call. My choice would be between Rocky McColgan who is a solid top 10 ranked Heavyweight fighter now, in the finals of the Olympics and the other main candidate in my eyes is Rockmeteller Todd who fights at 185. Both are currently ranked 2nd in their weight classes and are in the finals of the Olympics.

Breakthrough Manager of the Year – Lots of managers this year have had a few great months but then trailed off somewhere along the lines but one who stands out in my eyes is G Wad. He reached #1 ranking manager in the first half of the year and has been lingering around top 10 for the time he wasn’t #1.

Breakthrough Org of the Year – Everyone can agree that running an org is a tough job, it gets even tougher when you are a top ranked org who’s fighters are in the eyes of rival organisations. Troid was taken over late last year, and looked to be for a while another ID org that would get poached to hell once their fighters were reaching the cap. However through the efforts of owner Grant Brophy he has made Troid into a top 10 org with a very strong roster, all this whilst still being an ID restricted org.

Those are the official TWW awards, however I would like to say a bit about the controversy with the Unofficial Awards that were in the forums for a few days. These awards were seemingly being enjoyed by most who were participating. They were set up to make light of those who take the official awards too seriously, no offence was meant by most of them. However a few people started arguing and taking things too personally and Marky O Sullivan (who was earlier participating in the banter) closed the thread and removed it from public sight on grounds of ‘it gives a bad impression of the game.’ At the end of the day, this is a GAME. Meant to have fun in, to all those who take the actual awards too seriously and take the game too seriously, we the people tried to make light of the situation and have a fun and enjoyable thread.

To many a people’s eye it looked like Marky started to argue with a few of those participating and used his moderator powers to close down a thread where he was taking some heat, many felt this was Marky abusing his mod powers.

To those who can hear me I say, "Do not despair." The misery and oppression that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of one man who fear the way of human progress and human camaraderie. The hate of men will pass and power abusing moderators move on; and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men live and die and let the truth be heard, liberty will never perish.

Managers, readers: Don't give yourselves to oppressing mods, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, tell you what you can and cannot say in an internet forum; who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as bait to anger people. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate; only the unloved hate, the unloved and the unnatural.

Then, in the name of peoples free speech, let us use that power! Let us all unite!! Let us fight for a new forum, a decent forum that will give men a chance to say what they want, that will give you the future and old age a security of not being banned for speaking your mind. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie! They do not fulfill their promise; they never will. Power abusing mod’s free themselves, but they enslave the people!! Now, let us fight to fulfill that promise, let us fight to remove the sand form their vaginas!! Let us fight to free the forum, to do away with barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a forum of reason, a forum where freedom and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

I expect all of that to be deleted just like Dino’s sigs. It needed to be said. Ciao and have a merry holidays, but most importantly. Everyone chill out and learn to have fun again, for ‘tis only but a game, on the internet.

Wolf wrote the rant, which got me thinking about something. The unofficial awards were a bit of fun, in which most took in good taste and even threw up a few nominations of their own. Marky closed the thread due to it giving new members a bad impression of Tycoon, which at best is hypocritical, considering I have never had a TWW removed.

It appears that Marky just doesn’t like it when people poke fun at him, he decides because he is Mike’s “boy” that he can remove things which show him in a negative light. There are rumours, now this is merely rumours that I have not heard from the horse’s mouth that other moderators seen no problem with the unofficial awards.

Now the TWW news has shown the good things in Tycoon as well as the bad things, but it has never been moderated and I have never been asked by a mod to remove something. I wrote a rather nasty poem about Castor before, which was never removed and seen as trash talk. However my sig, which was directed at Marky was removed; apparently it isn’t trash talk when aimed at him. I even had my sig for a month as “hey, fuck you”, it was never removed or asked to be removed.

Mike has already said that he will do nothing about Marky, despite the fact he has clearly over reached with his powers and has personal vendettas against certain members of the community. Previously it was Mannetosen who was constantly nitpicked against by Marky, now it is Uniconor. We have it from a very reliable source that Marky tried to get Conor banned, saying that hate speech is the same as calling someone a cbomb; go figure. Conor may be a cbomb at times, he may be a troll, he may be a fucking and utter imbecile at times, but he is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else.
I’ll leave this rant with a quote of a person a lot wiser than us.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

A Ducker Among Us

Nothing like a bit of Tycoon Drama to keep the forum in high spirits, and it’s feeling very festive over the Christmas period so time to enjoy another bit of drama.

We’ve had word from the ground that Baby Face Nelson, yeah that guy who manages the undefeated Tommy Grunge, has been shown to be a guy who doesn’t exactly enjoy good competition. Only a matter of time ago, it was revealed that he had been released from his contract with Slaughterhouse FC, with the management of the org citing “Creative Differences” which is a very polite way of saying Mr Nelson didn’t like being given fights he didn’t hand pick.

Tommy Grunge, currently 26-0-1, had a fight offer against Don Diego, managed by StPierreSpammer, and declined it. Now, you might be wondering why he would decline the fight? Maybe it was a rank issue, with Grunge being in the top 100 and Diego being Sub 500. Maybe he wanted training time? Maybe the manager was busy in real life?

Simple answer is none of the above as our source has revealed to us that Tommy Grunge wanted to select his own fight. Yes you heard that right. Baby Face Nelson wanted to become the org matchmaker on a strict basis of just for his own fighters.

Surely the Org Owner, JJ Tycooner, would be disgusted with this request, nay, this demand? Well, the plot thickens even further now as it turns out that as part of the deal to sign Tommy Grunge to his org Slaughterhouse, JJ Tycooner told him he could in fact choose all of his own fights!

Ironically, this is all revealed after a write up by Mark O’Sullivan for the org which I quote

“What's amazing is that despite dominating at the elite MMA organisations throughout the world J.J. Tycooner convinced one of the best and most dangerous fighter on the planet at this time to signed with Slaughterhouse FC. If J.J. Tycooner continues to convince elite fighters like Tommy Grunge to sign for his organisation, it wont be long before his young organisation finds itself ranked amongst the top 10 organisations in the world. I can see in the near future, there'll be fighters coming to take on Tommy Grunge to prove they're better than him and if J.J. Tycooner has signed him down to a long term deal, that means those elite fighters who want to fight Tommy could end up signing for Slaughterhouse FC as well.”

Now it’s clear how JJ Tycooner convinced him to join, it shows the org in a bad light, but not nearly as bad as how it shows Mr Grunge, and brings into question the legitimacy of his record, which we can safely say will never be looked upon as one of the greats.

It is not only Slaughterhouse however that Grunge has had it’s run ins with either, as Grunge has attempted the same at EVO where he claimed he would become picky of who he fights should he lose, something that no fighter, or manager, would ever do if they want to even come close to being an all time great.

Simply put, this is a sad thing to hear about a fighter who appeared to have a lot of potential, and now turns out to simply be a man who is scared to fight the best competition.

On behalf of the TWW News team, I would like to wish everyone a merry christmas and hope you all enjoy the festive period.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 5

I haven't fully read all of this just yet but I've had a glance over the topics mentioned and yes I've noticed one about my recent actions. Regardless, I'm sure the entire TWW is another high quality write up by you guys and so will take a read over it when I have more free time on my hands later tonight.

I seen there was some formatting issues, so I'm guessing either Grant or one of the other guys who contributed towards this TWW just copied and pasted someone else's content which was I'm guessing sent via in game mail. I've found that doing that tends to add a lot of unnecessary whitespace and so I've removed all the unnecessary whitespace, not sure if that counts as editing by Dinooo and if it does, I guess there's not going to be another TWW which would be a shame but the formatting definitely needs improved. I know KingEpicity does a top notch job formatting write ups for Troid EP, so I'd recommend him to help you guys out with that.

• Upvote 5

Awesome read, as always. Thanks for taking the time and effort for writing this, it's one of the few things on the forum I actually look forward to and enjoy reading.

Well done Gwad on breakthrough manager of the year!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the mention and kind words on bringing Syn back to life. As far as my arrangement w/ Jeff we never really discussed it which I suppose was a mistake on my part. I spent about 10 million fixing that org and did most of the match-making and recruiting for the 8 months that I was there before handing off match-making duties in mid to late November to Michael Knight due to burn-out.

Jeff gave me SFC basically to become the owner of Syn. No money was exchanged between us. The reason I did that was two fold, at the time I was ready to quit the game after closing down ITFL but Dinooo, GBK and Mega convinced me to stick around to save Syn. I wanted to quit because my roster went to shit after the changes and I was very resistant to a rebuild as I hate fighting at the lower levels in this game and typically don't put very much thought into sliders on fighters until they turn about 25 (which actually my rebuild helped me dedicate my time to Syn). So in the event that I just didn't have it in me to stick around the game, I wanted someone else to be the one who actually owned the org so I was free to leave whenever I pleased. The other reason was due to the fact that I wasn't spending money on SFC and Jeff had offers to actually purchase his org, I wanted to show him that he wasn't going to just be my bitch or be stuck forever as an employee because if that was the case I didn't think he'd actually merge SFC considering it was in far better shape w/ the # of fighters, roster depth and young talent than Syn was in at the time (it only had 80 guys when I bought it). So it was a gesture to show that we were partners in the org, which is a gesture I didn't really feel was returned when he handed the org to Bjorn w/o ever speaking to me about wanting to sell it. I was informed after he made his decision he was going to hand it to Bjorn but before Bjorn actually came over.

To be fair, Jeff saw me mention being burned out in the org chat box before I handed the match-making duties to Michael, and in late november/early december my dad moved 1100 miles away and I was inactive for a week while moving him to his new place. Jeff was under the impression I was on my way out of the game and those two things are why he didn't think I'd want the org and never offered it to me. But Jeff and I have spoken about it and my being upset at first over how things played out and everything is cool w/ us. I've also spoken to Bjorn about it because he was unaware any of that stuff between me and Jeff took place until a few days ago

• Upvote 3

My thoughts after having a read through.

- It was interesting to read about Syn's history, I remember it was owned at Dark Soul at a stage but I couldn't really remember who owned it prior to him. Fingers crossed Bjorn will continue to ensure Syn lives up to it's name and we wont have petty managers avoiding that organisation because they dislike Bjorn but it already happens with other organisations so of course it'll happen to Bjorn. Best of luck to him and JLP and I look forward to hopefully having a fighter among their roster in the future.

- Breaking down the key upsets in the Olympics was a good idea, it was good hearing the thoughts of the TWW team on those fights. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what happens to the fighters who lost in the upset fights, I'm sure we'll see rematches in the future but who knows perhaps this could be an end of an era where the fighters who caused the upsets are going to be dominant now.

- I just want to say congrats to those who won a TWW award and I look forward to seeing a cool looking trophy on their profiles.

- Have to admit it was an entertaining read, very informative and I was surprised at Tommy Grunge leaving Slaughterhouse FC. I thought he joined them because they were doing something big and he wanted to be apart of a fresh project, looks like I was completely wrong. I'll still be keeping an eye on him for future performances, hopefully he'll get a tough match up which will really test how good he is.

We were waiting for Grant to finish doing the TWW, I had already formatted me and Wolfs part on word but by the time Grant was finished I was watching a movie with the misses and didn't want to have to re-format another piece so I gave it to him to post. I heard that someone mailed Grant about the opening introduction etc, that was myself that wrote that along with the piece on Syn and the Upsets, Wolf done the TWW Awards this year and Grant done the piece on Babyface.

Syn from what I remember was owned by the following people.

Franky Sin

Avon Barksdale

Louie

Dark Soul

Embalmer

It won 2 org of the year awards, in 09 and 10 and it has won event of the year in 2010 and 2011. If you want a comprehensive reading about the old days in Syn I am sure Jbomb done a piece on it ages ago. Might be a pain in the arse to find but I am sure it was the orgs full name in the title which not many people use.

I also just read this part

"Fingers crossed Bjorn will continue to ensure Syn lives up to it's name and we wont have petty managers avoiding that organisation because they dislike Bjorn but it already happens with other organisations so of course it'll happen to Bjorn."

I happen to be one of these "petty managers", it isn't petty nor is it as you rightfully said uncommon. I mean NFC had at least two alliances which boycotted fighting there. There are some managers which point blank refuse to fight for myself, there are some who left because they didn't get their own way and talk a lot of shit about Evo spinning off their conspiracy theories. It just happens that two of those people are now in charge at Syn; but i suppose i'd be the petty one since I don't throw the victim card about. As I have stated to Bjorn in chat, I have no interest in doing any business what so ever with Syn with him at the helm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

- It was interesting to read about Syn's history, I remember it was owned at Dark Soul at a stage but I couldn't really remember who owned it prior to him. Fingers crossed Bjorn will continue to ensure Syn lives up to it's name and we wont have petty managers avoiding that organisation because they dislike Bjorn but it already happens with other organisations so of course it'll happen to Bjorn. Best of luck to him and JLP and I look forward to hopefully having a fighter among their roster in the future.

Ironic considering JLP immediately used his inactivity clause to bail out of Epicity when I announced merging with Troid because he disliked Grant. Bjorn also told me he would not ever be signing with Troid EP because he dislikes Grant. If they can't follow by example and not be petty when signing with orgs they should have no fallacies that people who dislike them will stand with them.

• Upvote 3

Ah yes, I do remember Louie running Syn however I wasn't following Syn prior to him owning it. Thanks for letting me know about the former owners.

Everyone has their reasoning for refusing to work with certain business owners, I get that, there is some org owners I would avoid because they've got a reputation for being a bad organisation owner and just operate in a shady / shitty way. I've been advised to avoid certain organisations because of the same reasons. I think you (Dinooo) have a fair reason for not wanting to work with those who are at Syn, I can understand the frustration you may feel.

However there are some others who I've seen say in the past that because they don't like Bjorn because it's him, not because he's done anything bad to them but because of his posting style or whatever. I get that Bjorn can be, to put it politely extremely excited / passionate at times, whereas some might say he is over the top and annoying. Regardless, the guy is passionate about MMA Tycoon and it's something I personally like to see.

He's not the only one who's like that (excited / annoying), I've heard other managers complain about org owners who message the managers who have fighters signed there a lot, that's a minor thing and yes it can be annoying but I'm sure so can be the other messages you can get in the game such as personal assistant messages regarding coach morale, a fighter not training, auto flight warning, auto flight bookings, etc. If anything, it just shows that there's room for improvement to the mailing system that you should have more control over what messages you receive, perhaps you only want to find out important messages from org owners such as contracts / fight offer related messages and everything else will be automatically blocked.

I think with Bjorn being at an organisation with such a big history, people should try and not be put off from signing fighters there, you're signing a fighter to just an organisation owned by Bjorn, you're signing a fighter to one of the biggest organisations in the game which has a massive history and has held some of the biggest and best fights in MMA Tycoon. Org owners come and go but at the end of the day it's the legacy left by the fighters who fought at the organisations which will be never forgotten and always be talked about.

• Upvote 2

Ironic considering JLP immediately used his inactivity clause to bail out of Epicity when I announced merging with Troid because he disliked Grant. Bjorn also told me he would not ever be signing with Troid EP because he dislikes Grant. If they can't follow by example and not be petty when signing with orgs they should have no fallacies that people who dislike them will stand with them.

That's petty on both JLP's and Bjorn's behalf. It's a two way thing, if JLP and Bjorn have a poor relationship with certain managers like Grant, then of course Grant will avoid signing his fighters with them and vice versa. I guess it's down to the organisation owner to make an effort to try and rebuild previously burnt bridges so they can at least have a working relationship again. Then again there's some managers who will never get along and there's no chance of them ever doing business.

I'm pretty sure I had a four fight deal with Hoi at Epicity that ended at EP33. The final Epicity show was EP40 about a month and a half later. Maybe it was a five fight deal and I opted out of the last fight. It would be pretty dumb to sign an extension to a new org in a different city based on one fight though. I cant really remember something so insignificant.

I don't know where you come up with the "JLP hates Grant" stuff you've spun before. (The only guy I've ever come close to hating who played the game quit a short time ago. He was a nasty racist homophobic bigot who would fill my inbox with filth. I think the library revoked his computer access.) I participated in ITFL in troid and didnt object when shortfuse asked before he gave it to Grant. If I hated Grant so much I wouldnt have let him have the tournament I co-created.

The only org I ignore is Gamma and they ignore me. It's pretty stupid to refuse to sign someplace based on the forum interactions.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure I had a four fight deal with Hoi at Epicity that ended at EP33. The final Epicity show was EP40 about a month and a half later. Maybe it was a five fight deal and I opted out of the last fight. It would be pretty dumb to sign an extension to a new org in a different city based on one fight though. I cant really remember something so insignificant.

I don't know where you come up with the "JLP hates Grant" stuff you've spun before. (The only guy I've ever come close to hating who played the game quit a short time ago. He was a nasty racist homophobic bigot who would fill my inbox with filth. I think the library revoked his computer access.) I participated in ITFL in troid and didnt object when shortfuse asked before he gave it to Grant. If I hated Grant so much I wouldnt have let him have the tournament I co-created.

The only org I ignore is Gamma and they ignore me. It's pretty stupid to refuse to sign someplace based on the forum interactions.

I probably got that impression because the same night I announced the merger you opted out of your contract via the low inactive clauses and never gave me an explanation. Ironic cause all you had to do was asked and I would of released you and thanked you for the communication. I do think you only had one fight left actually. I thought I remembered you saying something about never signing with Troid but that part admittedly I may be mistaken.

Ironic you said that it would be stupid to do so because that's precisely what Bjorn did based on forum interactions with Grant. He said as much when we talked about him returning after Mad Cash in PMs.

That's petty on both JLP's and Bjorn's behalf. It's a two way thing, if JLP and Bjorn have a poor relationship with certain managers like Grant, then of course Grant will avoid signing his fighters with them and vice versa. I guess it's down to the organisation owner to make an effort to try and rebuild previously burnt bridges so they can at least have a working relationship again. Then again there's some managers who will never get along and there's no chance of them ever doing business.

See my previous post for an answer to this.

I know you are trying to stir the shit in your typical passive-aggressive fashion Marky, like you did when the Syn change of ownership was announced last time and in posts #6, 9 and 10.

so I'll bow out of the conversation and you can continue to be a mealy mouthed bitch.

• Upvote 1

I probably got that impression because the same night I announced the merger you opted out of your contract via the los inactive clauses and never gave me an explanation. Ironic cause all you had to do was asked and I would of released you and thanked you for the communication. I thought I remembered you saying something about never signing with Troid but that part admittedly I may be mistaken.

Ironic you said that it would be stupid to do so because that's precisely what Bjorn did based on forum interactions with Grant. He said as much when we talked about him returning after Mad Cash in PMs.

Bjorn and I arent the same entity. Marky's probably going to suspend me, so good day to you sir.

I like to nominate TWW News for an unofficial award over Tycoon Times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ah yes, I do remember Louie running Syn however I wasn't following Syn prior to him owning it. Thanks for letting me know about the former owners.

Everyone has their reasoning for refusing to work with certain business owners, I get that, there is some org owners I would avoid because they've got a reputation for being a bad organisation owner and just operate in a shady / shitty way. I've been advised to avoid certain organisations because of the same reasons. I think you (Dinooo) have a fair reason for not wanting to work with those who are at Syn, I can understand the frustration you may feel.

However there are some others who I've seen say in the past that because they don't like Bjorn because it's him, not because he's done anything bad to them but because of his posting style or whatever. I get that Bjorn can be, to put it politely extremely excited / passionate at times, whereas some might say he is over the top and annoying. Regardless, the guy is passionate about MMA Tycoon and it's something I personally like to see.

He's not the only one who's like that (excited / annoying), I've heard other managers complain about org owners who message the managers who have fighters signed there a lot, that's a minor thing and yes it can be annoying but I'm sure so can be the other messages you can get in the game such as personal assistant messages regarding coach morale, a fighter not training, auto flight warning, auto flight bookings, etc. If anything, it just shows that there's room for improvement to the mailing system that you should have more control over what messages you receive, perhaps you only want to find out important messages from org owners such as contracts / fight offer related messages and everything else will be automatically blocked.

I think with Bjorn being at an organisation with such a big history, people should try and not be put off from signing fighters there, you're signing a fighter to just an organisation owned by Bjorn, you're signing a fighter to one of the biggest organisations in the game which has a massive history and has held some of the biggest and best fights in MMA Tycoon. Org owners come and go but at the end of the day it's the legacy left by the fighters who fought at the organisations which will be never forgotten and always be talked about.

The thing is that an org is only as good as its owner. Syn has the most prestigious history in Tycoon, no org even comes close to touching it. Syn Supernova's were the events you would stay up in chat all night talked to other managers about. It was more active than some UFC fights waiting for those events. If Shortfuse back when he owned Syn ever done a Supernova, you could have been damn sure that Leo, Croft etc would all be on that card. Now, if Syn was to do a Supernova I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because of the org owner. I love Syn to pieces as an org, but I could never fight in an org in which I actively disliked the org owner. This at the end of the day for me is a game, a source of enjoyment, a fantasy world to indulge myself in when looking for a break from studying and the last thing I want to do is having to deal with people I dislike.

Now I feel like I am about to rant a bit about it.

A good org owner needs conviction, he needs to be at least semi likable, they need to have an established network of managers to rely on and they need to know what the fuck they are talking about. Bjorn has none of those characteristics, he managed to piss of not only the best alliance in the game but he also managed to piss of the best up and coming alliance in the game. He lacks any sort of knowledge regarding orgs, I mean look at the farcical of his NYFN charity event if you need evidence of this. Any org owner worth their salt knows that an event in an org with no hype brings in little to no profit in their first event; it is the second event you make the big bucks in. This is something that I recently showed to McGregor and GBK when helping them get to money printer status, PPV hype works in a near identical way to org hype (i often suspect they are the same thing but Skinny Vince insisted that there is a hidden ppv hype).

That event I have suspected was JLP's idea, JLP knows a bit about how orgs work, I assume that this is dealing with Shortfuse and the ITFL or just by generally reading about it. JLP would be a good org owner if it wasn't the fact he can be very unlikable at times. The only knock on JLP is that he has never worked in the big leagues other than MFN for about two weeks or so. JLP can be a decent guy when he wants to, but his inner troll gets the better of him at times.

All the top org owners have been in for the long haul with their orgs, they have learned through one avenue or another about the PPVs and the org business. Bjorn knows nothing, zlitch, he has been handed the keys to a Ferrari without getting his drivers licence. Now a part of me is really bitter I admit about him getting Syn over Shortfuse or other worthy candidates; but anyone I have spoken to about the takeover has said to me that Syn might be finished in 6 months time. I personally agree with the statement, the EPL will kill the org; once again it shows the naivety in the leadership, Gus is included in this one, but I think it was Davies that suggested it and I was about to send them a message about it but instead I'll leave it here. Orgs which have a fighter count of 120 or above realistically has to run two events at least biweekly in order to keep everyone happy. The EPL is a weekly event, which means that it will have a third event added in, now for those of you who read this and have never owned an org might not know of something called diminishing returns. DR as it is called is the biggest bitch in the world for huge orgs, to explain it in short hand, every day of the week has a value, events on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday I believe at 1, Saturday is 1.05 and the others are in the .90's, whenever you run two events per week that number is reduced by 10, if you run three events per week it goes down by .25. Anyway, this at the top level of the game is killer, and doing this for over 16 weeks will bankrupt any org.

Anyway, that is my rant about it. Some of it may sound like a different language and if anyone needs some of it broken down or if any new org owners want to query anything shoot me a PM, if i am in a generous mood I may even give you the fabled Blitz Spreadsheet which is basically tycoon tools apart from 100 times more accurate with its predictions. As far as Bjorn and Syn goes, please for the love of God give it to someone who knows what they are doing, learn from them for 6 months or so then take over the org or something.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I have to say, I have never once had a problem JLP when it comes to him fighting in Troid or anything other than the Tournament shit at the start of the year, and even that was just us having different views on what should have happened in something rather than a problem with each other personally. He had a fighter in Troid before, and he left with that fighter without any drama or anything else.

Bjorn on the other hand, I didn't even hear from him that he wouldn't fight in Troid, I ended up hearing from about 3 different people that he would straight out refuse to fight in an org I ran, and this would include one off fights against people who challenged him, or people he challenged. So quite frankly, no, I won't sign a guy to Syn while Bjorn owns it, even though I am fairly sure my current fighters will be in ID orgs until the end of next year at the earliest. Even without his choice to not fight in my org, I still wouldn't because simply put, I do not like the guy. There is a medley of reasons for why, and I could sit here for a while listing them, but I feel I have made my point clear. It's easy to say "People don't like Bjorn", but rarely do people even consider "Why might they not like him?" before immediately branding them as unreasonable. Heck, I made a post in a thread only yesterday and immediately had Bjorn trying to jump down my throat about it. We have a fight coming up in Havoc and I got told last week " if you want to smack talk, great, but perhaps message me when you do , so that I can react." which honestly just makes me not feel like smack talking if I need to hold his hand while it happens. He even had a problem with a line in this thread, and because I have him unblocked for the SOLE purpose of discussing Gony shit due to us being in a team, he feels he can just waltz into my messages and try taking an issue on a point with me, on something I didn't write purely because the writer has him blocked, something I am going to be reverting to now myself due to his continuance of PM'ing me about non-GONY shit when I told him specifically to not message me unless it is GONY related. His issue with a post in this thread led to me posting random shit in reply to get him to kindly fuck off.

Glad so many people enjoyed this article anyway, and hopefully the next edition will be one of the best ones yet since we have a nice topic to write on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why doesn't he read the smack talk link like everybody else instead of requesting a pm?

• Downvote 1

My advice to Bjorn is do not reply to any of these posts. You can't help but get over emotional & you usually come off looking badly in these situations so avoid the thread entirely if you must.

Just my friendly advice for the day :)

Wait you mean Bjorn SHOULDN'T jump into starving shark infested waters full of blood and chum? Yeah that's actually pretty good advice. +1

Can he resist getting not the last word in though? Aside from PMs of course 'cause we all know they are incoming. I already got mine like clockwork.

• Upvote 2

Haha Ryan, it's easy for ME to say because I'm removed from the situation. But I already know if I was in Bjorn's position this thread would be 10 pages long already as I not so politely told you guys to kiss my fucking ass lol.

That's why I have the name shortfuse though. That damn Irish temper usually wins out. Although I have mellowed in my old age. It's either that or my blood finally has enough THC in it after all thesd years I just can't get as angry as before lol. Not sure which though
  • Upvote 4

Don't worry Sean, I'll leave one reply so that others can judge for themselves and then leave the thread ;)

At the time that I said I wouldn't fight for EVO or Troid, we were in stupid discussions, but I no longer feel like that. I have had two fighters in ITFL, hosted by Troid , and it was a great experience , even while I got my ass kicked on frequent times :P If they organise a new season, I'll be trying to make sure I have at least a fighter for them again. And I have no problem with sending one of my own fighters over for a regular contract in the future as well.

I congratulated GBK like a week ago on the big succes of his org and the tournament. I might have had beef with him in the past, but I like to put that aside.

I talked to dinooo in chat about superfights between SYn and EVO in the future and even offered that Michael or JLP would deal with him for such superfights and that he wouldn't have to deal with me at all, but he said 'no'. In my opinion it's bad for MMATycoon and all the managers involved if two of the top orgs don't do superfights, but I have no control in Dinooo his decision and already have agreements with all the other top orgs about the fact that we will do superfights together. I'm going to do my very best at Syn and hope people will give me a chance.

-bjorn-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Haha Ryan, it's easy for ME to say because I'm removed from the situation. But I already know if I was in Bjorn's position this thread would be 10 pages long already as I not so politely told you guys to kiss my fucking ass lol.

That's why I have the name shortfuse though. That damn Irish temper usually wins out. Although I have mellowed in my old age. It's either that or my blood finally has enough THC in it after all thesd years I just can't get as angry as before lol. Not sure which though

Weed definitely has that effect. I used to get into fights all the time as a young teen because of my short temper and losing my cool. By the time I was 17 I would just look at someone sideways and say can't we just smoke instead of fight. Worked pretty much every time. I have not smoked for awhile now because of work and family obligations and I feel like my green blood is thinning and my fuse is shorter. (pun intended)

• Upvote 2