Incentive for playing the game a certain amount of years.

bjornmma1

When I got my message for two years in the game a week ago and it said something like $500 , 5 lottery tickets and a free spin, it seemed like not much. When I saw that John got something very similar for 4 years in the game , I was wondering if there couldn't be a better rewarding system.

What I would suggest is that every two years a manager plays the game, he gets an extra fighter slot. That is something everybody can look forward to in my opinion and is a great gift.
I know that some will say that less fighter slots will be bought then, but to be honest, at a rate of one fighter slot per 2 years, it's nothing going to make you have a roster of 20 soon if you started with 10 right...?

And a lot of the longer playing managers have already bought the max amount of fighter slots available now , so can't buy more anyway.

I am in no way saying that I didn't appreciate the message and the gifts, but I think a fighter slot every two years could mean a lot more and will keep managers more motivated as well I believe.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

When I got my message for two years in the game a week ago and it said something like $500 , 5 lottery tickets and a free spin, it seemed like not much. When I saw that John got something very similar for 4 years in the game , I was wondering if there couldn't be a better rewarding system.

What I would suggest is that every two years a manager plays the game, he gets an extra fighter slot. That is something everybody can look forward to in my opinion and is a great gift.

I know that some will say that less fighter slots will be bought then, but to be honest, at a rate of one fighter slot per 2 years, it's nothing going to make you have a roster of 20 soon if you started with 10 right...?

And a lot of the longer playing managers have already bought the max amount of fighter slots available now , so can't buy more anyway.

I am in no way saying that I didn't appreciate the message and the gifts, but I think a fighter slot every two years could mean a lot more and will keep managers more motivated as well I believe.

Maybe this could only apply to VIPs. And it would have to be uninterrupted years of VIP.

• Upvote 1

The OP has a good idea about the incentive for playing but I have a problem with the "free" part of it and here is my reasoning behind it.

This game is very cheap to play considering the amount of hours you can play it for and the amount of actual shit you can do. I have played WMMA before, bought 3 and 4 and it costs about $35 dollars a pop which I didn't grudge paying for. WMMA though is a very small part of what you can do on MMA Tycoon though, add in some actual interacting with people and dealing with different situations and you find yourself immersed in a game with endless possibilities compared to WMMA, which can get stale like any manager game after a while.

Tycoon on the other hand costs $30 a year which is about half of what you pay for a Xbox or PS game. When I first joined the game I was kicking the habit of playing another game so I instantly bought VIP and the fighter slots (if i spend money on something I like to get my monies worth out it). I think that is about £50 for a years VIP and the 5 fighter slots, prolly a little less and for me at least that is just a computer game I'd usually buy on a yearly basis. I also have to take into account that most of that £50 quid is a one off payment, that I would never have to do again. The amount of playing time I have done on this game compared to other games I have played isn't even a competition. Black Ops 3 for example, I think I have spent more time on Tycoon in a week than I have playing that game. Mike has also never raised the prices for any of his products in the 4 and a half years I have been here. So for me to ask for something for free, just feels wrong in my opinion.

My counter to the OP is while I agree about the fight slot, how about after every one year of playing the game you can purchase an extra fighter slot. This gives you the added incentive like the OP suggests but also allows for Mike to make a little bit extra money; considering he has a newborn I'd assume he wouldn't mind the extra income. The bottom line of it is that he runs a business and not a charity, the spin and win is already there to try and win these free fighter slots; he already gives away that just for participating in the forums and other stuff in the game. As I said about, asking for more free shit just feels wrong in this situation. I am sure most of the older generation players will agree that a newborn costs a hell of a lot of money, so at this time certainly asking for anything for free feels a hell of a lot more wrong. A fighter slot costs $10, say if 10% of the game chose to take up the option on a yearly basis that means an extra $1000 which could be a months mortgage payment to Mike and to the general user an extra $10 a year (a takeaway, a packet of cigarettes here costs more actually) and gaining something permanent out of it would give us something to aim for and also actually do a bit of good for Mike in the process.

• Upvote 5

My counter to the OP is while I agree about the fight slot, how about after every one year of playing the game you can purchase an extra fighter slot. This gives you the added incentive like the OP suggests but also allows for Mike to make a little bit extra money; considering he has a newborn I'd assume he wouldn't mind the extra income.

This.

//

My counter to the OP is while I agree about the fight slot, how about after every one year of playing the game you can purchase an extra fighter slot. This gives you the added incentive like the OP suggests but also allows for Mike to make a little bit extra money; considering he has a newborn I'd assume he wouldn't mind the extra income.

I would actually rather see the price of the vip days go up a bit instead than having to pay extra for a fighters slot on top of the maximum allowed number of fighter slots. Paying more for VIP would seem only fair as the game is indeed cheap, but an incentive shouldn't be something you have to pay for in my opinion.

If the game would go up in price a few percentages, then that would help MIke as well, but he can still give a free fighter slot away then every two years as a reward system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am very happy for the vip price to stay the same. I think people might leave/not renew if it went up, even a little bit.

Dinoo's idea sounds best to me. Every year (or maybe two) you get the chance to buy another slot. That is fair and something that only affects you if you want it to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd prefer Dinooo's option. Agree with the points he raised and "solution" for the incentive.

P.s, it also wouldn't bother me if the VIP price went up.