Unusual manager demands

Mentor

Had one manager demand that i give all this fighters at least 6 weeks between fights, i gave him one for 5 weeks and he rejected :training2: , i mean sure i can understand if this was some project fighter or something like that, but this is someone which is a little over the top in my opinion, especially since i have a 30 days inactivity clause.

I had one dude which actually asked me to book him against weak fighters to build up his hype :suicide_anim:

You had anyone else ask for things like this?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one manager demand that i give all this fighters at least 6 weeks between fights, i gave him one for 5 weeks and he rejected :training2: , i mean sure i can understand if this was some project fighter or something like that, but this is someone which is a little over the top in my opinion, especially since i have a 30 days inactivity clause.

I had one dude which actually asked me to book him against weak fighters to build up his hype :suicide_anim:

You had anyone else ask for things like this?

While six weeks is a bit long to REQUIRE in between fights, its not so off kilter that I would have a huge problem with that. I'd make some sort of deal where I'd allow that until/unless the fighter is in title contention, and then I'd require him to fight on my schedule - one fight every 3-5 weeks (but usually 4). And I'd also require him to sign an inactivity clause of 50 days.

The dude asking for cans has no argument. I'd offer to allow him to fight QFCs if he'd like, but beyond that I'd tell him that I don't have cans in Blitzkrieg, but I will always give him fair fights that will improve his fighter.

I've had some similar demands, and you can usually come to an acceptable compromise. In fact, the only demand I ever received that I could not come to an agreement on was a fighter who demanded that I give him an immediate title shot. I told him the best I could do was guarantee two fights until the title shot with an small outside shot at his first fight being enough to make him the #1 contender - he ended up signing with a rival org in Hilo, and, oddly perhaps, that made me very happy! ;)

Yeah, I get a ton of different requests. Some I can accomodate, some I need to work with the person to compromise and sometimes it just doesn't work.

It's a game about community, some negotiation is always going to be needed.

Well, that guy is an idiot. I get that kind of request maybe once a month from a new manager who has signed up with CFC...I tell them that there aren't many easy matches in CFC but I'll give him the ability to take a qfc or two in the meantime to continue to improve.

One guy was a real dick about the entire process, so I eventually ended up telling him that his fighter WAS the easy match-up. ;)

that guy which wanted every 6 weeks agreed to an increased inactivity clause to 60 days, so i guess the demand is not too much, main thing was the clause for me. I told him i can only book his dude once every 2 months because i have just 1 weekend for each division, he agreed. Everyone can manage his fighter as they want, so if he wants a fight every 8 weeks that is fine with me :)

The oddest request I had was some scrub fighter refusing to fight anyone but the top competition. He was 1-0 and my champ was 3-0. I didn't think he was worthy, although I could tell he would become a halfway decent fighter.

That fighter was: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=19431

A talent scout I am not, obviously. :)

The oddest request I had was some scrub fighter refusing to fight anyone but the top competition. He was 1-0 and my champ was 3-0. I didn't think he was worthy, although I could tell he would become a halfway decent fighter.

Hahaha...funny thing is that when I read your story I had a pretty good idea of who it might be referencing.

Had one manager demand that i give all this fighters at least 6 weeks between fights[...]

It might be worth reminding him that 1 week = 1 month in this game. So he's asking for his fighters to fight twice a year, at most, which is pretty lame if they're not elite fighters.

I just dont like the guys who demand ridiculous amounts of money for small contracts.

I had a guy demand 3k/3k for his 3-0 fighter and wanted me to guarantee a fight every 2 weeks. Then only wanted a 2 fight deal.

I've once got confronted by a 0-0 how I gave a 1k across contract saying it was way too little... he said he only takes contracts higher than 1500, it was his first day in tycoon :P.

its funny to have people demand crazy shit. I get a kick out of it really. If they would actually just be reasonable about things they would get farther.

I just signed a guy today and caught his manager in chat, he mentioned he was in a sub standard gym so I sent him an extra 2k and told him to get into beez nest simply because I want fighters who fight for me to get better training.

Most of us org owners are reasonable and generous and if people realized it they would get ahead a lot more.

i bet you wish youd give him that shot now :P

The weird thing is that I could tell by the way Juice was talking that he knew what he was doing. I had no doubt that Pedro would be a really good fighter, but I wasn't willing to give in to one guy's "demands" if you want to call it that. He wasn't even really that unreasonable, but with a new org I just had a plan and wanted to stick with it.

its funny to have people demand crazy shit. I get a kick out of it really. If they would actually just be reasonable about things they would get farther.

I just signed a guy today and caught his manager in chat, he mentioned he was in a sub standard gym so I sent him an extra 2k and told him to get into beez nest simply because I want fighters who fight for me to get better training.

Most of us org owners are reasonable and generous and if people realized it they would get ahead a lot more.

i agree i have a great org owner (2 of my guys fight for MIFC) both are top prospects one with a huge win streak but the other just lost his fight and he is a kid with 2-1. im not a top rich manger and i cant sponsor the money for 2 fighters (i have another unsigned project which i want to invest in). i told him i might need a favor in the future to help me with cash since the guy that lost had a small contract, but nothing to urgent and he immediately sent me 2k without me even asking him. Brian Robertson u are the man and im glad to be fighting for u

Most org owners are probably more generous than you'd think. My contracts are worth more than face value. I don't give out a lot of "fight of the night" bonuses and stuff like that, but I'll throw you 2k if you tell me that you want to join a 600/week gym to prepare for your next fight. I'll re-negotiate with you if you feel you're not getting paid enough.

i agree i have a great org owner (2 of my guys fight for MIFC) both are top prospects one with a huge win streak but the other just lost his fight and he is a kid with 2-1. im not a top rich manger and i cant sponsor the money for 2 fighters (i have another unsigned project which i want to invest in). i told him i might need a favor in the future to help me with cash since the guy that lost had a small contract, but nothing to urgent and he immediately sent me 2k without me even asking him. Brian Robertson u are the man and im glad to be fighting for u

Thanks for the compliments.

I know I dont pay the most but I always take care of my fighters. Hopefully that shows through.

I have been in this game for ... not even two months. When I started, I was just happy to get a contract that was "better" than the qfc payouts, but I have to admit the first couple of months are still just there to get a feel for what fighter is "worth" how much money. The offers seem to be all over the place and I still don't fully understand how you org owners determine how much the contracts are worth. I had an org owner renegotiate a contract after 1 fight and offer more than double of the previous contract, even though my guy lost his first fight with his org. Same goes for sponsorship deals, they seem to be all over the place with my fighters.

Maybe I am low-balling my expectations for the fighter, and maybe I am too nice a manager: I haven't rejected a fight yet, and I usually accept fights within 24hours.

Reading about these "unusual" demands certainly is educational. Should I demand more money perhaps?

=================================================

advertising: http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=594

=================================================