Fighting Away From Base

TK

Hey, can anyone who has their fighters in orgs located in different cities than their base give me a general heads-up on the best way to go about it, please?

I've read the wiki, but would like to hear from someone who does it, just to be sure/safe.

Thanks

From the map, look at what the energy cost for the flight is and make sure you can recover from it. You'll recover about 5% per training session.

pretty simple. visit there and visit back, make sure u remember the $100/day lodging fee and don't miss weight. i didn't really "prepare" for it when i moved most of my guys to LV (while they were still in their same contracts in other cities) other than make sure they all had money. i maybe send 'em out a bit too early from time to time, but i have no nc's and i'd like to keep it that way...i also dont like to fight with low energy so too early is better than too late.

pretty simple. visit there and visit back, make sure u remember the $100/day lodging fee and don't miss weight. i didn't really "prepare" for it when i moved most of my guys to LV (while they were still in their same contracts in other cities) other than make sure they all had money. i maybe send 'em out a bit too early from time to time, but i have no nc's and i'd like to keep it that way...i also dont like to fight with low energy so too early is better than too late.

Cheers, thanks for that.

Yes, you can train in any gym (that has spaces) as long as you are in the same city - even if you are only visiting.

This might come in handy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

I travelled from London to Sydney only to find that as visitors my fighters can join gyms & pay the fee to join but then I cannot train any of my fighters there despite there being coaches there & spaces free, what am I doing wrong here? Paying to join a gym & not be able to actually train there is pretty annoying.

My fighters cannot even train at the basic gym in Sydney.

5 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

I travelled from London to Sydney only to find that as visitors my fighters can join gyms & pay the fee to join but then I cannot train any of my fighters there despite there being coaches there & spaces free, what am I doing wrong here? Paying to join a gym & not be able to actually train there is pretty annoying.

My fighters cannot even train at the basic gym in Sydney.

So basically you're hitting on the only remaining issue that would affect decisions to travel these days.  Everything else prior to this in this thread is no longer relevant even though the wiki documentation and stuff has not been updated to reflect is.  Basically...

...ever since 2019 or so, flights do not matter other than changing your based of operations if you need to do so for gym membership.  Outside that, flights are totally unnecessary when it comes to where you fight or where the org is located that your fighter may be fighting for.  You never leave your home base city.  Just stay there, and your fight will take place as if you were in the event location even though you're not.  No flying, no expense, no lost time spent going back and forth, etc.  

The ONLY reason to change base is if you're training in a gym in another city.  That's the reason you'd change base.  Not visit, because that won't work, change base.  Which can cost as much as 10-12k or so to do.  Hope this makes sense.

• Like 1

Okay, but why then was the message in the grapping tournament that you needed to be in the city & had to get there yourself? I only moved because of that.

Is that simply old information nobody bothered to update?

Copy pasted from the info about the event:

TWG 38

Divisions: Each fighter has a division allocated to them, based on their skill level. Division 1 being the best and Division 4 the lowest level.
Locations: You can join in any city but NOTE, there is no auto-flying - you will need to get your fighter to the correct location.
Weight: Weight cutting is allowed - you need to be able to make the weight at the time of entry into the tournament.

Edited by Skuzbukit
updated

4 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Okay, but why then was the message in the grapping tournament that you needed to be in the city & had to get there yourself? I only moved because of that.

Is that simply old information nobody bothered to update?

Copy pasted from the info about the event:

TWG 38

Divisions: Each fighter has a division allocated to them, based on their skill level. Division 1 being the best and Division 4 the lowest level.
Locations: You can join in any city but NOTE, there is no auto-flying - you will need to get your fighter to the correct location.
Weight: Weight cutting is allowed - you need to be able to make the weight at the time of entry into the tournament.

Because thats an old message that hasn't been changed after "travel" was updated to "teleportation."

2 minutes ago, Sprooch said:

Because thats an old message that hasn't been changed after "travel" was updated to "teleportation."

Not having a go at you since you are simply passing on the information, but is there a LOT of old outdated & highly misleading information like that in this game?

Update:

Realised I made a small error in my earlier post, the fighter I moved went London to Montreal for the Grappling tournament.

The issue with the fighters in Sydney is worse that I thought, I have two fighters I seem to have created in Sydney, so  they are based there, but they cannot train at the basic gym - drop down menus all say n/a & cannot be changed after joining. And I had previouslytried an expensive gym and had the same problem.

Based in Sydney, cannot train in 2 gyms in sydney that I paid to join, supposedly had coaches & space - is that a bug?

29 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Update:

Realised I made a small error in my earlier post, the fighter I moved went London to Montreal for the Grappling tournament.

The issue with the fighters in Sydney is worse that I thought, I have two fighters I seem to have created in Sydney, so  they are based there, but they cannot train at the basic gym - drop down menus all say n/a & cannot be changed after joining. And I had previouslytried an expensive gym and had the same problem.

Based in Sydney, cannot train in 2 gyms in sydney that I paid to join, supposedly had coaches & space - is that a bug?

You need to go to your fighter's page and change the training from the drop down from No Training to Full Time.

17 minutes ago, Sprooch said:

You need to go to your fighter's page and change the training from the drop down from No Training to Full Time.

Never mind, I am an idiot, they are in a tournament that I hadn't realised blocks training, totally forget they were signed up for it. Sorry.

Edited by Skuzbukit
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1