Dana White Post-Fight Press Conference Comments

Ariel Helwani is live tweeting the press conference

http://twitter.com/arielhelwani

Some of the more juicy quotes:

DW - I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that sh*t

To end it the way that we did was an embarrasment for me, the ufc, the fertittas, the ufc

I will, I dont know how yet, but I will make this up to the fans. - DW

iF YOU'RE that talented, be mike tyson. go in there and finish -- DW.

dw: this one took the cake - when asked if this was more embarrassing than 97

DW -- Frankie's win may be one of the biggest upsets in UFC history.

Brutal card for the UFC. Two of your invincible champs are involved in "strategic" fights that don't involve a lot of action and your legends fight sees the hometown favorite practically giving up. White had even more riding on the Silva fight since the other two didn't deliver.

one of the interviews had Dana saying that he told Anderson and his manager to meet him in his trailor and Dana was on his way there....i would love to know what was said in there and what the plans are

I really feel that there will be a punishment for Silva as I honestly think that has genuinely pissed off the upper brass of the UFC (and not just Dana White).

However I do not think we will know what it is for a quite a time as they will work out the bets way of doing it while cashing in on the big time PPV sales.

I really feel that there will be a punishment for Silva as I honestly think that has genuinely pissed off the upper brass of the UFC (and not just Dana White).

Sticking him in the cage with Belfort?

However I do not think we will know what it is for a quite a time as they will work out the bets way of doing it while cashing in on the big time PPV sales.

I honestly don't think they can put "the best fighter in the world" on a card by himself without a solid supporting cast anymore. He's pissed off everyone from his boss to his countrymen. I've been burned twice now by this prick at $60 a pop. I may watch him "fight" still, but it'll be whilst nursing a pint at the local pub and will in no way reflect on my cable bill.

I honestly don't think they can put "the best fighter in the world" on a card by himself without a solid supporting cast anymore. He's pissed off everyone from his boss to his countrymen. I've been burned twice now by this prick at $60 a pop. I may watch him "fight" still, but it'll be whilst nursing a pint at the local pub and will in no way reflect on my cable bill.

With clever advertising (and the right opponent) he will still draw to some and as a second act on a big card it is always going to be a huge seller.

However I do understand this point of view.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9156

Basically that is my answer to this, as long as fights are rated as they are now, we will continue seeing the same crap which has been going on over the last few months. Fights are becoming a lot more like boxing where they simply come to the cage to win on points. Intimidation, ring control, takedowns are all rated way to high. Very little is put on "desire" to actually fight and damage.

If you run around for 2 rounds trying to get a points win, you should loose those rounds 8 to 10 in my opinion. Trying to "hold on" to a win should be seriously penalized. People pay good money to see you fight for 15 minutes (or 25 in case of the titles), if you do not want to fight then try some other sport such as curling or chess.

Unfortunately i am missing the good old days where the UFC was a real fight organization and Pride was still alive, funny thing is we never used to see this shit in Pride (unless the fighters came from the UFC, Kimo vs Severn comes to mind). Today fighters have a lot better D, their cardio is much better also so they can defend and last a lot longer. Something needs to be done to save the sport for "boxism" syndrome

Silva really fucked himself with that performance... GSP was obviously at the venue so after Anderson won in devastating fashion, Dana would bring him in for a staredown and his big payday would be on for all money. Instead he fucked himself over some "insult" which only existed in his own head. Idiot.

watch his next fight be on a free card on spike :thumbup:

I wouldn't be surprised to tell you the truth. A little spite from Dana at this point would be awesome.

A Silva fight in the preliminary and they will just show the highlights in the PPV , Silva without medication or the entire match, Silva is on medication