Goodfellas Present: BMM Competition

Fighters who leave the gyms will be kicked out of the tournament. The GOODFELLAS will have guards posted. IF someone gets by the guards we will have lookouts on street corners. Don't even try it.

as far as coaches go, they're expensive when you get into elite territory and unless the proprietor plans on soldiering on once all/most of the contestants have all departed, we're talking about a significant investment in their signing fees alone, if you want to cover all bases. i've had to fork out 65k up front to get Fight Factory's 8 coaches on board so even chopping that in half equals a decent events' worth of profit. then with 4 top hires you'd have upwards of 15k worth of weekly salaries to worry about...

so i dunno, like most things on this planet, it boils down to budget. maybe you wanna a hire a couple Yella Bastone, 'competent X4" types to help fighters bring up their woeful secondaries and encourage everyone to build more well rounded warriors, instead of one trick ponies. bottom line is, someone at SFO head office needs to get the training situation figured out fast if this train doesn't want to start losing it's steam.

as far as coaches go, they're expensive when you get into elite territory and unless the proprietor plans on soldiering on once all/most of the contestants have all departed, we're talking about a significant investment in their signing fees alone, if you want to cover all bases. i've had to fork out 65k up front to get Fight Factory's 8 coaches on board so even chopping that in half equals a decent events' worth of profit. then with 4 top hires you'd have upwards of 15k worth of weekly salaries to worry about...

so i dunno, like most things on this planet, it boils down to budget. maybe you wanna a hire a couple Yella Bastone, 'competent X4" types to help fighters bring up their woeful secondaries and encourage everyone to build more well rounded warriors, instead of one trick ponies. bottom line is, someone at SFO head office needs to get the training situation figured out fast if this train doesn't want to start losing it's steam.

Don't worry about coaches weekly salaries, it will be taken care of! The SFO is printing virtual money as we speak.

RE creation date, be patient. Remi will let us know when it is. If this tournament is causing YOU to lose steam :wheelchair: , feel free to drop out as we have 4 reserves who would LOVE to take your place!

While I appreciate the mention of DCC's own Yella, the reason I didn't bring him up originally is that if the two owners wish to continue the gyms following the BMM competition, that type of coach just doesn't make much sense for the vast majority of gyms. He's useful/needed in DCC because of the type of gym it is (essentially a much improved gym for new fighters/managers than the default Cozad) but in any gym trying to be elite or even mid-tier, a four skilled coach just doesn't make much sense. For the same reason, I stuck with recommending just elite coaches, as most people don't seem to have any interest anything but elite coaches. Hiring one type of coach and then having to sack him to upgrade really drains on a gym. That's why two double skilled coaches would make some sense, as no matter the future plans, there probably would always be a way to use them. If the gym owners were planning on going for an approach to mid-tier gyms, I suppose some other skill level besides elite would also work. Don't want to see anyone run into in game financial trouble because they are trying to provide the gyms for this tournament.

While I appreciate the mention of DCC's own Yella, the reason I didn't bring him up originally is that if the two owners wish to continue the gyms following the BMM competition, that type of coach just doesn't make much sense for the vast majority of gyms. He's useful/needed in DCC because of the type of gym it is (essentially a much improved gym for new fighters/managers than the default Cozad) but in any gym trying to be elite or even mid-tier, a four skilled coach just doesn't make much sense. For the same reason, I stuck with recommending just elite coaches, as most people don't seem to have any interest anything but elite coaches. Hiring one type of coach and then having to sack him to upgrade really drains on a gym. That's why two double skilled coaches would make some sense, as no matter the future plans, there probably would always be a way to use them. If the gym owners were planning on going for an approach to mid-tier gyms, I suppose some other skill level besides elite would also work. Don't want to see anyone run into in game financial trouble because they are trying to provide the gyms for this tournament.

I have to agree since I will be one of the owners of the gym. Probably a no gym coach approach is called for? I mean, the fighters can spar with each other and the coaches (Dudley and Remi) can provide some advice as Mr Terror said. I know the Steve is willing to pay for it but it may not be in the SFO's or even the BMM's best interest if that happens. We don't need quality coaches just good advice and sparring partners (fellow fighters). Or if you really want to have coaches, then a fitness coach and maybe nothing else. These are new fighters, they don't need excellent coaches right off the bat.

The gym fees will be 600 per fighter. The SFO will provide a contract that allows the fighters to pay that amount. Remi has the calculations....REMI where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?

Im Back! Sorry I was away for the weekend there. So to me it looks like the creation Date will probably be this Sunday Assuming we can get the gyms thing sorted. Im still trying to finalize that. If anyone has an issue with the creation date PM me asap

Date will probably be this Sunday . If anyone has an issue with the creation date PM me asap.

Remi, Sunday of what exact date? Next week? Because some of the managers here lived in Phil. We have a 12 hour Difference from Montreal, Canada.

Remi, Sunday of what exact date? Next week? Because some of the managers here lived in Phil. We have a 12 hour Difference from Montreal, Canada.

My suggestion would be to go with any time after the Saturday PM training session, that way everyone can be certain that no one has received any extra training. Whether that is actually Sunday, or Saturday, or even Monday, where anyone lives won't really matter. And I'm guessing he means Sunday, May 16.

Then next issue will be getting everyone into the gyms without having anyone else join. Although if the gyms have $600 fees and no coaches at the start, it's highly unlikely anyone else would choose to join. :)

How long does it take to hire coaches and get them training? Is it instantaneous? The gyms should be ready before the creation date. We also have to make sure that no one from outside the tournament jumps into the gyms. Guys will have to join one at a time.

How long does it take to hire coaches and get them training? Is it instantaneous? The gyms should be ready before the creation date. We also have to make sure that no one from outside the tournament jumps into the gyms. Guys will have to join one at a time.

Coaches can be hired the minute a gym is created. They are part of the gym instantly, but need to have their schedule set before they show up on the public page. Creating the gyms should probably either happen prior to Wednesday or on Friday or Saturday, otherwise the gym fees will be frozen at $50 initially, as they are for all gyms on Wednesday & Thursday (UK). If the gym fee is $600 and there are no coaches, along with a clear indication that no coaches are coming, I can't see too many people joining the gym besides those participating. But to be absolutely certain, you are correct that the gym owners will need to set the cap at 0 and then arrange with each manager to get their fighter into the gym by raising the cap at an appointed time and having the fighter join.

We may also have to do this a second time, as the fighters will likely need to join a gym before teams are picked and may have to switch gyms after sides are drawn up.

My suggestion would be to go with any time after the Saturday PM training session, that way everyone can be certain that no one has received any extra training. Whether that is actually Sunday, or Saturday, or even Monday, where anyone lives won't really matter. And I'm guessing he means Sunday, May 16.

Yes I meant May 16th but your suggestion makes the most sense

My suggestion would be to go with any time after the Saturday PM training session

That would be fine. :smile_anim: because it's Sunday 6am in Philippines so no worries.

What does "Invite Only" means in the gym info?

Gym Name : Sample Gym

Gym fees : $600 a week (paid Thursdays).

Current Cleanliness : Pristine

Equipment Condition : Brand new

Invite only : No = ?????

Capacity : ...

Current # of fighters : ...

Current # of coaches : ...

Fighters per coach : ...

Company owner : ...

Sparring Schedule : ...

What does "Invite Only" means in the gym info?

At this point - nothing.

If you read the wiki pages on gyms, the idea was that there would be an option for gyms to be invite only, meaning you'd have to be invited to get into the gym. But it isn't a feature that has actually been implemented. It would have been perfect for what we are doing here though.

A few changes in BMM.

The fight announcements will be on the Monday and the Fight happens the following sunday and we alternate weight classes.So this is how it would go.

We have 2 weeks of training before the first fight.

8 weeks of prelim fights

1 week of training

1 week all 4 semifinals

1 week of training

1 week both finals

So all together it is 14 weeks long.

If this tournament is causing YOU to lose steam :wheelchair: , feel free to drop out as we have 4 reserves who would LOVE to take your place!

Shirley, you jest- i make the Energizer bunny look like a coach potato!

only referring to the initiative's momentum, as they are never fueled by delay & stall.