Goodfellas Present: BMM Competition

Can you guys notify the fighter creation date and age via mail as well as this thread?

And as far as Ethan Downs joining the reserve list--his fighter Fred Hanks killed Murder Face, beat the shit out of Sir Justin, and now Razor Face, angrier than ever, wants a crack at Hanks.

Someone make this happen.

A few changes in BMM.

The fight announcements will be on the Monday and the Fight happens the following sunday and we alternate weight classes.So this is how it would go.

We have 2 weeks of training before the first fight.

8 weeks of prelim fights

1 week of training

1 week all 4 semifinals

1 week of training

1 week both finals

So all together it is 14 weeks long.

should be like 2 or 3 weeks training before the finals

A few changes in BMM.

The fight announcements will be on the Monday and the Fight happens the following sunday and we alternate weight classes.So this is how it would go.

We have 2 weeks of training before the first fight.

8 weeks of prelim fights

1 week of training

1 week all 4 semifinals

1 week of training

1 week both finals

So all together it is 14 weeks long.

This is primarily to help me get the schedule straight, but I'm trying to understand how there are 8 weeks of preliminary fights with only 8 guys in each weight class. If it is a single elimination tournament, that is only two rounds for each weight class before we reach the semi-finals, which wouldn't take 8 weeks if there are fights each week, it would only take 2. With 8 fighters in a single elimination format, the second set of fights is the semi-finals.

So I'm guessing there is some type of round robin going on. Is each fighter going to have one fight against each of the fighters from the opposing team? And then the best two records on each team go into the semi-finals? That works out numbers-wise, as each fighter would then be guaranteed 4 fights.

As I said, just trying to figure out the format. Thanks.

This is primarily to help me get the schedule straight, but I'm trying to understand how there are 8 weeks of preliminary fights with only 8 guys in each weight class. If it is a single elimination tournament, that is only two rounds for each weight class before we reach the semi-finals, which wouldn't take 8 weeks if there are fights each week, it would only take 2. With 8 fighters in a single elimination format, the second set of fights is the semi-finals.

So I'm guessing there is some type of round robin going on. Is each fighter going to have one fight against each of the fighters from the opposing team? And then the best two records on each team go into the semi-finals? That works out numbers-wise, as each fighter would then be guaranteed 4 fights.

As I said, just trying to figure out the format. Thanks.

It is single elimination. There are 8 fighters per weight class, 2 weight classes, 16 fighters total. So thats 8 fights prelim fights. One week there is a fight at 145 the next week there is a fight at 265+

It is single elimination. There are 8 fighters per weight class, 2 weight classes, 16 fighters total. So thats 8 fights prelim fights. One week there is a fight at 145 the next week there is a fight at 265+

Okay, so there is only one fight each week during the preliminary rounds. That makes sense then. I was thinking that each of the preliminary fights for a weight class would be at the same time. Definitely going to be interesting to interesting to see how the lobbying goes with the coaches then - do I want my fighter to fight early before anyone gets much training and have a longer time to recover and train for the semis if I win, or go later so that I can train up for that first fight even though I will then have less time to recover/train for the semis.

Based on Remi's posts, I put together the following calendar, as it is easier for me to keep track of the time frames this way:

BMM Calendar

He's looked it over and said this is what he was planning. As you can see, there really are two weeks of training before both the semifinals and finals, as there is the week after the fight on Sunday and then the entire next week. Figured it might help others, so here it is.

Just a quick question. How do you pick the FIRST fight? I know the winning team of the previous fight gets to pick their own fighter and his opponent, but what about the first one?

Dudley is picking the first Fighter, I get to pick the first Fight

So do you alternate in picking the fights? or does the winning team of the previous fight pick the fights?

In any case, could you not pick me first? :sad01_anim:

Just for fun everyone, this is not the final product.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3141/bmmrough.jpg

Goodfella, MR SHANGO is working on the BMM graphics!

Question:

How many fights will the fighter can get in preliminary? And what will be his condition if he took a lot of damage after the fight(14-16days injury, 14-16days cut). The opposing coach can pick him again if he lose the fight or he will be out for the tournament?

Question:

How many fights will the fighter can get in preliminary? And what will be his condition if he took a lot of damage after the fight(14-16days injury, 14-16days cut). The opposing coach can pick him again if he lose the fight or he will be out for the tournament?

The format will be like in the show. Everyone fights once the winners move on. If the winner gets is in really bad shape, ie 21 day cut, a reserve fighter might take his place. It will be up to the discretion of the fighters manager and the coach.

As for who fights when, I get to pick the first fight and the winner of that fight gets to pick the next fight. So as it stands Dudley will never get to pick a fight and I will pick whichever fight will get me the W.

Ah, i got it! but wait, on May 16 the reserve fighter/manager can also create their fighter? and they will join also to the same gym where all the regular fighter/manager takes their training? They need to train also? How about if the fighter recovers from injury, and the reserve fighter has a winning streak. Do the regular fighter can now replace the reserve fighter? How about that?

What will happen to the winning streak of the reserve fighter? It will counted to the regular fighter?

Ah, i got it! but wait, on May 16 the reserve fighter/manager can also create their fighter? and they will join also to the same gym where all the regular fighter/manager takes their training? They need to train also? How about if the fighter recovers from injury, and the reserve fighter has a winning streak. Do the regular fighter can now replace the reserve fighter? How about that?

What will happen to the winning streak of the reserve fighter? It will counted to the regular fighter?

Yup the reserve fighters are created on the same day and train just like everyone else. If a fighter withdraws because of an injury they are out of the competition and the reserve fighter takes their spot.

I would assume that if a reserve fighter has to step in for someone, that person is then out of the competition. Perhaps if the first guy recovers from an injury and a replacement is needed that could come up, but that could only happen for the finals. A reserve can't step in until the semi finals, as there is no way a fighter could be injured and miss their first fight. Most likely the reserves will only get an opportunity if someone is kicked out of the competition for breaking the rules. Given the time spans involved, it is highly unlikely that an injury will keep any one out of a fight.

The Terror Factory Laboratory is already in the process of genetically modifying an elite fighting embryo to be implanted on the 16th---