The stupidest sport in the world

MMATycoon

Love playing soccer. Watching it makes me want AIDS.

Grew up on all of the American sports but love soccer. 45-50 minutes or so of near continuous action, get a beer/take a piss/whatever for 15 minutes, then do it again. Baseball/Football/even Basketball there are just so many stoppages I think it takes away from the viewing experience. Plus, none of those sports have the drama of soccer. A goal or even a good opportunity has you on the edge of your seat. So much of that "blink and you may miss it" aspect right from the start. Kobe goes down and hits the shot of the century and it's just 2-0/wake me up for the last couple minutes.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grew up on all of the American sports but love soccer. 45-50 minutes or so of near continuous action, get a beer/take a piss/whatever for 15 minutes, then do it again. Baseball/Football/even Basketball there are just so many stoppages I think it takes away from the viewing experience. Plus, none of those sports have the drama of soccer. A goal or even a good opportunity has you on the edge of your seat. So much of that "blink and you may miss it" aspect right from the start. Kobe goes down and hits the shot of the century and it's just 2-0/wake me up for the last couple minutes.

Meh, at least basketball is faster than soccer. But you could say the same thing about soccer: wake me up for the last couple minutes. But basketball isn't much better. Soccer makes me want AIDS. Basketball makes me want the flu. There, in those last 2 sentences, I succinctly and concisely explained the difference between soccer and basketball. AIDS vs flu.

Um, that is baseball big guy.

Baseball is no longer the american past time big guy, join the new millennium. Maybe you live in omaha or something, but in the rest of the US there are commonly more basketball courts than baseball fields. You can even put up a cheap hoop in your driveway if there isn't one nearby. Chances are there is one nearby though, so in that case $5-$10 buys you a ball and you are off to the races. That is all you will ever need to play the game at the highest level. You don't need to upgrade from shoes to cleats, replace your stick with a bat, etc.

It used to be the american past time, but that was before pavement became more abundant than grass where it matters, and teams stopped recruiting baseball prospects from densely populated cities.

this is defiantly lacrosse. i would like to see someone try to defend this sport from being called the biggest pussy sport there is. Soccer is pretty bad, but lacrosse gets its own level. When you have to hit another player with a 4 foot long stick or throw a ball at him cuz ur to pussy to hit him with ur face then ur a bitch. The contact in lacrosse cant even be compared to Football(American) or even Hockey and after the games u come out with scratches and welts from being hit with a stick. I cant watch most sports just because i have been spoiled by the nature of Football. I just love the game and its my life. IMO the best team sport there is. When your team has one week link it will be found in film and exploited like there is no tomorrow. It requires all 11 men on each side of the ball to fight there ass off for the team and each man has his own responsibilities that have to be completed for the team to win the play. If you look at other sports, kobe bryant doesnt need anyone else on his team to score 80 points and win the game. he wont win a championship, but he can still win games. But in football if Adrian Peterson doesnt have an Oline to block, he gets no where. I personally think football is the ultimate team sport and it also has a helluva lot of action compared to soccer or baseball. I cant stand playing baseball because of the ridiculous farmers tan that you get from sitting in the sun 3 hours, and soccer is just to boring for me to enjoy. I dont consider Golf/bowling/Track sports because i would call these activities. they are things u can do on your own just to have fun, go running, hit a ball, etc..but i think a sport needs to have a team. or just be a team sport i guess.i dont like solo activities, but i would consider Lacrosse the most terrible sport ive seen or watched. If it had been an american game i would have been embarrassed to be american :/

Did a Soccer supporter really criticize basketball about people crying for fouls?

Goodness, that's all professional soccer has become.. guys diving to the ground when they weren't even touched and whining for a penalty kick. Sometimes faking like they are in ridiculious agony. (that alone makes rugby a superior sport, we just step on you, or let you lay there to a break in play). The last World Cup turned thousands of american soccer youths into pansies who think that when someone bumps you, you are supposed to fall down and roll around.

--- I'm sure this world cup will re-enforce that

Toss up between cricket & soccer.

Honestly the only reason soccer is so big worldwide because it is the poorest sport in the world. All you need is something round, a foot or even a stump and bingo.

Cricket too...its baseball/golf that hasn't evolved.

Dd not include curling because anyone who considers that a sport needs their testicles ripped off and sent to live in france.

How anyone can attempt to call lacrosse a pussy sport is reprehensible. It's easily one of the toughest sports on the planet. It's LEGAL to bash an opponent with a stick. That's the opposite of pussy. There is a brutal amount of body contact and fights regularly break out. Of all the sports I've been exposed to, it takes the toughest SOB to be a lacrosse player.

Meh, at least basketball is faster than soccer. But you could say the same thing about soccer: wake me up for the last couple minutes. But basketball isn't much better. Soccer makes me want AIDS. Basketball makes me want the flu. There, in those last 2 sentences, I succinctly and concisely explained the difference between soccer and basketball. AIDS vs flu.

my favorite two sports D:

Soccer is boring to me. I love hockey though. To me hockey is more what soccer should be like. In soccer you are lucky to have more than 3 scoring chances in a half. In hockey you get at least a shot every minute of the game.

Soccer just is too slow for me to get into. I need more action!

^totally agree.

I played lacrosse from middle school through college and I can say that 1.) it is brutal 2.) people get hurt, a lot 3.) it's a very fast game and very technical 4.) there is more contact than just "sticks" and I have no idea what the hell you are talking about when you say they "throw balls at people because they are pussies"; from my experience alone I can count only two times when I've seen a teammate actually do this 5.) there is a lot of body contact and you don't have to have the ball to get hit, just to be somewhat in the play leaves you vulnerable to getting decked blind-sided and not with a stick but with the body of a 225 lb defense-men running full speed.

• 2 weeks later...

They are trying to add Tetris to the Olympics. If that does happen, it will then be considered a sport.

That would make THE most stupidest sports in the world ;)

• 2 months later...
sorta loving the fact not one person has yet to mention Aussies rules. Guess it must be a pretty awesome sport.

Yes. Yes it is.

A real mans sport where everyone runs around in short shorts and no one really knows the rules except the umpires. I LOVE IT!

Baseball is no longer the american past time big guy, join the new millennium. Maybe you live in omaha or something, but in the rest of the US there are commonly more basketball courts than baseball fields. You can even put up a cheap hoop in your driveway if there isn't one nearby. Chances are there is one nearby though, so in that case $5-$10 buys you a ball and you are off to the races. That is all you will ever need to play the game at the highest level. You don't need to upgrade from shoes to cleats, replace your stick with a bat, etc.

It used to be the american past time, but that was before pavement became more abundant than grass where it matters, and teams stopped recruiting baseball prospects from densely populated cities.

Agree that baseball is no longer America's past time, but in no way is basketball America's past time. I think football (and i mean reall football not gay soccer). Look at how big football has become with the super bowl, the stars, fantasy football, and everything else. Basketball and Soccer are womens sports. College BB is ok but the NBA is full of whiny babies.

As for soccer, i think daniel tosh explains it best.

Soccer is Stupid

i played lacrosse middle school through club level in college-- not a pussy sport, and some1 thinking it's a pussy sport has obviously never played

i'd have to go with the NBA on this one. it's all about the all-star and the spectacle/advertising. shotclock forces the star to make the play and thus build himself further as said star.

Yes. Yes it is.

A real mans sport where everyone runs around in short shorts and no one really knows the rules except the umpires. I LOVE IT!

I very much abhor AFL. Terrible sport. In Australia, Rugby League is where it's at.