The stupidest sport in the world

MMATycoon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before making up minds on obscure sports can I put forward cheese rolling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper's_...olling_and_Wake

haha, i was actually gonna make a thread a couple days ago asking if anyone here has ever been to one of those. i've seen youtube vids of people getting jacked up doing that. there's also that one where they slide a huge wooden log down a hill and everyone tries to stay on it, lots of those people get hurt too. idiots.

That's a hard question. There are so many stupid sports. I dislike the sports that involve boats and horses. Dressing... Really? This is not 1800 anymore, horses are good for one thing: meat.

As I read it, the union/league debate is rather a south/north debate. I prefer the swooping action of Union but I have watched League matches in a pinch.

I'm not a big fan of baseball, it comes across as rather simple form of cricket but then I didn't like American football for a long time until I understood the game better.

One sport (lite) game that I have understood watching at least is snooker and pool. Why, its just little balls going into little holes and wile that is great for innuendo when you are 14, as a sport it does nothing for me.

As a person who isn't really a fan of Fat Mans Football (Rugby to others) , i have to say, League is by far the more exciting of the two.

I just cannot understand the constant kicking the ball out of touch in Union, when a player receives it, you have like a 95 percent chance that he will just punt the fucker up the field and out of touch. It just looks like it takes zero skill whatsoever.

League is better with the 1st tackle, 2nd tackle etc, as you dont really see the random punting. But the whole sport of Rugby just seems very second class to other sports like Football.

I agree on Baseball, it makes me snore, but i like Cricket, go figure.

Big fan of Hockey, but not so much on the Basketball. NFL, is ok, but it stops and starts too much. I love Snooker too, although Snooker makes the professional game of Pool look like the novice league.

By the way, a big V sign to all the people who said Curling, i was absolutely mesmorized by the Curling at the Winter Olympics, for some reason. I enjoyed it.

Oh and womens beach volleyball is excellent

Darts has to be up there with the worst. I was sitting in a pub recently and there was a group of guys standing round the big screen watching some sort of darts league match. Big fat men watching big fat men like they were their idols, properly celebrating like idiots when someone won a leg?!

They have actually went to the extent of every player having a nickname, not even good nicknames either! They have almost tried to make it look like a combat sport the whole way with the two guys being shown face to face, then they enter the arena or pub to some music they have chosen as their entrance theme, everyone gets so hyped up only to watch heavy needles being thrown at a board, wtf! PURE BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darts has to be up there with the worst. I was sitting in a pub recently and there was a group of guys standing round the big screen watching some sort of darts league match. Big fat men watching big fat men like they were their idols, properly celebrating like idiots when someone won a leg?!

They have actually went to the extent of every player having a nickname, not even good nicknames either! They have almost tried to make it look like a combat sport the whole way with the two guys being shown face to face, then they enter the arena or pub to some music they have chosen as their entrance theme, everyone gets so hyped up only to watch heavy needles being thrown at a board, wtf! PURE BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The darts thing is actually pretty funny to hear a bunch of drunken brits celebrate and sing like if they're at a proper football match.

Curling? Eh not sure but I don't mind it. The race walking thing is just pointless. Instead of a normal marathon you have people walking and moving their hips in a certain way or they'll be penalized like what the other guy on this thread said.

As for stupid but funny..

Wife Carrying: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_Carrying

Cheese Rolling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_rolling

Extreme Ironing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Ironing

The darts thing is actually pretty funny to hear a bunch of drunken brits celebrate and sing like if they're at a proper football match.

I also recall a few years back being in bed and waking up to my flat mates very loud celebrations, as I lay trying to get back to sleep he would cheer and shout every so often. Eventually I got up to see what was going on and there he was sitting surrounded by beer cans watching what I believe to be dodgeball!

I nearly laughed myself to death when I read "Lacrosse is a pussy sport". That deserves least intelligent post of the year award.

Basketball would have that title if it wasn't for steve nash.

Lay-ups, no skill.

Drive the lane, no skill.

Pass, no skill.

They act like football players, very poorly.

the tiniest slap of someones wrist will get you a foul.

Lay-ups, no skill.

Drive the lane, no skill.

Pass, no skill.

They act like football players, very poorly.

the tiniest slap of someones wrist will get you a foul.

What does that even mean? Drive the lane, no skill? Pass, no skill?

Tiniest slap on the wrist in 100m sprint will get you disqualified. Does that make it a pussy sport? It remind me of the MMA retards who start booing when the fight goes to the ground.

Soccer or futbol is as gay as it gets. You play for 90 minutes and many times the team that scores the most goals isn't even the superior team they just got lucky because it's so difficult to score in top level soccer. The play is full of men diving to the ground and crying for penalties. Soccer is fun to watch for little kids, but thats about it.

Rugby Union however, is the 2nd most popular sport in the world and IMO the best team sport there is. It combines just about every attribute it takes to be a man. From intense 80 minute continues play, to raw physicality in the scrum, tackling, rucking, mauling.. to the finesse and speed of ball movement through the lines. It also uses kicking and the ability to run the ball equally well. Whether your a monstrous power athlete a mid size linebacker or a fleet footed runner their is a role for you on the field.

- rugby is also a "self-governing game". Meaning with 1 ref, it you dance around like an American Football asshole after a nice play, or if you play dirty and step on someone'e head- you probably won't finish the game in one piece. - (and don't expect your team mates to help you... as they probably respect the game too much)

and yes, I'm American- played football, baseball, soccer, wrestled D1 in college.----- before I played rugby for the past 20 years in 9 different countries.

Soccer or futbol is as gay as it gets. You play for 90 minutes and many times the team that scores the most goals isn't even the superior team they just got lucky because it's so difficult to score in top level soccer. The play is full of men diving to the ground and crying for penalties. Soccer is fun to watch for little kids, but thats about it.

Rugby Union however, is the 2nd most popular sport in the world and IMO the best team sport there is. It combines just about every attribute it takes to be a man. From intense 80 minute continues play, to raw physicality in the scrum, tackling, rucking, mauling.. to the finesse and speed of ball movement through the lines. It also uses kicking and the ability to run the ball equally well. Whether your a monstrous power athlete a mid size linebacker or a fleet footed runner their is a role for you on the field.

- rugby is also a "self-governing game". Meaning with 1 ref, it you dance around like an American Football asshole after a nice play, or if you play dirty and step on someone'e head- you probably won't finish the game in one piece. - (and don't expect your team mates to help you... as they probably respect the game too much)

and yes, I'm American- played football, baseball, soccer, wrestled D1 in college.----- before I played rugby for the past 20 years in 9 different countries.

I'll say it again, anyone who thinks that has never seen the English premier League which is fast and full of goals. Yes we have some foreign gays who roll around a lot when they get tapped on the leg but believe me the crowds here are vociferous and don't treat players like the well, they get booed and abused if they are divers. In this country we like players who tackle hard and a fast paced game.

I hate watching 'soccer' from any other country as it's slow, negative and boring. It's all about cultures, here it is cold and we play fast and hard, we invented Rugby remember so you should remember to judge a sport in its country or origin and if you take the time to watch English football in England you'll see a difference.