IP restrictions not fair.

I find it amazing how many people have numerous friends that play this game...

I have a few friends, and a few of them actually enjoy getting together for big UFC PPV events.

Of those few that actually get together for big UFC PPV events, 2 of them are what I consider hardcore MMA fans.

Of those 2 hardcore fans, 1 is also a big enough computer geek that I thought he'd be interested in this game.

And the hardcore MMA fan that is a computer geek didn't even want to play this game.

Where are these large clusters of computer-nerd, hardcore MMA fans coming from?

u may not have wanted it to sound this way, but really? just cuz it's not happening to u means it's impossible? c'mon man...

i also, have no friends that play. most of my friends don't even own a computer. they all fish and hunt and i don't. i got 1 friend that gets ufc ppv's and a bunch of friends that go to bars to watch (sumthin i dont do) but really, i dont know many mma/ufc fans. i wish i could get friends to play this game...that would be fun as hell, but just cuz i can't...doesn't mean others can't.

I have an idea. Let me know what you guys think of it. Why don't all the vip users and non-vip users, start a petition to have the ip restriction remove, so that friends and families can join which ever org they like. If the majority vote for a change, then mike should honor the majority vote and remove whatever settings he put in to prevent friends and families to play in the same org. If the majority vote for keeping the change, then it should remain as it is. Either way, I will support the cause and lets see if the changes affect more than 50% of the people who pay and play this game. I have nothing against mike. I actually like some of the changes made to this game, except for the one that doesn't allows friends or families to be in the same org, whether they used the same ip address or not. People should have a choice(the ones who pay for vip) to enjoy the game. Mike helped me in the past, so I can't really complain, I can just voice my opinion. So people, now is the time to voice your opinion and let your voice be heard or forever be silent.

u may not have wanted it to sound this way, but really? just cuz it's not happening to u means it's impossible? c'mon man...

i also, have no friends that play. most of my friends don't even own a computer. they all fish and hunt and i don't. i got 1 friend that gets ufc ppv's and a bunch of friends that go to bars to watch (sumthin i dont do) but really, i dont know many mma/ufc fans. i wish i could get friends to play this game...that would be fun as hell, but just cuz i can't...doesn't mean others can't.

Yeah, I know how it came across, but that's just because I'm the one who spoke up. My post, and example, were the result of a chat conversation on this topic last night.

This thread was a hot topic in chat last night, and, amazingly, other than a few people who know ONE person who plays this game (and might occasionally share an IP), most users, at least during the discussion in chat, are like you and me - have NO friends who play this game.

This isn't a situation where "just cause its not happening to me means its impossible" - this is a situation where its not happening for the majority of us, and its almost mathematically impossible for there to be as many groups of friends as I see people complaining about this.

Yeah, I know how it came across, but that's just because I'm the one who spoke up. My post, and example, were the result of a chat conversation on this topic last night.

This thread was a hot topic in chat last night, and, amazingly, other than a few people who know ONE person who plays this game (and might occasionally share an IP), most users, at least during the discussion in chat, are like you and me - have NO friends who play this game.

This isn't a situation where "just cause its not happening to me means its impossible" - this is a situation where its not happening for the majority of us, and its almost mathematically impossible for there to be as many groups of friends as I see people complaining about this.

well, you're speaking of the majority "that goes to chat". there's still quite a bit of folks that don't.

the "post-miketycoon posts" folks are the curious to me. had they said what they said BEFORE he posted, it wouldn't look as suspicious but he comes out and says "here's the deal, it's cool...blah, blah" and all the sudden a bunch of posts come up sayin' "i do the same thing". that seems a bit odd. but the folks that spoke up on this BEFORE miketycoon posted are either NOT guilty of cheating or incredibly stupid. could go either way with this crowd.

I understand why this was done.

Maybe eventually he can install a process where people can fax in an ID or something so that if there were two brothers in the same house, or a couple of people playing from work, one of those condo's that gives free internet etc... they could play together or something- and get exceptions on a per ID basis?

PS- I think this would be a really hard game to play if you didn't have your own internet access. I know I have to check to make sure I'm taking the correct supplements, accept fights,etc.. almost every other day. To have to borrow someone's internet would be tough.

I agree with you 100% I have friends who play this game and for some reason they can't be apart of my org which is bull s**t. If dana white was to do some shit like this, a lot of people would stop buying ufc game. I just had one of my other friend Brown Snatch and BIGMAN Doitall to get into this game, but after their contracts is up, they can't fight for me. Mike is already ruining the game and I may not be playing it for much longer if this crap continue. The real computer geeks are doing shit and not saying nothing, but the ones who are trying to play the game and have fun with their friends are getting bullied by admin. If i don't see a change in a month or two. I will put my org up for sale and tell my friends to stop playing So mike fix this crap and stop ruining the game for people like me. Thats all for now.

mike isnt ruining anything he is trying to stop guys having multi accnts on the same ip. most people would think he is trying to do the right thing . then you come in and threaten to leave and demand he fix it? if i were him id tell you to take your ass on down the road imo the way your crying and demanding shit makes you sound like a multi. i have friends who play here as well and im at there place during 9 out of 10 mma events and hardly ever log on from there. i say adapt to his rule or leave im sure no one will miss you

I find it amazing how many people have numerous friends that play this game...

I have a few friends, and a few of them actually enjoy getting together for big UFC PPV events.

Of those few that actually get together for big UFC PPV events, 2 of them are what I consider hardcore MMA fans.

Of those 2 hardcore fans, 1 is also a big enough computer geek that I thought he'd be interested in this game.

And the hardcore MMA fan that is a computer geek didn't even want to play this game.

Where are these large clusters of computer-nerd, hardcore MMA fans coming from?

I've already got a few friends to at least try it out. Not all of them have "stuck".. but I'm working on getting my entire gym playing :P Anytime someone says something about reading MMA news online, or playing the UFC game I break into the ole' Dog and Pony act :P I'm kinda surprised you have that much trouble getting people to try it out.

And come on, its almost mathematically impossible? Just cuz the guys in chat don't do it? lol. Maybe if they went out and socialized more than just sitting in chat they would up the mathematical probability?

These new rules will present an issue in my house. I have an account, obviously, and so does my wife. We both login to our accounts from our laptops that we run on a wireless router throughout the house. That being said it's not completely unheard of for her to use my laptop, or vice versa if the other persons comp is opened up and on. So I would say we have checked out our accounts on each others comps numerous times. I let Mike know about these accounts when we set them up, and he said all was good as long as no "special treatment" occured. Her fighters were signed with my org when I owned ProudFC, and she now has a couple signed with the org I work for SPFC. I guess the only issue I have was mentioned earlier, she has one fighter at 205 that appears to be on his way to becoming a beast and possibly winning the belt in that division, IMO, so now if that happens I can't offer that fighter a new contract(I tried the other day and I got the friends/family message) which doesn't seem right to me. I mean will I quit the game and go back to having a more active normal life? Probably not, but that being said it will suck as I have never treated her fighters any different from any other guy and they have to fight guys that are in their best competition range. Add to that I hardly do any matchmaking in my new role, and there is no real way any "special treatment" could occur. I guess at the end of the day if she has to sign her fighters with other promotions so be it, but it has been fun having her be apart of my companies, and will suck if someone else gets her fighters with good hype to help out their orgs and not mine.

well, you're speaking of the majority "that goes to chat". there's still quite a bit of folks that don't.

the "post-miketycoon posts" folks are the curious to me. had they said what they said BEFORE he posted, it wouldn't look as suspicious but he comes out and says "here's the deal, it's cool...blah, blah" and all the sudden a bunch of posts come up sayin' "i do the same thing". that seems a bit odd. but the folks that spoke up on this BEFORE miketycoon posted are either NOT guilty of cheating or incredibly stupid. could go either way with this crowd.

These new rules will present an issue in my house. I have an account, obviously, and so does my wife. We both login to our accounts from our laptops that we run on a wireless router throughout the house. That being said it's not completely unheard of for her to use my laptop, or vice versa if the other persons comp is opened up and on. So I would say we have checked out our accounts on each others comps numerous times. I let Mike know about these accounts when we set them up, and he said all was good as long as no "special treatment" occured. Her fighters were signed with my org when I owned ProudFC, and she now has a couple signed with the org I work for SPFC. I guess the only issue I have was mentioned earlier, she has one fighter at 205 that appears to be on his way to becoming a beast and possibly winning the belt in that division, IMO, so now if that happens I can't offer that fighter a new contract(I tried the other day and I got the friends/family message) which doesn't seem right to me. I mean will I quit the game and go back to having a more active normal life? Probably not, but that being said it will suck as I have never treated her fighters any different from any other guy and they have to fight guys that are in their best competition range. Add to that I hardly do any matchmaking in my new role, and there is no real way any "special treatment" could occur. I guess at the end of the day if she has to sign her fighters with other promotions so be it, but it has been fun having her be apart of my companies, and will suck if someone else gets her fighters with good hype to help out their orgs and not mine.

I'm not going on a witch hunt and saying all these people are multis - its probably likely that none of them are. To the contrary, I think the few (and I truly believe it to be few) people that this affects should, unfortunately, accept it for the greater good of the game. Its one thing if CGrace and his wife are having trouble (and from the rumors I have heard, this rule has been in place for quite some time - initially at 1 match/2 users when it first went into effect so you should verify that this is still an issue for you) as we have to account for that, but for the people complaining about the "once in awhile" log-in I would think we'd ask of them to inconvenience themselves for that rare moment for the betterment of the game.

I've already got a few friends to at least try it out. Not all of them have "stuck".. but I'm working on getting my entire gym playing :P Anytime someone says something about reading MMA news online, or playing the UFC game I break into the ole' Dog and Pony act :P I'm kinda surprised you have that much trouble getting people to try it out.

And come on, its almost mathematically impossible? Just cuz the guys in chat don't do it? lol. Maybe if they went out and socialized more than just sitting in chat they would up the mathematical probability?

My reason for using the words "mathematically impossible" were based pretty much off my example. How many MMA fans exist in the world? How many of those are hardcore fans? How many of those are the type of computer "fiend" that they would even play a game like this? How many of those actually play this game? And then, of those 10,000 (or however many active users we have), how many of those are close friends that share internet?

I just don't believe it to even be a small minority that is affected by this, much less a majority as the tone of this thread would suggest, and to my point above, can those people "take a dive" for the benefit of all? Its not like Mike is saying "you can't play this game" as I have seen other games treat this situation - he's just saying do separate business.

After reading what people have posted on here> I came up with a good idea. instead of mike blocking certain things to affect all the players in this game. How about letting people join whatever org they want to join, whether owned by friend or family and just start to fined people who are caught using codes of anytype to gain money or anything like that. Like taking a certian % of money from them seems to be a good idea. SO that way, mike is not killing the game with all this restriction stuff. Or, on the other hand, if mike catches someone using codes or cheating. Take away days from their vip account and make it offiacl by posting it up on here so everyone knows. That would be more fair to everyone, than telling someone they can't join their friend or family org is not right at all. So hit me up guys and let me know what you think. one

My reason for using the words "mathematically impossible" were based pretty much off my example. How many MMA fans exist in the world? How many of those are hardcore fans? How many of those are the type of computer "fiend" that they would even play a game like this? How many of those actually play this game? And then, of those 10,000 (or however many active users we have), how many of those are close friends that share internet?

I just don't believe it to even be a small minority that is affected by this, much less a majority as the tone of this thread would suggest, and to my point above, can those people "take a dive" for the benefit of all? Its not like Mike is saying "you can't play this game" as I have seen other games treat this situation - he's just saying do separate business.

Well, that's a tuff one mane, cuz it seems like all those questions you asked are in regards to demographics that are steadily on the incline. MMA is reaching more people every day, and presumably turning just as many long term fans into hardcores as it is bringing in new people. EVERYONE uses a computer right now. Quint Chingo basically started using the interwebz just doing MMA and Football news sites. He happened to stumble onto this game, and is actually responsible for me and some of our other friends even knowing about it. He used to grumble and complain anytime anyone mentioned the net. Now he has fantasy football leagues online and even a Facebook I think, lol.

I agree that peeps can pretty much take one for the team in some aspects. Quint, Mickey, and I all used to check from each others houses depending on where we were at. Obviously we won't be doing that anymore, and it's not really that big of an issue, but I also agree with Brainsmasher that it's pretty lame that I can do anything I want with people I meet online, but have my actions restricted when dealing with people I brought, or people who brought me, into the game. I hope eventually something a bit less opressive can be figured out.

This is over my head, so correct me if I am wrong. I don't have friends, so it is all based on what you say. :( It seems that Mike made the system recognize combination's. So, if my friend logs in at my house then I log in at his that is 2 combinations used up. Same if my wife started liking MMA for once and we used each other's computer. We actually have 3 computers, so that could be as many as 3 combinations in my house if 2 people played. Does that make sense? So, I could easily see one couple breaking the 5 combination limit. Then, if you have a wonky router that forces you to sometimes needs resetting it refreshes your IP allowing for new combinations to be made? At least that is what insight told me back when I had a wonky router.

Like I said, I don't have the issue. I only use my PC and my wife's laptop while I was on vacation. My son uses his PC but lost interest in this game within a couple weeks of playing it. So, no issue there. Just going off what Mike and others have posted. My wife hates MMA, so that was just a hypothetical.

ok PUREEVIL. I don't know if you read much or you just playing dumb. I didn't threaten mike about anything. All I did, like I said. If you read what I post. (I am just voicing my opinion) If you don't know what the word opinion means, I suggest before you say anything about what i post is to either look the meaning up or ask someone what it means. then you will understand what I post. I'll leave it at that. If mike took it the wrong way, which I hope he didn't, then he can always email me or here I don't mind. I also say that I don't have anything against mike and he even helped me out once, so you I don't need to waste time with you.

I'm not going on a witch hunt and saying all these people are multis - its probably likely that none of them are. To the contrary, I think the few (and I truly believe it to be few) people that this affects should, unfortunately, accept it for the greater good of the game. Its one thing if CGrace and his wife are having trouble (and from the rumors I have heard, this rule has been in place for quite some time - initially at 1 match/2 users when it first went into effect so you should verify that this is still an issue for you) as we have to account for that, but for the people complaining about the "once in awhile" log-in I would think we'd ask of them to inconvenience themselves for that rare moment for the betterment of the game.

Yeah Matty I agree something does need to be done to stop the multis, and this seems a step in the right direction. It'll just suck for the guys like myself, and the Mrs. who were doing things normal and not cheating the system in anyway. But like I said if her fighters can't sign with SPFC once their contracts expire I'd be more than happy to lose them to a company like Blitz. At least then she'd be assured to be fighting for a fair org going forward.

This is over my head, so correct me if I am wrong. I don't have friends, so it is all based on what you say. :( It seems that Mike made the system recognize combination's. So, if my friend logs in at my house then I log in at his that is 2 combinations used up.

No, that would have just been one match.

Adapt to Mike's game or quit playing. I stand by that statement and whoever made it. It sucks but that's the way life is. The U.S. Government and the state of Florida hasn't legalized weed yet, I know it should be legal and they shouldn't throw people in jail over it, but it's still illegal. But I'm still living in Florida. There's prolly quite a few real people who are actually gonna be effected by this but life isn't fair. Time to suck it up and get used to it.

I agree that it's REALLY hard to get people to play this game & I know I'm a pretty good salesman. I've tried multiple online forums, different games, different friends, differences crowds of friends, people from Inferno (gym in the Naples, FL area), people from Black Trunks (gym in the Cape Coral, FL area), people from Golds gym lol - it just doesn't work. The game is too slow for the majority of people to get into (not that I mind/care). Not sayin it's impossible, just highly improbable.

We (or at least I) will adapt to the new changes accordingly. There's way to many cheaters out there, it just sucks for the ones who can do that IP thing people talk about. Cuz there's prolly a lot of those out there too. Maybe I'm just a paranoid stoner, but I'm gonna say out of the 10,000 accounts there might be 3000-4000 real users, tops. I'll go ahead and say that the other 4000 are related or living together. I believe it's almost like an unspoken code here. I'm about to have a new brother and Tony's about to have a brother imported in from Thailand who's specifically moving over here to play MMATycoon cuz we showed it to him and he just loves it. God bless america.

ONE thing I am concerned with, is will I be able to wear Convicted clothing sponsors and buy their clothes? If not I'll adapt with the not being able to buy their clothes, but the sponsors thing will kill me. I'll take $1/permanant day sponsors if I got to. My fighters only rock Convicted & Convicted Trap House sponsors. I don't want nothin preventing my from wearing Convicted sponsors.

• Upvote 4

Maybe you need new friends. My friends and i are sports fans and thats what we have in common among other things. We are not drinking buddies, we dont go clubbing, etc. I got into MMA in the mid 90's and got them and my brother on board eventually. All or parts of my little group have went to see 4 UFC in Ohio, 1 Boston, 1 in Philly, 1 in Atlanta, and 1 in NJ. Just because your friends dont share your interests dont mean noone else in the world does.

Maybe you need new friends. My friends and i are sports fans and thats what we have in common among other things. We are not drinking buddies, we dont go clubbing, etc. I got into MMA in the mid 90's and got them and my brother on board eventually. All or parts of my little group have went to see 4 UFC in Ohio, 1 Boston, 1 in Philly, 1 in Atlanta, and 1 in NJ. Just because your friends dont share your interests dont mean noone else in the world does.

People get defensive over what Matt is saying...

Maybe YOU need new friends, because none of my friends play this game and I've got great friends. Don't tell me I need new friends because we don't all interlink on the computer and have a blast together playing internet games lol it's just highly improbable. That's all he's saying. Sure there are exceptions, but the probability is low.

ok PUREEVIL. I don't know if you read much or you just playing dumb. I didn't threaten mike about anything. All I did, like I said. If you read what I post. (I am just voicing my opinion) If you don't know what the word opinion means, I suggest before you say anything about what i post is to either look the meaning up or ask someone what it means. then you will understand what I post. I'll leave it at that. If mike took it the wrong way, which I hope he didn't, then he can always email me or here I don't mind. I also say that I don't have anything against mike and he even helped me out once, so you I don't need to waste time with you.

If i don't see a change in a month or two. I will put my org up for sale and tell my friends to stop playing So mike fix this crap and stop ruining the game for people like me. thats not an opinion its an ultimatum and a bitch move but what ever . sounds like your threatening him to leave and take others with you to me if he doesnt kiss your ass . im sure i understood you just fine .

If i don't see a change in a month or two. I will put my org up for sale and tell my friends to stop playing So mike fix this crap and stop ruining the game for people like me. thats not an opinion its an ultimatum and a bitch move but what ever . sounds like your threatening him to leave and take others with you to me if he doesnt kiss your ass . so im sure i understood you fine maybe your dumb ass needs to read it again

Haha when you poke the temper with a stick this is what you get. Golf clap.

At the same time, I reacted somewhat "brashly" I think that's the word, a loooong time ago when stuff like this was brought up. That was before multi gate though. What it comes down to, is getting over yourself, and just playing the game as the creator intends for it to be played.