A few suggestions

Mentor

Believe me, you will have once you play it for 6 months and will still be a rookie fighter (i mean stats wise and age wise)

The #1 P4P fighter in the game has been fighting since mid-February 2009 and has a record of 31-12. It's taken him less than four months to accumulate a pretty healthy record. Granted, the game may have been tweaked to slow it down since then... not sure. I have plenty to do every day on here between managing 10 fighters, running a company, chatting on the forums, and talking to people in my alliance.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with Mentor about speeding up the aging process of fighters. We may well chop it down to 12 weeks per "year". The other thing is though - If someone goes inactive for 4 months, I want to release all that person's fighters, so the free agent list would become more prominent.

I don't disagree with Mentor about speeding up the aging process of fighters. We may well chop it down to 12 weeks per "year". The other thing is though - If someone goes inactive for 4 months, I want to release all that person's fighters, so the free agent list would become more prominent.

What do you mean by "more prominent"? It seems to me that the FA list would become overpopulated with untested fighters. That seems to be less prominent, unless I'm misinterpreting your rationale.

I think he means mostly that someone with decent or good fighters,well when the manager goes inactive for 4 months his fighters become free agents and maybe with all those wins someone might consider using the free agent feature for once to have a experienced/good fighter off the start instead of where it is now where the fighters on free agents now are pretty much fighters no one wanted :(.

Isn't it kind of unfair for all the 18 year old fighters if you suddenly shorten the ingame year? Currently all the 20 year-olds start with more skill points than the 18 year-olds but that's fine because the 18 year-olds can catch up in 2 years (36 weeks) if they train well. If the year is shorter, the 18 year-olds will have to catch up in just 24 weeks. That 12 week difference is huge and it's going to make the 18 year-olds even worse than they are now.

12 weeks for a year is better, it would still make the player development one of the slowest online as a fighter would have a life time of about 3-5 real life years, in my opinion that is still very steep. I think it should be at least down to 8 weeks, 8 weeks would mean around 1 1/2 years to peak and about 3 years to retirement, i do not think anyone can argue that he did not get his moneys worth. The other problem with how it is now (16 weeks) is that you will have people with some VERY crazy records when they retire (in 5-6 years time) if a fighter is getting a good 2 matches per month (which is an average estimate) he will have a match record of over 100 matches!!! Never heard of anything close to that, with 8 weeks it will be half that which is at least believable.

The inactivity release is a great idea also, if someone is away for 4 months (in game that = 1 whole year!!) then releasing them also makes sense, i think that should also cut down to 2 months (assuming that the development is also cut to 8 weeks) that will be good as many good fighters suck on inactive managers will be allowed to get new managers, this will be really good later on.

A thing i would add here is maybe that some serious injuries being long term, i know this won't be too popular but it does happen in real life so why not here.

Isn't it kind of unfair for all the 18 year old fighters if you suddenly shorten the ingame year? Currently all the 20 year-olds start with more skill points than the 18 year-olds but that's fine because the 18 year-olds can catch up in 2 years (36 weeks) if they train well. If the year is shorter, the 18 year-olds will have to catch up in just 24 weeks. That 12 week difference is huge and it's going to make the 18 year-olds even worse than they are now.

I think you lost the point, the training will also speed up, not only will you age faster you will also develop faster, i am talking about a generally faster game, at least 2 times faster, people do not want to wait 3 years to peak and 6 years to retire (or at least i do not want to wait 3 years for one fighter to peak)

12 weeks=1y in game sounds good.8 weeks would be good too(1year=6,5years in game so it takes still 2-3 years to build up career and retire)Maybe organisations could then have hall of fame(now it takes 6-7 years). Maybe training could be lil more effective so the time/training ratio be the same than now??

I would like to have possible to injury in training too. Something like if you train hard with low energy there is risk to get injured?

contract buyouts sounds cool,so ppl can sell the deal to others. But selling manager have to agree so company owners doesent have power to buyout who they want and maybe organisations could buyout fighters from other orgs too??

12 weeks for a year is better, it would still make the player development one of the slowest online as a fighter would have a life time of about 3-5 real life years, in my opinion that is still very steep. I think it should be at least down to 8 weeks, 8 weeks would mean around 1 1/2 years to peak and about 3 years to retirement, i do not think anyone can argue that he did not get his moneys worth. The other problem with how it is now (16 weeks) is that you will have people with some VERY crazy records when they retire (in 5-6 years time) if a fighter is getting a good 2 matches per month (which is an average estimate) he will have a match record of over 100 matches!!! Never heard of anything close to that, with 8 weeks it will be half that which is at least believable.

The inactivity release is a great idea also, if someone is away for 4 months (in game that = 1 whole year!!) then releasing them also makes sense, i think that should also cut down to 2 months (assuming that the development is also cut to 8 weeks) that will be good as many good fighters suck on inactive managers will be allowed to get new managers, this will be really good later on.

A thing i would add here is maybe that some serious injuries being long term, i know this won't be too popular but it does happen in real life so why not here.

I would be another person in favor of a faster game speed. 5 years to hit my prime. Ouch. I'll be in my 40's then :(

yeah and i will be 37! Some of these younger players can afford to sit around for 5 years but i sure cannot, i think this needs to be AT LEAST 8 weeks for a year with peaking being around 30, that means if a guy starts his fighter at 18y he will be in his prime within 20 months (real time), if he starts at 22y it will cut it down to 14 months. Retirement for a 22 year old will take on average 24 months assuming he retires at 35, 2 1/2 years for the 18 year olds.

Maybe some ppl want build career for a fighter? I would like that. I can do it now too....takes around 6-7 years. Its better than we have 8-12 weeks for 1 year and still it would take 3 years with one fighter. With this pace there will be a lot of 25-30y old fighters in free agent list in future.

With this pace there will be a lot of 25-30y old fighters in free agent list in future.

Why would you release a fighter which is in his prime? I do not understand that at all.........................but seriously i do not understand some people commenting here, do you seriously have the patience to play this game 3 years to hit prime? There is also another problem you guys are not understanding here, that is that lets assume a fighter will be at his prime with the slow game pace we have now, it means that certain fighters will be at their prime for a serious amount of time (about a year) by which they will have serious advantage over the other fighters which started later on.

Having a faster pace means that fighters will peak and retire faster and allow a more balanced game which will mean that newer players will also be able to compete with the older ones. Either way i will be really surprised if the pace is kept to the level it is now, does not make sense to me and i think the admin will see that the current pace is far too slow. For now it is good to keep the pace slower because this is relatively early beta stages so certain changes could still be made, but once all the main changes are done i think the pace needs to pick up, 8 weeks is probably the best

Why would you release a fighter which is in his prime? I do not understand that at all.........................but seriously i do not understand some people commenting here, do you seriously have the patience to play this game 3 years to hit prime? There is also another problem you guys are not understanding here, that is that lets assume a fighter will be at his prime with the slow game pace we have now, it means that certain fighters will be at their prime for a serious amount of time (about a year) by which they will have serious advantage over the other fighters which started later on.

Having a faster pace means that fighters will peak and retire faster and allow a more balanced game which will mean that newer players will also be able to compete with the older ones. Either way i will be really surprised if the pace is kept to the level it is now, does not make sense to me and i think the admin will see that the current pace is far too slow. For now it is good to keep the pace slower because this is relatively early beta stages so certain changes could still be made, but once all the main changes are done i think the pace needs to pick up, 8 weeks is probably the best

i think the pace is fine for now maybe down the road speed up a tad but not much , its not a video game . if you speed it to much everyone gets better faster( bored) and then says its to easy and then MMATYCOON gets thrown in the closet along with UFC undisputed 09 and all the other games people used to like. it takes time to develop skills in the real world so i think it should be somewhat of a challenge to become well rounded in Tycoon land. just my 2 pennies worth

Well Mentor my point is ppl get bored and quits. Then all the fighters become free agents(that what Mike said)so after 3-4 years there is no fighters who has retired but a lot fighters who doesent have manager.

But if ppl like to build 6-7 years a career its fine. I would like one career be something like 2-3 years in real life. 2-3 years arent enough to build career in game? So we can simple but this in realtime pace and play 18 years. right??

Like i said before 8-12 weeks/1 year would be the best. In real life profighters fight something like 3-6 times/year....not 10-16 times.

Like i said before 8-12 weeks/1 year would be the best. In real life profighters fight something like 3-6 times/year....not 10-16 times.

lol, my mistake i only just noticed you are pushing the same notion i was pointing out, also that is a good point about the times a fighter gets to fight per year, with a 8 week time it would mean that he could get around 4 fights which is realistic per year, at the moment they will get in 8+ fights per year, which is another reason why i think the speed should be cut down at least 50% :smile_anim:

"but seriously i do not understand some people commenting here, do you seriously have the patience to play this game 3 years to hit prime?"

I do not understand why it is important how long it takes to reach this "prime" since virtually no one else is gonna get there before you. It's a level playing field.

To have newer players catch up easier later you can just allow higher starting ages, possibly have them trail a year or two (so when the current 22 year olds are 26-27 you let new fighters start at 24-25). (Also, newly created 25 year olds should probably be a bit worse than the average 25 years old that had years to grow and train, like our current 18 year olds should be better when they hit 22, than the current 22 year olds are now.)

"but seriously i do not understand some people commenting here, do you seriously have the patience to play this game 3 years to hit prime?"

To have newer players catch up easier later you can just allow higher starting ages, possibly have them trail a year or two (so when the current 22 year olds are 26-27 you let new fighters start at 24-25). (Also, newly created 25 year olds should probably be a bit worse than the average 25 years old that had years to grow and train, like our current 18 year olds should be better when they hit 22, than the current 22 year olds are now.)

Why do that when you can just change the speed? I think todays players should start on similar terms as those in a year or two from now

You didn't adress how this supposed "prime" means anything in a world where no one is there yet.

I think it makes sense to speed up the game once our 22 year olds hit their thirties (or something like 27+), because THEN it will matter to new players that it will take forever to hit their prime.

Speeding the game up *now* means we'll reach a point sooner where those of us who got in now will have a great jump on newbs coming in later. This is good for US sure, but likely bad for business as the site will need new players coming in and not thinking they'll never be able to catch up.

I don't think there's any point to let "fairness" trump gameplay, such as having the fighter starting age maxed at 22 forever. Yes, long term players should have an advantage, but it's better for the game that it isn't so big that it scares off newbs.