List of Training Changes

Grey

Some of you need to realize how extremely high 82% is. I have a guy with sensational or higher in every secondary but elbows and knees with quite impressive primaries and physicals to go with it that is still below 82%. I actually wouldn't mind to see the soft cap lower.

Someone like Bokhari isn't even close to 82% (although I guess the limit is a bit lower for heavily specialized fighters too).

• Upvote 1

i think several of you guys are not understanding how these changes are going to work....

for one, it will be EASIER to get to elite = +1

secondly, just because skills start to decline at exceptional, that doesnt mean that you cant go beyond that or maintain it? all you've got to do is fight 1 time a month to reset everything (= +1) and then spam your high skills just like you do now. where's the change? occassionally you'll have to pop a training session in here and there to reset another skill. but who cares? for me, that is nice :smile_anim:

i think that you're going to see a lot more elite level and double sensational level fighters than ever before. you can count on it.....or at least you can count on it from me because i've already devised a masterful gameplan that's gonna kick all your asses :)

[edit] im actually not so sure that if the sparring is worked in the correct fashion that during the peak times of a fighters career that he may be able to even delve into some moments of double elite and single or double sensational? it's gonna be possible simply because the sparring is gonna be sooooo much faster than before

• Upvote 1

I doubt he meant they start to decline at exceptional, based on the wiki it doesn't seem to work like that at all and I really hope that isn't the case. I think he just meant the if you spread you training optimally the theoretical max while fighting decline is around 82%.

I doubt he meant they start to decline at exceptional, based on the wiki it doesn't seem to work like that at all and I really hope that isn't the case. I think he just meant the if you spread you training optimally the theoretical max while fighting decline is around 82%.

yea, i didnt mean decline. exceptional being the level at which maintenance starts kicking in is what i was referring to. but that doesnt mean that you cant take multiple skills far beyond exceptional at all. which seems to be what ppl are believing is the case

[edit] the maintenance i dont think is going to be nearly as big of a deal as ppl seem to be making it. then when you figure in how much faster fighters are going to train from getting 150 sparring classes, it's gonna fun to see :)

yea, i didnt mean decline. exceptional being the level at which maintenance starts kicking in is what i was referring to. but that doesnt mean that you cant take multiple skills far beyond exceptional at all. which seems to be what ppl are believing is the case

[edit] the maintenance i dont think is going to be nearly as big of a deal as ppl seem to be making it. then when you figure in how much faster fighters are going to train from getting 150 sparring classes, it's gonna fun to see :)

So if you have an elite secondary, how much "maintenance" would you expect to have to do to keep it there?

Man, I wish these changes came in when I had The Beez Nest. The advent of private gyms caused it to lose members and bleed me dry, so I started a private gym to keep up with the times, now this :D

It's going to take some time to take in what all this means, I like the changes from a game design and game health point of view, but in the short term its going to cause some upheaval.

kinda like "the great spar nerf of '09"

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. After playing the game for 2 years and seeing people with fighters with awesome skills across the board, I finally figured out how to do it and finally lucked out with a fast learner and finally have one of those fighters I've always lusted over and envied.... and now I get to watch his skills slowly decrease just when I got him to where I want him to be? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right....

it's not just u homie, we all in the same boat. think of guys like luke, rayden, avon...guys that have been here longer than us with fighters older than ours...this effects them too, prolly more than it effects us (altho i do have some old fighters in my camp).

I'm just saying man.... I've played games like this before and it really sucks that once you think you've got it figured out they make radical changes. I just hope that these are the last changes of this magnitude. Little changes here and there to better the game are cool, but don't screw with how the whole game is played. Like I said before, I'll be playing either way, I just hope I stay interested when I see my skills steadily decline.

u know, i was just "getting it" when the great spar nerf of '09 happened. i jumped the gun and made a bunch of guys at 20,21 and 22, becuz i was told by several managers (and read in forum) that it wouldn't be prudent to make 18 year olds anymore...boy was i wrong, was i lead astray. SEVERAL managers made 18's and a lot of those guys are prospering even now, and a lot of my guys (who are very good now) are quite a bit older.

don't do anything rash just yet. let the dust settle. there will soon be "how to do it" threads all over the place. weather the initial upheaval and rise again!

Damn I just learned how all of this stuff works and now it's going to be changed, lol! :haddock: Im all for it though! :boxing:

The only negative effect I can think of is that a new players might find out all of this even more complicated and leave the game or something, maybe, I guess etc... :unsure:

• Upvote 1

There seem to be varying opinions on stuff. I hope things are clear cut before the changes are actually put into effect.

before i say anything i would like to stress that this is not meant to put down mike tycoon or piss him off or anything, but.....

mike seems to like to be really secretive about everything about this game and make us figure it out on our own, and get pissed off when people make assumptions/jump to conclusions, but won't bother to clear the air and set the record straight which i find kind of frustrating. you can't be vague and then get mad at people for not understanding and/or assuming things. assumption is human nature, esp. when you don't have all of the info.

the bottom line for me with all of this is that it will affect everyone else the same as me so i can live with it. i don't like or agree with all of it, but it's not about what i want or like.

So if you have an elite secondary, how much "maintenance" would you expect to have to do to keep it there?

well, from what i can understand, it appears that it only takes one training session in that particular skill to reset it back to zero. how often will it need to be reset? i would have to assume most likely twice a week at the max. mikes not trying to eliminate Elite from the game. he just wants some diversity. so i'd guess twice per week at the most

Damn I just learned how all of this stuff works and now it's going to be changed, lol! :haddock: Im all for it though! :boxing:

The only negative effect I can think of is that a new players might find out all of this even more complicated and leave the game or something, maybe, I guess etc... :unsure:

chances are, most new players wont even know about the mechanics of how it works. so that part wont really effect them. they'll just see a star system ranking the sparring classes and i have to assume that even the biggest dumbass would understand that 5 out of 5 stars is better than 1 out of 5 stars.....the entire system from what i can see is going to be waaay better for just the average 'ol player

it says in the wiki that 82% is 2500 to 2600 points. in case nobody realizes, that's pretty damn high ex: Billy Goat he's my fighter and he has 82.4% and just under 2600 skill points. i can tell you right now, if that's a good measuring stick to go by, then you'll be able to have more sensationals than you can shake a stick at :)

• Downvote 1

I cant believe people like most of this update? you pay for product A and now have to play product B? I dont get why you make the game take even more work, you already have to be half geek to play and put aside a lot of time if you run a org and now theres a new full time focus? common mike, not everyone has time for all this.. it takes long enough to train without decreases, a decrease ONLY by age is fine but all this extra shit is to much.. its a game, for people to play it shouldnt be a hassel. IDK , for me this is killing my drive to play

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I cant believe people like most of this update? you pay for product A and now have to play product B? I dont get why you make the game take even more work, you already have to be half geek to play and put aside a lot of time if you run a org and now theres a new full time focus? common mike, not everyone has time for all this.. it takes long enough to train without decreases, a decrease ONLY by age is fine but all this extra shit is to much.. its a game, for people to play it should be a hassel. IDK , for me this is killing my drive to play

this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly, i read to posts in this thread well one and a half, half the first one, couldn't understand most that crap, and all of this one

I cant believe people like most of this update? you pay for product A and now have to play product B? I dont get why you make the game take even more work, you already have to be half geek to play and put aside a lot of time if you run a org and now theres a new full time focus? common mike, not everyone has time for all this.. it takes long enough to train without decreases, a decrease ONLY by age is fine but all this extra shit is to much.. its a game, for people to play it should be a hassel. IDK , for me this is killing my drive to play

i am with you 65% :D..

I cant believe people like most of this update? you pay for product A and now have to play product B? I dont get why you make the game take even more work, you already have to be half geek to play and put aside a lot of time if you run a org and now theres a new full time focus? common mike, not everyone has time for all this.. it takes long enough to train without decreases, a decrease ONLY by age is fine but all this extra shit is to much.. its a game, for people to play it shouldnt be a hassel. IDK , for me this is killing my drive to play

the game was updated several times before you bought your VIP. turns out those updates were good enough to sucker you into buying VIP. now mike is just trying to improve his game some more so that he can sucker new unsuspecting ppl into enjoying his game enough to pay for it. just like he did to you. then he'll change it again after that. come to think of it, he is a pretty shitty dude. perhaps you should quit playing the game to show your displeasure. that would show him! go ahead man, make the sacrifice! you'll be the man that will always be remembered for leading the charge against mike tycoon and his deceptive ways :smile_anim:

this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly, i read to posts in this thread well one and a half, half the first one, couldn't understand most that crap, and all of this one

well not understanding it is okay. because the only thing that you'll need to realize is that it's setup now so that even the biggest moron can understand it. once mike puts in the trigger tracker, then it'll be as simple as 1,2,3 :smile_anim:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Some fighters (fast learners) should be able to not only faster reach the total max skill level but above all they should be able to reach higher total skill level. How can we assume that Mariusz Pudzianowski at some point will be just as skillful as Fedor, GSP or JJ? Some fighters have better chin, better knockout power etc. I don't quite understand why the total skill level should be the same for every single fighter. It was part of fun for me to hunt for a fast learning beast.

exactly...there should be a hidden for how high of a peak a fighter can actually hit and a separate hidden for how long that peak lasts before degrading (of course, factoring in injuries). so you could have guys that have high peaks that burn out fast and guys with lower peaks that plateau for a longer period of time. or any other combo of those factors.

Your acting like a straight up loser right now, you know those guys think think they the center of attention and so funny but they are not.. ya, one of those guys..

• Downvote 1

Top guys won't really be sparring any faster as they had bots close to 150 anyway. Noobs and others that use random sessions for sparring will get hugely better effect though.

well, from what i can understand, it appears that it only takes one training session in that particular skill to reset it back to zero. how often will it need to be reset? i would have to assume most likely twice a week at the max. mikes not trying to eliminate Elite from the game. he just wants some diversity. so i'd guess twice per week at the most

Training a skill or a related skill only decreases the ticker by a certain amount, it does not reset it. Eventually fighters will reach a level where they can't keep up with the tickers but as the sessions used to keep them down also add skills you will be able to train a bit beyond this point. The peak will be when gains from training and the constant decline cancels out. Fighting regularly will probably allow you a slightly higher peak.

before i say anything i would like to stress that this is not meant to put down mike tycoon or piss him off or anything, but.....

mike seems to like to be really secretive about everything about this game and make us figure it out on our own, and get pissed off when people make assumptions/jump to conclusions, but won't bother to clear the air and set the record straight which i find kind of frustrating. you can't be vague and then get mad at people for not understanding and/or assuming things. assumption is human nature, esp. when you don't have all of the info.

the bottom line for me with all of this is that it will affect everyone else the same as me so i can live with it. i don't like or agree with all of it, but it's not about what i want or like.

You can't really share the math behind the game as that will take a lot away from it. It was bad enough when you could see really exact gains from training. Too many known formulas leads to too much math to play.

i read many posts like this when the sparnerf happened. turns out, everything was fine.

can't teach an old dog new tricks? loool. fukn cap. i don't understand all of it either, i never really did. again, that's what makes the game cool...u don't have to understand every single nuance of it to be decent at it. it's VERY easy to overthink this game.

the game was updated several times before you bought your VIP. turns out those updates were good enough to sucker you into buying VIP. now mike is just trying to improve his game some more so that he can sucker new unsuspecting ppl into enjoying his game enough to pay for it. just like he did to you. then he'll change it again after that. come to think of it, he is a pretty shitty dude. perhaps you should quit playing the game to show your displeasure. that would show him! go ahead man, make the sacrifice! you'll be the man that will always be remembered for leading the charge against mike tycoon and his deceptive ways :smile_anim:

i love this post for 2 reasons:

1 - this looks like something i once posted to you during the sparnerf? lool. things have now come full circle.

2 - it's awesome.

Top guys won't really be sparring any faster as they had bots close to 150 anyway. Noobs and others that use random sessions for sparring will get hugely better effect though.

Training a skill or a related skill only decreases the ticker by a certain amount, it does not reset it.

Well, you need 4 bots(or better, find 4 fighters of your alliance or something) after the change as 1-on-1 sparring is nerfed and bots ain't that effective anymore. As for training a skill, the ticker is decreased when you spar but it resets if you are training a specific secondary(like punch tech for example).

Well, you need 4 bots(or better, find 4 fighters of your alliance or something) after the change as 1-on-1 sparring is nerfed and bots ain't that effective anymore. As for training a skill, the ticker is decreased when you spar but it resets if you are training a specific secondary(like punch tech for example).

I was responding to the comment edwardsfan made about it going to be interesting how fast people improve now when getting 150 sparring. I just tried to say the current sparring would have basically matched that value at low levels and clearly beat it at high levels.

Thanks for the answer Mike.

This relates to the "how good should the best fighter be able to be" thread i assume.

IMO having a quad exceptional as max, is annoyingly low.

But on the other hand, it's a relatively minor annoyance though. :)

Unfortunately for you, you're in the minority on that one because most people were giving out numbers around 70-75% total. I went well above that as it is because I thought that was too low. Anyway, I'm still playing with that so we'll have to see. I don't need any input at this stage on what people think - just saying that 82% thing is subject to change still.

1 - this looks like something i once posted to you during the sparnerf? lool. things have now come full circle.

i can assure you that you are mistaken because i am pretty much the one that was responsible for the sparnerf being implemented :)

[edit] the only thing that you ever harped to me on was private gyms because i was against them along with ppl like Avon and FrankyFin. it now looks like that has come full circle :P